Silver Sufer vs Black Racer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

QBoy45
Jus throwin it out there, i know the HUGH majority!!

TricksterPriest
Spite. Black Racer wins.

guy222
BR

leonidas
what exactly could ss do to him? confused

he'd need some pis to get out of this one. erm

quanchi112
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Spite. Black Racer wins. Could you show me some Black Racer scans of him crushing opponents in battle please.

Laminator_X
Dudes, the Racer has Skis!. There are two of them, and they're pointy. The surfer only has one board, and it's much less pointy. Plut, everybody knows that skiers go much faster and catch more air than surfers.

Please.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Dudes, the Racer has Skis!. There are two of them, and they're pointy. The surfer only has one board, and it's much less pointy. Plut, everybody knows that skiers go much faster and catch more air than surfers.

Please. I never knew you had this sarcastic side to you friend. wink

Galan007
If a white dude took BR's position -- would he still be referred to as the 'Black' Racer? mmm

Soljer
Originally posted by Galan007
If a white dude took BR's position -- would he still be referred to as the 'Black' Racer? mmm

Racist.

(Love the sig, by the way. Quite retro.)

Galan007
Originally posted by Soljer
Racist.

(Love the sig, by the way. Quite retro.) Thanks. big grin

Fleischer's Superman rocked.

QBoy45
Jus makin sure they everybody knows that SS and BR were created by the same person right?! jus wonderin?! and give SS some cred!! come on!!

TricksterPriest
We know. And we're giving SS as much credit as this merits. The Black Racer is the New God avatar of death. He's so far beyond SS, it's a joke.

QBoy45
im jus sayin all!! like dont jus clown SS, jus give give him a fightin chance!! lol!! i jus always like the underdog, even if i know they would not win, i gotta defend them!! lol!!

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by QBoy45
im jus sayin all!! like dont jus clown SS, jus give give him a fightin chance!! lol!! i jus always like the underdog, even if i know they would not win, i gotta defend them!! lol!!

No. No chance. Not against this level of power. Surfer HASN'T GOT A PRAYER. End of story. no

quanchi112
We know. And we're giving SS as much credit as this merits. The Black Racer is the New God avatar of death. He's so far beyond SS, it's a joke. Still waiting on the scans showcasing Black Racers awesome power. smile

TricksterPriest
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u43/Galan007/genesisbox.jpg

How about death of the universe, schmuck? doped

QBoy45
sorry i dont have anything, maybe someone else does!!

QBoy45
And im a say Silver Sufer could win this match up!! yeah thats right i said it!!

quanchi112

How about death of the universe, schmuck? doped Who did he defeat in battle here? laughing out loud

QBoy45
But wait, in Darkseid Vs. Galactus, Silver Sufer talked Black Racer out of takin Orions life!! lol!! hhhha!!

darthgoober

How about death of the universe, schmuck? doped
I don't get why that "feat" is supposed to be impressive. BR didn't destroy the Universe or anything, he just stood there. If Thor did something similar and Hela were standing beside Thor, I'm sure she'd make a statement very similar to BR's and if Zeus died there'd likely be a comment on his meeting Pludo...

QBoy45
yeah i dont really get that either, it didnt show his powers at all!! lol!!

quanchi112
Originally posted by darthgoober
I don't get why that "feat" is supposed to be impressive. BR didn't destroy the Universe or anything, he just stood there. If Thor did something similar and Hela were standing beside Thor, I'm sure she'd make a statement very similar to BR's and if Zeus died there'd likely be a comment on his meeting Pludo... Thats exactly what I think....this doesnt showcase his powers at all.

Soljer
Surfer wins - at least til Trick can come up with something SOMEWHAT relevant.

batdude123
Black Racer.

Come on, guys. Seriously...

DestinyGuy678
I remember in worlds at war he takes a punc hfrom superman that cracks a large portion of the planet....dunno if that helps at all though

Mr. Slippyfist
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/SupermanManofSteel11604.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/SupermanManofSteel11605.jpg

Galan007
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/SupermanManofSteel11604.jpg
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/SupermanManofSteel11605.jpg Sorry,
I just don't see Surfer being able to do anything like that to Supes..

srug

King_Mungi
Sorry,
I just don't see Surfer being able to do anything like that to Supes..

srug

Cosigned, there's a reason all the New Gods fear Black Racer

Also Trick's arguements do more harm then good erm

Symmetric Chaos
http://i265.photobucket.com/albums/ii236/Syms_Photos/NewGods03-21.jpg

shock_erm

quanchi112
Originally posted by King_Mungi

Also Trick's arguements do more harm then good erm laughing out loud

I am not saying that the Black Racer cant win but I really havent seen him do much combat wise.

guy222
BR FTW

QBoy45
SS is not really the volient type, but he would beat somebodys ace if he needed to!!

QBoy45

Also Trick's arguements do more harm then good erm

did u ever think that maybe they fear him cause hes THE GOD OF DEATH?!

King_Mungi
Originally posted by QBoy45
did u ever think that maybe they fear him cause hes THE GOD OF DEATH?!

*Ding* We have a winner, of course that's why and they know they can't fight him

Also God of Death? Errr? He's the New Gods Grim Reaper, like Deathurge/Doorman if you will in the Marvel Universe and they too use skis and poles.

quanchi112
*Ding* We have a winner, of course that's why and they know they can't fight him

Also God of Death? Errr? He's the New Gods Grim Reaper, like Deathurge/Doorman if you will in the Marvel Universe and they too use skis and poles. Does Black Racer have any other combat feats?

King_Mungi
Originally posted by quanchi112
Does Black Racer have any other combat feats?

Don't recall, was never a fan

quanchi112
Don't recall, was never a fan Hes not that cool imo either. But he does just seem like he shows up to collect the dead. He seems powerful but to gauge his level of power seems arduous to say the least.

Symmetric Chaos
I recall a simulacrum of the BlackRacer taking on the combined forces of Apokolips and NewGenesis.

TricksterPriest
He's the new god avatar of death, what more do you need to know? He's obviously way beyond herald or trans level.

Lightray for example, was scared shitless of Black Racer. Originally posted by Rorschach
The Black Racer easily keeps up with Lightray, who is flying at the speed of light.

http://i83.imagethrust.com/t/1284446/newgods0303.jpg

Lightray creates a new Sun. The Black Racer passes right through it.

http://i84.imagethrust.com/t/1284447/newgods0308.jpg

Metron creates a opens up a Boom Tube, and says he is Master of Time and Space with his Mobius Chair.

http://i83.imagethrust.com/t/1284448/newgods0309.jpg

The Black Racer has Cosmic Instincts.

http://i83.imagethrust.com/t/1284449/newgods0315.jpg

King Kandy
He's the new god avatar of death, what more do you need to know?
That's meaningless, Pluto is the God of Death but even with Ares' help, WM Thor beat the shit out of him.

Soljer
Flying at the speed of light and passing through suns is suddenly something that the Surfer doesn't do....

ALL the damned time?

TricksterPriest
Pluto doesn't make every other member of the pantheon scared when he comes around. 2nd, Metron is the only guy (besides I think Supes) who has ever stopped Black Racer from claiming someone. He always gets a victim.

King Kandy
Pluto doesn't make every other member of the pantheon scared when he comes around. 2nd, Metron is the only guy (besides I think Supes) who has ever stopped Black Racer from claiming someone. He always gets a victim.
The Flash once outraced Black Racer.

Anyway I never said Pluto>Black Racer, but it does destroy your "he's an avatar of death so obviously he wins" argument.

janus77
didn't Surfer beat DeathUrge?

darthgoober
I thought Flash and Fastbak have both gotten away from him too?

Soljer

Always.

Without fail.

Except for anyone that Superman wants to protect.

Or someone Metron guards.

Or someone that's fast.

Or...

batdude123
Surfer loses. smile

King Kandy
How tough can Black Racer be if he gets floored by Cyborg?

http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=c28casualtiesofwarflashourworl2.jpg

batdude123
What a retarded statement.

I guess it's almost as embarrassing as getting knocked out by a brick to the dome piece.

darthgoober
Originally posted by batdude123
What a retarded statement.

I guess it's almost as embarrassing as getting knocked out by a brick to the dome piece.
You do realize that Surfer was actually depowered during that period right?

Soljer

Don't you bring ****ing context into this!

Symmetric Chaos

Which is the problem. He always gets a victim, it's not always the victim he's after.

For example, Vykin's mother prevented the BlackRacer from killing Orion.

batdude123

Okay, obviously you didn't get the point I was making.

I guess the words "brick" and "Surfer" in the same sentence blinded you.

Would you prefer if I said Superman ko'd by a gas station?

darthgoober
Okay, obviously you didn't get the point I was making.

I guess the words "brick" and "Surfer" in the same sentence blinded you.

Would you prefer if I said Superman ko'd by a gas station?
Supes's gas station is also different than the Black Racer incident because Supes(like Surfer) was actually less powerful at that time than he is now. You see the Black Racer/Cyborg incident is an admitted low showing, but it still gets factored into the average because it's still relevant to his current character(unless he too received some upgrade I'm unaware of). The Surfer/Brick and Supes/gas station incidents on the other hand are for all intents and purposes irrelevant(because it's been well established that they're a fair share more powerful now than they were then) so those showings SHOULDN'T get factored into the average.

spidey-dude
If a white dude took BR's position -- would he still be referred to as the 'Black' Racer? mmm does jackson count ?

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by King Kandy
The Flash once outraced Black Racer.

Anyway I never said Pluto>Black Racer, but it does destroy your "he's an avatar of death so obviously he wins" argument.

Black Flash. Different avatar.

batdude123
Supes's gas station is also different than the Black Racer incident because Supes(like Surfer) was actually less powerful at that time than he is now. You see the Black Racer/Cyborg incident is an admitted low showing, but it still gets factored into the average because it's still relevant to his current character(unless he too received some upgrade I'm unaware of). The Surfer/Brick and Supes/gas station incidents on the other hand are for all intents and purposes irrelevant(because it's been well established that they're a fair share more powerful now than they were then) so those showings SHOULDN'T get factored into the average.

And once again, you don't get it. If Black Racer deems himself untouchable on the physical plane... he is. Period. Nothing can phase him. The showing with Cyborg should be factored into nothing. Or, it should be factored into this about as much as Surfer getting KO'd by a brick. IE not at all.

King Kandy
Black Flash. Different avatar.
No, he also outraced the black racer. He's outraced both of them.

darthgoober
And once again, you don't get it. If Black Racer deems himself untouchable on the physical plane... he is. Period. Nothing can phase him. The showing with Cyborg should be factored into nothing. Or, it should be factored into this about as much as Surfer getting KO'd by a brick. IE not at all.
Can't the same be said of anyone with the power of intangibility?

batdude123
Can't the same be said of anyone with the power of intangibility?

"Deems himself untouchable" is a nice way of saying that the Cyborg incident was a case of the writer not acknowledging or having no previous knowledge of Black Racer's powers. smile

darthgoober
"Deems himself untouchable" is a nice way of saying that the Cyborg incident was a case of the writer not acknowledging or having no previous knowledge of Black Racer's powers. smile
Well then where's it been established that he's "untouchable"? Do you seriously mean that pretty much NO ONE has ever hurt the BR?

batdude123
Goob, it's like trying to hit an idea or a concept.

darthgoober
Why because he's the "God" of Death? Should we take that same liberty with Pluto, Hela, Walker, etc.? Now if he's only been tagged successfully by a couple of times that's one thing(as it could easily be attributed to bad writing), but if he's been tagged more than that and your case is based off of how powerful Cyborg is in comparison with how powerful BR is SUPPOSED to be then I have to disagree as that falls under the heading of "low showing" IMO.

batdude123
Why because he's the "God" of Death? Should we take that same liberty with Pluto, Hela, Walker, etc.? Now if he's only been tagged successfully by a couple of times that's one thing(as it could easily be attributed to bad writing), but if he's been tagged more than that and your case is based off of how powerful Cyborg is in comparison with how powerful BR is SUPPOSED to be then I have to disagree as that falls under the heading of "low showing" IMO.

He has no corporeal form. He's an avatar of death, not a god.

darthgoober
He has no corporeal form. He's an avatar of death, not a god.
So how many people have tagged him to your knowledge?

batdude123
So how many people have tagged him to your knowledge?

To my knowledge that's the only time I've seen Racer tagged like that.

darthgoober
To my knowledge that's the only time I've seen Racer tagged like that.
What do you mean "like that"?

King Kandy

Black Racer can be hurt, you're just making stuff up now.

http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=c28casualtiesofwarflashourworl3.jpg

batdude123
I've never seen him touched or affected by anything outside of the Source who turned him into what he is.

batdude123
Black Racer can be hurt, you're just making stuff up now.

http://img237.imageshack.us/my.php?image=c28casualtiesofwarflashourworl3.jpg

It's in the exact same comic, moron. erm

King Kandy
Still happened, bub. Getting hurt twice in the same comic. Disgraceful. Guess Black Racer isn't all that is he?

batdude123
Your argument is laughable. smile

darthgoober
I've never seen him touched or affected by anything outside of the Source who turned him into what he is.
Wow, cool. BR sounds like a character I should check out. Thanks for the info smile .

batdude123
Wow, cool. BR sounds like a character I should check out. Thanks for the info smile .

No problem.

King Kandy
'cept Flash and Cyborg.

Superboy Prime
Still happened, bub. Getting hurt twice in the same comic. Disgraceful. Guess Black Racer isn't all that is he?

That's like claiming Surfer isn't all that he is IF he got in a figure 4 leg lock by Black Panther after the arm incident in the same comic book.

Or how about the time Supes was manhandled by Venom more than once in that laughable crossover.

It is still the same writter isn't it?

Since I don't know much about BR I do not claim he beats Surfer or anything, but I just found that statement a bit odd.

King Kandy
Your argument is laughable. smile
Hey, i'm not the one who's disregarding all his low showings.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
That's like claiming Surfer isn't all that he is IF he got in a figure 4 leg lock by Black Panther after the arm incident in the same comic book.

Or how about the time Supes was manhandled by Venom more than once in that laughable crossover.

It is still the same writter isn't it?

Though I don't know much about BR I do not claim he beats Surfer or anything, but I just found that statement a bit odd.
Would make sense but those guys all have showings that make those instances ridiculous, no one in this thread has shown Black Racer doing anything to impressive.

darthgoober
Does anyone know of any BR appearances other than these?

Jun/Jul 1971:
The New Gods (1971) #3 - 'Death is the Black Racer !'

September 1971:
The New Gods (1971) #4 - 'O'Ryan Gang And The Deep Six'

Apr/May 1972:
The New Gods (1971) #8

Oct/Nov 1972:
The New Gods (1971) #11

Nov/Dec 1976:
Secret Society of Super-Villains (1976) #4 - 'When Thieves Fall Out...'

Jan/Feb 1977:
Secret Society of Super-Villains (1976) #5 - 'Endgame!'

May 1985:
Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe (1985) #3 - 'Black Lightning to Byth'

1986:
History of the DC Universe (1986) #2

1988:
History of the DC Universe (1986) HC

September 1989:
Superman (1987) #35 - 'Visions of Grandeur'

November 1989:
The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe - Update '89 (1989) #6 - 'Prowler to Serpent Society'

August 1990:
Action Comics (1938) #656 - 'Going to Blazes'
The New Gods (1989) #19 - 'Homecoming!'

September 1990:
Adventures of Superman, The (1987) #470 - '...Like a Woman Scorned!'

December 1991:
War of the Gods (1991) #4 (Newsstand version) - 'In The Beginning... There Was The End'

January 1996:
Mister Miracle (1996) #1 - 'Stone walls do not a prison make'

May 1996:
Mister Miracle (1996) #2 - '...nor iron bars a jail.'

June 1996:
Mister Miracle (1996) #3

July 1996:
Mister Miracle (1996) #4

August 1996:
Mister Miracle (1996) #5

September 1996:
Mister Miracle (1996) #6

October 1996:
Mister Miracle (1996) #7

2001:
History of the DC Universe (1986) TPB

September 2001:
Superman: The Man of Steel (1991) #116 - 'Chest Deep In Heroes' Blood'

October 2001:
Impulse (1995) #77 - 'Split Decision'
Young Justice (1998) #36 - 'Kissing on the Apokolips'

November 2001:
Superman: The Man of Steel (1991) #118 - 'Time and Punishment'

2004:
The DC Comics Encyclopedia (2004) HC - 'The DC Comics Encyclopedia'

December 2007:
Death of the New Gods (2007) #1 - 'So Begins...THE END'
Death of the New Gods (2007) #1 (Ryan Sook Variant) - 'So Begins...THE END'

Superboy Prime
Concur.

darthgoober
Damn bottem of the page...

Does anyone know of any BR appearances other than these?

Jun/Jul 1971:
The New Gods (1971) #3 - 'Death is the Black Racer !'

September 1971:
The New Gods (1971) #4 - 'O'Ryan Gang And The Deep Six'

Apr/May 1972:
The New Gods (1971) #8

Oct/Nov 1972:
The New Gods (1971) #11

Nov/Dec 1976:
Secret Society of Super-Villains (1976) #4 - 'When Thieves Fall Out...'

Jan/Feb 1977:
Secret Society of Super-Villains (1976) #5 - 'Endgame!'

May 1985:
Who's Who: The Definitive Directory of the DC Universe (1985) #3 - 'Black Lightning to Byth'

1986:
History of the DC Universe (1986) #2

1988:
History of the DC Universe (1986) HC

September 1989:
Superman (1987) #35 - 'Visions of Grandeur'

November 1989:
The Official Handbook of the Marvel Universe - Update '89 (1989) #6 - 'Prowler to Serpent Society'

August 1990:
Action Comics (1938) #656 - 'Going to Blazes'
The New Gods (1989) #19 - 'Homecoming!'

September 1990:
Adventures of Superman, The (1987) #470 - '...Like a Woman Scorned!'

December 1991:
War of the Gods (1991) #4 (Newsstand version) - 'In The Beginning... There Was The End'

January 1996:
Mister Miracle (1996) #1 - 'Stone walls do not a prison make'

May 1996:
Mister Miracle (1996) #2 - '...nor iron bars a jail.'

June 1996:
Mister Miracle (1996) #3

July 1996:
Mister Miracle (1996) #4

August 1996:
Mister Miracle (1996) #5

September 1996:
Mister Miracle (1996) #6

October 1996:
Mister Miracle (1996) #7

2001:
History of the DC Universe (1986) TPB

September 2001:
Superman: The Man of Steel (1991) #116 - 'Chest Deep In Heroes' Blood'

October 2001:
Impulse (1995) #77 - 'Split Decision'
Young Justice (1998) #36 - 'Kissing on the Apokolips'

November 2001:
Superman: The Man of Steel (1991) #118 - 'Time and Punishment'

2004:
The DC Comics Encyclopedia (2004) HC - 'The DC Comics Encyclopedia'

December 2007:
Death of the New Gods (2007) #1 - 'So Begins...THE END'
Death of the New Gods (2007) #1 (Ryan Sook Variant) - 'So Begins...THE END'

batdude123
So basically, Kandy, you're making statements out of complete ignorance of Black Racer. Can't say it surprises me.

You're using one single PIS-filled dumbass comic as the be-all-end-all of Black Racer's abilities when there are tons of comics that prove you wrong.

Black Racer is a manifestation of death. You can't hurt him on the physical plane.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/Superman/SupermanManofSteel11605.jpg

http://i84.imagethrust.com/images/5o8T/view-image/newgods-03--08.html

End of story.

Soljer
Damn bottem of the page...

I believe he appeared in seven soldiers.

King Kandy
So basically, Kandy, you're making statements out of complete ignorance of Black Racer. Can't say it surprises me.

You're using one single PIS-filled dumbass comic as the be-all-end-all of Black Racer's abilities when there are tons of comics that prove you wrong.

Black Racer is a manifestation of death. You can't hurt him on the physical plane.

http://i84.imagethrust.com/images/5o8T/view-image/newgods-03--08.html

End of story.
Well i've yet to see you provide ONE comic that proves me wrong. So Black Racer can knock superman back and fly through a star, so what? Surfer can easily replicate those feats. You can't claim that he is impossible to hurt when he has been hurt on panel.

batdude123
Well i've yet to see you provide ONE comic that proves me wrong. So Black Racer can knock superman back and fly through a star, so what? Surfer can easily replicate those feats. You can't claim that he is impossible to hurt when he has been hurt on panel.

Surely you jest, Kandy. Superman nearly died by contact with the Black Racer. He faced "black oblivion." He tried to punch him, but was spared from death while Black Racer had absolutely no signs of being affected. He might as well have felt a breath of wind for all the good it did.

He's an idea... a concept. He's the personification of death. You can't simply beat him by force on this physical plane. It's a ridiculous concept. Surfer doesn't have the means of defeating one such as Black Racer.

Symmetric Chaos
Radion! nuts

batdude123

Does not affect him, since he's not of New Genesian background.

King Kandy
Surely you jest, Kandy. Superman nearly died by contact with the Black Racer. He faced "black oblivion." He tried to punch him, but was spared from death while Black Racer had absolutely no signs of being affected. He might as well have felt a breath of wind for all the good it did.

He's an idea... a concept. He's the personification of death. You can't simply beat him by force on this physical plane. It's a ridiculous concept. Surfer doesn't have the means of defeating one such as Black Racer.
Well Superman must be a wimp then. After all, we've seen how it takes much more powerful heroes such as cyborg and Flash to beat the Black Racer. Those guys must be on a different level!

BTW, Dr. Strange beat Death herself, not just one avatar. Surfer can beat Black Racer, he has as much of a means as the Flash did. Black Racer isn't all that, i've proven that he can be hurt but you just wont accept it.

batdude123
Well Superman must be a wimp then.

Stopped reading. Clearly you're an idiot. This is from the same arc where Superman stalemated Darkseid, pwned numerous Imperiex Probes (the JLA had problems with just one), beat the shit out of a bunch of rogues easily, saved the universe, etc.

This doesn't hold any weight. Your arguments = failure on a grand scale.

King Kandy
Cyborg>Black Racer>Superman?

batdude123
Cyborg>Black Racer>Superman?

Cyborg>Black Racer>Superman = Darkseid>>>>>>Probes>>>JLA???

Btw, I just read the rest of your skanky-ass post...

Well Superman must be a wimp then. After all, we've seen how it takes much more powerful heroes such as cyborg and Flash to beat the Black Racer. Those guys must be on a different level!

Cyborg and Flash didn't defeat Black Racer. Where the **** did this come from? Idiocy?

BTW, Dr. Strange beat Death herself, not just one avatar.

Dr. Strange has the means to do things that Surfer does not. For example, call upon some of the most powerful abstracts in existence.

Surfer can beat Black Racer.

Prove it. smile

Black Racer isn't all that, i've proven that he can be hurt but you just wont accept it.

You've proven the ineptitude of a single writer. Nothing more, nothing less.

Well, I shouldn't say "nothing more." You've also proven how much of a dumbass you are.

King Kandy
Cyborg and Flash didn't defeat Black Racer. Where the **** did this come from? Idiocy?
Well okay, they never defeated Black Racer in combat, but they stopped him from reaching his target (which you said was impossible.)

Dr. Strange has the means to do things that Surfer does not. For example, call upon some of the most powerful abstracts in existence.
He didn't call on anything against Death.

Prove it. smile
He just blasts BR like Cyborg did, until BR runs away.

You've proven the ineptitude of a single writer. Nothing more, nothing less.

Well, I shouldn't say "nothing more." You've also proven how much of a dumbass you are.
Jesus, do scans even MEAN anything anymore? If you say Black Racer cannot be hurt, how can I possibly disprove it? Well logically, the best way to do it would be to show scans in which he has been hurt. "But no, that doesn't count!" you say!

Just what WOULD I have to show to win this argument?! Since evidently showing scans that directly prove my point isn't enough anymore.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.