The Mummy: Tomb of the Dragon Emperor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Impediment

SelphieT
Oh no.... not another one of these........

I might see it just to see it, but...... I have feelings it might be a flop.

Alpha Centauri
This is the new trend, clearly.

It was superhero movies, then book adaptations, now it's nostalgia movies and/or adventure movies.

National Treasure, Indy, The Mummy etc.

Luckily I found the first two movies entertaining and rather fun, so I might go see this. I think Brenden Fraser is way more suited to the role of bad ass adventurer than Cage.

-AC

SnakeEyes
I enjoyed the first 2 Mummy films quite a bit, but I have very low expectations of this one.

Impediment
To be quite honest, I love the Mummy. It was chock full of SFX, adventure, and humor; the perfect popcorn flick.

The Mummy Returns, however, was not nearly as good, what, with The Rock being portrayed in all of his CGI man/scorpion persona at the end of the movie. thumb down

Maybe some undead Chinese warriors, featuring Jet Li, can spruce up the franchise, yeah?

SnakeEyes
The departure or Rachel Weisz makes me automatically not like this one as much, but we'll see. Also, no Imhotep, but again, I will try to reserve judgement.

regina414
I am sad because Rachel Weisz will not be a part of this new Mummy sequel.

exanda kane

Rajendra
I have love Brandon from the start and now I'm getting excited to see him again for the upcoming mummy.

JediSamuraiMRB
Seems interesting, but without Rachel Weisz, I'm not so not so sure at this point. Maybe after viewing the trailer I may change my mind.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by regina414
I am sad because Rachel Weisz will not be a part of this new Mummy sequel.

I agree, she was better eye candy than the CGI.

I loved the first two mummy movies. These are the only ,Emmerich, movies that i enjoy. I think he did a great job in creating fun adventure movies with this series. I'm not sure how well the third movie will do without Imotep and Weisz's character, but i have to admit. Emmerich is good at creating characters these type of movies. I'm on the fence, but i will be seeing it.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
This is the new trend, clearly.

It was superhero movies, then book adaptations, now it's nostalgia movies and/or adventure movies.

National Treasure, Indy, The Mummy etc.

-AC

Apparently, Emmerich has been trying to get this movie made for some time. I don't believe he is trying to cash in on any trend other than the successful reception of the first two movies. As for Universals motive. I'm sure, even though Emmerich always had the greenlight for mummy 3. He was given a larger budget because of the current interest of adventure and fantasy movies.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Impediment

Directed by Stephen Sommers

Its actually Rob Cohen

Originally posted by ragesRemorse
I agree, she was better eye candy than the CGI.

I loved the first two mummy movies. These are the only ,Emmerich, movies that i enjoy. I think he did a great job in creating fun adventure movies with this series. I'm not sure how well the third movie will do without Imotep and Weisz's character, but i have to admit. Emmerich is good at creating characters these type of movies. I'm on the fence, but i will be seeing it.

Are You sure it was Roland Emmerich ???

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Kazenji

Are You sure it was Roland Emmerich ???

embarrasment

no, i was caught up with the 10,000 BC release.
sad

Darth Martin
Originally posted by JediSamuraiMRB
Seems interesting, but without Rachel Weisz, I'm not so not so sure at this point. Maybe after viewing the trailer I may change my mind. I know wtf were they thinking to leave her out? mad

Kazenji
Have you ever thought of theres maybe a reason for it ?

regina414

You didn't like Godzilla? It was directed by Roland Emmerich, too.

DarthLazious
I dont know if I wanna see this movie cause I was alittle disapointed in The Mummy Returns.

faithxp
I probably watch this movie because i love mummy movies.,

Kazenji
Originally posted by Impediment

The Mummy Returns, however, was not nearly as good, what, with The Rock being portrayed in all of his CGI man/scorpion persona at the end of the movie. thumb down

Bad CGI at that too

funny_123
Hi Guys, I love mummies movies. I will surely see this movie. I am not sure that this part is interesting because Rachel Weisz will not be a part of this new Mummy sequel.

regina414
I like John Hannah's character. He is so funny.

steverules
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Mummy:_Tomb_of_the_Dragon_Emperor

2 more sequals, one is a possible prequal I think

Robtard
The Mummy was enjoyable, but the Mummy Returns was lame. So I might just make this one a Netflix Rental, depends what the trailer does for me.

Arachnid1
I'll go see it. I loved the previous movies!

regina414
Me, too. I just love the adventure!

Stun
i just checked on imdb and apparently Brendan Frasier is only 13 years older than the guy playing his son in this film...how are they gonna pull that off? laughing out loud very cliche title but sod it, i'll still look forward to thiswink

exanda kane
Well Sean Connery was around 13 years older than Harrison Ford when he played Dr.Henry Jones in The Last Crusade.

Stun
Originally posted by exanda kane
Well Sean Connery was around 13 years older than Harrison Ford when he played Dr.Henry Jones in The Last Crusade.

i was thinking the same thing actually, but then Harrison has always looked younger, either that or i cant buy that Frasier' is 40 stick out tongue i suppose we'll have to wait and see if they get away with it

exanda kane
I see your point.

deathbycorn
This movie was pretty damn cool for a movie directed by Rob Cohen. The only bad thing I can say about it is Rachel Weisz wasn't in it. She was apart of the atmosphere that made the first two films really enjoyable. I still like the first two better though. And The Scorpion King just rules. The Scorpion King 2 wasn't that good though.

Neo_Version 7
The arrival of the Yetis was the single highest and lowest point of the movie.

Lowest, well, because they were yetis. I won't even go into how cheesy they were.

Highest, well, because it brought about the funniest line in the movie.

"She speaks yeti?"

moviebuff1084
This movie sucked i'm a huge fan of the first 2 but this is nothing like them. I don't think Jet Li is even considered a mummy in the movie so the name is a lie.

Kazenji
Originally posted by deathbycorn
The Scorpion King 2 wasn't that good though.

No surprise there it was a straight to dvd movie....

deathbycorn
There are some great direct to dvd flicks.

rockycairns
This movie sucked major ass, and this is from a fan of the first two Mummy movies, Brendan Frasier is just plain annoying in this one and Maria Bello is a rubbish replacement for Rachael Weiz.

Plus Jet Li is a terrible baddie and plus he's massively underused anyway.

Markus Corvinus
I thought this movie was pretty good, I saw it back in August. Thus far, it's my favorite movie of the franchise, albeit it's not the best, but my favorite thus far. I liked the Yeti scene, it was probably my favorite scene of the entire movie.

Darth Martin
So what was better this or Indy4?

deathbycorn
This.

Robtard
Originally posted by Darth Martin
So what was better this or Indy4?

Indy 4

Mummy 3 didn't have a single redeeming quality, Indy 4 was just crappy.

Edit: Mummy 3 had Maria Bello; she's smoking hot, but even that couldn't make up for the complete shit script.

MildPossession
I heard her English accent was horrendous too?

Anyway, I will no doubt see it around Christmas time because I'm buying it for my Mum for a Christmas present and she adores Brendan Fraser... so will probably love the movie lol.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.