EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 1-5; King Kandy vs id369

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evangel94

Badabing
Locked until 12PM Central Standard Time 3/8/08.

Badabing
It's on! w00t

King Kandy

id369

id369

id369

King Kandy
This is one wild plan you've got, but there are some fundamental flaws in both your plan and how it matches up with mine.

First off, you chose Jean Grey's body and amalgamated with it. Not her mind. There is no mind for you to mind link or Psychometric with. You can't get info out of her body with TP, it just doesn't work that way. Not that Jean Grey has perfect memory of being Phoenix in the first place, nor is the Phoenix a part of her to be restored by Psychometry, it is a different entity.

So Jean's body will store lots of energy. Yeah, so what? You still have to be able to access your true potential, no easy feat.

Then you psi-freeze the arena. Later in my post I will go over why that doesn't make a bit of difference in this match and was in fact a very bad move. But what I want to focus on is you tracking me during prep, while I am also prepping. You did not purchase the spy during prep ability, so this is illegal. You can only track me once the battle has started, not that you will be able to given I have shown the enormous amounts of TP I can dispel without effort.

You try to hide at me with TP tricks, but i'll just dispel them with my eye of Aggamoto and see right through you. You will be the one on the run, the eye saw through mind gem TP. Yours stands no chance.

Next, your Multi-form attack. You only back it up with statements, has Nate ever SHOWN the power to move stars? No, it's just someone's guess as to his potential, nothing substantiated. You even admit that the attack will be ineffective without the predicted power levels.

Then your telepathic godhood, which will not work. Only the Phoenix can provide it. Hank could get it because Jean Grey was Phoenix at the time. You didn't draft that Jean Grey, and so you aren't going to get her powers. All you'll get is a body without much at all. A human body that can store energy, but not provide any.

So, here's how the fight will go down in light of your strategy:

We both go to the battlefield, and you let off a psi-freeze. It will travel at 30 m/s. I, on the other hand, will be traveling at a minimum of 299,792,458 m/s, a good deal faster then any of your psychic attacks. Then I will BFR you to another dimension before you can even THINK of initiating another attack, and your psi-freeze will maybe have froze everything a millimeter away from your body by this point.

You may have increased in power (though that is in doubt), but you simply do not have the speed to do anything about my plan with your tiny little 30 m/s "freeze zone" that I could take a nap before it reached me. Your synapses just won't be moving fast enough for you to do anything telepathic (though I can dispel your telepathy as easy as Strange dispelled Warlock's.)

id369

id369

King Kandy

King Kandy

id369
Originally posted by King Kandy

So Jean's body will store lots of energy. Yeah, so what? You still have to be able to access your true potential, no easy feat.

Actually vary easy feat, in the mist of a battle with the Haverster that took over the 616 Earth, siphoning the energies from Planet and its inhabitants.
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/1702/nate2rm0.jpg

King Kandy

King Kandy
Originally posted by id369
Actually vary easy feat, in the mist of a battle with the Haverster that took over the 616 Earth, siphoning the energies from Planet and its inhabitants.
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/1702/nate2rm0.jpg
Uh huh. So he can... kill himself? Let's see him try and direct his potential OUTWARDS, at it's plodding 30 m/s speed.

id369
More power then Warlock w/ the IG? Because that's how much TP I can shrug off with the eye of Aggamoto. Strange is invulnerable in TP. Not so good at the offense, but his defense is unbeatable.

So yes, TK was used for the Phoenix feats, however it was the PHOENIX's TP, not Jean's. She was not using her own power, any idiot cans see that after becoming Phoenix she displayed greater levels of power, even though they are the same TYPE of power.

Adam Warlock was more of a poetic fight, then an actual fight. You really think that Dr. Strange can stand up to the Warlock with the IG in a serious TP fight? Then you have the fact that Dr. Strange struggled with Moon Dragon with the Mind Gem. Next alone the fact, that he was mind controlled by the Goddess with the Cosmic Egg, even though the Cosmic Egg is regarded inferior to the IG. Lastly all these claims coming from the classic Strange. When you and me both know that he is hardly at his classic level.

My Full potential rivals the Phoenix. As stated in the comic, my full potential rivals Richard Franklins full potential. That comment was strait from the writer sans Onslaught and Heroes Reborn ordeal. Their is no guess work, I am levels above you in raw power at hand.

id369

King Kandy
Adam Warlock was more of a poetic fight, then an actual fight. You really think that Dr. Strange can stand up to the Warlock with the IG in a serious TP fight? Then you have the fact that Dr. Strange struggled with Moon Dragon with the Mind Gem. Next alone the fact, that he was mind controlled by the Goddess with the Cosmic Egg, even though the Cosmic Egg is regarded inferior to the IG. Lastly all these claims coming from the classic Strange. When you and me both know that he is hardly at his classic level.

My Full potential rivals the Phoenix. As stated in the comic, my full potential rivals Richard Franklins full potential. That comment was strait from the writer sans Onslaught and Heroes Reborn ordeal. Their is no guess work, I am levels above you in raw power at hand.
To bad for you, all feats are allowed by the Strange I have drafted, as specified by Evangel. Dr. Strange easily beat Moon Dragon w/ mind gem WITHOUT his eye of Aggamoto. With it, he could fend off the IG mind gem. Now, when controlled by the Egg he didn't know he was being controlled, and never attempted to ward it off with the eye. But he's fighting two powerful telepaths here and will have it activated full-time.

The guy they asked had no clue who would win. He said they could be equal EVEN THOUGH Richards hasn't trained and Nate has. Therefore, at full potential Richards is far above Nate. And anyway, you cannot unlock this true potential (which doesn't have any feats anyway.)

id369
She has intertwined with one piece of another entity. Psychometry, what did it do? Meld the minds of various versions of the SAME PERSON together, not different people.

There is NO RECOLLECTION! You only have a BODY, not a mind, there is no consciousness in a BODY, it's like trying to read the mind of a rock! There's no mind to read! You are linking to nothing, not Jean and CERTAINLY not the Phoenix (a different entity.)

Psychometry is the ability to pick up psyonic imprints from the given object left from the body. Lucky me I have the actual body (the source of its psyonic imprints), with It use its psionic signature to reform the conscious with the mind link. And look, I did so effortlessly by just touching the vessel across realities.

King Kandy

King Kandy
Psychometry is the ability to pick up psyonic imprints from the given object left from the body. Lucky me I have the actual body (the source of its psyonic imprints), with It use its psionic signature to reform the conscious with the mind link. And look, I did so effortlessly by just touching the vessel across realities.
Ah, I see. So you will be able to pick up some flashbacks from Gene, and not get much info. That's good for me, and the Phoenix isn't even part of the equation. When he was scanning the house, he could only get bits and pieces of the info and not the whole picture, and those people were actually there... Phoenix isn't.

id369

id369

King Kandy

King Kandy

id369

id369
You mind link her "psionic Signature" with her mind... WHAT MIND? All you have is Nate in a girl's body, there is no second mind to link to.

Jean's mind can interlink with Phoenix, irrelevant since her mind is nowhere to be found. "Psychic Residue" to "Jean's Mind" to "Phoenix" is to big of a stretch for any rational person to believe, given he can't even pick up anything more then wisps with his Psychometry.

Ah yes, you can perform a mind link, if you have the psionic signature. Its with the psi signature that you link with the mind, and I am using Jean to meet ends.

Her psi-signature leads to her mind which intertwines with the Phoenix Conscious.

King Kandy

id369
Not at all. He said their powers may rival eachother (at the time of writing) but also says that Franklin is only in his infancy, but Nate has already had massive training.

Ok let me put this in lame terms since.
Their potential rival each other.
But currently Nate would win, since he is more battle experienced and Richard is a child.

Way to bend comments. In fact its not something I have debate or constantly rebute, the statement speaks for itself.

King Kandy
Ah yes, you can perform a mind link, if you have the psionic signature. Its with the psi signature that you link with the mind, and I am using Jean to meet ends.

Her psi-signature leads to her mind which intertwines with the Phoenix Conscious.
Would work if there was mind to connect to. There isn't, only Nate with boobs. A mind link requires multiple minds, but you only have Nate's. Her psi-signature doesn't lead to anything because there's no mind to link to.

You are trying to go from point A to point B when point B does not exist.

King Kandy
Ok let me put this in lame terms since.
Their potential rival each other.
But currently Nate would win, since he is more battle experienced and Richard is a child.

Way to bend comments. In fact its not something I have debate or constantly rebute, the statement speaks for itself.
His statement says they rival eachother, and that Franklin lacks training. Nothing about potential is ever stated, but if he thinks an untrained Franklin is a match for a trained Nate, it's obvious that in terms of potential Franklin>>>>>Nate.

id369
It will be to my benefit because it will keep you distracted using that attack which will take about a day relative to me to do anything, since it will only move out at 30 m/s.

My movements, and certainly not my speed of thought are anywhere near 30 m/s. Why you continue to place human limits, on an incorporeal being is beyond me.

Don't lie.

Ah my mistake I concede. I did track you down during prep time. Though with TK Godhood I cant really help it, I mean its on its like telling logan not pick up your scent by breathing or sniffing the air. Hence meaning of having Senses Expanded.

And yet she couldn't take out Jaf with the ENTIRE Phoenix. There are high showings and low ones.
That was Jean with mind Blocks, Racheal strait up blitz the Jaf.

id369

King Kandy
My movements, and certainly not my speed of thought are anywhere near 30 m/s. Why you continue to place human limits, on an incorporeal being is beyond me.
I never said you couldn't THINK faster then 30 m/s, it's that the speed at which your thoughts project out of your mind is 30 m/s (like how Thor was able to throw Mjolnir faster then the "thought waves" of some telepath could reach their target) it has nothing to do with your reaction time, and everything to do with how fast TP energy moves.

That was Jean with mind Blocks, Racheal strait up blitz the Jaf.
No, that's not true. Jean's mind blocks started effecting her AFTER the m'kraan crystal incident. She had no blocks but still failed to defeat Jaf.

King Kandy

id369
Nate: Whose Psi- Potential is unsurpassed in any reality. - X-Man 26

Nate has recently learned that the limitless psi power he wields is also destroying him - X-Man 29

he has powers that could one day remake reality - X-Man #53

The Worlds most powerful mutant telepath
A mutant of raw raging power, enough to consume all of reality in a moment
- X-Man #20

I could go on, but I think you get the point.

Through introduction, narration, on panel confirmation, and writer interpretation. Nate Grey has enormous powers to command at full Potential.

King Kandy
Whoopdeedoo. Not that this has anything to do with our match. His full potential won't help him here, especially since he can't activate it.

BTW, i'm wondering how id plans on defending himself from my BFR. You have said nothing on the subject, given that I simply run up and BFR you, there's nothing you CAN say. None of your attacks will ever get through.

id369

id369
Whoopdeedoo. Not that this has anything to do with our match. His full potential won't help him here, especially since he can't activate it.

BTW, i'm wondering how id plans on defending himself from my BFR. You have said nothing on the subject, given that I simply run up and BFR you, there's nothing you CAN say. None of your attacks will ever get through.
You see him mentioning, and activating his full powers at the end of issue 75.
He knew it would kill him, so he made the most use out of it. The key factor is that, he can willfully activate his full mutegenetic powers.

And BFR is a wasted move. Sure I cant remove you from the battlefield. But nothing implies I cant return to the battlefield. And Shaman X-Man is vary good at teleporting across realities.

King Kandy

King Kandy
At the end of the of issue 75 he activated his full power.

And BFR is a wasted move. Sure I cant remove you from the battlefield. But nothing implies I cant return to the battlefield. And Shaman X-Man is vary good at teleporting across realities.
Actually it's up to you to prove he CAN return, I don't need to prove a negative. Until you prove he can return from BFR, we assume he cannot.

id369
Actually it's up to you to prove he CAN return, I don't need to prove a negative. Until you prove he can return from BFR, we assume he cannot.
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/3238/xma6515om9.th.jpghttp://img81.imageshack.us/img81/3391/xma6516jn7.th.jpghttp://img406.imageshack.us/img406/637/xma6517vk3.th.jpg

King Kandy
Very good. But when he's in an unfamiliar dimension will he be able to just return home like that? Especially since he's bound by the crimson bands of Cytorrak which will prevent him from teleporting, and I could also "lock" the dimension and prevent him from leaving.

id369
Very good. But when he's in an unfamiliar dimension will he be able to just return home like that? Especially since he's bound by the crimson bands of Cytorrak which will prevent him from teleporting, and I could also "lock" the dimension and prevent him from leaving.

He can effortlessly come back to the reality he just left. There is no point in locking up the dimension, since I use my own means to breach through dimensional barriers or the fabric of time/space that divides realities.

You need to actually locate me first, yet the bands of Cytorrack where bested by Namor, Hulk (IRRC), and recently a Skrull. I dare say Shaman X-Man alone could break free, let alone my current amalgam character.

id369
I should be resting, to get ready for work. Mind you I only had 2 hrs of sleep.

I don't need to clock it because it's specified in the KMC RULES. If you really want, I could try and find that Thor scan where he outraces telepathy.

*Sigh*

The rules specify speed of thought, clocked on human standards. There is no human with motor function skills capable of atomizing matter instantly. Let alone physcic energy waves being clocked.

And it serves no purpose to dodge them since it will eventually spread out and effect the entire arena. So you are arguing a moot point.

Besides, energy speed in comics differ from person to person.
In here Nate reacts, and out lashes Jean psi attack when Jean took the pre-emptive strike.
http://img119.imageshack.us/img119/2976/xman02520tc2.th.jpg

Anyway, my point wasn't that Jaf>Phoenix, my point was that she has low showings as well as high ones, and you only acknowledge the high ones.
True however, you are ideally picking low end feats and disregard specifics. At this time Nate himself is much more mature and skilled in wielding his powers; as to a Jean Grey who now functions properly and is more self aware of her actions as the Phoenix then her former self in the Phoenix Saga. And Jean at the moment was worn out and inexperienced. These specifics make all the difference.

King Kandy
He can effortlessly come back to the reality he just left. There is no point in locking up the dimension, since I use my own means to breach through dimensional barriers or the fabric of time/space that divides realities.
confused... That's kind of the REASON I would lock the dimension, to PREVENT you from leaving. You think i'm just doing it for the hell of it? What if I locked you in "the dimension of no return" (I think that's what it's called) from which it is impossible to escape?

You need to actually locate me first, yet the bands of Cytorrack where bested by Namor, Hulk (IRRC), and recently a Skrull. I dare say Shaman X-Man alone could break free, let alone my current amalgam character.
I can easily locate you with the eye of Aggamoto, that's probably the easiest part of the fight for me. If it can dispel Warlock's TP then the illusions you cast over yourself will be easy to break. Now, the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak have had some low showings but they have also held Galactus in the past, and Several Herald-Levels could not break them. Funny you now accept low showings even though you tried to throw them away in the Jaf argument.

So, here's what happens in our fight:

We both go to the battlefield, I locate you instantly with my Eye of Aggamoto, then watch for a second as what appears to me as a snail-speed TK wave starts emitting from your body.

So then I decide to bind you with the Crimson bands of Cytorrak, attack you with hundreds of Demons, blast you with concussion bolts, and throw you into another dimension when you're about 1/100th of the way done with your first attack. Then I lock the dimension just in case, and send in my demons to help keep you from escaping, and this WHOLE time you are still bound by the bands that will keep you from doing anything. And your attack has still not been completed.

Then I sit around having some fun, or maybe I place a handy little magic-bomb in the dimension that blows you to shit (also before the you are done with your first attack.)

And then if by some bizarre, universe shaking cosmic quirk, you escape, I just run up and gore you with my vibrating hand while your neurons are just beginning to transmit energy to your head, and maybe I also slam you against the forcefield at 100x lightspeed with the winds of watoomb and blow you to atoms. Or perhaps I will disintegrate you with my Eye of Aggamoto. This is all before you can do anything.

King Kandy
I should be resting, to get ready for work. Mind you I only had 2 hrs of sleep.
Maybe that's why you're making such Strange claims.

The rules specify speed of thought, clocked on human standards. There is no human with motor function skills capable of atomizing matter instantly. Let alone physcic energy waves being clocked.

And it serves no purpose to dodge them since it will eventually spread out and effect the entire arena. So you are arguing a moot point.
Psychic energy can be clocked, Thor has once thrown Mjolnir faster then a psychic wave emitted by a telepath (I am working on getting the scan, though I think most have seen it) and my speed isn't so much to dodge the attack as it is to counterattack before you can do anything.

True however, you are ideally picking low end feats and disregard specifics. At this time Nate himself is much more mature and skilled in wielding his powers; as to a Jean Grey who now functions properly and is more self aware of her actions as the Phoenix then her former self in the Phoenix Saga. And Jean at the moment was worn out and inexperienced. These specifics make all the difference.
Oh well, it won't make a difference since you aren't getting Phoenix's powers, as I have proven. No use trying to make a psychic link when there's nothing to link to.

id369

It goes to show, that even with little rest you are going ape shit in reaffirming your stance.

And yet it does not discard what I showed earlier now does it?

Oh well, it won't make a difference since you aren't getting Phoenix's powers, as I have proven. No use trying to make a psychic link when there's nothing to link to.

Completely disagree, the purpose is to establish a mind link. I have the vessel, I have her power, I have her memories, and I have her psi signature (and intimately know it). Nothing but a poor excuse to deduct my reasons, and explanations.

But nice try.

id369

King Kandy
Completely disagree, the purpose is to establish a mind link. I have the vessel, I have her power, I have her memories, and I have her psi signature (and intimately know it). Nothing but a poor excuse to deduct my reasons, and explanations.

But nice try.
A mind link without a mind to link to... good luck with that one. What you have, is this:

Nate in Jean's Body
Some wispy memories that probably don't involve Phoenix

You don't have her power, and you don't have her mind... the funny thing is that it's the amalgamation that PREVENTS this plan from working.

id369

King Kandy

DigiMark007
So question:

This match was started at 12 CST. Which would mean 12 CST tomorrow (1 EST) is the stopping time. But we have the time change tonight for daylight saving's, and thus lose an hour.

Does the match end at 12 CST or 1 because of this?

id369

id369
Like I stated earlier, if you have vast TK powers. You can obtain TK Godhood with out, being involved with the Phoenix.

Nate was aware of the psi inhibitors the moment he came into mansion with out applying telepathy. And he effectively dismantles them, in the processes. This is because when you vastly expand you control and power over TK. It also happens to expand your senses.

http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/3813/xmenunlimited3133co1.th.jpghttp://img176.imageshack.us/img176/1924/xmenunlimited3134jy4.th.jpghttp://img254.imageshack.us/img254/8885/xmenunlimited3135tm1.th.jpg

Need more proof that he can expand the senses through TK? This nun plucked out her eye sockets, yet she is able to “SEE”, thanks to Nate. And no he is not apply telepathy as the nun ask’s and Nate calmly replies.
http://img141.imageshack.us/img141/1930/xman07109rm1.th.jpghttp://img182.imageshack.us/img182/2822/xman07110xd6.th.jpg

Symmetric Chaos
Voting for id369

I didn't buy Kandy's claim that psi powers move at 30m/s (but, not being a participant, I won't say why). I think id's amalgam is not an unreasonable creation even if it might be a stretch and I think given time, which he would seem to have, it can take out Kandy's.

Great fight and brilliant work by both of you. This was a tough pick.

DigiMark007
Good fight gents.

I never bought id's premise, and Speed Limit will be too hard to touch and can react with any of Strange's spells almost instantaneously. id doesn't have Pheonix-Jean, but presumably would "heal" her into having it with Nate's tp. But to do that multiversal-level feat by combining parts of the pheonix consciousness, he'd need to unlock the potential that he says he'll only have once he has the pheonix might bolstering his powers.

The fact that he doesn't have Jean's mind is also problematic, because if he can piece together Jean's pheonix-consciousness without her mind, the implication is that just Nate, sans any sort of body switch or upgrade, could do it himself...quite a stretch. The psychometry tried to make up for it, but it's still grasping in eh dark at multiversal strands of consciousness.

The 30 meters per second was amusing, but a moot point imo. I admire Kandy for using the forum rules thing, but it's clear that to do some of the things Nate (or any telepath) has done, thought would need to travel far faster. Scans > rules, since it's just a guidepost for reference.

Also, there was an over-reliance for id on scans saying what Nate is capable of, but hasn't actually done. "This should extinguish stars!"...then we'd have a scan of Cable attacking that concert hall thing Austrailia. That's only 1 example among at least 3-4.

Voting for Kandy.

King Kandy
Okay id I am sick of you claiming that I have never tried to locate you. I have pointed out how I locate you in EVERY summary post i've ever made. I didn't need to elaborate because you never once offered a defense against it.

At the start of the fight, I locate you with the eye of Aggamoto, which will melt through all your illusions and the like. You have no way of hiding from it. Don't need to elaborate beyond that because that's just how simple it is.

Devil Lance
Voting for Kandy I just don't think Id39's team could handle speed limits speed

Zeitgeist
Who was the mind in Kandy's amalgam?

King Kandy
Dr. Strange.

id369
Okay id I am sick of you claiming that I have never tried to locate you. I have pointed out how I locate you in EVERY summary post i've ever made. I didn't need to elaborate because you never once offered a defense against it.

At the start of the fight, I locate you with the eye of Aggamoto, which will melt through all your illusions and the like. You have no way of hiding from it. Don't need to elaborate beyond that because that's just how simple it is.

Unless its stated that the Eye of Aggamoto is equal or superior to a primal force of the universe, the epitome of Pisonic Energies. Then its doubt full and meaningless attack since I have mental shields, and a pisonic armor constructed to fend off such attacks. To make matters worse, 10 times the amount of psi energy I wield is needed to knock me out.

Besides, you cant change your prep time, later on in the match to fit your needs.

King Kandy
Never changed a word of my prep time, it was the battle time I located you using. Doing it during prep would be illegal since I didn't buy spying. And yes, the eye could see through your shields, it has never failed to dispel any TP not even the IGs.

Zeitgeist
Voting for Kandy, because I think way too much faith is put into the psionic abilities

id369

id369

id369

DigiMark007

darthgoober
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Good fight gents.

I never bought id's premise, and Speed Limit will be too hard to touch and can react with any of Strange's spells almost instantaneously. id doesn't have Pheonix-Jean, but presumably would "heal" her into having it with Nate's tp. But to do that multiversal-level feat by combining parts of the pheonix consciousness, he'd need to unlock the potential that he says he'll only have once he has the pheonix might bolstering his powers.

The fact that he doesn't have Jean's mind is also problematic, because if he can piece together Jean's pheonix-consciousness without her mind, the implication is that just Nate, sans any sort of body switch or upgrade, could do it himself...quite a stretch. The psychometry tried to make up for it, but it's still grasping in eh dark at multiversal strands of consciousness.

The 30 meters per second was amusing, but a moot point imo. I admire Kandy for using the forum rules thing, but it's clear that to do some of the things Nate (or any telepath) has done, thought would need to travel far faster. Scans > rules, since it's just a guidepost for reference.

Also, there was an over-reliance for id on scans saying what Nate is capable of, but hasn't actually done. "This should extinguish stars!"...then we'd have a scan of Cable attacking that concert hall thing Austrailia. That's only 1 example among at least 3-4.

Voting for Kandy.
Damn it Digi you said pretty much everything I was thinking.... we have to stop doing this.

Anyway vote for Kandy for pretty much all the same reasons.

Soljer
Kandy's a douche.

But he's a winning douche, as far as this matchup is concerned.

KingKandy.

King Kandy
Originally posted by Soljer
Kandy's a douche.
What's with the negativity? confused

Soljer
What's with the negativity? confused

'Twas the least offensive, yet most descriptive term I could think of.

id369

darthgoober

id369
I have used this character set up, a few times on different boards for different tournaments. This is the first time, the idea of Nates Full power being doubted. That at least comes much to a surprise.

What I need is as much feed back, the vote itself isnt worth much.

DigiMark007
Yeah, that's always good to do. Tourneys are about how much you can "get away with." Experience is sometimes overrated, but that's one of the things that helps with multiple tourneys...trying enough to win but not too much to lose the trust of the judges.

Anyway, my opinion stands but no hard feelings. Good luck in the next round.

Creshosk
I'm abstaining from voting in this match.

King Kandy
I'm not sure you're allowed to do that.

Evangel94
Originally posted by Creshosk
I'm abstaining from voting in this match.

You are required to vote.

Creshosk
Originally posted by Evangel94
You are required to vote. I'll take the being penelized. I'm pretty sure I missed a few matches anyway...

Evangel94
Originally posted by Creshosk
I'll take the being penelized. I'm pretty sure I missed a few matches anyway...

Are you trying to sabotage yourself in your match against Digimark?

Zeitgeist
Originally posted by Evangel94
Are you trying to sabotage yourself in your match against Digimark? Have you seen his team?

His statements about a simplistic strategy, involving little to no write-up?

His laughter at the speculation over what his secret plan is?

... His team?

id369

DigiMark007
If it's any consolation Cresh, the erratic behavior is making me more worried.

no expression

Soljer

Zeitgeist
Originally posted by DigiMark007
If it's any consolation Cresh, the erotic behavior is making me more worried.

no expression Closer to the truth.

id369
Originally posted by Soljer
If they want to.

If they want to, what exactly does that mean?

Zeitgeist
If they want to, what exactly does that mean? It means they don't have to.

psycho gundam
no offense whatsoever kandy, voting for id. he explained why well enough.

Evangel94
Current Vote Count

Votes for King Kandy:
DigiMark007
Devil Lance
Zeitgeist
darthgoober
Soljer

Votes for id369:
Symmetric Chaos
psycho gundam

Evangel94
7 votes only... hmm...maybe its time to hand out some serious penalties for not voting.

DigiMark007
I say don't penalize people for not voting once. It should be at least twice before anyone incurs a penalty, due to understandable days where people can't make it to KMC. But that's just my input...I'm on every day and vote, so I'll never get penalized for this, but would rather not win a close match because of it (though I realize the need to keep people accountable).

Evangel94
I don't mind if they can't vote as long as they send me PM beforehand letting me know. But to just vanish and re-appear again for your own match is bad manners. I also don't appreciate people who abstain. If you want people to respect your match by voting in it, then you should return the courtesy and vote in their matches.

DigiMark007
I still motion for 2 non-votes before a penalty, but I agree otherwise, and it's obviously still your call.

And I take it this match is over because mine is up. So congrats Kandy!

Evangel94
King Kandy advances to the next round.

Votes for King Kandy: 5
DigiMark007
Devil Lance
Zeitgeist
darthgoober
Soljer

Votes for id369: 2
Symmetric Chaos
psycho gundam

King Kandy advances to the next round.

King Kandy
No final comments?

Evangel94
No final comments?

Later, after I look over the information in the last five pages.

Evangel94
Final Thoughts: It was a tough match-up, but King Kandy came out on top. King Kandy matched magical abilities and speed. He covered Dr. Strange's weakness of fast moving characters by merging him with Professor Zoom. He also bought 36 prep and BFR. He came prepared. id369 also came prepared, however based on this match, the voters felt he relied too much on his Psi powers. And while Nate's psi powers are formidable to Dr. Strange, he was too specialized, and couldn't match Dr. Strange's versatility and strength in other areas.

However, it was a good match, I hope to see both of you succeed and push forward in this tournament. Hopefully id369 learned how to use his character better for future rounds.

If anyone else wants to leave any comments and advice for the competitors since this thread will probably go down into history, then feel free to do so now.

Match over.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.