Celestials vs The New Gods

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Entity
All in their true forms at normal power who would win?

TricksterPriest
*THREAD POSTPONED UNTIL FINAL CRISIS IS OVER* duryes Trust me, it's better this way.

Mr. Slippyfist
Celestials until I see the New Gods do something on their level. smile

Erik-Lensherr
Heh.

Utrigita
So every single one of the new gods are equal to Galactus???

Entity
Originally posted by Utrigita
So every single one of the new gods are equal to Galactus??? Can't be sure yet. That was just example of what they really are in comparison to what they appear to be.

Utrigita
Who is this morrison guy???

And Galactus I wouldn't call a God? His a aspect, Odin I would call a God, but srug

cyberborg84
Who is this morrison guy??? Very popular (controversial) writer whose work you've probably read (like New X-Men, the first series, and JLA). He kinda likes to dabble in the New Gods mythos, as his run on JLA can attest.

Far as the fight goes, I'll give the nod to the Celestials for the present.

Power16
Is there Universe full of New Gods too? If so i give them the edge.

Utrigita
Originally posted by cyberborg84
Very popular (controversial) writer whose work you've probably read (like New X-Men, the first series, and JLA). He kinda likes to dabble in the New Gods mythos, as his run on JLA can attest.

Far as the fight goes, I'll give the nod to the Celestials for the present.

Yeah something rings a bell I just isn't so good at remembering names.

To my knowlegde he has never written anything with involved Galactus and yet he is comparing the new gods to him... I think he forgot that there is a powerlevel between gods. Thor is a God but so is Odin...

quanchi112
Who is this morrison guy???

And Galactus I wouldn't call a God? His a aspect, Odin I would call a God, but srug This morrison guy sounds out of his mind. Changing everything about the new gods that we have ever known basically. Maybe it will be good but I was hoping for a new villain for Final Crisis but Ill have to wait and see.

Soljer
Originally posted by quanchi112
This morrison guy sounds out of his mind. Changing everything about the new gods that we have ever known basically. Maybe it will be good but I was hoping for a new villain for Final Crisis but Ill have to wait and see.

Oh...poor Quanchi.

God forbid someone follow framework that is already laid in canon.

Estacado
This morrison guy sounds out of his mind. Changing everything about the new gods that we have ever known basically. Maybe it will be good but I was hoping for a new villain for Final Crisis but Ill have to wait and see.
You know something about New Gods?haermm

Rorschach
This morrison guy sounds out of his mind.

He practices magic and has claimed to have been abducted by aliens.

King_Mungi
Grant Morrison

LORD B
This morrison guy sounds out of his mind.
he's scottish..........nuff said
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg202/booie2008/willie_small.jpg

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by LORD B
he's scottish..........nuff said
http://i249.photobucket.com/albums/gg202/booie2008/willie_small.jpg

and he's actually nicknamed 'the mad scotsman'. yes http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/5/5f/Grant_morrison.jpg/399px-Grant_morrison.jpg

so yes Quan, he's completely out of his mind. crazy But he's also a brilliant writer and a genius at plotting. I'm hoping for another Seven Soldiers level masterpiece. eek! Deus ex Source. cool

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Rorschach
He practices magic and has claimed to have been abducted by aliens.

I thought that was AlanMoore.

Rorschach
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
I thought that was AlanMoore.

The both of them are insane. laughing out loud

I don't know if Moore's ever claimed to have been been abducted by aliens. But he has claimed to have met John Constantine, and he worships some Snake God.

And Grant has a huge ego.

http://www.comicon.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=36&t=001597

TricksterPriest
Crazy ass writers. love

Deathstroke
Originally posted by Rorschach

And Grant has a huge ego.

I thought that was Alan Moore too.

Erik-Lensherr
Grant Morrison is one of the most brilliant minds to ever have existed in the comic book industry.

King_Mungi
Well Darkseid does have the touch of God shifty

1. http://i256.photobucket.com/albums/hh187/DarkseidRes/lsh-v2-294-24-25.jpg
2. http://webexhibits.org/colorart/i/michelangelo-creation-adam-.jpg

Utrigita
So depending on which one I ask I will get a different response okay. I ask because I doesn't read much/any Dc material and DC seems to be his primary writing space.

I will say Again I think that the God thing is a bit of, as numerous Characters is Gods. However even if every single New God was equal to Galactus in raw power it wouldn't really matter since there is millions if not billions of Celestials, to my knowlegde which Isn't great about the new gods I admit they isn't close to having those numbers.

Bentley
The cool thing is that the New Gods have like, one whole issue to be better pretty much, million celestials. I mean, if they destroy like 34 of the 52 earths or something they may be in the fight, but I can't figure out a single feat that would put them beyond all the celestial hordes in one issue.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Bentley
The cool thing is that the New Gods have like, one whole issue to be better pretty much, million celestials. I mean, if they destroy like 34 of the 52 earths or something they may be in the fight, but I can't figure out a single feat that would put them beyond all the celestial hordes in one issue.

One issue? laughing out loud Morrison and Johns are using them as one of the main points of Final Crisis. They have the entire series for themselves.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Bentley

Unmaking the entire DCU four times over and being reborn as omnipotent quasi-spiritual supergods.

Hope I didn't spoil my made up end to final Crisis for anyone.

Entity
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Unmaking the entire DCU four times over and being reborn as omnipotent quasi-spiritual supergods.

Hope I didn't spoil my made up end to final Crisis for anyone. Damn you! I was still waiting on your personally autographed TPB. mad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.