Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FlappingMangera
Anyone else seen the preview for this?

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/21/

It's got a pretty good cast with Spacey, Fishburne and the guy from Across the Universe, Jim Sturgess. You'd be hard-pressed to have me turn down any movie involving poker or blackjack. It's actually going to be released pretty soon, too (28th) .

amlap
yup.... im excited... ive seen so many documentaries on those students and im actually really excited to see it hit the big screen.

=Tired Hiker=
Originally posted by FlappingMangera
Anyone else seen the preview for this?

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/21/

It's got a pretty good cast with Spacey, Fishburne and the guy from Across the Universe, Jim Sturgess. You'd be hard-pressed to have me turn down any movie involving poker or blackjack. It's actually going to be released pretty soon, too (28th) .

Hey, did you happen to see that one poker movie that came out last year with Drew Barrymore and Eric Bana, I forget the title, but I keep almost renting it, but then I'm like, "Oh, I'm just not sure." But if you've seen it, was it good?

ariwin
I am really interested in seeing 21. I heard it is based off the book "Bringing Down the House" and that was such an awesome book. I definitely recommend it if you are interested in gambling, math or have ever wonder how the "house always wins". I loved the book, so I am glad they made this movie. The cast seems awesome too! I always love anything that Kevin Spacey is in.

Tired Hiker , I think the movie you are talking about was calling "Lucky You" (w/ Drew Barrymore)...I don't know much about it, but it got 5.9/10 on IMDb.

FlappingMangera
I've never seen the Barrymore movie, though I was interested. I don't think it was in theaters near me or something.

I ended up reading the Ben Mezrich book ("Bringing Down the House" as ariwin mentioned) recently and it pumped me up even more to see this movie, great read. I tend to like probability and statistics too (baseball fan here) so learning about the probabilities and math involved in blackjack intrigues me. The preview showed some great suspense too, looking forward to the release.

regina414
Kevin Spacey is a good actor.

Mairuzu
Even though Jim Sturgess is in this, im going to pass.. maybe wait for it on dvd.

It doesnt interest me at all for some reason

ariwin
So- I caught a sneak preview of this movie last week and it was really good. I had never seen Jim Sturgess before, but the cast really worked well together. Kevin Spacey was good as usual and I never liked Kate Bosworth, but I think she won me over in this role. I liked the movie alot and now I am reading the book!

chillmeistergen
I'm quite a keen gambler, more poker than anything else. But I'm also a massive Spacey fan, so yeah, I'll definitely be watching this.

=Tired Hiker=
I'm going to play Texas Hold'm tomorrow since my wife is out of town for one more day. I also want to see this 21 movie, even though it's about black jack which I do not prefer.

chillmeistergen
Have you seen Rounders?

Selphie
It's got the two guys from American Beauty, so I'm naturally interested, even though I know nothing of poker.

awsumdave
I just saw this a couple days ago. It really surprised me. I didn't think a movie about card playing could be so good!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.