Zoom vs Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

darthgoober
Glads starts out at full confidence.

Who wins?

Galan007
Glads would be at full confidence until Zoom hit him with a few thousand Superman-esque punches, in the first millisecond of the battle lol...

In all seriousness,
I've never seen Gladiator utilize battle speed remotely close to that of Flash or Zoom.

So assuming Zoom is at his best as well -- he takes this, imo. smile

vlaaad12345
All-out zoom would demolish gladiator.

guy222
zoom

xmarksthespot
Gladiator gets decapitated Sailor Moon-style.

llagrok
Zoom won't kill him, he'll make him a better hero.

Soljer
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Gladiator gets decapitated Sailor Moon-style.

What is with you and Sailor Moon decapitation?

But as for the fight, yes, Zoom walks all over Gladiator.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Galan007
Glads would be at full confidence until Zoom hit him with a few thousand Superman-esque punches, in the first millisecond of the battle lol...

In all seriousness,
I've never seen Gladiator utilize battle speed remotely close to that of Flash or Zoom.

So assuming Zoom is at his best as well -- he takes this, imo. smile
Hasn't Glads actually kept up with some kind of Time Dilation before? I seem to remember something about it from one of his fights with Thor.

rico777
Zoom wins

Tony Stark
Originally posted by darthgoober
Hasn't Glads actually kept up with some kind of Time Dilation before? I seem to remember something about it from one of his fights with Thor.

Yes he did... And Glads pwns Zoom.

Soljer

If I recall correctly, that was an alternate universe Gladiator.

Or that Kallark was from the future, or some such.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Soljer
If I recall correctly, that was an alternate universe Gladiator.

Or that Kallark was from the future, or some such.
Ah ok. Do you remember which issue it happened in?

Tony Stark
Ah ok. Do you remember which issue it happened in?

I believe that was during the tomorrowman run... Don't remember the issue #'s off the top.

psycho gundam
whats the deal with "speed blitzing"? why does everyone resort to saying it will happen?

darthgoober
Originally posted by Tony Stark
I believe that was during the tomorrowman run... Don't remember the issue #'s off the top.
A fight with Wolverine... no in the one I'm talking about he fought against Thor. I think it was in an FF book but I could be mistaken.

Evangel94
Somebody testing out tournament waters? shifty

darthgoober
Originally posted by Evangel94
Somebody testing out tournament waters? shifty
Different Zoom.

Tony Stark
A fight with Wolverine... no in the one I'm talking about he fought against Thor. I think it was in an FF book but I could be mistaken.

Could have been Fantastic Four #339-341 I don't remember, I'll have to look it up when I get home. Black celestial and THOR not sure.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Tony Stark
Could have been Fantastic Four #339-341 I don't remember, I'll have to look it up when I get home. Black celestial and THOR not sure.
Thanks I'll check them out...

Papa Smurph
Zoom 6/10

iceman24567
I hate Zoom but he wins this match.

TricksterPriest
Gladiator CAN'T win this. He can't see or hit Zoom. Zoom hits harder, has very high stamina, and will see Glads moving as a slug.

Mr. Slippyfist
Thanks I'll check them out... It's FF #339 if you're still looking...

Galan007
Originally posted by psycho gundam
whats the deal with "speed blitzing"? why does everyone resort to saying it will happen? Because in Zoom's case, it will happen? barker

severance
Definitely an FF mag and he fought thor to standstill while disadvantgaed by the time dilation

Soljer
Originally posted by severance
Definitely an FF mag and he fought thor to standstill while disadvantgaed by the time dilation

Except it wasn't Gladiator. It was a Gladiator from the future.

severance

Nope that was a different Thor vs Glads fight

WhiteWitchKing

Your thinking about Across All Worlds. The FF wasn't even in that one.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Gladiator CAN'T win this. He can't see or hit Zoom. Zoom hits harder, has very high stamina, and will see Glads moving as a slug.

embarrasment

Ohhhh... I was unaware that Zoom has never been hit nor lost a fight before. If that's the case Glads is done for...

stick out tongue

Evangel94
Did Wonder Woman defeat Zoom by kicking multiple rocks at him? I don't remember exactly so can someone clarify that for me? It seemed pretty strange that something like would work. If Gladiator could do the same thing, then perhaps Zoom loses.

Sirius77
Didnt Gladiator get beaten by the hulk?

Rorschach
Originally posted by Evangel94
Did Wonder Woman defeat Zoom by kicking multiple rocks at him? I don't remember exactly so can someone clarify that for me? It seemed pretty strange that something like would work. If Gladiator could do the same thing, then perhaps Zoom loses.

She used the rocks as a distraction, so that she could lasso him.

grey fox
Originally posted by Rorschach
She used the rocks as a distraction, so that she could lasso him.

How is that even possible ?

Zooms powers work on the basis that he can move freely throughout his own timeline and is technically a Schrodinger Cat. As soon as that lasso is thrown or even inches above zoom he could simply reappear a metre to the right etc.

Rorschach
Originally posted by grey fox
How is that even possible ?

Zooms powers work on the basis that he can move freely throughout his own timeline and is technically a Schrodinger Cat. As soon as that lasso is thrown or even inches above zoom he could simply reappear a metre to the right etc.

In the same comic Cheetah was kicking Flash's ass.

Erik-Lensherr
Tehnically, Zoom can make pretty much almost everybody move in slow motion compared to him so there shouldn't be any speedester faster than him.

grey fox
Originally posted by Rorschach
In the same comic Cheetah was kicking Flash's ass.

Superherovandal
Seriously IIRC Geoff Johns said that whenever Zoom usually loses he loses on purpose because he thinks that the hero has learned from him and has become a "better hero". Like for instance when he lost to Jesse Quick she just had overcome a barrier and got the speed force back. We all know Jesse Quick is no where near as fast as the Flash who Zoom has given an extremely hard time. Yet he was tagged by her. Then there's the fact that in the Sinestro Corps Special he was owning Hal, Supes, WW, Batman and the entire Justice Leage at the same time.

llagrok
Originally posted by grey fox

Zoom had "taught" Cheetah super speed.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Sirius77
Didnt Gladiator get beaten by the hulk?

Yes with The HULK's extreme intelligence he remembered that Gladiator was susceptible to a certain kind of radiation (although he obviously had no clue) and what do you know there just happens to be a nuclear reactor right here that "I guess" is the right type of radiation... Blah...Blah...Blah. HULK throw funny haired blue man in reactor...HULK win.

It's about as bad as one could get with PIS.

Rorschach
Originally posted by llagrok
Zoom had "taught" Cheetah super speed.
Quiet you.

darthgoober
Originally posted by WhiteWitchKing
Your thinking about Across All Worlds. The FF wasn't even in that one.
Wait so is Glads speed being able to account for time dilation canon to 616 Gladiator or not?

TricksterPriest
I'm fairly sure that's some kind of future/alternate Gladiator, so the answer is no. it's not canon to 616 Glads.

The Illuminati
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I'm fairly sure that's some kind of future/alternate Gladiator, so the answer is no. it's not canon to 616 Glads.

confused That sounds an awfull lot like a biased guess to me.

leonidas
Wait so is Glads speed being able to account for time dilation canon to 616 Gladiator or not?

technically it WAS a future gladiator. he was able to keep up with the ff's ship (which shielded them -- ff, thor and ironman -- from the dialtion effects). the battle between thor and glads is a bit confusing. i don't think glads needed to use superspeed DURING the battle. i think he was shielded from the effects as well, like thor and the others were, due to reed's tech. maybe. at least i think that's how it happened. not sure it was ever made really clear, or i simply am misremembering. i could look it up i suppose were i not so lazy. erm glads DID enter some hyperspeed state to stay with them and catch them though.

the speed feat is still impressive as hell. his blitz against the west coast avengers (where he crushed wonderman) was impressive as well, and he's blitzed thor. bottom line is he's not as fast as zoom though. i don't really know too much about zoom, but from all accounts he should win this even using the hyperspeed feat as canon -- which most glad-lovers do . . .

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.