Why didn't Nihilus eat Kraya?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

LORD JLRTENJAC
Ok, Nihilus was the Sith Lord of Hunger. He drained the force from everything, the only reason the Exile could beat him was because of his unique connection to the force. But Kraya, however was directly connected to the force, so why when Nihilus and Sion over-threw Kraya didn't Nihilus drain the force from her?

Blue_Hefner
I don't know a Kraya. . . but if you're talking Kreia, he did drain the Force from her. That's why she couldn't call her lightsaber to her hand

Blax_Hydralisk
Because he had already eaten a sandwhich and wasn't hungry haermm

no expression

LORD JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner
I don't know a Kraya. . . but if you're talking Kreia, he did drain the Force from her. That's why she couldn't call her lightsaber to her hand

Typo, my appologies. But she could make them attack you through the force? And doesn't Nihilus' force-draining kill the force sensitive that was drained?

Man, that game is full of holes.

123KID
a lot of the holes is because it was rushed and the cut content clears up some things

anyway he didn't kill her because, according to Sion in cut content, he thought he had killed her

as for why he didn't use his drain on her who knows he might not have needed energy so badly at that point
he tried to drain the Exile because he was desperate for energy

Lt. Valerian
Traya is an old, ugly woman who has black, bug eyes and wrinkles in body parts unkown to humanity. Plus, she's a manipulating flying f*ck.... I don't blame him.

Tangible God
Originally posted by 123KID
as for why he didn't use his drain on her who knows he might not have needed energy so badly at that point
he tried to drain the Exile because he was desperate for energy

0°Mandalore°0
Originally posted by Lt. Valerian
Traya is an old, ugly woman who has black, bug eyes and wrinkles in body parts unkown to humanity. Plus, she's a manipulating flying f*ck.... I don't blame him.

laughing out loud Neither do I.

LORD JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by Lt. Valerian

Aah, That makes sence... Speaking of the cut content, how is the Restoration project going? anyone heard?

Captain REX
I hardly think that KOTOR2 would have been great with the restorations. It would have been better, sure, but there are still too many damned holes.

LORD JLRTENJAC
No matter what, It wouldn't have been great, Drew didn't write it. Therefore it would not be anywhere near the greatness of KOTOR 1.

Elite Hunter
It is not just the story itself that makes the game subpar of kotor. It is the levels too. Peragus is the worst level in either game. Nar Shaddaa was bad and I wasn't exactly happy with the begining of malachor

LORD JLRTENJAC
Kotor 1 started slowly and built up to the point where Malak reviels that you ARE revan, after that it begins to smooth off and ends as a game should. (Gameplay and story wise)

Kotor 2 however shot off to an amasing start... only to die the moment you put the disk into the system.

Actually in all honesty I thought the Gameplay in 2 was alittle easier to get a handle on, and had slightly beter replay value than Kotor where Gameplay is concerned. However, the story was a jumbled confusing mess which had no true plot to speak of at all. It is lamentable.

Ivalice
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
It is not just the story itself that makes the game subpar of kotor. It is the levels too. Peragus is the worst level in either game. Nar Shaddaa was bad and I wasn't exactly happy with the begining of malachor Whats so bad about peragus and narshadda? Oh yea and i hate malachor V, such a boring level.

At lest rakata prime in k1 was spectacular.

caedusrulesall
Originally posted by Ivalice
Whats so bad about peragus and narshadda? Oh yea and i hate malachor V, such a boring level.

I liked Peragus (the whole "wake up and everything's deserted except a creepy old woman, a pervert and some homicidal droids" thing was cool) but Nar Shaddaa was stupid...too many side-quests...and you have to deal with the Exchange telling you that you'd be stupid to attack them then pwn them all when you do attack them.

I think one of the problems with K2 was that in K1 you were fighting the same enemy the whole game: the Sith Empire. In K2 you're supposed to be fighting the Sith Triumvirate, but on each level you barely fight any Sith. Your enemies are always a band of mercenaries or insurgents (Dantooine: Mercenaries Onderon: Separatists Nar Shaddaa: Exchange Telos: Czerka) There's never a common enemy, although it's supposed to be the Sith.

Plus the goal in K1 was clear: Find the Star Forge, kill Malak, destroy it. End of Sith. But in K2 the goal is never that clear: Spend like 50 hours of gameplay reuniting 3 Jedi Masters only to have Kreia kill them all with a single Force Drain once you finally get them back together. Then you kill Nihilus (who I thought was going to be the "big bad boss" like Malak was in K1) not at the end of the game but still a planet away, then go to Malachor where you fight a bunch of storm beasts, switch to Mira and kill Hanharr (or at least leave him there), switch to the Remote and activate the MSG, then have GO-TO arrive and try to kill you, then the screeen cuts back to the Exile. Then the Exile runs around slaughtering Sith Assassins, walking through the maze of tunnels that lead nowhere in the Trayus Academy, then kill Sion, then walk into something that resembles the Kraken's mouth from Pirates of the Caribbean and kill an old woman who floats around lightsabers. Not a good ending.

Although I agree with you Ivalice, Rakata Prime was pretty cool. Except the Rakata's language always makes them sound like they're angry at you.

Elite Hunter
Originally posted by Ivalice
Whats so bad about peragus and narshadda? Oh yea and i hate malachor V, such a boring level.

Narshadda seems to take a while to get into. The side quests are poor and just the whole idea with the bounty hunters seemed poorly executed to me. The whole concept of goto was bad imo.

Peragus just never clicked with me. Destroying droid after droid got real boring real fast. Then once you killed everything and get lost for a short time there is nothing there. No sidequests and people to talk to hurts for an opening level imo as well. I actually enjoyed playing The endar spire and taris unlike the prologue (thank god you can skip it) and peragus.

And for the record the prologue with t3 was just wtf?

LORD JLRTENJAC
Originally posted by caedusrulesall
I liked Peragus (the whole "wake up and everything's deserted except a creepy old woman, a pervert and some homicidal droids" thing was cool) but Nar Shaddaa was stupid...too many side-quests...and you have to deal with the Exchange telling you that you'd be stupid to attack them then pwn them all when you do attack them.

I think one of the problems with K2 was that in K1 you were fighting the same enemy the whole game: the Sith Empire. In K2 you're supposed to be fighting the Sith Triumvirate, but on each level you barely fight any Sith. Your enemies are always a band of mercenaries or insurgents (Dantooine: Mercenaries Onderon: Separatists Nar Shaddaa: Exchange Telos: Czerka) There's never a common enemy, although it's supposed to be the Sith.

Plus the goal in K1 was clear: Find the Star Forge, kill Malak, destroy it. End of Sith. But in K2 the goal is never that clear: Spend like 50 hours of gameplay reuniting 3 Jedi Masters only to have Kreia kill them all with a single Force Drain once you finally get them back together. Then you kill Nihilus (who I thought was going to be the "big bad boss" like Malak was in K1) not at the end of the game but still a planet away, then go to Malachor where you fight a bunch of storm beasts, switch to Mira and kill Hanharr (or at least leave him there), switch to the Remote and activate the MSG, then have GO-TO arrive and try to kill you, then the screeen cuts back to the Exile. Then the Exile runs around slaughtering Sith Assassins, walking through the maze of tunnels that lead nowhere in the Trayus Academy, then kill Sion, then walk into something that resembles the Kraken's mouth from Pirates of the Caribbean and kill an old woman who floats around lightsabers. Not a good ending.

Although I agree with you Ivalice, Rakata Prime was pretty cool. Except the Rakata's language always makes them sound like they're angry at you.

Exactly.

caedusrulesall
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
Narshadda seems to take a while to get into. The side quests are poor and just the whole idea with the bounty hunters seemed poorly executed to me. The whole concept of goto was bad imo.

Peragus just never clicked with me. Destroying droid after droid got real boring real fast. Then once you killed everything and get lost for a short time there is nothing there. No sidequests and people to talk to hurts for an opening level imo as well. I actually enjoyed playing The endar spire and taris unlike the prologue (thank god you can skip it) and peragus.

And for the record the prologue with t3 was just wtf?

I agree. Taris was one of my favorite levels even though you're not a Jedi. It has the whole sort of "thinly veiled underworld" thing going.

Plus watching the Outcasts suffer is GREAT!

K2 prologue with T3 sucked, except at least you got to explore a bit more of the Ebon Hawk than you could in the regular levels. At first I thought it was HK-47 back again coming from the closet you hear banging from, but then I learned it was HK-50. Not nearly as good: HK-47 is unreplaceable!

LORD JLRTENJAC
I did enjoy killing Racgouls... Did I spell that right?

caedusrulesall
Originally posted by LORD JLRTENJAC
I did enjoy killing Racgouls... Did I spell that right?

Of course...who doesn't? wink

And it's actually Rakghouls. Close, though.

LORD JLRTENJAC
It's been awhile.

truejedi
I have some questions/comments on K2. First, did they ever add the extra content? and if so, where can i get it?
second, on Nar Shaddaa, the main problem is, if you wander into the wrong area of the game, you are automatically at war with a gang, without a warning, but later you find out, you were supposed to have the option to ally with that gang, but guess what, you killed them all! plus, other than the handmaiden's all at once, EVERY SINGLE ENEMY on this game is easily killed with repeated flurry attacks and Jedi Master speed or whatever.
The hardest to kill warriors are the marauders, and you can always just run away, heal, and come back and kill them. Not much of a challenge made it not much fun to play.

LORD JLRTENJAC
I don't know what the restoration project is up to.

truejedi
is it safe to assume this many years later its dead probably? i heard about someone who got to play the level with the droid factory, and some other content, but i never confirmed it, and if no one else knows, i'm guessing i heard that wrong.

LORD JLRTENJAC
I've heard that it's being worked on still, but you have to understand that the group doing this is just some fans who wanted to fix the game, so it'll be slow. However, it has been a few years, so I doubt we will actually see anything come from it.

LORD JLRTENJAC
Team Gizka's last progress report was on Oct. 22, 2007. It had an imbeded video of the hand maiden talking to Atris about the exile. It's been awhile since I've played the game, but It seemed the same to me. I don't know, I haven't played the game in years. Anyway, here's the link to their site:

http://www.team-gizka.org/index.html

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.