Parallax Nero vs Ion Sodam Yat

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
Sodam Yat - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sodam_Yat vs Alexander Nero - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_Nero as the new host for Parallax - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Parallax_%28comics%29

Can the rookie Ion take on the insane Nero with the Parallax power?

llagrok
Naw, I don't think so :/

Entity
Originally posted by llagrok
Naw, I don't think so :/ Then why did you vote for him? erm

Juntai
Tough to call. Could go either way with Nero frustrating and overwhelm him, or ION will see it through with clear thinking.

Juntai
Originally posted by Entity
Then why did you vote for him? erm Votes don't mean much of anything on here anyways, it's not really important.
You could probably find examples of characters who should clearly lose getting more votes on the poll if you looked.

llagrok
Then why did you vote for him? erm

I SAY THEE NAY!!

Entity
Originally posted by Juntai
Votes don't mean much of anything on here anyways, it's not really important.
You could probably find examples of characters who should clearly lose getting more votes on the poll if you looked. Oh believe me I'm well aware of that. It was just that at the time I post that we were the only 2 that had posted yet and the vote, which I can only assume was his, was the opposite of his comment.

It was more curiosity that anything.

Entity
Now maybe I missed this in an issue explaining it or something seeing as how I've still got over half the Sinestro Corps issues still unread form where I bought them last week but why is the lead poisoning a problem for him?
I mean I just don't see why he needs a special ring just to fight it. Couldn't he just use the Ion power to remove all the lead form his system or just supercharge himself in solar energy to over power it? erm

Gecko4lif
Nero's insanity give him the edge here

Soljer
Ion.

Val
Written by Peter J. Tomasi; Art by Patrick Gleason and Prentis Rollins

As their quest to track down Sinestro Corps rings continues, the Green Lantern Corps discover to their horror that fellow Lanterns Sodam and Arisia have been captured by Mongul and subjected to the dreaded Black Mercy, causing their deadliest fears to be dragged into the light.
----------

Loser.

King_Mungi
I wonder how many rings Mongel will have at that point? 2-3?

Soljer
Originally posted by Val

As their quest to track down Sinestro Corps rings continues, the Green Lantern Corps discover to their horror that fellow Lanterns Sodam and Arisia have been captured by Mongul and subjected to the dreaded Black Mercy, causing their deadliest fears to be dragged into the light.
----------

Loser.

Yeah, I read that solicit and died a bit inside.

I really hope it takes place on a planet made of lead or something....

sad.

superchron
Originally posted by Val

----------

Loser.

I think that Sodam will probably beat up Mongul at first, but then Mongul cheapshots the black mercy on to him

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Val

----------

Loser. Sweet ass holes! eek!

Tetragrammaton
Originally posted by superchron
I think that Sodam will probably beat up Mongul at first, but then Mongul cheapshots the black mercy on to him
At the end of the day we know he'll need Kyle to save his ass, which is all that matters to me. smile

Entity
Originally posted by Tetragrammaton
At the end of the day we know he'll need Kyle to save his ass, which is all that matters to me. smile Amen!

If you all DC comics could end this way.

and Hal was still dead!

King Kandy
Dude, Nero WITHOUT Parallax was taking on the entire JLA. He wins this easily, he was way above Kyle when they first fought and Kyle had been far better trained with the ring up until that point.

Entity
Originally posted by King Kandy
Dude, Nero WITHOUT Parallax was taking on the entire JLA. He wins this easily, he was way above Kyle when they first fought and Kyle had been far better trained with the ring up until that point. Trained! By who?
It was my understanding that as good as Kyle is with the ring he learned pretty much everything about it on his own. confused

superchron
Dude, when Parralax possessed a Guardian, he got beaten by multiple GL's.
Nero got WTFPWNEd by Ion before. What's to stop Yat from just taking over is constructs again.

Soljer
Amen!

If you all DC comics could end this way.

and Hal was still dead!

Damned Kyle-philes...

Mindset
Yat was able to take over Nero's constructs because Nero was still connected to Ion power.

Entity
Nero got WTFPWNEd by Ion before. What's to stop Yat from just taking over is constructs again. Yat took over control of Nero's constructs because Nero was making them by channeling Yat's Ion energy.

If he'd had Parallax it'd been a very different situation!

Tetragrammaton
Yat took over control of Nero's constructs because Nero was making them by channeling Yat's Ion energy.

If he'd had Parallax it'd been a very different situation!
Probably a situation that ended in Yat's death.

King Kandy
Oh my mistake, I thought they meant Nero was empowered by the central power battery and parallax like Hal was.

superchron
Originally posted by King Kandy
Oh my mistake, I thought they meant Nero was empowered by the central power battery and parallax like Hal was.

nah, honest mistake, Parralax has been beaten by multiple GL's before, Hal was really powerful as Parralax because he absorbed all the energy in the CENTRAL power battery. Without it though, Parralax power is still a major amp. Parralax power is roughly equal to Ion power.

So it's basically like a human vs Superman

Entity
So it's basically like a human vs Superman It's hardly anything like that at all!

Nero has feats far beyond anything Yat has accomplished yet with a Lantern Ring.
The only reason Yat dealt with him so easily the first time was simply because Nero was using his power to fight him.

Nero as Parallax would be an almost unimaginable nightmare! IMO

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.