Zatanna vs. Sersi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

id369
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/ee/Zatanna-hughes.png/225px-Zatanna-hughes.png

vs

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/b/ba/Sersi.jpg/200px-Sersi.jpg

Symmetric Chaos
isres pots

won evael

Game over?

SmurphSmash!
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
isres pots

won evael

Game over? What do you think happens faster... Sersi stops or Zatanna turns into a pig?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by SmurphSmash!
What do you think happens faster... Sersi stops or Zatanna turns into a pig?

laughing out loud

Poopy head no expression

Lumby
Apoc, thor, and surfer i think

Laminator_X
Or how about Sersi turns all the air into something corrosive and laughs it off because she's an Eternal while Zatana lies choking and convulsing?

celestialdemon
I'd say Sersi wins. If Zatanna turns her into anything, Sersi could just change back at will.

Laminator_X
Originally posted by celestialdemon
I'd say Sersi wins. If Zatanna turns her into anything, Sersi could just change back at will.

I wouldn't necessarily go that far. Sersi's abilities rely on her ability to manipulate cosmic energy. Zatana could conceivably inhibit that with her magic, given the opportunity.

However, the fact remains that Sersi's powers are limited only by her reaction time while Zatana (usually) does her backwards-talking schtick.

Frankly, as versatile as matter-manipulation is, Sersi's eye-blasts could end this in a blink (so to speak) as well. Hers aren't as potent as her combat-focussed cousins like Ikaris or Thena, but they're still more than enough to stop Zatana mid-phrase.

starlock
Sersi for the win

Good thread thumb up

TricksterPriest
Zee doesn't need to talk backwards to work her magic. It's just a gimmick she uses.

guy222
sersi

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Zee doesn't need to talk backwards to work her magic. It's just a gimmick she uses.

It's one she uses compulsively though.

hunbu04
ANd unlike sersi Zatanna powers have no known limits from manipulating all the elements, to time travel, to mind wrap, energy and matter maniputation, to transmutation, and minor reality manipulation and defeating omnipotent beings. no offense but sersi eye beam is not going to end this fight fast because it is not going to get pass Zee force field people keep talking about Zee loosing to characters with superspeed but like we saw in countdown Zee easily beat Black Mary who had both superspeed and long range energy projection.

iceman24567
Zatanna wins plus she has the better cleavage.

Laminator_X
Certainly, if Zatana manages to act first there aren't many that she couldn't overcome. And as Trick pointed out, she doesn't absolutely have to do the reverse-talking thing.

However, in practice the only time she seems to skip the chatter is when somebody tries to be cute and gag her or similar. Otherwise, she goes for it almost every time.

Despite her sometimes flighty demeanor, don't forget Sersi is a veteran of hundreds of thousands of years of war against the Deviants. All else being equal, I still think she beats Zatana to the punch.

Terryc250
Sersi ftw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.