Aliens: Colonial Marines

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kazenji
Name: Aliens: Colonial Marines
Official Site: Sega
Released: 2009
Publisher: Sega
Developer: Gearbox
Formats: PC, Next-Gen Consoles
Genre: First-Person Shooter

Link with some pictures

http://avpgalaxy.net/games.php?section=multialienscm

SaTsuJiN
so gearbox did some ports and now all the sudden they have 'design talents'... lmao

knowing that gearbox is handling one of my favorite franchises makes me a very VERY sad panda

Kazenji
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
so gearbox did some ports and now all the sudden they have 'design talents'... lmao

knowing that gearbox is handling one of my favorite franchises makes me a very VERY sad panda

They've done more then just ports of games roll eyes (sarcastic)

SaTsuJiN
care to elaborate?... and I mean a good game under their belts

Kazenji
-Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30
-Brothers in Arms: Earned in Blood

Some of those games and the Half-Life expansion packs Opposing Force and Blue Shift.

SaTsuJiN
ok.. so they mod existing software.. how's that design talent?
(not saying that isn't difficult.. but I can probably name like 5 other studio's that would do the alien franchise much more justice.. ones that the word 'talent' would hold meaning for)

thats very different from creating your own game from the ground up

Smasandian
Gearbox isnt bad.

Brothers in Arms was pretty damn good game and pretty interesting to boot.

And Opposing Froce was an excellent expansion pack, probably one of the beter ones released.

I think they could easily pull this off. I wish it was Monolith but well, cant have everything.

Kazenji
ok.. so they mod existing software.. how's that design talent?
(not saying that isn't difficult..

And Why is it bad using an existing game engine that were used for Unreal 3 ??

BioShock used it and that did well better hate the people that used the engine for that roll eyes (sarcastic)

SaTsuJiN
that was a total conversion.. thats like saying I should hate jedi outcast for using quake 3 engine.. the games are unrelated, whereas the 'expansions' gearbox did are very much unchanged from the source material roll eyes (sarcastic)

Smasandian
It still doesnt mean its not a good game, or that they dont have talent.

It doesnt matter considering Brothers in Arms was a wicked game.

SaTsuJiN
Well my concern is now they are making a game from the ground up... right? (I dont recall reading this aliens game using any existing technology)

they haven't ever made a game from the ground up (to my knowledge), which is why I think this game is going to tank hard.. creating millions of sad pandas

ragesRemorse
Holy shit. FVCKING HELL!!!! Im so excited for this. I remember reserving a copy of this back in 2000 for the PS2. I was broken hearted when the game was cancelled. It was the only game cancellation that actually disappointed me a bit. Aliens VS Predator 1&2 were great games. The second game was an exceptionaly popular venture. I have been wondering when we would get another Aliens or predator game, other than shitty Strategy games.

I wonder if they will go off of what the original Colonial Marines was doing. I remember...,Colonial Marines made it to Beta stages before it was cancelled.

Smasandian
Well my concern is now they are making a game from the ground up... right? (I dont recall reading this aliens game using any existing technology)

they haven't ever made a game from the ground up (to my knowledge), which is why I think this game is going to tank hard.. creating millions of sad pandas

Brothers in Arms is their game, and it was pretty damn good.

I assuming their using an Unreal, or some other engine, or if they are not then probably using their building an engine for all the other new games they are doing.

But in the end, they have produce quality work so I dont see a problem.

pr1983
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
Holy shit. FVCKING HELL!!!! Im so excited for this. I remember reserving a copy of this back in 2000 for the PS2. I was broken hearted when the game was cancelled. It was the only game cancellation that actually disappointed me a bit. Aliens VS Predator 1&2 were great games. The second game was an exceptionaly popular venture. I have been wondering when we would get another Aliens or predator game, other than shitty Strategy games.

I wonder if they will go off of what the original Colonial Marines was doing. I remember...,Colonial Marines made it to Beta stages before it was cancelled.

i'm pretty much in the same boat... can't wait...

Raoul
small update

Morridini
Nice litle leaked gameplay footage:

yBBaspEoixY

Nemesis X
I'm a little pissed off that they delayed the game and wouldn't show it at E3. I wanted to play the demo dang it! From what I have seen in the vids, the game looks like it's gonna be great but after seeing the vids, I'm even more pissed off that they delayed the game. Thanks a whole friggin lot Gearbox mad

Smasandian
Delayed usually means good.

Very often a game should be delayed but people get mad, they release earlier, and the game usually turns out bad.

If companies didnt delayed games, we wouldnt have great titles like Half Life, Half Life 2, every Will Wright game, every Blizzard game and pretty much any great developer.

Its annoying but it works out in the end.

Nemesis X
Delayed videogames = Gamers killing themselves.

True that delaying might be good to make the game a little better but waiting for months and possibly years would just drive a person insane. Gearbox, release this game early so you can save a thousand lives from killing themselves.

Smasandian
Sure.

Who gives a crap about a good game?

Anyways, how is it delayed, they have released a date yet.

I dont really care about delays. I used too, but not now. So a game gets delayed a half year, I dont really care. The only thing I dont like is when the game is about to be released, and they delay a week.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Nemesis X
Delayed videogames = Gamers killing themselves

More like

Delayed videogames = Better quality of the game

Morridini
Seems like this game is in danger of being cancelled: http://www.gamespot.com/news/show_blog_entry.php?topic_id=26685565&tag=latestheadlines;title;4

Raoul
i'd heard that... hopefully we'll still get the game, if the gearbox president is to be believed...

Nemesis X
Colonial Marines is threatened to get cancelled? Bull****! This game will be one of Gearbox's greatest.

Raoul
Colonial Marines is threatened to get cancelled? Bull****! This game will be one of Gearbox's greatest.

hopefully...

Nemesis X
Originally posted by Raoul
hopefully...

Hopefully? It will be. Aliens has been an awesome series in the movies, games, and comic books. Gearbox making an Aliens game will be perfect. Their game Half-Life was a success and I hope Gearbox makes more in the future but the point is, Gearbox will be making Colonial Marines a must have game so saying "hopefully" means that you don't have faith in them at all.

Raoul
Hopefully? It will be. Aliens has been an awesome series in the movies, games, and comic books. Gearbox making an Aliens game will be perfect. Their game Half-Life was a success and I hope Gearbox makes more in the future but the point is, Gearbox will be making Colonial Marines a must have game so saying "hopefully" means that you don't have faith in them at all.

i do have faith. i'm quietly optimistic.

when i said 'hopefully' i as talking about the game being finished and released, not about the actual quality of the game...

the screenshots alone make me want this game bad...

Nemesis X
You think Gearbox would have the courtesy to not release screenshots of the game if they're gonna cancel it because looking at those pics make me want it even more and them cancelling the game makes me want to burn down the building.

This only happened because Gearbox's last game "Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway" had bad reviews. Stupid Gearbox, if only you didn't make that game, then there would've been a chance for Colonial Marines. You A holes!

Raoul
You think Gearbox would have the courtesy to not release screenshots of the game if they're gonna cancel it because looking at those pics make me want it even more and them cancelling the game makes me want to burn down the building.

This only happened because Gearbox's last game "Brothers in Arms Hell's Highway" had bad reviews. Stupid Gearbox, if only you didn't make that game, then there would've been a chance for Colonial Marines. You A holes!

they laid people off. they had to change several members of the staff working on the game... that's what worries me...

ragesRemorse
The Aliens franchise has been pumping out one shit pie after another. The last good piece of material to come from the Aliens franchise was Aliens Vs Predator 2 (the video game). I've been highly anticipating this game since it was first cancelled for the Ps2, several years ago. I'm hoping that it can reestablish the Aliens franchise and at least bring back the quality of the first two films and comics to the video game market because the film outlet is dead.

I am really not expecting to see this game get released. The only chance i believe this game has is the fact that it is nearly done. So, even if Gearbox does go under or gets bought out, Colonial Marines may still have a shot at being distributed. Although, i highly doubt this. Gearboxs' flagship series, Brothers in Arms, just saw a failure with Hells highway. I am sure that the last thing they want to do is take a gamble on such a niche title like, Colonial Marines. From what i've read, however, the game hasn't been shelved despite rumors and is still slated for a first quarter release in 09 but i really wouldn't count on that. Infact, like i've already said, i have no confidence that we will ever see this game released.

Kazenji
Their game Half-Life was a success and I hope Gearbox makes more in the future but the point is,

Gearbox did'nt make the original Half-life they only did the expansion Half-Life: Opposing Force.

Nemesis X
Oh. Well still I hope there's more Half-Life games in the future. But anyways, this game better come out.

Smasandian
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
The Aliens franchise has been pumping out one shit pie after another. The last good piece of material to come from the Aliens franchise was Aliens Vs Predator 2 (the video game). I've been highly anticipating this game since it was first cancelled for the Ps2, several years ago. I'm hoping that it can reestablish the Aliens franchise and at least bring back the quality of the first two films and comics to the video game market because the film outlet is dead.

I am really not expecting to see this game get released. The only chance i believe this game has is the fact that it is nearly done. So, even if Gearbox does go under or gets bought out, Colonial Marines may still have a shot at being distributed. Although, i highly doubt this. Gearboxs' flagship series, Brothers in Arms, just saw a failure with Hells highway. I am sure that the last thing they want to do is take a gamble on such a niche title like, Colonial Marines. From what i've read, however, the game hasn't been shelved despite rumors and is still slated for a first quarter release in 09 but i really wouldn't count on that. Infact, like i've already said, i have no confidence that we will ever see this game released.

I'm pretty sure an Aliens FPS can sell a ton of copies. I dont see it as a niche title. I see it as a pretty anticipated title.

I wish Monolith, the creators of the second AVP game has a chance to continue with that franchise. The second is one of my favorite games out there. It's amazing. Update graphics and sound could easily make the game kick ass.

Nemesis X
So let me get this straight: Colonial Marines might get cancelled because Gearbox's previous videogame "Hell's Highway" got bad reviews? That's stupid.

Raoul
So let me get this straight: Colonial Marines might get cancelled because Gearbox's previous videogame "Hell's Highway" got bad reviews? That's stupid.

it's about risk and reward... why pump even more money into a game if they're not sure its going to be sure fire hit?

i think it would be a hit, though...

Smasandian
It didnt get bad reviews, it has bad sales.

Reviews never are in question when it comes to a sequel.

As for other question, there will be a ton more Half Life games. It's Valve flagship title. Gazillion of fans.

Nemesis X
Bad Sales? That's what's threatening Colonial Marines to get cancelled? That's even more stupid! Whoever is telling Gearbox to put Colonial Marines away deserves a smack in the face.

Smasandian
Well, I think the point is that whoever is pulling the funding is because they dont think Gearbox can make any money from the game, and it could mean that whoever is pulling the strings will give it to somebody else.

Or, if Gearbox is handling the cash side of things, which I think is the case, they just dont have money to make the game.

It's just a rumour, but developing firm that isnt making money is not going to be able to make games.

Morridini
Bad Sales? That's what's threatening Colonial Marines to get cancelled? That's even more stupid! Whoever is telling Gearbox to put Colonial Marines away deserves a smack in the face.

How the hell is that even more stupid?
Why would the producers care if one of their games got great reviews, but no one is buying it?

Kazenji
Found out that ALiens RPG game has been cancelled.

Kazenji
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/gamenews.php?id=78479

-Pr-
sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet sweet.

Scythe
Oh shi-!

Kazenji
I like to know how Hadley's Hope is still standing when the processing station exploded.

Kazenji
Seems some people are playing the demo, I guess Gearbox is pulling another Duke Forever only exclusive to special people

i hope what we see for the screenshots is also what we are going to see for the console versions.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Kazenji
I like to know how Hadley's Hope is still standing when the processing station exploded.

I wonder how the hell they will explain that considering the plant supposedly destroyed the entire planet, or at least section.

According to the movies.

Kazenji
New screenshots

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/articlenews.php?id=20525

-Pr-
Originally posted by Smasandian
I wonder how the hell they will explain that considering the plant supposedly destroyed the entire planet, or at least section.

According to the movies.

I thought that he said it was a nuclear explosion the size of texas? damn, its been a while since i saw that movie...

New screenshots

http://www.shocktillyoudrop.com/news/articlenews.php?id=20525

nice. i'm gonna need a new pc for this >.<

Smasandian
The explosion might of been the size of Texas, I'm not sure but Hadley's Hope was right beside the explosion. Maybe a 100 KM at most.

-Pr-
The explosion might of been the size of Texas, I'm not sure but Hadley's Hope was right beside the explosion. Maybe a 100 KM at most.

Oh that, yeah. I was more speaking about the planet surviving.

Seems they really do have a lot of explaining to do... Though they might also explain why there are still aliens on the planet if the plant was wiped out. I know the space jokey ship still had eggs, but they need hosts etc.

Smasandian
Yeah, it will be interesting to see. I don't think they will be able to pull it off.

Nemesis X
Well that explains why the place is intact.

Smasandian
Hahahah......that's dumb.

Nemesis X
Indeed.

Kazenji
Theres also an Aliens game coming out on the DS

for that it has a century after the events of the Aliens film. Earth authorities have finally realised that Ripley's investigation on the colony of LV-426 has gone awry. A second team of armed marines get sent to the planet to investigate the and clean up the mess

its as if these two games are in a different timeline.

Smasandian
The Alien series is riddled with shit like that.

It's because the series was never meant to be a continuous story line. And as well, the series was a bread winner for Fox.

Kazenji
DvJKfrKMayI#!

Scythe
Not sure if this has been posted.

eAfFE8iRSFc

RE: Blaxican
Looks really generic.

The Alien atmosphere in itself isn't enough to sell me on this. I thought this game was supposed to be a squad based tactical shooter like Republic Commando?

Scythe
Even though it's an early build of the game, it looks rather shit. The 4-player co-op sounds really fun, but it's not pleasing me tryin' to be an Aliens sequel. They're going about it all wring imo, though I'm too much of a die-hard Alien/s fan to not get this, it'll be late, late pick up when I can get it for twenty five bucks.

Smasandian
Yeah, I agree with Blax. It does look generic. It reminds me of Homefront with Aliens. A knock off CoD game.

And in reality, I'm a huge fan of the Alien series (even read some of the novels) but there has been a few Alien games and one recently and the Alien series is not enough to make it any good.

I still believe AVP2 was the best Alien game ever. I feel like playing it again. It was awesome.

jinXed by JaNx
Originally posted by Scythe
Not sure if this has been posted.

eAfFE8iRSFc

looks like a lot of fun. I cant wait

Kazenji
Yeah it looks like Call of duty using the Aliens universe at the moment.

majid86
I still dont get the fact that after Aliens, LV426 was nuked but how can everything still be intact in this game?

Never mind im still getting this game.

Rumor is Hudson probally survived and will make a cameo in this game.

-Pr-
It looks ok, but from what I've seen, the aliens movement and the pulse rifle firing was better in the recent AVP. I do like the squad aspect of it though; I just wish that they'd allow it through the whole game. Anyone going alone in to alien infested territory is dead, period.

Bar Ripley, obviously.

Originally posted by majid86
I still dont get the fact that after Aliens, LV426 was nuked but how can everything still be intact in this game?

Never mind im still getting this game.

Rumor is Hudson probally survived and will make a cameo in this game.

It isn't intact; though I'm sure they'll be clearer about what went on in the actual game.

Kazenji
Leaked photo of Aliens Colonial Marines collectors edition

http://img535.imageshack.us/img535/3517/37745010150470635653315.jpg

jinXed by JaNx
should have come with a pulse rifle

Kazenji
EfOOOAN9e9w

Awesome trailer.

Too bad the game looks sub-par. sad

Smasandian
Do I call a Steam 50% sale on this game in about 6 months after it's released.

How about a 75% sale on the game during the Christmas holiday sale.

I say, roughly 85% chance of happening. (if it's getting a Steam release)

Kazenji
Cover art

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/videogames/2253

http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/galleryvg/images/214//9.jpg

-Pr-
It better be good.

Kazenji
4qLuOVI1Fic

-Pr-
Actually looks decent, but I'm not sure how I feel about the Aliens so readily going from four to two-legged to attack. I know they did it in the movies, but in this... I dunno.

I'll play the game either way, but I'm cautious atm.

Yeah, looks a lot better than before. I like the cinematic gameplay, and I think that forcing you to choose between holding the motion sensor or the gun is a nice touch ,even if it's unrealistic (as some random meme says, "this is the future. where the ****s the night vision!?"wink. Aliens should be scary, damn it! And making you feel helpless is a good way to get that atmosphere.

So yeah, looking forward to the game. But I swear to god, I'm not getting it if the game is only like 6-7 hours long. I refuse. I ****ing refuse.

the ninjak
The game looks linear. Without real choice and just a random shoot and grab fest.

1. How do the Alien evolve to such different species?
2. Why can't you choose different paths in such ordeals?
3. Why aren't you armed with an Pulse Rifle on the get go?

How did the Alien create such creatures after the destruction of the second film? the planet was barren.

Kazenji
Originally posted by the ninjak
The game looks linear. Without real choice and just a random shoot and grab fest.

I'm getting bored of these linear FPS these days just because CoD does it doesn't mean every other game has to copy it

How did the Alien create such creatures after the destruction of the second film? the planet was barren.

This is Gearbox's explanation from page 3 which Nemesis found

So... what exactly do you guys want?

I can't think of a single way to make an Aliens game "non-linear" without making it retarded. Like, do you want it to be like Bioshock or something? Have puzzles? Level ups? ...moral choices?

-Pr-
Aliens, even the movies, were linear. That's the entire basis of the franchise, so I don't get why you guys are complaining.

It's not a platformer. Or an adventure game. It's a "try to get through this without becoming a facehugger's *****" game.

Kazenji
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
So... what exactly do you guys want?

I can't think of a single way to make an Aliens game "non-linear" without making it retarded. Like, do you want it to be like Bioshock or something? Have puzzles? Level ups? ...moral choices?

There have been other "non-Linear" games besides the Bioshock games.

Could you provide some examples?

NemeBro
The entire Elder Scrolls series.

But I don't see his point admittedly.

Shut up negro. laughing out loud

I was referring to non-linear first person shooters. uhuh

NemeBro
Elder Scrolls is played in first person typically.

Fallout also counts.

Bioshock is linear though, lol.

Let me think... Non-linear first person shooters... Borderlands is the best example I can think of off-hand.

Kazenji
Originally posted by NemeBro

Bioshock is linear though, lol.

Ummmm no its not, I'm pretty sure that you explore the level's in that game.

0mega Spawn
I actually realized i like that last AVP title after I traded it @ gamestop.

no expression

so I might pick this up if you can play aliens

-Pr-
Originally posted by 0mega Spawn
I actually realized i like that last AVP title after I traded it @ gamestop.

no expression

so I might pick this up if you can play aliens

you can in multiplayer, but not singleplayer.

0mega Spawn
well good thats what i meant to put.

the ninjak
Originally posted by -Pr-
you can in multiplayer, but not singleplayer.

Well it looks like the multiplayer may be the games strength. Cause the single player is massively linear. The single player should more longer running fortification moments. Where the player can truly make a difference. Not just having team mates die simply due to the fact that it was their time to die.

It wouldn't be much of survival/horror game if you could save everyone's lives and create a giant army of angry marines, though.

Nemesis X
Originally posted by RE: Blaxican
It wouldn't be much of survival/horror game if you could save everyone's lives and create a giant army of angry marines, though.

This.

Kazenji
Hope Gearbox does a good job of the console version.

-Pr-
Well it looks like the multiplayer may be the games strength. Cause the single player is massively linear. The single player should more longer running fortification moments. Where the player can truly make a difference. Not just having team mates die simply due to the fact that it was their time to die.

You are aware that this is a game based on a franchise that regularly kills of a majority of it's cast in every movie, right?

Also, linear =/= bad by definition.

NemeBro
Ummmm no its not, I'm pretty sure that you explore the level's in that game. In the most technical sense, that is entirely true of games like Halo.

But you are moving in one path to progress through the game, only taking detours for some extra items. It's still largely linear, which is a plot point (Would you kindly?).

Fallout, Elder Scrolls, Borderlands, etc, these are pretty non-linear games.

Smasandian
Bioshock is linear. The story progresses in a the same sequence every time.

The difference is that you can revisit old locations but that's not for the story but items and adam.

Kazenji
Bioshock is linear. The story progresses in a the same sequence every time.

The difference is that you can revisit old locations but that's not for the story but items and adam.

Its not as linear as the CoD games where its go in one direction and that's it.

Smasandian
No, it is not but it's a linear game. There isn't really an incentive to visit older areas in the game unless you need to improve your camera scores, missed something or for kicks.

Kazenji
No, it is not but it's a linear game. There isn't really an incentive to visit older areas in the game unless you need to improve your camera scores, missed something or for kicks.

Or looking for the diaries and maybe come across a secret area.

jinXed by JaNx
Whats so bad about linear games? I may prefer open world games over linear titles but i appreciate a good linear game. In fact i think some of the problems i have with open world games is the lack of structure and direction that most seem to have. Anyone who thinks, Colonial Marines would work as a non linear game is just wrong.

Smasandian
I have no problem with it.

But I find that linear, scripted game play is starting to not excite me like it used too. I think it's because I've seen everything.

Kazenji
First look at Lance Henriksen and also new images

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/Castle/news/?a=58519

jinXed by JaNx
thanks for the update

The campaign for this game is going to be like 5-6 hours long.

I just know it.

Greysen93
Yeah, I hope it's actually a decent length of time. I'm still looking forward to this game regardless

-Pr-
It better be longer...

jinXed by JaNx
8-10 hours is the best length for a shooter.

-Pr-
Agreed.

majid86
When will the playable demo be out for this game?

jinXed by JaNx
after gearbox settles on a release date, i'm sure...,next year.

Smasandian
Isn't this coming out this fall?

So I would assume it would be around Aug.

Kazenji
Unless they pull a Duke Nukem Forever and only special people can get their hands on the demo.

Nemesis X
Game's been delayed again and has been moved to next year in February:

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/05/21/aliens-colonial-marines-delayed-to-february-2013/

I seriously hope Gearbox doesn't pull a Duke Nukem Forever here with all the delays and anticipation for this title, only to make it suck in the end. This game looks so promising.

-Pr-
Balls.

Smasandian
It make sense.

Borderlands 2 is coming out in September. Why would a company have two games coming out around the same time. One of them will not be able to get the full PR treatment.

As well, not a lot of press has gone into this game so it might not have done as well as they hoped.

jinXed by JaNx
I just think if release was set around, August, there would have been confirmation or even a hint towards that. I really wouldnt expect anything before winter but that'd be nice if it were sooner

Kazenji

I seriously hope Gearbox doesn't pull a Duke Nukem Forever here with all the delays and anticipation for this title, only to make it suck in the end. This game looks so promising.

Gearbox didn't do alot of delays with Duke Nukem Forever that was 3D Realm's... 'Lets change the game engine, Nope not quite good enough and etc'

Nemesis X
Gearbox didn't do alot of delays with Duke Nukem Forever that was 3D Realm's... 'Lets change the game engine, Nope not quite good enough and etc'

You're right but Gearbox delayed Forever as well once or twice and as soon as it came out, it was still crap and with Colonial Marines being delayed so many times due to Randy and the gang focusing on other projects and with the game having little press as Smasandian said, all we can do now is believe in Gearbox that the game will not suck even if all we got so far are a bunch of trailers...that practically show the same stuff...over and over. I really hope the campaign's not short.

Kazenji
You're right but Gearbox delayed Forever as well once or twice and as soon as it came out, it was still crap

It was far from crap, There's far worst games that have been released i suppose either you liked it or you didn't

but back to this Aliens game.

Nemesis X
It was far from crap, There's far worst games that have been released i suppose either you liked it or you didn't

Dude you can say what you want but I'm just saying what the majority of disappointed Duke Nukem fans are thinking.

jinXed by JaNx
Release date looks to have been set for, Feb 2013

Kazenji
Gearbox is saying the Wii U will have the best version of the game

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2012/05/gearbox-the-wii-u-will-get-the-best-looking-version-of-aliens-colonial-marines/

i call bullshit.

Kazenji
cHyQVewboVc

-Pr-
Team based squad gameplay? Very reminiscent of what Colonial Marines was originally supposed to be.

Though if pvp is anything like AVP, xenos will dominate. Seriously, people need to learn to look UP.

Tzeentch._
Why did the Alien rip itself in half for no reason? At that range he could have just stabbed the guy...

-Pr-
Suicide bomber alien?

-Pr-
Story Trailer:

rQTxxCnMWJw

My interest in this game, which had admittedly been on the positive end of the scale before, has just jumped up quite a damn bit.

Tzeentch._
Ehhh...

This game's only saving grace for me would be the SP's length. Anything less than ten and it goes in the AvP category.

Kazenji
Also depends what difficulty you play the games on.

-Pr-
I play on normal myself, and I found AVP's story length to be solid enough.

Kazenji
Originally posted by -Pr-
and I found AVP's story length to be solid enough.

Same here

and yet others didn't.

0mega Spawn
I actually liked AVP a lot
Sold it only because declining online community
Virtually non existent
Dark sectors onlibe community is better :/
And it had only likw 10 ppl

-Pr-
Maybe It seemed longer to me because I'm adding all three together, but i still remember it feeling substantial.

-Pr-
http://www.webpronews.com/new-aliens-colonial-marines-preview-shows-off-the-alien-hive-2013-01

Darth Martin
I'm anticipating the game and plan on buying but I must admit it doesn't have me as excited as the AVP game a couple of years ago. The trailers for that game were......

Kazenji
There's a season pass for this game

not sure what what sort of DLC, i'm guessing maps for multiplayer.

-Pr-
If that's all it is, I'm not sure if I'll buy it.

Kazenji
Depends how active it gets

if it ends up like AVP then yeah i not going to bother

also just noticed the game has broken street date.

-Pr-
The multiplayer was something I really liked in AVP, though from what I've seen of the modes so far, not sure I'll play it.

Kazenji
Looks like its a bad game according to some people

i'll still check it out.

-Pr-
Dammit, I hope it's actually good.

-Pr-
Just read this one: http://www.itnewsafrica.com/2013/02/review-aliens-colonial-marines/

Pretty scathing, tbh.

Tzeentch._
Doesn't say anything I didn't already know though. Dumb AI, linear level design, generic FPS features, forgettable, generic multiplayer, average graphics.

All pretty predictable things to crop up, unfortunately.

I might buy this when it's 12 bucks on Steam in the Fall, but otherwise, meh. Please give me my tactical squad-based shooter Colonial Marines.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Tzeentch._
average graphics.

Yeah because everything needs to be on par with Crysis or Battlefield these days.....

Tzeentch._
When everything about your game is average, I suppose that would at least help, yeah.

-Pr-
The graphics thing I don't mind. The trailers I saw made the game look good enough.

It's the gameplay that really annoys me. I mean, bad hit detection? Wtf...

The IP deserves better.

Kazenji
Eh...just seems like people have their graphics bar expectations too high.

Kazenji
8dPF8jpItCs

-Pr-
Wow, that's a lot of hate in one video.

Nemesis X
I died laughing at the Spaceball bit.

Tzeentch._
Wow, that can't be the real Wii U footage.

It looks like utter shit. haermm

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>