EVANGEL94's Final Slugfest Tournament: Round 2-1; Devil Lance vs Tony Stark

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Evangel94
Devil Lance

Originally posted by Devil Lance
My team
Firestorm http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firestorm_%28comics%29
(Raymond/ Stein Combo) - 6 points

Level 1 Amalgam - 4 points
King Hawk
composed of
Hawkman http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hawkman
(Carter Hall with claw of Horus) 4 points Mind - Carter's fighting skills, nth metal, claw of horrus, hawk man suit , other standard equipment, memories of his other lives

Aquaman http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aquaman
(Orin with water hand) 4 points Body- strength, durabilty, senses, speed, reflexes, water hand, telepathy, etc etc

prep level 1 - 1 point + power boosting during prep 4 points + level 2 knowledge of opponents 2 points

6+4+4++4+4+2+1=25

vs

Tony Stark

Originally posted by Tony Stark
Dr. Doom (616) (4) Points
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_Doom
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Doctor_Doom_(Victor_von_Doom)
http://en.marveldatabase.com/Victor_von_Doom_%28Earth-616%29

Gladiator "Kallark" (616) (6) Points
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gladiator_%28Kallark%29
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Gladiator_%28Kallark%29
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mn3AQWxAig&feature=related

Amalgam lvl. 1 (4) points

(Dr. Doom)
Mind/Armor/Prep/Tech/Sorcery/Intelligence/Planning/Ruthlessness/Confidence...etc).

(Gladiator)
Body/Strength/Speed/Durability/Fighting skills/Psionic abilities
Super breath/Heat-vision/Warrior born...etc).

Prep time lvl. 1 (1) point
(15 Minute Battlefeild)

Prep time lvl. 3 (5) points
(36 Hrs mystical sanctum/Scientific lab)

Knowledge of opposition lvl. 3 (5) points
(Extensive knowledge of all opponents including strengths and weaknesses)

4+6+4+1+5+5= 25 points

Area

Evangel94
All tournament participants must vote. Do not abstain. Non-participants/regular viewers must have 1000 posts on KMC forums to vote. Voting is not allowed until the first 12 hours of the match has elapsed.

Devil Lance

Devil Lance
Okay guys I got some bad news

Some f'n douchebag stole my laptop at school today so I'm not going to be able to post nearly as much as I would like.
So while I'm going to try and post as much as possible today theres a good chance I won't be able to post untill about 3 pm eastern time an hour before my match is over.

psycho gundam
sorry to hear that

Devil Lance

Devil Lance
So I'm getting kicked of the familly computer now so like I said I most likely won't be bale to post agin untill 3 tomorrow because of being in school

unfortunately Tony hasn't posted anything yet and the match has been going for over 6 hours and I posted my write up almost 2 hours ago so meh

Symmetric Chaos
I'm leaning toward Stark hmm

Creshosk
As funny as that is are we allowed to vote when only one person posted? This is a hassle as it's thursday and theis is the only time I can post today.

If I can vote it's for the only one who posted: DL

Soljer
Devil Lance in a stomp, apparently.

DigiMark007
If a person does not post, it's their own fault (even if it's for legitimate reasons). If it's beyond the first 12 hours and we have no other time that we can vote, you should feel justified in voting for the only person to post.

If Stark shows up, great. I hope he does. But barring that, at this point if you won't be back on before this is over, it would be best to vote for DL.

I'll be back later though, so no vote just yet.

DigiMark007
And now is later.

Voting for DL. I hope Stark makes an argument, but he really should've said something by now.

id369
Vote: Devil Lance, in loving memory of his Laptop.

Papa Smurph
DL

Symmetric Chaos
DL for obvious reasons.

darthgoober
DL

Zeitgeist
I want to vote for Stark... I really do... sad

DL ftw.

King Kandy
I'm late but obviously my vote is for Devil Lance.

Evangel94
Votes for Devil Lance: 8
Creshosk
Soljer
DigiMark007
id369
Papa Smurph
darthgoober
Zeitgeist
King Kandy

Votes for Tony Stark: 1
Symmetric Chaos?

Seems Tony Stark decided not to post or wasn't aware of the match despite my reminders.

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Evangel94
Symmetric Chaos?

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
DL for obvious reasons.

ExodusCloak
Votes for Devil Lance: 8
Creshosk
Soljer
DigiMark007
id369
Papa Smurph
darthgoober
Zeitgeist
King Kandy

Symmetric Chaos?

Seems Tony Stark decided not to post or wasn't aware of the match despite my reminders.

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
DL for obvious reasons.

Votes for Devil Lance: 9
Creshosk
Soljer
DigiMark007
id369
Papa Smurph
darthgoober
Zeitgeist
King Kandy
Symmetric Chaos

Votes for Tony Stark: 0

Evangel94
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Creshosk
Soljer
DigiMark007
id369
Papa Smurph
darthgoober
Zeitgeist
King Kandy
Symmetric Chaos

Thanks. Always good to know people are there to help. smile

Anyway this match will last until the next match is posted tomorrow, so Tony Stark may still show up.

psycho gundam
even though he is not here to say it, what if I or anyone else believes starks characters can't be defeated by his opponent?

if it was the joker vs galactus and the representative for galan didn't show, joker wins?

I shouldn't vote until this is cleared up.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by psycho gundam
even though he is not here to say it, what if I or anyone else believes starks characters can't be defeated by his opponent?

if it was the joker vs galactus and the representative for galan didn't show, joker wins?

I shouldn't vote until this is cleared up.

Under Evangel's "Assume the minimum" rule/suggestion, we'd be obligated to vote for Galactus. If the person was dumb enough to just draft Joker, I'd say they deserved it anyway.

Fortunately, there aren't many occurrences of that in this tourney. Pretty much everyone can beat everyone else if the other team does nothing.

Master-Borg
too bad tony was a no show, his character seemed to have the edge imo...

psycho gundam
thats what I'm saying

Evangel94
If feel that at the bare minimum, without the need for Tony to debate, that his team is above Devil Lance's team, then vote for Tony Stark.

Evangel94

Evangel94
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Under Evangel's "Assume the minimum" rule/suggestion, we'd be obligated to vote for Galactus. If the person was dumb enough to just draft Joker, I'd say they deserved it anyway.

Fortunately, there aren't many occurrences of that in this tourney. Pretty much everyone can beat everyone else if the other team does nothing.

Even if Tony Stark doesn't show up, you'd still have to assume the minimum for his team. Assume the minimum of what Dr. Doom can do in Gladiator's body with 36 hours prep his lab and extensive knowledge (powers , power levels, and weakneses). Same goes for all teams in the tournament even if the person doesn't show up.

Creshosk
The minimum of what can be done is nothing. Because its always possible to do ... nothing.

Evangel94
Originally posted by Creshosk
The minimum of what can be done is nothing. Because its always possible to do ... nothing.

The minimum of what would Dr. Doom in Gladiator's body, with 36 hours prep and extensive knowledge of his opponent, do is nothing?

How does that work? confused

Blair Wind
mathematically speaking, the minimum will always start at zero, or in other words doing nothing. The possibility exists.

Realistic? No, but still valid

Soljer
The minimum of what would Dr. Doom in Gladiator's body, with 36 hours prep and extensive knowledge of his opponent, do is nothing?

How does that work? confused

Sure is.

Doom could chill and do absolutely nothing for thirty six hours.

Or maybe he'd go bang Morgan Le Fay again?

*shrug*

Evangel94
I am not talking about mathematically. I am talking realistically. Doom would not waste 36 hours prep, especially when the motivation is anything he desires. Not to mention it wouldn't be in character.

Not that I think Devil Lance couldn't win (not at all), but I am starting to wonder if some of you are actually voting just because Devil Lance is posted and Tony Stark didn't. People still have to take into account the initial teams and potential prep to start with.

Devil Lance
I am curious on how you plan to do all this to do this with only 15 minutes of only battlefield prep.

Mind link in the beginning?
Build a large flash light construct?
4 layers of protective nth metal?
Build an indestructible suit of promentium?
20 Superman promethium constucts?

All this within 15 minutes?

vs

-Dr. Doom in Gladiator's body
-36 hours prep in lab
-(Extensive knowledge of all opponents including strengths and weaknesses)

Not that I am trying to take sides, but I would like to know if you really think 15 minutes is really enough to beat and counter whatever Doom has in store for you?

Oh sure you're not Evangel you're not taking sides at all roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jeez It takes FS less han seconds to make clothes for himself I showed that in my first match once FS sees how something works he can manipulate anything else into it easilly.

On the whole superman thing I've showed that FS was able to put the superman constructs back together in seconds.

you really don't know what the heck you're talking about

Anywys Tony Stark hasn't disproven any of my claims stop trying to do so for him.
I know he's one your favorites but jeez roll eyes (sarcastic)

Evangel94
Oh sure you're not Evangel you're not taking sides at all roll eyes (sarcastic)

Jeez It takes FS less han seconds to make clothes for himself I showed that in my first match once FS sees how something works he can manipulate anything else into it easilly.

On the whole superman thing I've showed that FS was able to put the superman constructs back together in seconds.

you really don't know what the heck you're talking about

Anywys Tony Stark hasn't disproven any of my claims stop trying to do so for him.
I know he's one your favorites but jeez roll eyes (sarcastic)

I know your saying this only because in a tournament everyone is under pressure to win, so I am going to let what you just said go.

Devil Lance
I know your saying this only because in a tournament everyone is pressured to win, so I am going to let what you just said go.
No I'm just saying you were doing Tony's job for him a bit there

It's Tony's job to debate me not yours

but whatever

Evangel94
No I'm just saying you were doing Tony's job for him a bit there

It's Tony's job to debate me not yours

but whatever

You do not want to go into this Devil Lance, so I suggest you drop it.

Devil Lance
You do not want to go into this Devil Lance, so I suggest you drop it.

okay then.......

consider it dropped mam

DigiMark007
I'll actually side with DL here. Evangel, you made the rule and posted it for everyone, so we're aware of it, but our votes are still ours. It's hard for me, or anyone, to design prep for Doom on our own...so I can imagine some things, but basically if there's a coherent plan to counter it (there is, since DL did an admirable job) I'll find it hard to vote against them based off of my guesses about what Doom might do. We can make some low-level assumptions based on our knowledge, but without deep research I can't go any further with any character, regardless of their prep potential.

I'm also not in the business of rewarding people for not showing up. The ethic of tourney responsibility we've been trying to foster would seem to endorse such thinking. If one team clearly is better than the other, I will vote accordingly. I expect others would too. But the gap, in this case, is not nearly so wide.

I intend this respectfully, because I understand what Evangel is saying with respect to the potential prep of Doom. But I can't use that to justify a vote the other way.

psycho gundam
well this isn't a race, it's more like that boxing robots game.

two opponents are placed in front of each other and in dl's case is ramming the buttons to punch stark's robot. stark's robot is just standing there but dl's (imo) can't ko the other one.

psycho gundam
if dl wants to win, all he has to say is he covers stark's character in metal then waits for ten minutes.

Devil Lance
well this isn't a race, it's more like that boxing robots game.

two opponents are placed in front of each other and in dl's case is ramming the buttons to punch stark's robot. stark's robot is just standing there but dl's (imo) can't ko the other one.

why?

whats your reasoning for this opinion

and anyways shouldn't this match be over by now ?

Devil Lance
if dl wants to win, all he has to say is he covers stark's character in metal then waits for ten minutes.

no expression
wow.......

DigiMark007
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I'll actually side with DL here. Evangel, you made the rule and posted it for everyone, so we're aware of it, but our votes are still ours. It's hard for me, or anyone, to design prep for Doom on our own...so I can imagine some things, but basically if there's a coherent plan to counter it (there is, since DL did an admirable job) I'll find it hard to vote against them based off of my guesses about what Doom might do. We can make some low-level assumptions based on our knowledge, but without deep research I can't go any further with any character, regardless of their prep potential.

I'm also not in the business of rewarding people for not showing up. The ethic of tourney responsibility we've been trying to foster would seem to endorse such thinking. If one team clearly is better than the other, I will vote accordingly. I expect others would too. But the gap, in this case, is not nearly so wide.

I intend this respectfully, because I understand what Evangel is saying with respect to the potential prep of Doom. But I can't use that to justify a vote the other way.

bump

King Kandy
I am curious on how you plan to do all this to do this with only 15 minutes of only battlefield prep.

Mind link in the beginning?
Build a large flash light construct?
4 layers of protective nth metal?
Build an indestructible suit of promentium?
20 Superman promethium constucts?

All this within 15 minutes?

vs

-Dr. Doom in Gladiator's body
-36 hours prep in lab
-(Extensive knowledge of all opponents including strengths and weaknesses)

Not that I am trying to take sides, but I would like to know if you really think 15 minutes is really enough to beat and counter whatever Doom has in store for you?
Hey, you know that this match is DL vs. Tony, not DL vs. Evangel right?

Devil Lance
Originally posted by King Kandy

Uh-oh you shouldn't have said that

but really when will the next match start?

DigiMark007
Evangel has every right to post her thoughts, just like we do when we vote. So we may not agree, but let's not make an issue of it. I think my quoted comments above deal with our collective rationale quite well without resorting to negativity.

Evangel94
Alright this match is over.

I will post the next match.

Evangel94
Originally posted by King Kandy

Behave King Kandy.

-------------------------------------------

Creshosk
Soljer
DigiMark007
id369
Papa Smurph
darthgoober
Zeitgeist
King Kandy
Symmetric Chaos

Final Thoughts: A hollow victory since Tony Stark did not post at all. I wonder how the match would have turned out if he did. Who knows? But it would have been more exciting to watch.

Anyway Stark goes to the Last Chance Finale and Devil Lance advances to the next round.

Evangel94
Just to note, psycho gundam votes for Tony Stark.

DigiMark007
's ok. No-shows should be rare from here on out.

Also, congrats to DL for being the first to officially move on past the round robin best-of-3.

thumb up

And an unfortunate note as Stark becomes the first person eliminated. Get 'em next time, I guess....though there's still the FFA for eliminated contestants.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.