Potter splits in two

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

coolmovies
The last Harry potter movie will be split into two parts (now thats justice) The first part in Nov 2010 and part two six monthes later .

Happy Dance

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/7293513.stm

Council#13
I don't really see how that's good. I'd rather not be left dangling.

Barker
They haven't cared about leaving out details up to now. Last movie, last chance for money. Why not try to double it, amirite?

Don't get me wrong, I like the idea of two movies. I just wish they had done it to all the movies since PoA.

Running Mascara
They should have.. the last movie seemed too rushed yes

VioletEyesPop08
This is a good idea to try out. People these days need/want more screen time for some reason.

siriuswriter
I posted on this in the DH Information thread, so here's what I put there :

David Yates WILL be directing DH, which will be split into two parts. The first part will be released in November of 2010, and the second part will be released in May of 2011.

"Producer David Heyman said the decision was made with some anxiety and only after considerable deliberations. The producer joked that "while my wife and Warner Brothers were pleased" to hear that the Potter movie magic will continue into the next decade, he himself fretted that the cynical observers would see the decision as a purely mercenary move.

"I swear to you it was born out of purely creative reasons," Heyman said during an interview in a converted airplane factory outside London that has been home base to all of the "Potter" productions. "Unlike every other book, you cannot remove elements of this book. You can remove scenes of Ron playing quidditch from the fifth book, and you can remove Hermione and S.P.E.W. and those subplots . . . but with the seventh, that can't be done."

Heyman said he approached Rowling with some trepidation about the strategy but found that she signed off on its logic rather quickly. "I went to Jo and she was cool with it," Heyman said, "and that was quite a relief.""

Courtesy Mugglenet.

C Teng
Yeah, they can't cut out that many scenes.

Paola
2011? How old will Radcliffe be? Sorry if I misspelled the name

siriuswriter
He's 18 right now, with a late July birthday. He'll be *calculates* turning 21 the summer after Part 2 comes out.

Paola
One of the things that made me think they rushed The Order of The Phoenix is because of Daniel's age, I'm worried they rush Half-Blood Prince and hence, Deathly Hallows.

But it seems ok, he's not that old

Council#13
Is Bill Yates the one who directed the fifth movie? Because if he is, BOO-YA!

jammy1
Till now ,last part5 was not so good .Earlier parts were good .Hope next part would be good.

MP4

H. S. 6
This is badass. I'm excited.

I'm assuming they'll film the two parts together?

willofthewisp
Where will the first film cut off?

KMC's Superboy
i bet that they will brake at shell cotage or when they leave the dragon

siriuswriter
Originally posted by willofthewisp
Where will the first film cut off?

I think it'll cut off at Shell Cottage, because that is a place of semi-rest before all the chaos begins again. Also, that would allow literally most of the second part to focus on the Hogwarts battle and the Harry/Voldemort scenes.

At least, that's what I think would be the best, cinematically. It's a "Time of Rest" between one action filled part and another - the eye of the storm. I don't think they'd leave us hanging straight in the middle of action.

*thinking* So basically, that would be the going to Gringotts to collect the cup, then Harry finding out about the tiara still at Hogwarts, going to Hogsmeade and the part with Aberforth and Adriana, and then it'd be Hogwarts from there on out.

I'm wondering if they're going to film the epilogue, though. I kind of hope not, but if they do, how cool would it be to use the original trio actors and just make-up them to be older? Tres cool. smile

steverules
I am suprised that last one is going to be split into two...OOTP was a longer book than book 7 and that remained as one film....but I guess since it'll be the last movie they don't wanna miss anything out

willofthewisp
I think the epilogue will play out better on film than it did in the book. It seemed cheesy in the book, but I think given certain visuals, it might do well in the movie, especially if the young actors are made up or adult actors really look like them. It's rewarding to the audience to see the kids grow up, so it may be a really popular scene.

~Bun Bun~
I'm glad their doing this! It's a good way to end it off and still have people intrested. Hopefully they keep to their word and stick to the book this time. yes

ragesRemorse
They should have filmed the last two movie's together rather than splitting the last movie into two. That would have made more sense, unless they plan on adding additional material into the last movie which wasn't in the book, there really is no call for it. The last book is about as long as the first and second books. There doesnt seem to be much material that warrants five hours of film. If the 3rd, 4th, 5th and 6th books only received one movie and they were the largest books why give the last one two movie's? Filming the last two movie's in conjunction would have made perfect sense, seeing how the actors are nearly full grown adults now. I, however, am not going to complain. I know it is only for money, but i greatly enjoy the movie's and as long as the remaining movie's turn out to be as good in quality as the first five i will pay the price of admission, excitedly.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by willofthewisp
I think the epilogue will play out better on film than it did in the book. It seemed cheesy in the book

cheesy is an understatement, but...,it was her story i suppose.

Tonks
They have left too much critical information out of the first movies. They are kinda in trouble right now because it is going to be hard to tie all the strings together.

JK wrote it brilliantly, she tied everything together and made the reader have to remember back to a certain year at Hogwarts. I like the idea, and I'm glad that they are only doing it with the 7th movie. Any of the others would make them way to long and drawn out.

But the writters should have been more careful.

siriuswriter
it's possible that there could be a sort of "Lord of the Rings, Fellowship of the Ring" kind of introduction before the real movie begins. i can see dumbledore being an overvoice and flipping through some important scenes from the six movies. and then, something like, "but now, whole wizardly world must join forces, either good or evil - and try to depend on the only hope left to them - Harry Potter"

DUNHDUNHDUNH!!!

but of course the screenwriters are never as clever as we'd like them to be. so;............. siriusly doubt this sort of introduction.

DarthLazious
Having the final movie beening split in gtwo movies is a good idea so that way we can have one more Harry Potter flim to look forward to then we used to think.

leonheartmm
Originally posted by coolmovies
The last Harry potter movie will be split into two parts (now thats justice) The first part in Nov 2010 and part two six monthes later .

Happy Dance

for the love of ****! i thought this had sumthing to do with harry being split in half with an axe or taking a potion and turning into two people.

The Phantom
Originally posted by leonheartmm
for the love of ****! i thought this had sumthing to do with harry being split in half with an axe or taking a potion and turning into two people. /giggle

I think it's a great idea. WB (or whoever makes these decisions) knows what they are doing. They get more money from two movies. Fans get a lot of the book from two movies. Thus, a win-win situation. Who wants cake?

DarthLazious
I agree and what kind of cake?

DarthLazious
Originally posted by coolmovies

Happy Dance

Thats good so that way we have atleast two more Harry Potter flims to look forward to instead of just one. smokin'

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.