Extremis Iron Man -versus- Current Dr. Doom (both have power rings)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evangel94
Current Dr. Doom with the Sinestro Corps Ring

-versus-

Extremis Iron Man with the Green Lantern Ring

Battle takes place on a deserted planet Earth. No BFR. Who wins?

Soljer
Doom.

Bouboumaster
Doom!

Innerhype
"Doom" is the typical one worded response most everyone says when Iron Man is up against Dr. Doom. ""Magic" is the usual reason as to why. That's all fine and dandy but I'm going to once again use a different routine and say Iron Man would win.

One method would be since Iron Man is using a power ring, instead of building the tech he uses Tony could just materialize it. So he'll just drop one of his Event Horizon bombs on Doom and watch as he gets turned instantly into harmless Hawking radiation.

Mindset
I'd rather see Doom with a GL ring, he has great willpower.yes

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Soljer
Doom. Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Doom! Doom.

Also, Tony Stark is an alcoholic... good luck with teh willpower.
Stan Lee is scared of Doom...

Mindset
Oh yea, and, DOOM!

Evangel94
Iron Man used the ring pretty well in JLA/Avengers, so I don't think he would have problems using it here.

Innerhype
Originally posted by Evangel94
Iron Man used the ring pretty well in JLA/Avengers, so I don't think he would have problems using it here.

Aye, he whipped up something instantly that GTKO Classic Juggernaut so I don't think Tony'll have any probelms at all handling a power ring.

iceman24567
It has be proven Doom > Ironman this is not all that different, Doom all the way.

Soljer
Originally posted by iceman24567
It has be proven Doom > Ironman this is not all that different, Doom all the way.

Very succinct.

llagrok
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Doom.

Also, Tony Stark is an alcoholic... good luck with teh willpower.
Stan Lee is scared of Doom...

DRUNKALITY!

Innerhype
Originally posted by iceman24567

It's never been proven that Doom > Iron Man.

Though it can be proven that Iron Man is superior to Dr. Doom technologically. In fact, since Iron Man comes out on top in all their different encounters how can Doom > Iron Man?

If you count the alternate timeline in which Tony decides to take over the world, Iron Man > Doom by far, Tony outsmarted and subsequently destroyed Doom single-handedly. But even though it's the same characters, it is a different timeline so it'll count as much as a "What If Tony Stark decides to go bad-ass" story.

ashroro
What about when Doom took Ironman down wih the bands of cytorrak?

Evangel94
Wasn't there an alternate universe Iron Man who mastered both technology and magic who crossed over into the 616 universe?

I believe he also fought Dr. Strange and won out.

Darth Martin
Doom.

Super-Genuis level intellect, armour, tech, magic, country, and now THE MOST POWERFUL WEAPON IN THE UNIVERSE! eek!

darthgoober
Doom takes this in a stomp. He can match/trump any mech constructs Iron Man can cook up, he has access to magic(which GL rings have a hard time against on average), and in his time with Surfer's Power Cosmic(which is similar in many ways to a GL ring) he showed more versatility than any herald other than Surfer himself.

Mr. Slippyfist
Originally posted by Innerhype
It's never been proven that Doom > Iron Man.

Though it can be proven that Iron Man is superior to Dr. Doom technologically. In fact, since Iron Man comes out on top in all their different encounters how can Doom > Iron Man?

If you count the alternate timeline in which Tony decides to take over the world, Iron Man > Doom by far, Tony outsmarted and subsequently destroyed Doom single-handedly. But even though it's the same characters, it is a different timeline so it'll count as much as a "What If Tony Stark decides to go bad-ass" story. http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/15SVTU9.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/doom/MightyAvengers9-020.jpg

Mindset
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/15SVTU9.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/comic/doom/MightyAvengers9-020.jpg

Game. Set. Match.

Priest
Funny Doom was caught off guard in there last fight and still pwned Tony.

Innerhype
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/15SVTU9.jpg

So, somehow we have a mind controlled Iron Man with basically no reaction time being incapacitated by Dr. Doom who thought he should have died. Since Tony Stark clearly isn't dead, this first scan can be a durability feat for Iron Man really. Not many beings can survive Doom's death beam cool

In the other scan we have Doom interrupting Iron Man's power flow using the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak, nothing a quick reboot can't seem to fix however? In the following page, The Sentry beats the hell outta Doom yet but in comparison Sentry failed to defeat Iron Man and was outsmarted in their encounter.

Innerhype
----- embarrasment -----

Mindset
So, somehow we have a mind controlled Iron Man with basically no reaction time being incapacitated by Dr. Doom who thought he should have died. Since Tony Stark clearly isn't dead, this first scan can be a durability feat for Iron Man really. Not many beings can survive Doom's death beam cool

In the other scan we have Doom interrupting Iron Man's power flow using the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak, nothing a quick reboot can't seem to fix however? In the following page, The Sentry beats the hell outta Doom yet but in comparison Sentry failed to defeat Iron Man and was outsmarted in their encounter.
Before Doom even starting using magic IM suit was already losing power, IM needed Sentry to come save here.

IM was only able to disable Sentry because he knew about Sentry's warning system. I see you ignored the fact that before that Sentry was easily beating the shit out of IM while still holding back because he didn't want to hurt him. Btw there is no cloc anymore so there goes IM chance of survival.

And Sentry didn't even beat Doom, he rammed him and they fell into his time machine, did you even read the comic?
GG fanboy

ashroro
Doom wins, Tony can't do anything about magic.

batdude123
Doom can manipulate fear better and more efficiently than Iron Man can use his willpower for the GL ring to work.

Doom ftw.

Master-Borg
stark doesn't even have enough willpower to quit the bottle

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Master-Borg
stark doesn't even have enough willpower to quit the bottle

........I'd say something against this, but I can't think of any reason why it's not true. stick out tongue

Mr. Slippyfist

In the other scan we have Doom interrupting Iron Man's power flow using the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak, nothing a quick reboot can't seem to fix however? In the following page, The Sentry beats the hell outta Doom yet but in comparison Sentry failed to defeat Iron Man and was outsmarted in their encounter. It was a slave control disk that only stopped them from attacking a bad guy... not Doom.
I don't see what reaction time has to do with it... is he going to react to Doom's beam? Or does he need it to throw an opponent?
Huh?
Doom didn't fire a death beam... it was a normal beam... confused

Oh ya... Tony is going to reboot himself in the Bands? Huh?
Sentry hit Doom a couple times, and didn't hurt him at all... only stopped the rest of his power.
Sentry hit Stark once, and basically TKO'ed him... mind you, he got up, but still... erm
Doom didn't even get the chance to defend himself... how the hell is he going to get the chance to outsmart Sentry?

iceman24567
Yeah so Iron Man < Doom anyways.

tjcoady
Wasn't there an alternate universe Iron Man who mastered both technology and magic who crossed over into the 616 universe?

I believe he also fought Dr. Strange and won out.

Yeah, it was a What If.

and by the way, it's one of the single worst comics I've ever read. And I read Jim Balent's work.

He didn't fight Strange though- Strange became like Wong to him after Tony met the Ancient One. Strange never really learned magic.

Evangel94
Originally posted by tjcoady
Yeah, it was a What If.

and by the way, it's one of the single worst comics I've ever read. And I read Jim Balent's work.

He didn't fight Strange though- Strange became like Wong to him after Tony met the Ancient One. Strange never really learned magic.

I appreciate the input and I know that comic what-if, but that isn't the comic I am referring to. The comic I am referencing is that an evil Iron Man who used both magic and tech crossed over from an alternate universe into 616 and fought 616 Dr. Strange. I can't remember the comic..I

tjcoady
I appreciate the input and I know that comic what-if, but that isn't the comic I am referring to. The comic I am referencing is that an evil Iron Man who used both magic and tech crossed over from an alternate universe into 616 and fought 616 Dr. Strange. I can't remember the comic..I

OH that one. That's during Kirkman's run on Marvel Team-up. It was pretty recent, too.

Evangel94
Originally posted by tjcoady
OH that one. That's during Kirkman's run on Marvel Team-up. It was pretty recent, too.

Oh yea. Iron Maniac that's it.

Innerhype
It was a slave control disk that only stopped them from attacking a bad guy... not Doom.
I don't see what reaction time has to do with it... is he going to react to Doom's beam? Or does he need it to throw an opponent?
Huh?
Doom didn't fire a death beam... it was a normal beam... confused

It isn't just his reactions, Iron Man is apparently misjudging his strength so Tony is practically drunk here. As for Doom's death beam, it really isn't clear if Doom knows how powerful Iron Man is but it's safe to assume that he has a good idea and that his energy beam was sufficient enough to finish him off. Doom thought so but it may just his usual arrogance.

Oh ya... Tony is going to reboot himself in the Bands? Huh?
Sentry hit Doom a couple times, and didn't hurt him at all... only stopped the rest of his power.
Sentry hit Stark once, and basically TKO'ed him... mind you, he got up, but still... erm
Doom didn't even get the chance to defend himself... how the hell is he going to get the chance to outsmart Sentry?

Doom might not have been hurt but his armor was in the same state as Iron Man's armor was was after Sentry rammed him, powerless and defenceless. And Sentry didn't TKO Iron Man, Tony was just fainting as he was scanning Sentry's biological makeup for a weakness. Sentry was knocking Iron Man all over the city but that didn't seem to hurt him all that much and after the battle Iron Man flew away completely unscathed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.