to STOP Juggernaunt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

tru-marvell
This is test to determine just how unstoppable Juggs is...

These folks only task is to Stop (not pause, slow down, or redirect) the Juggernaunt. BFR, mind/body controle and or killing does not count.

http://brownman.com/Images/Juggernaut.jpg

1) Sue Storm
2) Hal GL
3) Silver Surfer
4) SMP
5) Thanos
6) King Thor
7) Odin
8) RKT
9) Inbetweener
10) Dark Phoenix

Kutulu
War Hulk shows up and pushes him backwards.
/thread

LORD B
Originally posted by Kutulu
War Hulk shows up and pushes him backwards.
/thread
apoc turns up, takes away hulk celestail tech upgrade. than juggs steamrolls hulk smile

iceman24567
Originally posted by LORD B
apoc turns up, takes away hulk celestail tech upgrade. than juggs steamrolls hulk smile Happy Dance dance clapping hmm Hals ring can contain a planet destroying blast so i say he stops at Hal.

shiv
Door 2 to 10 lead to the cemetary

h1a8
The question here is:
Can Juggs be stopped by physical force?
Now King Thor, Odin, and RKT can remove the enchantment and then stop him. But using only force and assuming the ground is unbreakable I would say that Juggs can't be stopped. Tripping Juggs like what what Hulk did doesn't count right?

Kutulu
Originally posted by h1a8
The question here is:
Now King Thor, Odin, and RKT can remove the enchantment and then stop him. But using only force and assuming the ground is unbreakable I would say that Juggs can't be stopped. Tripping Juggs like what what Hulk did doesn't count right?

War Hulk physically stopped Juggs on-panel. In other words he can be physically stopped. It just takes an unmeasurable amount of might to do it.

h1a8
War Hulk physically stopped Juggs on-panel. In other words he can be physically stopped. It just takes an unmeasurable amount of might to do it.

I thought he tripped him. Are you sure?

Kutulu
I thought he tripped him. Are you sure?

Here he is right here - fully stopped.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/Hulk3389/hulk457-stopsjuggernaut.jpg

psycho gundam
The question here is:
Now King Thor, Odin, and RKT can remove the enchantment and then stop him. But using only force and assuming the ground is unbreakable I would say that Juggs can't be stopped. Tripping Juggs like what what Hulk did doesn't count right? he is not enchanted. the only way to stop him is to overcome the output he is exerting, which as everyone knows is a lot.

spetznaz
Juggernaut CAN be forced with pure physical force alone ....the only PROBLEM is that it requires the person doing so to exert more force than that of bestowed upon Marko by Cyttorak.

that is the entire problem there.

What I would like to see is Juggernaut vs SMP, with the objective being for SMP to stop him.

In such a case I believe SMP could stop Jugz in his tracks (we have to assume that the piece of earth they are doing this on will not quake and tear apart ....assume that it is an area comprised of rigged adamantium) based on SMP's past strength feats (ranging from direct feats like moving planets, to more obtuse ones like breaking through dimensions and even snatching Mxy from a higher dimension).

In terms of force SMP can do it, and thus it is possible to stop Juggernaut .....it is just that EXTREMELY FEW characters can do it.

Knowsbleed33
War Hulk was enhanced with celestial tech. No other explanation for how he stopped Juggs.

None of these guys can stop him physically.

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
War Hulk was enhanced with celestial tech. No other explanation for how he stopped Juggs.

Hulk was also tapping into the energies of the Heroes Reborn pocket reality and other dimensions...

janus77
what was Onslaught tapping into then?
he KO'd Juggernaut.

simple answer, yes Juggernaut CAN be stopped physically. in fact so can Cyttorak. neither possesses infinite power, like say a Beyonder, nor can consume infinite energies to increase their powers indefinitely (like Galactus, Celestials - Hyperspace (?)).

the people who keep shouting "nothing can stop the juggernaut" or "he can't be physically hurt" never seem to pay any mind to the fact that juggernaut gets 'his' powers from a being who himself is NOT omnipotent. that one fact should make this argument redundant.

oh and War Hulk wasn't tapping into anything Hulk couldn't, Hulk was the nexus of realities before and after pawning juggernaut. the Celestial tech merely redirected those energies. also, War Hulk wasn't capable of the infinite amping thing that regular Hulk does, iirc.

snoopdogg
Here he is right here - fully stopped.
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c324/Hulk3389/hulk457-stopsjuggernaut.jpg Those scans also show that Hulk without some kind of enhancement cannot do it. Juggy was pushing him all over Egypt.

golem370
Just because Juggernaut was stop doesn't mean he can be beaten he still indestructible durability and immeasuable stamina where Hulk's durability might be at that level but I doubt his stamina is.

Bad Ash231
Didn't WWH stop Juggy?

janus77
yup WWH Hulk stopped him, causing the mansion's foundations to become unstable.

Originally posted by golem370
Just because Juggernaut was stop doesn't mean he can be beaten he still indestructible durability and immeasuable stamina where Hulk's durability might be at that level but I doubt his stamina is.
no, +because+ juggernaut can be and has been stopped, he clearly does not command overpowering force. he can be and has been pawned too.

there is no "indestructible" to juggernaut's powerset, merely a very high durability level.

Hulk's durability is beyond anything the juggernaut could affect. it's established that his durability, speed, stamina, resistance to TP etc all +increase+ along with his strength. and since he +cannot+ suffer fatigue, he is totally immune to poisons remember, he will only get stronger, better, fitter as he exerts himself.

Originally posted by snoopdogg
Those scans also show that Hulk without some kind of enhancement cannot do it. Juggy was pushing him all over Egypt.
no they don't "also show ...", really shoddy logic there no expression.
the tech, according to Apocalypse himself, was meant to feed off the energies Hulk generated, the nexus energies. it harnessed those energies that's all.

remember, the Celestial tech analysed Hulk and posited that he may have sufficient energies to cause The Celestials problems. which is the very reason why Apocalypse got a hold of him in the first place.

and moreover, I seem to recall that Hulk couldn't amp his strength during that period. remember also, that Hulk - during WWH - without the Celestial tech matched and stopped juggernaut without even exerting himself, in far quicker time than War Hulk did. that it had the same effect that a godblast had when it stopped juggernaut. it caused the foundations to give way (or rather, in this instance, to begin to give way) because the juggernaut could not move forward.

spetznaz
Originally posted by golem370

Look at SMP ....the dude is a bl@@dy beast! Pwning everyone and everything, ranging from entire planets, to legions of Green Lanterns, to dimensional barriers.

Hombre even broke into the 5th dimension and kidnapped Mxy of all people, and then proceeded to torture the poor chap!

Now, SMP is nigh invulnerable, he is nigh unstoppable, and the guy has basically been kicking butt and taking names since he first cried in a comic book cover!

But he is NOT invulnerable, and he is NOT unstoppable. It is just that his levels are SO HIGH that he might as well be invulnerable and unstoppable ....but he is not. If he continues mucking about at the same rate he is doing now, he will run into some chap who will basically break his will, break his back, and break his streak!

Same thing with the Juggernaut.

What powers him is the demon/god/entity/whatever called Cyttorak!

The thing is, Cyttorak is extremely powerful, but he is NOT omnipotent. This is not a version of the Spectre with full clearance from the Presence ....this is more akin to Hawk and Dove who are powered by a Lord of Chaos and a Lord of Order respectively.

Actually that is the best way to look at Juggernaut ....if he was in DC he would be powered by either a Lord of Chaos or a Lord of Order.

Now, such lords can be quite powerful (think of Nabu, the most powerful Lord of Order), and their powers are EXTREME ....but they are NOT omnipotent!

Same thing with Cyttorak in Marvel ....he is NOT all-powerful. He just happens to be exceedingly powerful.

And there is a MAJOR difference between being all-powerful, and being super-duper-fragilistic-expialidocious powerful!

Back to SMP .....his levels of power are extremely high, but he is not unstoppable.

Going to the Lord of Chaos and Order .....they are really potent, and their avatars (e.e.g Hawk and Dove, and even Dr. Fate) are very powerful. But they can be destroyed ......let alone their avatars .....as happened when Spectre killed the Lord of Chaos and the Lord of Order that powered Hawk and Dove in one shot, and Hawk and Dove ended up powerless.

Jumping over to Nabu .....his levels of power are insane, and looking at Dr. Fate he is basically Superman strong, fast, and resilient .....and with an @$$ load of magical power, the magical experience of Nabu himself, and a Universe existing within his helmet (well, before Spectre burnt it out). But Nabu is NOT omnipotent.

Now, going to Cyttorak ....he is another exceedingly powerful entity (although now in Marvel), and his powers are prodigious (as can be seen in the Juggernaut, or in the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak that Dr. Strange keeps pulling out every now and then). However, he is NOT omnipotent ....

Whcih brings me full circle to Juggernaut .....he is only unstoppable AS LONG AS the power that is opposing him (physical or otherwise) is LESS THAN THAT of Cyttorak. The moment whatever is opposing him is putting forth more horsepower than Cyttorak, then Juggernaut WILL BE stopped.

A volkswaggen will seem unstoppable to a bunch of beavers (since the little creaures cannot match the horsepower of the engine, but put that same car against a tractor and the picture suddenly changes. Suddenly the car seems puny and useless against superior might, because it is now facing something that is more powerful than its engine.

Juggernaut is NOT invulnerable, and he is NOT unstoppable. He just appears to be because most of his opponents are weaker than he (and Cyttorak) is.

Let him cross over to the DCU and face up against SMP after one of his planet-busting, Lantern crushing jounts

Kutulu
Originally posted by janus77

no, +because+ juggernaut can be and has been stopped, he clearly does not command overpowering force. he can be and has been pawned too.

there is no "indestructible" to juggernaut's powerset, merely a very high durability level.

Hulk's durability is beyond anything the juggernaut could affect. it's established that his durability, speed, stamina, resistance to TP etc all +increase+ along with his strength. and since he +cannot+ suffer fatigue, he is totally immune to poisons remember, he will only get stronger, better, fitter as he exerts himself.

no they don't "also show ...", really shoddy logic there no expression.
the tech, according to Apocalypse himself, was meant to feed off the energies Hulk generated, the nexus energies. it harnessed those energies that's all.

remember, the Celestial tech analysed Hulk and posited that he may have sufficient energies to cause The Celestials problems. which is the very reason why Apocalypse got a hold of him in the first place.

and moreover, I seem to recall that Hulk couldn't amp his strength during that period. remember also, that Hulk - during WWH - without the Celestial tech matched and stopped juggernaut without even exerting himself, in far quicker time than War Hulk did. that it had the same effect that a godblast had when it stopped juggernaut. it caused the foundations to give way (or rather, in this instance, to begin to give way) because the juggernaut could not move forward.

^^ Co-signed, all that Apocalypse's tech did was tap into Hulk's energies in a more direct manner. In other words, instead of Hulk tapping into his power source subconsciously, it directly tapped into whatever power source Hulk was using and used it.

It's kind of like the equivilant to using the power gem - most users of it simply tap into it's powers subconsciously, but when Thanos found out how to use it's full abilities he was able to do outlandish feats such as smash Captain America's shield with a single punch, etc.. Same principle here - Celestial tech allowed Hulk to tap into this field of energy directly instead of having to amp up subconsciously over time.

FearOfBlood
WWH and WAR stopped him.
WWH and WAR beat him.

No one else could, sorry.

FearOfBlood
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
Didn't WWH stop Juggy?

Pretty easy.

Grammaton
Im sure Hulk isn't on the list - probably as everyone already knows he has stopped Juggernaut.

Anyway SMP gives him major problems ridiculously overpowered as he is - not quite sure if he stops him though.

tru-marvell
Yea, I left WWH off the list for a reason...instead I thought to add a few who could tap into near limitless power source to challenge Juggs source.

I don't believe one bit that Juggs is UNstoppable/unbeatable as stated above. I'm just gauging who is believed to have the power to physically stop him.
I KNOW beings such as the Celestials, ION, and even the Cube beings has what it takes but what about some from the low end with near limitless resources ( Invisable Women) to the near omnipotent such as Phoenix.
Hmmm...let's add Uatu to this list

Rhinoceros
Can someone explain what that green energy surrounding War Hulk, in the scans in previous pages, is? It sure as hell wasn't "strength".

janus77
Originally posted by Rhinoceros
Can someone explain what that green energy surrounding War Hulk, in the scans in previous pages, is? It sure as hell wasn't "strength".
I think you'll find that it was his own energies, as Apocalypse stated that the Celestial tech was meant to siphon those energies. so in a sense, yes it was "his strength". since his strength is a function of his energies.

check out WWH #5 for a more impressive level of energy output.

Tron
Originally posted by FearOfBlood
WWH and WAR stopped him.
WWH and WAR beat him.

War did, WWH didn't. First fight, he beat Cain Marko. Second fight, when his powers returned, they fought to a virtual stalemate, until Hulk tossed him a good distance. If that hadn't happened, World War Hulk would've been 5 issues of those two going at it.

I think you'll find that it was his own energies, as Apocalypse stated that the Celestial tech was meant to siphon those energies. so in a sense, yes it was "his strength". since his strength is a function of his energies.

That, AND the energies being syphoned from two universes.

snoopdogg
If you look at the scan you can see WWHulk to start loosing ground. Hulk didn't want anything to do with Juggernaut as he commented on wanting to be gone when he gets back.

h1a8
Actually I can prove that SBP or anyone who can move planets can stop Juggernaut (provided that one accepts the scan where War Hulk stopped Juggs).

Here's the proof:

If Juggs enchantment is capable of moving planets then War Hulk wouldn't have stop him. For Juggs would have either moved him through the Earth or moved him with the Earth. But when War Hulk came to where his grip on the Earth was perfect it made him become one with the Earth. Thus for Juggs to move him he had to move the entire Earth in the process (or move Hulk into the ground). By Juggs not being able to do so then his enchantment is not planetary strength. Thus SBP can stop him.

Knowsbleed33

Incorrecto. Hulk was moving in reverse.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
Incorrecto. Hulk was moving in reverse. Maybe Hulk was doing the moon walk?

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Tron
If that hadn't happened, World War Hulk would've been 1 issue of Juggernaut beating Hulk's ass. Fixed. stick out tongue

SMP stops him pretty easily.

bobbi
Actually I can prove that SBP or anyone who can move planets can stop Juggernaut (provided that one accepts the scan where War Hulk stopped Juggs).

Here's the proof:

If Juggs enchantment is capable of moving planets then War Hulk wouldn't have stop him. For Juggs would have either moved him through the Earth or moved him with the Earth. But when War Hulk came to where his grip on the Earth was perfect it made him become one with the Earth. Thus for Juggs to move him he had to move the entire Earth in the process (or move Hulk into the ground). By Juggs not being able to do so then his enchantment is not planetary strength. Thus SBP can stop him.

Well technically if juggs moved hulk with the earth we couldn't really tell from the scan. everything else on the page was also on the earth so it'd still look like he stopped juggs since the hulk and everything we see would be moving at exactly the same rate. If juggs is actually using the earth for traction as well, then the earth would technically split in half, or at least the ground would start splitting (crust of the earth, whatever).

But I think all of this is applying way too much science than we really can. Theres no way your traction on the ground for a couple hundred kg person to be so great that u have the entire earth stuck to your feet. or even a continent. The strength of a couple tanks should be shoving the hulk into the sand if this was the real world. Its just like hulk holding up a mountain or other such feats. can't really apply real world physics to it without negating the entire situation. Seems like in most strength situations we have to assume that 1) infinite traction is possible 2) your traction on the ground translates to traction on a planet of infinite mass and 3) things u hold in the air don't crumble. theres probably more.

and war hulk stopped juggs. I dont think wwh stopped him. he just beat him. but i'll have to look at it again to be sure.

As for the main thread, I think surfer may be able to stop him if he goes all out. Thor's godblast stopped him, i think surfer sufficiently ticked off can do something around there.

iceman24567
WWH and WAR stopped him.
WWH and WAR beat him.

No one else could, sorry. WWH didn't stop him he redirected him and WWh never beat him why are you always wrong plus Hulk failed to destroy the world blowup

Knowsbleed33
WWH and WAR stopped him.
WWH and WAR beat him.

War Hulk had celestial help and WWH got pushed ( not to mention the fact he was getting his ass handed to him until the locked up). He did slow Juggs down, but that's not impossible.

Get your facts straight foolio.

ultimatethor
As long as Cyttorak is not omnipotent then juggernaut can undoubtedly be stopped. IMO RKT is comparable to cytorrak and considering that jugs is only a small part of Cyttoraks power then RKT stops him easily. For heavens sakes normal thor used his G blast to stop jugs anyone that can produce force that is equal or superior to that force will stop jugs.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.