Magus (Technarchy) vs Hank Henshaw

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptainStoic
Who wins?

Magus (Technarchy)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Magus_%28Technarchy%29

Hank Henshaw

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hank_Henshaw

Phantom Zone
Lol I was actually thinking of making this thread.

Galan007
Henshaw ftw.

Just because Magus was enormous, doesn't change the fact that it was almost entirely composed of tech -- and controlling a plethora of tech, is Henshaw's forte.

CaptainStoic
Couldn't Magus assimilate Henshaw?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by CaptainStoic

hysterical Oh wait.....was that actually a serious question? stick out tongue

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
hysterical Oh wait.....was that actually a serious question? stick out tongue

Yep!

Roldz
Curbstomp i think.. Magus gets assimilated...

Papa Smurph
Magus would annihilate Hank Henshaw.

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Papa Smurph
Magus would annihilate Hank Henshaw.

Based on what? no expression

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by CaptainStoic

Did Magus ever assimilate a technopath?

Galan007
Based on what? no expression Bias?

Papa Smurph

Samething Henshaw winning is based on.

psycho gundam
the technarks are like the borg, assimilating is their forte also, plus magus was like the king of their race or something right? he was the strongest of them all and had the power to rip a star in half and hurl said star.

Papa Smurph
Doesn't change the fact that Hank Henshaw somehow has better control over the Magus's body then the Magus himself.

Don't really know what that's based on

but I suspect terms like Source Wall to be used.

Bad Ash231

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/HAL10WEEN/Halloween-2006-18.jpg

Symmetric Chaos
Accoring to Wiki Xavier shutdown Magus? I would think that technopathy would be capable of doing that more effectively.

leonidas
that's inaccurate, sym. shan possessed magus momentarily then doug and warlock merged and entered magus's mind so they could reprogram him. (warlock is sorta magus's bane and magus fears what warlock will become . . .) not sure xavier really did much at all in that fight. erm

while on earth magus was said to be holding back for fear of drawing the attention of others who 'rivalled' his power. those others being the watcher, galactus, odin/zeus or the celestials. no expression

he is not 'tech' per se, but techno-ORGANIC. his body operates LIKE a machine, but it does not mean it IS a machine. the true nature if t-o entities is still a mystery far as i know.

with that in mind, there is no guarantee at all hank could control magus in any way. it IS entirely possible that the transmode virus COULD affect henshaw though as part of him (his mind) is (i believe) still organic. as far as who has better control over tech?

not sure, but magus IS a dimensional conqueror and ruler and as i said, marvel has alluded to his being in or near the galactus-class. he's also grown large enough to rip a star in 2 with his hands and throw part of it through space. at that size, he'd be too big even for henshaw to handle, though i'm not sure what magus could do to henshaw. maybe hurl the entire planet they are fighting on into the nearest star?

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by leonidas
that's inaccurate, sym. shan possessed magus momentarily then doug and warlock merged and entered magus's mind so they could reprogram him. (warlock is sorta magus's bane and magus fears what warlock will become . . .) not sure xavier really did much at all in that fight. erm

while on earth magus was said to be holding back for fear of drawing the attention of others who 'rivalled' his power. those others being the watcher, galactus, odin/zeus or the celestials. no expression

he is not 'tech' per se, but techno-ORGANIC. his body operates LIKE a machine, but it does not mean it IS a machine. the true nature if t-o entities is still a mystery far as i know.

with that in mind, there is no guarantee at all hank could control magus in any way. it IS entirely possible that the transmode virus COULD affect henshaw though as part of him (his mind) is (i believe) still organic. as far as who has better control over tech?

not sure, but magus IS a dimensional conqueror and ruler and as i said, marvel has alluded to his being in or near the galactus-class. he's also grown large enough to rip a star in 2 with his hands and throw part of it through space. at that size, he'd be too big even for henshaw to handle, though i'm not sure what magus could do to henshaw. maybe hurl the entire planet they are fighting on into the nearest star?

Well now that's an argument.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Well now that's an argument.

It sure as hell is.

WrathfulDwarf
Henshaw is a computer god.

Hank ftw.

leonidas
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

Hank ftw.

magus is NOT a computer. your point?

Papa Smurph
I think people just come into topics and post the name they recognise as the winner.

Newjak
Ten Bucks says someone
*coughbatdudecough*

comes in here and talks about henshaw taking control a portion of the source wall stick out tongue

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Newjak
Ten Bucks says someone
*coughbatdudecough*

comes in here and talks about henshaw taking control a portion of the source wall stick out tongue

Uni beat you to that joke.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

Hank ftw. no, michael korvac is and the difference in power between the two is laughable

Avlon
The source wall is not a computer and is populated by godlike beings.

Guardians, New Gods, and Kryptonians have the best tech around and it's childsplay to Henshaw.

I don't see anything that Magus can do that Eradicator can't in some way shape, or form.

Henshaw ftw.

leonidas
Originally posted by Avlon
The source wall is not a computer and is populated by godlike beings.

it's a fair point. but my point stands -- there is no way to know henshaw could affect magus. he's NOT tech. he's a combination, different from tech and organic. is there a chance hank could control him? sure, there's a chance. but there is an equal chance that he couldn't. smile imo, there is a better chance magus could affect hank (who is 'pure' tech), than there is of hank affecting magus who is something OTHER than tech. and again, the t-o virus would be able to affect hank's mind. erm

he can assume a mass greater than a star. no expression that's . . . really big. if magus LITERALLY hurled the entire planet they were fighting on into a star it would be tough for henshaw to evacuate. magus could also open a dimensional portal and perhaps get a win via bfr.

if hank can't affect magus directly, (again, he MAY be able to do so, but the reverse is also almost certainly true) there's no way henshaw could take him out, imo.

meh, my point in dropping by was just to say i don't think this is anywhere near as cut and dry as some first believed. smile

Avlon
it's a fair point. but my point stands -- there is no way to know henshaw could affect magus. he's NOT tech. he's a combination, different from tech and organic. is there a chance hank could control him? sure, there's a chance. but there is an equal chance that he couldn't. smile imo, there is a better chance magus could affect hank (who is 'pure' tech), than there is of hank affecting magus who is something OTHER than tech. and again, the t-o virus would be able to affect hank's mind. erm

Hank has morphed non-tech things such as alien bodies, the source wall, children's toys (both simple and mechanical) walls, glass, and even an interdimensional prison meant to hold him specifically, etc...

The virus thing is not a problem. Willhunters. Telepathic plugs, the fact that Henshaw can scan and create an opponents weakness on the fly.

Hanks mind is a virus onto it's own. An immortal, intelligent, adapting, virus that can't be killed.

can assume a mass greater than a star. no expression that's . . . really big. if magus LITERALLY hurled the entire planet they were fighting on into a star it would be tough for henshaw to evacuate. magus could also open a dimensional portal and perhaps get a win via bfr.

if hank can't affect magus directly, (again, he MAY be able to do so, but the reverse is also almost certainly true) there's no way henshaw could take him out, imo.

meh, my point in dropping by was just to say i don't think this is anywhere near as cut and dry as some first believed. smile

Magus would need time to do such a thing... Hank can become one with a planet and create warworld's with incredible power as well. He can assume mass as well. It's in his powerset.

Eradicator has the power to destroy a star as well and is literally limitless in power (as stated on panel) and is not exactly tech either but get's pwned by Hank on a regular basis. Erads has extremely powerful mind powers and T-vo as well. Technically, the Eradicator is not a machine either.

I do see that Magus has potential...I'm just not seeing anything that Henshaw hasn't conquered or pwned in some shape or form. Plus Magus has to deal with Henshaw's creation of power rings enhancing him further.

iceman24567
Hank based on how shitty the Jumper movie was no expression.

Sirius77
Henshaw. Hes the technopaths technopath.

Horrificus
Magus ftw.
He isn't just big. Come on guys. If you don't know anything about a character, ya aren't gonna be taken seriously.
He is a "Space God" on an abstract level. He just hasn't been used enough to be explored properly.
Hank is unbelievable, no doubt. But, Magus would take the majority.
In a lot of ways, Magus is just a higher level "Henshaw".

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.