JLA vs Silver Surfer/Thor/Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

carver9
Since Superman, wonderwoman, and martian manhunter along with other jla members has been put up against some of the most top tiers in comics and have been doing good, do you think the jla has a chance against this team.

The jla consist of the orginals:

Green lantern (kyle)
Superman
Wonderwoman
Batman
Orion
Flash
Aquaman
Martian manhunter

Who wins.

Bouboumaster
Thanos alone would be a threat.

Team Marvel annihlate JLA.

Erik-Lensherr
JLA.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
JLA.

laughing

High Priest
what about rhino hes kool rhino from spider man .He crush thr/thanos to pieces.

Avlon
Jla wins.

quanchi112
Jla gets smashed and easily.

dvampire
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Thanos alone would be a threat.

Team Marvel annihlate JLA.

You write BS.

The team wins. smile

Priest
Thanos and Co.

tkitna
Marvel without any trouble

Soljer
Originally posted by carver9
Since Superman, wonderwoman, and martian manhunter along with other jla members has been put up against some of the most top tiers in comics and have been doing good, do you think the jla has a chance against this team.

Green lantern (kyle)
Superman
Wonderwoman
Batman
Orion
Flash
Aquaman
Martian manhunter

Who wins.

Silver Surfer is kept busy with Kyle.

Wonder Woman can take care of Thor eventually (or, the Flash can instantaneously beat him - either way).

Making it Superman, Batman, Orion, Flash, Aquaman, and J'onn versus Thanos.

janus77
Thanos & Surfer, easy.

Erik-Lensherr
Originally posted by janus77
Thanos & Surfer, easy.

Surfer is all that's needed right ?

but wait...
superman's like ... really fast too and and shoots eye beams!

truly, Surfer's too fast and powerful for half the JLA to remain living after the first 1/100000th of a nano-second.

GLs are going to achieve sod-all against Surfer, he absorbed the blummin' Oan central battery and was but a little dazed by that vast amount of energy. and he's been upgraded since then, as well as given to greater use of his powers.

what's Flash going to do really? out-run surfer? first time Surfer tags him, and he will, end of fight for Flash.

CA is how Surfer knows all he needs know about ALL the JLA, what their energies are, their cellular structure, their weaknesses etc etc ...

Faceman

Green lantern (kyle)
Superman
Wonderwoman
Batman
Orion
Flash
Aquaman
Martian manhunter

Who wins.

Batman ? confused

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by dvampire
You write BS.

The team wins. smile

Dear DC Fanboy, you doesn't seems to understand that Thanos is nearly if not a skyfather lvl.

The three big guns of the match are in Marvel side. And Thanos isn't a simple gun; it's a friggin' bazooka.

llagrok
Originally posted by Soljer
Silver Surfer is kept busy with Kyle.

Wonder Woman can take care of Thor eventually (or, the Flash can instantaneously beat him - either way).

That's one of the more ridiculous things I've heard today.

Kyle hasn't really had any impressive showings lately, his fight against Nero was especially disappointing.

Wonder Woman wouldn't be able to take care of Thor either, not unless she's allowed to call upon the god wave.

And the last time I checked, we're not removing CIS, which means that the Flash won't instantly IMP anyone.

batdude123
Originally posted by llagrok

Kyle hasn't really had any impressive showings lately, his fight against Nero was especially disappointing.

Wonder Woman wouldn't be able to take care of Thor either, not unless she's allowed to call upon the god wave.

And the last time I checked, we're not removing CIS, which means that the Flash won't instantly IMP anyone.

Your statements are directly contradicted by the rules.

"For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first millisecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed."

baka

Superboy Prime

And? That doesn't rule out the stunts he has pulled off in the past.

She definitely can.

But he can make everyone on Marvel's team as still as statues, or he can lend the speed force to every single member of this JLA--like they need it anyways, but a speed boost can't be bad thing-- among many other things.

llagrok
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
She definitely can.

Nope, she can't.

Originally posted by batdude123
Your statements are directly contradicted by the rules.

"For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first millisecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed."

baka

Does anyone have any scans of Wally performing feats like that? Where he shows that he's capable of knocking out transcendent characters instantaneously? Because from reading Flash comics, I certainly didn't get that impression. In fact, it looks like he needs a lot of time to reach light speed even :/

CaptainStoic
Nope, she can't.

Does anyone have any scans of Wally performing feats like that? Where he shows that he's capable of knocking out transcendent characters instantaneously? Because from reading Flash comics, I certainly didn't get that impression. In fact, it looks like he needs a lot of time to reach light speed even :/

Never saw it myself, although I don't claim to have read all of the Flash comics written. I've never seen Flash KO Superman in one second.

llagrok
Flash once knocked out a guy who was at least as durable as Superman, and I have no doubt that Flash is capable of it.

I just haven't seen him accomplish such feats instantly.

Mindset
Current Thor can definitely take WW or Supes, imo.

Kyle will not be able to beat SS. Someone mentioned his recent fight against Nero as being a low showing, however that is not true, Kyle was pretending he needed help against Nero to boost Yat's self esteem.

ultimatethor
Marvel Team wins easy

quanchi112
Originally posted by ultimatethor
Marvel Team wins easy thumb up

CaptainStoic
Green lantern (kyle)
Superman
Wonderwoman
Batman
Orion
Flash
Aquaman
Martian manhunter

The Silver Surfer could take out Kyle and Aquaman, and the Flash. He could trap the Flash in his board.

Thanos could wipe out Superman, Orion and, J'onn.

Thor showed that Wonder Woman wouldn't be much of a problem for him as he's beaten the Destroyer, and as for Batman Thor could bfr his ass to some inhospitable backwater planet, or just one shot him.

No matter how this plays out the JLA would lose. theres too many weak links to take on Silver Surfer,Thor and, Thanos.

Sirius77
JLA.

iceman24567
Superman can stalemate or beat Thor. Kyle and Orion can take out the Surfer the rest dog pile Thanos until Superman, Kyle and Orion join then games over for team 2 they lose to sheer numbers and speed.

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
Superman can stalemate or beat Thor. Kyle and Orion can take out the Surfer the rest dog pile Thanos until Superman, Kyle and Orion join then games over for team 2 they lose to sheer numbers and speed. I agree on the Superman part but even if Supes wins he wont be in good shape. This new Thor seems like he could pose more of a threat though and Supes if he did win wouldnt be in any shape after this skirmish. Kyle and Orion couldnt take the Surfer going all out. No way the power cosmic is too much for them. Thanos can indeed take a beatdown and hes taken one from Thor and Odin and been fine. The jla lose.

Raoul

Green lantern (kyle)
Superman
Wonderwoman
Batman
Orion
Flash
Aquaman
Martian manhunter

Who wins.

you've got 8 v 3? seriously?

ok, taking out batman, as he's a non element, but the other 7?

any of those guys would give thor a fight (bar maybe arthur), but add a second member for a double team thats one of kyle, superman, wally, diana, or j'onn? even thor, as mighty as he is, would go down...

surfer... kyle alone would challenge him, throw in j'onn, clark, wally or orion? norrin goes down...

which leaves thanos... if you've got 2 v each of the others, that still leaves 4 (if you include bruce, though outside of a crossover comic, i wouldnt) to take on thanos...

JLA wins, god they win... the sheer numerical advantage does it imo...

small note: that isnt the original JLA...

manx422
jla

ultimatethor
Superman can stalemate or beat Thor. Kyle and Orion can take out the Surfer the rest dog pile Thanos until Superman, Kyle and Orion join then games over for team 2 they lose to sheer numbers and speed.

Flash and batman are really non factors as both have the strength of their molecular structure = to that of normal human beings. Either the surfer or thanos could take them out on a whim via molecular tampering. Meanwhile thor will keep superman busy. Thanos can beat orion and kyle and jonn( all thrree of them cant take him down). Meanwhile the surfer encases wondy in an unbreakble enrgy shell bfrs her and simply wipes out Aquaman. The surfer would finish of wondy and aquaman fast enough to help out thor with supes( if he actually needs it) and supes dies quick. IF thanos is still fighting jonn kyle and orion( highly unlikely) thor and surfer will assist him and easily finish them off.

Now evn if we use your way of fighting the marvl team still wins. Superman vs thor would be a really long fight that could go either way.
As i said flash and batman are still none factors making this 6 against three. Now an all out surfer could hold hold his own quite well against orion and kyle. Thanos would defeat wondy mm and aquaman fast enough to help out the surfer( if he needs it) and both of them would easily take down orion and kyle. Meanwhile the superman vs thor fight would still be going on and with thanos and surfer to help out superman is gone.

Rorschach
Flash and batman are really non factors as both have the strength of their molecular structure = to that of normal human beings.

Flash can hit with the mass of white dwarf star. He knocked out a White Martian with just one IMP, and said he could have delivered a 100 IMPs in less than a second, or something like that. He can hit with more power than that of a normal human being. no expression

Anyway, the Marvel teams wins, mostly because of Thanos.

ultimatethor
The jla has too many people that either surfer or thanos could easily exploit :0 superman( his weaknesses), flash( molecular structure), batman( same as flash, and many others) , wonderwoman( sharp objects), aquaman( low durability) for them to win.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by Rorschach
Flash can hit with the mass of white dwarf star. He knocked out a White Martian with just one IMP, and said he could have delivered a 100 IMPs in less than a second, or something like that. He can hit with more power than that of a normal human being. no expression

I know how hard the flash can hit

ultimatethor

Its not the hitting power really but rather his ability to resist hits( that is his durability) that i am talking about. Beings with high levels of durability have greater resistance to molecular tampering

Rorschach
Its not the hitting power really but rather his ability to resist hits( that is his durability) that i am talking about. Beings with high levels of durability have greater resistance to molecular tampering

He's taken hits from Zoom. Who's hit Wonder Woman from country to country, and at that time was said to hit harder than Superman.

Rorschach
He's taken hits from Zoom.

And so has Batman. shifty

ultimatethor
He's taken hits from Zoom. Who's hit Wonder Woman from country to country, and at that time was said to hit harder than Superman.

Yes but he cant take a bullet to the head or survive a bomb( can he?)
Batman has taken hits from Darkseid, superman etc but he still has normal human durability. Such things do happen in comics

Rorschach
Batman has taken hits from Darkseid, superman etc but he still has normal human durability. Such things do happen in comics

He survived an explosion set off by a bomb before he could even properly tap into the Speed Force. Actually, he was sleeping at the time and after the explosion happened, his powers were subconsciously activated, so he ate some food, got his girlfriend out of there, and then passed out.

He can be killed by a bullet to the head, but then again, Lobo put a hook through his head, and he still didn't die. shifty

Wally has enhanced durability, not on the same level as Superman/Wonder Woman/etc. But he his durability doesn't equal that of a normal human being. Hell, he was taking faster than sound punches from Professor Zoom.

Erik-Lensherr
Did that guy say that Wally has normal durability ?

No wonder I have him on ignore.

Rorschach

Though, Drakseid didn't want to kill Batman during their fight. That is, if you're talking about their fight in Superman/Batman. Batman barely survives his fights against Superman, and he's the goddamn Batman.

Juntai
Batman has taken hits from Darkseid, superman etc but he still has normal human durability. Such things do happen in comics Flash gains mass as he gains speed, his durability spikes dramatically when doing this. When moving in lightspeeds, he is physically on par with any top range hero save in lifting power. He also has one of the best healing factors around. He also has great molecular control.

Comparing him to Batman is pretty laughable actually.

Juntai
Though, Drakseid didn't want to kill Batman during their fight. That is, if you're talking about their fight in Superman/Batman. Batman barely survives his fights against Superman, and he's the goddamn Batman. He also had New God armor & tech.

Rorschach
Originally posted by Juntai
He also had New God armor & tech.

Damn, I had forgotten about that.

Juntai
And he needed Batman to disarm the bombs, so he was just taking out frustrations. He clearly said he could destroy him with a single blast.

Batman even made note that the beating was "just for his personal enjoyment" and that Barda's motherbox was protecting him. Not to mention the New God armor he was wearing.

Juntai

No wonder I have him on ignore. lmao.

Galan007

No wonder I have him on ignore. Yeah,
it would be quite anti-climatic to see Wally going in for the finishing blow at =/> c, only to have his entire body suddenly break down at the molecular level -- via running into a grasshopper. ha-son

Mindship
After a long, tough battle, the JLA loses, barely. They do as well as they do because they have a numerical advantage, but I don't think it's enough to pull a win...

...unless, of course, Batman has prep time.

Question: Wouldn't anyone capable of superspeed be able to deliver an IM punch or attack? I mean, what's to keep the Surfer, for example, from taking a piece of landscape or a meteor, splintering it into a billion, accelerating pieces, then IM shotgun-blasting everyone with it?

And also, if the Speedforce protects the Flash from relativistic effects, how does he reach IM?

Bentley
Thanos mindrapes every one thats a factor while Thor and SS fend other offensives.

Thanos can one-shot everyone in the JLA short of Superman -godly durability- and Diana -bracelets. This battle would be over pretty quickly given that the only thing that can even hope to pierce Thanos's shield is Diana's tiara.

Note that this result only happens because Thanos has help, by himself he would be likely to be overcome by numbers.

Thorion
Orion goes demonic and stalemates Thanos.
Supes and Diana own Thor.
Bat's, J'onn and Kyle beat Surfer.

tdawg14
Originally posted by Thorion
Orion goes demonic and stalemates Thanos.
Supes and Diana own Thor.
Bat's, J'onn and Kyle beat Surfer.

What! Orion takes Thanos. Not at any time. Never. Current Thor would take out Wonder Woman with ease and also take Supes. Marvel team wins this 8/10 times.

Juntai
Anyone on team two can solo that JLA team. You fanboys are stupid.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Raoul
you've got 8 v 3? seriously?

ok, taking out batman, as he's a non element, but the other 7?

any of those guys would give thor a fight (bar maybe arthur), but add a second member for a double team thats one of kyle, superman, wally, diana, or j'onn? even thor, as mighty as he is, would go down...

surfer... kyle alone would challenge him, throw in j'onn, clark, wally or orion? norrin goes down...

which leaves thanos... if you've got 2 v each of the others, that still leaves 4 (if you include bruce, though outside of a crossover comic, i wouldnt) to take on thanos...

JLA wins, god they win... the sheer numerical advantage does it imo...

small note: that isnt the original JLA... They do have a sheer numerical advantage but geez look at the three involved here. Thanos is above anyone in this thread bya good margin. Surfer going all out imo is the second most powerful being in this thread. Thor doesnt hold back anymore and even before that could go toe to toe with Superman the JLA's best. The Jla loses here.

llagrok
Unless Flash absolutely rapes them all in the first picosecond, team 2 has a pretty good shot at making it.

Thanos' durability should let him take a lot of attacks. Martian Manhunter and Aquaman probably won't be able to take a lot of hits from him. Kyle rayner's durability isn't that amazing either.

Tshern
JLA.
Marvel wins. Moreover, it seems someone likes my avatar, I use that Joker pic on pretty much every board I frequent.

rico777
JLA Win... too many top tiers for marvel to handle wink

Bouboumaster
Marvel. Surfer and Thor and the second and third biggest gun out there.
And Thanos isn't a gun: He's a friggin' bomb.

Like it was said before, Thanos soloes by himself anyone but Sups and Diana. Hell, he punch from Titan (a moon of Saturn or Jupiter) to the earth the good ol' Captain Marvel! Plus, his tech protected him from Galactus.
Surfer kill Sups in the first second, with is energy manipulation/absortion.
Thor kills... well... anyone out there, minus Sups ad Orion.

Avlon
JLA wins.

This is almost spite. Thor and Orion, Kyle and SS, Superman and Thanos and we still have MM, Flash, AM, and Wonder woman to double up.

Flash could tie those 3 up in WW's rope before those 3 could blink. Then the JLA pummel (or Orion goes for the kill) them asap.

iceman24567
Lulz at Wally being downgraded to street level in this thread. I still think team 1 takes it.

Raoul
Originally posted by quanchi112
They do have a sheer numerical advantage but geez look at the three involved here. Thanos is above anyone in this thread bya good margin. Surfer going all out imo is the second most powerful being in this thread. Thor doesnt hold back anymore and even before that could go toe to toe with Superman the JLA's best. The Jla loses here.

i looked at the 3, and i still say the get their asses handed to them...

Originally posted by Avlon
JLA wins.

This is almost spite. Thor and Orion, Kyle and SS, Superman and Thanos and we still have MM, Flash, AM, and Wonder woman to double up.

Flash could tie those 3 up in WW's rope before those 3 could blink. Then the JLA pummel (or Orion goes for the kill) them asap.

i nearly closed it as such...

Lulz at Wally being downgraded to street level in this thread. I still think team 1 takes it.

seriously? laughing

Mindset
Flash gains mass as he gains speed, his durability spikes dramatically when doing this. When moving in lightspeeds, he is physically on par with any top range hero save in lifting power. He also has one of the best healing factors around. He also has great molecular control.

Since when did Flash durability increase because of speed?

And no, he does not have one of the best healing factors, he can he rapidly faster than any normal human, but compared to Wolverine, Hulk, or Deadpool it isn't much.

Raoul
Originally posted by Mindset

And no, he does not have one of the best healing factors, he can he rapidly faster than any normal human, but compared to Wolverine, Hulk, or Deadpool it isn't much.

his healing factor is actually very impressive... flash's durability does increase the faster he does, thats how he's able to hurt beings with super strength, and not get torn to pieces when he gets hit by them...

janus77
spite no?
Thanos should destroy half the JLA without sweat, Surfer could take the big hitters easy and Thor could mop up.

or Thanos could destroy the lot of them.

anyway Thanos, Surfer, Thor 10/10 imo.

Mindship
How does the Flash gain mass? Doesn't the Speedforce protect him from relativistic effects?

ultimatethor
He survived an explosion set off by a bomb before he could even properly tap into the Speed Force. Actually, he was sleeping at the time and after the explosion happened, his powers were subconsciously activated, so he ate some food, got his girlfriend out of there, and then passed out.

He can be killed by a bullet to the head, but then again, Lobo put a hook through his head, and he still didn't die. shifty

Wally has enhanced durability, not on the same level as Superman/Wonder Woman/etc. But he his durability doesn't equal that of a normal human being. Hell, he was taking faster than sound punches from Professor Zoom.

Thanks 4 d info

janus77
everything Flash can do, Surfer can do too and more so.
in DC you have the Speedforce to enable Flash to travel at >C speeds without taking on infinite mass, in Marvel you have the Power Cosmic and/or Hyperspace to do the same thing.

if Flash can "IMP" people then, naturally, so can The Surfer. all that an IMP entails is a loose application of "real world physics" at C-speeds.

Surfer could just spit at Superman, whilst travelling at 1000x C and ka-boom ... Superman's thrown to the other side of the universe big grin.

Surfer's faster than (or at the very least as fast as) Flash, and given his uber powers he'd tag and destroy Flash in 10000ths of a second, because both can move and operate at those speeds. it would be an epic chase but, for observers it would hardly last long enough to blink.

Surfer could also empower Thor to Surfer levels by boosting the Odinforce and adding Power Cosmic attributes (10000xC speed, uber durability, Cosmic Awareness etc), making Thor ridiculously powerful and dangerous.

Thanos ... well he could wipe out 2/3rds of the JLA with a blast, then just teleport and capture Superman, break his neck, then take out Wonderwoman ... it's just easy for him.

ultimatethor
Flash gains mass as he gains speed, his durability spikes dramatically when doing this. When moving in lightspeeds, he is physically on par with any top range hero save in lifting power. He also has one of the best healing factors around. He also has great molecular control.

Actually i was not talking about him when moving at FTL speeds. I was thinking of the initial point of the fight before he started gaining mass or moving fast at all as i doubt the surfer would be able to tamper wit his molecules when he is moving at dat kinda speed. Hence wheneva d flash
stops he'll be susceptible to molecular tampering. And yeah in no way did i try to compare flash and batmans powerlvls.

ultimatethor

No wonder I have him on ignore.

Did dat guy evn comprehend what i wrote? I guess not( not surprised)
cuz if he did he woulda understood dat i was trying to describe his durability while in a stationary position ( not gaining mass) hence the reference to taking a bullet in the head.

No wonder HE'S going on ignore

Juntai
Originally posted by Mindset

http://img266.imageshack.us/my.php?image=flashv2148022rg.jpg
Not only does that show him attaining the mass of a star, it also shows him going from 0 to lightspeed instantly.

His healing factor isn't good?
"Go ahead, strike, STRIKE, it won't do you any good - in this state any wound you give me heals INSTANTLY"
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee305/Wally_Respect3/accecel.jpg
http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee305/Wally_Respect3/accecel2.jpg

Mindship
Originally posted by Mindship
Question: Wouldn't anyone capable of superspeed be able to deliver an IM punch or attack? I mean, what's to keep the Surfer, for example, from taking a piece of landscape or a meteor, splintering it into a billion, accelerating pieces, then IM shotgun-blasting everyone with it?
everything Flash can do, Surfer can do too and more so.
in DC you have the Speedforce to enable Flash to travel at >C speeds without taking on infinite mass, in Marvel you have the Power Cosmic and/or Hyperspace to do the same thing.

if Flash can "IMP" people then, naturally, so can The Surfer. all that an IMP entails is a loose application of "real world physics" at C-speeds.

Surfer could just spit at Superman, whilst travelling at 1000x C and ka-boom ... Superman's thrown to the other side of the universe big grin.
The question remains, though: if the Speedforce enables "Flash to travel at >C speeds without taking on infinite mass," then how does he generate an IMP? Seems like DC is trying to have its cake and eat it, too. Either Flash is protected from relativistic effects or he isn't. Shame on you, DC.

Raoul
The question remains, though: if the Speedforce enables "Flash to travel at >C speeds without taking on infinite mass," then how does he generate an IMP? Seems like DC is trying to have its cake and eat it, too. Either Flash is protected from relativistic effects or he isn't. Shame on you, DC.

its the speedforce basically allowing wally to do as he pleases, i think... ive seen an instance or two of him talking about gaining mass the faster he gets to lightspeed...

Mindship
its the speedforce basically allowing wally to do as he pleases, i think... So basically it's yet another plot device, along with magic, power cosmic, etc...

Eh, comics.

Raoul
So basically it's yet another plot device, along with magic, power cosmic, etc...

Eh, comics.

yeah, they're awesome... big grin

quanchi112
i looked at the 3, and i still say the get their asses handed to them...

i nearly closed it as such...

seriously? laughing Dont you agree that Thanos is far above anyone else in this thread and that the Surfer is number two. Thor is almost a virtual equal to Superman who is jla's strongest member.

janus77
I asked this exact question here, a few months ago. since the flash-ers keep bringing up IMP as if it's something unique in the comic arsenal. it's comics, and DC tends towards the more scatological when applying "physics".

basically even the scans provided by juntai (unsurprisingly) don't correlate with what is claimed. and Flash doesn't produce "infinite mass", merely hyperbole to decorate a superman-like punch.

anyway, this thread seems like spite to me, I can't fathom how the JLA would survive a few hours, much less win a few battles.

iceman24567
The top Jl's are above Superman in my opinion. Hal beat The General in one panel it took Orion, Superman and Orions dog just to bfr him and i think somebody else Kyle has soloed Amazo they are close if not equal to The surfer so no way is Surfer second strongest he ties with Kyle. As i said sheer numbers plus speed beat the three. Lulz at Surfer being able to do whatever Wally can without any on panel or even off panel evidence. Nobody utilizes speed like Wally that's just a factno expression.

Superboy Prime
Not only does that show him attaining the mass of a star, it also shows him going from 0 to lightspeed instantly.

"Go ahead, strike, STRIKE, it won't do you any good - in this state any wound you give me heals INSTANTLY"

Man...a bloodlusted Wally is serious business. fear

iceman24567

http://i233.photobucket.com/albums/ee305/Wally_Respect3/accecel2.jpg Yikes i never seen him heal like that that's Deapool, Hulk and Wolverine level with out a doubt.

Rorschach
Yikes i never seen him heal like that that's Deapool, Hulk and Wolverine level with out a doubt.

That's Walter West, not Wally West. crackers

iceman24567
That's Walter West, not Wally West. crackers Blah pinch

King_Mungi

Yeppers, he can heal broken bones in a second, and didn't he have a hook in his head from Lobo before?

Soljer
His healing factor is good - great....

sometimes.

He suffers from a great deal of inconsistency.

The Great Galen
Let's see, Supes takes down Thor and teams up with Wally and kyle to take down Sufer. Then the entire team proceeds to beat down on Thanos. Team 1 10/10

rico777
Originally posted by The Great Galen
Let's see, Supes takes down Thor and teams up with Wally and kyle to take down Sufer. Then the entire team proceeds to beat down on Thanos. Team 1 10/10

Kyle alone has a great shot of taking down SS, but adding Wally in SS will definitely fall. I agree about Supes taking Thor. That leaves the entire JLA to take on Thanos. It will be a long fight but I see Thanos being taken down eventually by this team.

celestialdemon
Team 2 wins. Even if Supes could beat Thor and Wally & Kyle could beat Surfer, they aren't going to do it before Thanos takes out at least Batman, Aquaman, and maybe MM. So, it won't be the entire team vs Thanos.

Soljer
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Team 2 wins. Even if Supes could beat Thor and Wally & Kyle could beat Surfer, they aren't going to do it before Thanos takes out at least Batman, Aquaman, and maybe MM. So, it won't be the entire team vs Thanos.

You don't think that Orion, J'onn and the Flash could mount an effective distraction?

celestialdemon
Originally posted by Soljer
You don't think that Orion, J'onn and the Flash could mount an effective distraction?

Oops. Forgot about Orion. According to the above scenario, the Flash will be busy helping Kyle with the SS.

I don't doubt that GL/Flash and Supes could beat SS and Thor, respectively. I just don't think they will beat them any faster than Thanos will take down at least half of the remaining team.

Soljer
Originally posted by celestialdemon
Oops. Forgot about Orion. According to the above scenario, the Flash will be busy helping Kyle with the SS.

I don't doubt that GL/Flash and Supes could beat SS and Thor, respectively. I just don't think they will beat them any faster than Thanos will take down at least half of the remaining team.

I think you're overestimating the surfer a wee bit, then. And this comes from a Surfer fanatic.

Kyle alone would be plenty to keep the Surfer quite busy. Wonder Woman, Orion, or Superman alone would be plenty to keep Thor busy.

This entire team (minus the one person fighting the Surfer and the one fighting Thor) would be enough to tackle Thanos.

Alternatively, you get one or two people to distract Thanos for long enough for the rest of the team to gang-rape the Surfer and Thor, and then everyone dogpiles the Titan; either way you go, the odds look to be in the JLA's favor.

Bentley
Diana, Supes and maybe Flash -due his speed- are the only ones that won't get oneshotted if Thanos plays smart. Thanos often plays smart.

Team 2 7/10.

carver9
Current Thor> anyone on the jla side. Nothing have been shown yet to take him down with brute force. Hell the destroyer used its most powerful blast on thor and thor brushed it off and one shotted a god killer (destroyer). This thor is basically showing him self to be on the scale of warrior madness thor.

Surfer, with his upgrades can take a large chunk out of the jla. Surfer has recently fought and almost stalemated a being on galactus level and then later on defeated two beings on galactus level. During the entire annihiliation comic, surfer was basically one shotting top tier gods. Surfer took a hit that leveled a moon, there isnt to much that anyone out there could do to him that would bring him down and I dont think kyle would be that key.

Thanos, I really dont have to say much about this character. I am going to say this, he has gave galactus a run for him money, gave tyrant a run for his money, also gave odin a challenge and has been classified by marvel as a universal threat. I dont have to say any more about him.

My opinion, this would be a good fight but I see the jla loosing this one.

Bentley
Thanos has never done anything as of put in Galactus in danger by himself, I call bull on that.

carver9
Originally posted by Bentley
Thanos has never done anything as of put in Galactus in danger by himself, I call bull on that.

I would post a scan for you but its not worth it. Look at thanos respect thread. Lets put it like this, thanos did more to galactus then what darkseid did in a crossover (even though its none cannon).

The only thing that Im going to say is go to the respect thread.

Bentley
Do you mean blast him a few meters and then resisting a single shot of Galactus before his defenses gave up and he had to pray for his life?

If you mean that scan, yes I've seen it.

Raoul
Current Thor> anyone on the jla side. Nothing have been shown yet to take him down with brute force. Hell the destroyer used its most powerful blast on thor and thor brushed it off and one shotted a god killer (destroyer). This thor is basically showing him self to be on the scale of warrior madness thor.

there is NOTHING to prove that the destroyer thor fought in the recent comic was the same one of old, he hasn't done anything classic thor wouldnt have been able to bar the machine gun thing...

surfer didnt beat aegis and tenebrous using his own powers directly, so its a bit silly to claim he was kicking their asses...

surfer is awesome, but kyle is more than capable of giving him a fight...

so if superman, orion and any one of wonder woman, flash or martian manhunter went up against him, they'd have no chance, is that what you're saying?

carver9
there is NOTHING to prove that the destroyer thor fought in the recent comic was the same one of old, he hasn't done anything classic thor wouldnt have been able to bar the machine gun thing...

surfer didnt beat aegis and tenebrous using his own powers directly, so its a bit silly to claim he was kicking their asses...

surfer is awesome, but kyle is more than capable of giving him a fight...

so if superman, orion and any one of wonder woman, flash or martian manhunter went up against him, they'd have no chance, is that what you're saying?

We know that the destroyer was powered by a asgardian god during the time he fought it and we also know of the destroyers powers that have yet to change over history, so its durability and powers must remain the same unless proven otherwise in a comic.

By the way, thor has always (powerwise and versatility) been>>> anyone on the jla except maybe a gl. every power that you can name for any jl member I could double it with thor. Thor by far is one of the most versatile people in this battle.

I never thought that anyone on the jla could beat thor but people gave him a lost saying that he isnt fast enough to overcome a lot of members on the jla due to him doing so in the past.

I never said that surfer kicked their ass, surfer almost died during that fight but that dont change the fact that he beat them. If it wasnt for surfer, even though he SUMMONED the crunch (he did this himself, didnt need any help, so he basically beat them.) that doesnt mean that he didnt beat them. If you are saying that, you are basically saying that the people and the feats that superman has done while being close to the sun or getting a sundipped shouldnt be listed as something that he is capable of.

I didnt say that they wouldnt give thanos a fight but I do know this, thor, surfer, and thanos have a lot of tricks in there sleeves that could drop the jla (magic, soul take over, bfr, telepath, astrol form, planet destroying blast, entrapement, all three of them have matter manipulation abilities), the jla is limited whereas most of the people on the teams is nothing but brutes and that wont be one of the things that would decide the win against the people on the marvel side.

Raoul
We know that the destroyer was powered by a asgardian god during the time he fought it and we also know of the destroyers powers that have yet to change over history, so its durability and powers must remain the same unless proven otherwise in a comic.

By the way, thor has always (powerwise and versatility) been>>> anyone on the jla except maybe a gl. every power that you can name for any jl member I could double it with thor. Thor by far is one of the most versatile people in this battle.

I never thought that anyone on the jla could beat thor but people gave him a lost saying that he isnt fast enough to overcome a lot of members on the jla due to him doing so in the past.

superman, orion, diana, j'onn, wally, any of those would have a definite chance against thor imo...

the crunch didnt empower surfer, he redirected it iirc, it isnt the same thing...

i think you are seriously underestimating the jla side here...

superman or orion couldnt destroy a planet? j'onn isnt a top class telepath? thats just three...

carver9
superman, orion, diana, j'onn, wally, any of those would have a definite chance against thor imo...

the crunch didnt empower surfer, he redirected it iirc, it isnt the same thing...

i think you are seriously underestimating the jla side here...

superman or orion couldnt destroy a planet? j'onn isnt a top class telepath? thats just three...

Im not saying that they wont have a chance against thor, its superman and wonderwoman that we're talking about, they would give almost anyone a good fight but I just dont think that they'll beat thor and if they did it wont be speed that gave them the win (even though I still dont see them winning).

I know the crunch didnt empower surfer but you still cant take away from the fact that surfer defeated them. Before the crunch he was giving them a fight, before the fight when he was going one on one with aegis, that is impressive enough since she is stated on being on the same level as galactus and surfer was soloing her.

Im not underestimating the jla, Im thinking like this, you have 3 powerhouses that have shown the ability to do almost anything, then you have a team that is powerful also but have fallen to less powerful beings. Then the three that is going against this team is almost next to impossible to take out by brute force. Now the team is packed full of people that use nothing but brute force and has a lot of weakness.

Superman is weak to kryptonite (something that silver surfer can conjur), he is also weak to tremendous blows (despero koed him with one hit, titus koed him with one hit, mongul one shotted him, Hawkman one shotted him, kalibak recently hit him with a powerful blow koing him.) and the team possess great strength and also has the ability to increase there strength. Superman is weak to magic (which thor carries a diesel full of, along with thanos) and hes weak to red sunlight (which surfer or thor could conjur).

Wonderwoman, electricity isnt a fan of hers and blasts isnt a fan of hers either along with blunt force, the team packs a great deal of that.

The problem comes from martian manhunter. He is one of the most versatile on the team but I think that anyone of team two has a way around the intagibility.

Gl, not even worried about them due to too many people breaking through there barriers like paper and I dont think that theyre shields would protect them long enough to survive a blast from either of the marvel team.

Good fight but I see marvel team pulling a majority.

Raoul
Orion?

carver9
Orion?

yes, I actually think that orion with the mother box could most definetely pull some wins against thor, maybe even a 50/50 or more, thats why I took the mother box out because orion is still a powerhouse without it. He almost beat superman and wonderwoman without the mother box and superman himself stated that an enraged orion would be unstoppable and orion wasnt even connected to the mother box when superman said that statement. Almost forgot, darksied also stated that superman and orion are equals when they were fighting against each other and in this fight orion was grounded.

carver9
Raoul, this is a good fight, if it wasnt for team two having so many tricks that they could depend on then I would most definetly give them the majority but team marvel versatility>>>>jla. Jla is packed with nothing but brutes whereas marvel have brute strength also, with a load of more things that they can do. Thor and silver surfer enemies alone are comparable to some of the enemies that it took the entire jla to take out and even comparable or more powerful then some of the enemies that have defeated the jla.

iceman24567
Thor isn't above Superman or Kyle thats a no....Team 1 still wins.

TricksterPriest
yes, I actually think that orion with the mother box could most definetely pull some wins against thor, maybe even a 50/50 or more, thats why I took the mother box out because orion is still a powerhouse without it. He almost beat superman and wonderwoman without the mother box and superman himself stated that an enraged orion would be unstoppable and orion wasnt even connected to the mother box when superman said that statement. Almost forgot, darksied also stated that superman and orion are equals when they were fighting against each other and in this fight orion was grounded.

Grounded. As in, not using his full power. He didn't use the AF and he stalemated Supes in a fistfight. That's pretty ****ing tough.

The MB doesn't amp him most of the time, it keeps him under control. Without it, he goes berserk. He's much stronger and crazier when he's in a killing rage.

Orion has never gone into a killing rage against Superman.

Mindset

I'm just wondering, maybe you have better vision than I do, but where in my post did I say Flash did not have a good healing factor?

Also him speeding up his cell division isn't good for him in the long term. Self-owning?

Acrosurge
Marvel uber team takes this. Any, single one of them could take a majority over any, individual member of the JLA. In Thanos's case, he could likely engage the entire team at once and hold out for a time. This is not Classic Thor and Classic Surfer (who could be stalemated by several members of the JLA). This is Current Thor and Current Surfer. They simply have too much power to be taken down quickly. And with Thanos backing them, the JLA won't have the power, time, or numbers to take them out.

dvampire
Mavel Team loses. Use your brain Acro, and stop being bias. They only win in your mind if they are complete idiots.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Marvel uber team takes this. Any, single one of them could take a majority over any, individual member of the JLA. In Thanos's case, he could likely engage the entire team at once and hold out for a time. This is not Classic Thor and Classic Surfer (who could be stalemated by several members of the JLA). This is Current Thor and Current Surfer. They simply have too much power to be taken down quickly. And with Thanos backing them, the JLA won't have the power, time, or numbers to take them out. Current Thor fought the Derstroyer nd Ironman....That does not make him above Kyle or Superman. The Jla puts a hurt on Marvel.

Bouboumaster
Current Thor fought the Derstroyer nd Ironman....That does not make him above Kyle or Superman. The Jla puts a hurt on Marvel.

Dude... He don't have fought Iron Man. He OWNED Iron Man with ease!
And do you know what the Destroyer is? We are not talking about Drax! We are talking about the golem that can put a fight against celestials!

Any one of team Marvel can destroyer any member of team dc in one on one. And in Thanos's case, he can beat the crap of nearly all the team in same time. Hell, he could one-shot anyone minus what? Superman?

123KID
Thanos can take out several of the team before any one of them could hope to defeat Thor
lol @ Wonder Woman beating him
there's also teh very vialbe mindrape option for Thanos on whichever JLA member he wants

Superboy Prime
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Dude... He don't have fought Iron Man. He OWNED Iron Man with ease!
And do you know what the Destroyer is? We are not talking about Drax! We are talking about the golem that can put a fight against celestials!

Any one of team Marvel can destroyer any member of team dc in one on one. And in Thanos's case, he can beat the crap of nearly all the team in same time. Hell, he could one-shot anyone minus what? Superman?

No problem with the Destroyer fight...but Supes, Diana, Jonn etc. can pawn Iron Man with ease as well.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
No problem with the Destroyer fight...but Supes, Diana, Jonn etc. can pawn Iron Man with ease as well.

Oh, I'm sure.
But the Destroyer, THAT'S impressive!

ultimatethor

I never said that surfer kicked their ass, surfer almost died during that fight but that dont change the fact that he beat them. If it wasnt for surfer, even though he SUMMONED the crunch (he did this himself, didnt need any help, so he basically beat them.) that doesnt mean that he didnt beat them. If you are saying that, you are basically saying that the people and the feats that superman has done while being close to the sun or getting a sundipped shouldnt be listed as something that he is capable of.

I didnt say that they wouldnt give thanos a fight but I do know this, thor, surfer, and thanos have a lot of tricks in there sleeves that could drop the jla (magic, soul take over, bfr, telepath, astrol form, planet destroying blast, entrapement, all three of them have matter manipulation abilities), the jla is limited whereas most of the people on the teams is nothing but brutes and that wont be one of the things that would decide the win against the people on the marvel side.

Very true, the marvel team has an extremely wide array of ways to take the jla down while aside maybe the gl, most of the jla members are most powerful when they attack physically and unfortunately the members of the marvel team have shown that they are able to take enormous amounts of physical punishment and still keep on coming.
IMO thanos can destroy half of this team himself( and 2 or 3 of those would be one shots) fast enough to help surfer and thor if they need it
thereby ending d fight

carver9
Originally posted by Acrosurge
Marvel uber team takes this. Any, single one of them could take a majority over any, individual member of the JLA. In Thanos's case, he could likely engage the entire team at once and hold out for a time. This is not Classic Thor and Classic Surfer (who could be stalemated by several members of the JLA). This is Current Thor and Current Surfer. They simply have too much power to be taken down quickly. And with Thanos backing them, the JLA won't have the power, time, or numbers to take them out.

good post

carver9
Current Thor fought the Derstroyer nd Ironman....That does not make him above Kyle or Superman. The Jla puts a hurt on Marvel.

Ohhh, so thats the only impressive thing that he does huh.
revives asgard along with villians acros the globe.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Thor06pg017.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Thor06pg018.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Thor06pg019.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Thor06pg020.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Thor06pg021.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Thor06pg022.jpg

Thor owning durok the demolisher, a being that has basically being established as indestructible.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/BetaThor1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/BetaThor2.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/BetaThor3.jpg

Or thor could always do this.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/The_Infinity_Gauntlet_06-41.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/The_Infinity_Gauntlet_06-42.jpg

iceman24567
Ohhh, so thats the only impressive thing that he does huh.
revives asgard along with villians acros the globe.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Thor06pg017.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Thor06pg018.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Thor06pg019.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Thor06pg020.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Thor06pg021.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/Thor06pg022.jpg

Thor owning durok the demolisher, a being that has basically being established as indestructible.
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/BetaThor1.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/BetaThor2.jpg
http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/Thor%20Feats/BetaThor3.jpg

Or thor could always do this.
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/The_Infinity_Gauntlet_06-41.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Thor/The_Infinity_Gauntlet_06-42.jpg So reviving people makes him a match for Superman or Kyle? no expression. I agree Thor is powerful he is my second favorite comic character of all time but Kyle and Superman are way faster than Thanos. Kyles shields would hold against Thors hammer. Thor would get a solid majority over Superman and i put Kyle above Superman i know some people would disagree with that but whatever.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.