Who can destroy the world the fastest?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master-Borg
Which of the following characters can lay waste to the entire world in the shortest amount of time?

Hulk

Superman

Storm

Magneto

Green Lantern (Kyle)

Thor

Symmetric Chaos
Probably Kyle. Unless you'd let Superman or Thor just destroy the planet.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Probably Kyle. Unless you'd let Superman or Thor just destroy the planet. I was thinking Storm might have a shot too....planetary monsoons, tornados, lightning storms, etc...not sure if she will have enough energy to maintain such an attack for an extended period of time though

Magneto could just unleash every Nuke for a cheasy quick destruction as well

Blair Wind
I'd say Kyle, even with what Sym said ermm

darthgoober
If you bar one shotting the planet it goes...
1. Superman
2. GL
3. Thor
4. Mags
5. Strom
6. Hulk

Master-Borg
when has Superman or Thor destroyed anything resembling the size of earth? (anyone have scans?)

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by Master-Borg
I was thinking Storm might have a shot too....planetary monsoons, tornados, lightning storms, etc...not sure if she will have enough energy to maintain such an attack for an extended period of time though

Magneto could just unleash every Nuke for a cheasy quick destruction as well

For destroying the surface of the planet it should be Storm but probably wouldn't be.

Master-Borg
For destroying the surface of the planet it should be Storm but probably wouldn't be. just to clarify...my scenario is just for surface destruction, not necessarily breaking the planet to pieces

Symmetric Chaos
just to clarify...my scenario is just for surface destruction, not necessarily breaking the planet to pieces

Then I'd say:

GL
Thor
Storm
Superman
Magneto
Hulk

Master-Borg
Then I'd say:

GL
Thor
Storm
Superman
Magneto
Hulk

Why is Thor above Storm and Magneto? Aren't his attacks mostly limited area?

whereas Magneto with the Nuke scenario could feasibly destroy earth's surface a couple of time over very quickly

Symmetric Chaos

whereas Magneto with the Nuke scenario could feasibly destroy earth's surface a couple of time over very quickly

Thor can create massive storms IIRC.

Newjak

whereas Magneto with the Nuke scenario could feasibly destroy earth's surface a couple of time over very quickly Well considering in his most recent appearance he created a storm that covered the entire planet in a few panels.

I'd say he has some very good range. stick out tongue

Soljer
Kyle
Superman
Thor
Magneto
Storm
Hulk

Soljer
Then I'd say:

GL
Thor
Storm
Superman
Magneto
Hulk

Clark so low? He's widened his heat vision blasts to bathe entire planets before, and with his speed, he'd easily blacken the entire Earth before Thor could say "Mjolnir," or Storm even took to the sky.

janus77
Magneto could reverse the magnetic poles, could destroy the earth by just removing the atmosphere and the van allen belt.

Hulk could break the world into pieces in quick time, but he'd need to get worked up. at base it'd take him a while.

Storm/Superman/Thor/GL would take longer than Magneto imo.

Soljer
Reversing the magnetic polarity of Earth wouldn't really do all that much. In fact, the magnetic poles of Earth have switched many times in the past, and we're actually overdue for the next one.

Blair Wind
Comic book science: switching poles is deadly.

Soljer
Originally posted by Blair Wind

Haha....

And you can reverse the effects of ANY piece of electronics by 'reversing the polarity.'

Symmetric Chaos

Well in the real world the reversing of the poles would be likely be pretty devastating. The magnetic field would weaken as the transition happened and the entire planet would be flooded with radiation.

Blair Wind
Well in the real world the reversing of the poles would be likely be pretty devastating. The magnetic field would weaken as the transition happened and the entire planet would be flooded with radiation.

Originally posted by Soljer
Reversing the magnetic polarity of Earth wouldn't really do all that much. In fact, the magnetic poles of Earth have switched many times in the past, and we're actually overdue for the next one.

Symmetric Chaos

No one was around those other times. I don't think we can say for certain what would happen to us if the poles reversed.

Hannibal-Lector
Kyles ring is said to beable to split atoms right?

Superboy Prime
Clark so low? He's widened his heat vision blasts to bathe entire planets before, and with his speed, he'd easily blacken the entire Earth before Thor could say "Mjolnir," or Storm even took to the sky.

thumbsup

DigiMark007
Why does everyone think Storm can conjure better storms than Thor? He's the God of Thunder, and has given Ego troubles with his storms.

King Kandy
Originally posted by janus77
Magneto could reverse the magnetic poles,
And WTF will that do? You are aware that happens naturally correct?

Doctor-Alvis
There was a similar thread like this a while ago. The one strategy I made up for Magneto (repeatedly smashing the planet with a mass of collected metal) was pointed out as being planetary teabagging.

Originally posted by King Kandy
And WTF will that do? You are aware that happens naturally correct?
Flood the planet with radiation apparently.

llagrok

One time Thor created natural disasters in every corner of the globe instantly.

Mr. Slippyfist
Fist... one punch. smile

Soljer
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Fist... one punch. smile

You're supposed to destroy the world without breaking it.

TricksterPriest
How long would it take Swamp thing to do it? I know it's abit off topic, but I was actually wondering how fast he could pull it off.

Mr. Slippyfist
You're supposed to destroy the world without breaking it. Ah... what happens if he fires some of those fist blasts?

Surely that could cover the Earth...

Soljer
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Ah... what happens if he fires some of those fist blasts?

Surely that could cover the Earth...

Certainly.

But I dunno if he's faster than Superman....

I mean, close, definitely, but it's really hard to say.

Mindset
Certainly.

But I dunno if he's faster than Superman....

I mean, close, definitely, but it's really hard to say.

No it's not, he's easily faster than Supes.

Also, Thor still has the odinforce

Priest
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Why does everyone think Storm can conjure better storms than Thor? He's the God of Thunder, and has given Ego troubles with his storms.
IMO Thor is better. He has cause storms that effected the world as a whole.

HandOfFate
No one was around those other times. I don't think we can say for certain what would happen to us if the poles reversed.

The poles change every 200,000 years and as far as we know, there was no extinction of live or a great deal of destruction because of it.

janus77
it would destroy the all the cities and life on the surface, imo. since the Sun's rays would penetrate the earth more powerfully.

also, all electronics could be immediately destroyed by Magneto, globally. The Earth could be shunted towards the sun too.. again it's just a great big magnetic ball for Magneto to move.

Magneto isn't the most powerful character of the lot, but his powers are the most devastating in the least amount of time, over the entire planet.

Soljer
it would destroy the all the cities and life on the surface, imo. since the Sun's rays would penetrate the earth more powerfully.

also, all electronics could be immediately destroyed by Magneto, globally. The Earth could be shunted towards the sun too.. again it's just a great big magnetic ball for Magneto to move.

Magneto isn't the most powerful character of the lot, but his powers are the most devastating in the least amount of time, over the entire planet.

Most devastating in the least amount of time?

The Lantern could decimate the surface with but a thought. Superman can widen his heat vision beam to engulf the entire planet and zip around orbit at relativistic speeds.

Thor could create a planet-wide storm of unimaginable power to ravage Earth.

Magneto may be able to devastate the planet, but not nearly as quickly as the above mentioned. Even removing the magnetosphere entirely, the Earth would not be instantaneously harmed, and the 'far side' of Earth would have to wait till it rotated in to be in direct path of the sun, meaning this path would take at least a full day.

The Lantern's method would be instantaneous. Superman's would be nearly so. Thor's would take minutes, at most. Magneto's would take a day. no expression.

Galan007
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
How long would it take Swamp thing to do it? I know it's abit off topic, but I was actually wondering how fast he could pull it off. Depends how he did it, really.

It would be neat to see ST transform the entire Earth into a overgrown jungle, like he did to Gotham though.

Soljer
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
How long would it take Swamp thing to do it? I know it's abit off topic, but I was actually wondering how fast he could pull it off.

Longer than it'd take Danny Rand.

Lt. Valerian
Hmm... possibly Magneto. Although, a strong case could be made for Superman, too.

h1a8
First of all I don't think any storm could destroy the world.
What is the definition of destroy the world anyway? Give me a precise an non-ambiguous definition. Second, how do you guys know the Magneto is strong enough to effect the entire world's magnetic field? Proof please. Finally, I have some thoughts but await the definition (with stipulations) of destroying the world.

Soljer
Originally posted by h1a8
First of all I don't think any storm could destroy the world.
What is the definition of destroy the world anyway? Give me a precise an non-ambiguous definition. Second, how do you guys know the Magneto is strong enough to effect the entire world's magnetic field? Proof please. Finally, I have some thoughts but await the definition (with stipulations) of destroying the world.

The original poster said the he meant wiping the face of the Earth bare, but without actually destroying the planet itself.

Priest
That superman heat vision feat didn't do anything but warm the planet up, AND he was in a close proximity of the SUN when he did it. (ME THINKS)

Unnatural-POWER
Originally posted by Priest
That superman heat vision feat didn't do anything but warm the planet up, AND he was in a close proximity of the SUN when he did it. (ME THINKS)

But all he wanted to do was warm the planet, he wasn't trying to destroy it, only warm it back up.

Priest
Originally posted by Unnatural-POWER
But all he wanted to do was warm the planet, he wasn't trying to destroy it, only warm it back up. So ur ASSUMING that he can do destroy a planet. erm
I doubt it.

spidey-dude
galactus can destroy the world the fastest cause thats his job

Unnatural-POWER
So ur ASSUMING that he can do destroy a planet. erm
I doubt it.

No, i wasn't saying anything about presumed powers, i simply said his INTENTION was to warm the planet, and there was no indication that he was struggling with that either.

h1a8
The original poster said the he meant wiping the face of the Earth bare, but without actually destroying the planet itself.

In that case then I don't think anyone on the list can do it in their lifetime
(maybe Thor since he lives a long time). This is because I don't see storms disintegrating all matter on the surface of the Earth anytime soon. I mean you can f*ck an army tank up pretty bad with lightning but
disintegrate it where nothing is left seems pretty far fetched to me.

Soljer

Superman has innate control over his heat vision.

He can use a blast of it warm a meal, to shave, to perform brain surgery, or blast someone with the heat of the core of stars.

carver9
Noone in this forum besides magneto, kyle, or storm have shown anything close to planetary destruction in comics. Thor irritated ego but thats about it and ego isnt the size of the earth.

If we are going by comics then basically there is 3 on the list that have the power to destroy a planet. If we go by guessing then all of them have the ability to do so. If there is no proof of any of these character doing a planet destroying feat, especially with strength, then I dont think that it should be used. I can post a feat of gladiator destroying a planet with strength would you all be able to post a scan of any of these people copying the same feat. I can post a feat of storm causing world mass destruction, I dont think that you could find one of anyone else short of magneto. Just my thought.

llagrok
Originally posted by carver9
Noone in this forum besides magneto, kyle, or storm have shown anything close to planetary destruction in comics. Thor irritated ego but thats about it and ego isnt the size of the earth.

If we are going by comics then basically there is 3 on the list that have the power to destroy a planet. If we go by guessing then all of them have the ability to do so. If there is no proof of any of these character doing a planet destroying feat, especially with strength, then I dont think that it should be used. I can post a feat of gladiator destroying a planet with strength would you all be able to post a scan of any of these people copying the same feat. I can post a feat of storm causing world mass destruction, I dont think that you could find one of anyone else short of magneto. Just my thought.

Hahaha, this idiot post is hilarious.

carver9
Im sorry, I almost forgot, yes hulk does have the strength to destroy a planet but I have proof to prove this.

carver9
Originally posted by llagrok
Hahaha, this idiot post is hilarious.

thank you, I thought it was amusing myself.

Master-Borg

Ego, by most accounts I've seen, is barely larger the size of a pyramid. It's almost ludicrous to call him a planet.

LORD B
Ego, by most accounts I've seen, is barely larger the size of a pyramid. It's almost ludicrous to call him a planet.
ego the living asteroid sounds a bit shit.

King Kandy
Did you see him when he transformed the Earth? He was at least the size of the moon.

Master-Borg
http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/20000/19936/182167-ego_400.jpg

here, he is barely the size of a house.

He tends to look big when not next to anything. But when there are people fighting near him, his size is not nearly as impressive as it appears.

King Kandy
Nice lie, that's the COVER. We all know how accurate THOSE are. Especially since in that very same comic, egos CELLS were larger then Thor.

Mr. Slippyfist
no expression

King Kandy
Check it out, Ego dwarfs the moon.

http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=16.dc8.jpg

h1a8
Check it out, Ego dwarfs the moon.

http://server6.theimagehosting.com/image.php?img=16.dc8.jpg
Silly, you would dwarf the moon too if someone was looking at you from a much closer view than the moon is. For example, when I look into the sky my hand dwarfs the moon. Doesn't mean that my hand actually dwarfs the moon. big grin

King Kandy
Are you kidding me Ego is RIGHT NEXT to the Earth in the last panel and is at least 1/3rd it's size.

h1a8
Are you kidding me Ego is RIGHT NEXT to the Earth in the last panel and is at least 1/3rd it's size.

No he isn't. He still is many miles off. Remember distances in space are greater than we perceive.

King Kandy
Yeah but if it were a significant enough distance for the perspective to be all wacky, it would be greater then the Earth's diameter. Face it, when you look at that scan there's simply no way Ego is "about the size of a pyramid."

themadsurfer
Thor because of winds from 1000 worlds+mjolnir blows...or just the winds

janus77
Originally posted by Starscream M
Which of the following characters can lay waste to the entire world in the shortest amount of time?

Hulk

Superman

Storm

Magneto

Green Lantern (Kyle)

Thor
Hulk would be the fastest "World Breaker". Pretty much instantaneously obliterate the planet.

Magneto would be the next quickest, messing with the planet's core and magnetic field.

Thor / Storm would be third, pretty obvious how they would lay waste.

Superman would HV/punch his way around the planet.

GL would take the longest, imo.

-Pr-
Superman would fly through the planet, destroying it in seconds.

Storm shouldn't even be in this thread.

wolverinos
Superman.
storm cant destroy the world.

janus77
See below.
Originally posted by -Pr-
Superman would fly through the planet, destroying it in seconds.

Storm shouldn't even be in this thread.
He didn't ask for the world to be destroyed (though that is an option), but for the character to "lay waste" to it.

Storm should be able to do this, in the same manner as Thor would, with weather ****ery on a global-scale.

-Pr-
See below.

He didn't ask for the world to be destroyed (though that is an option), but for the character to "lay waste" to it.

Storm should be able to do this, in the same manner as Thor would, with weather ****ery on a global-scale.

Superman would still do it faster than Storm. She'd be the slowest by far.

wolverinos
See below.

with the speed superman has, he will be destroying every city, country and continent faster than either storm or thor would be able to create a tornado.

h1a8
See below.

Storm should be able to do this, in the same manner as Thor would, with weather ****ery on a global-scale. Not that I doubt it but what feat of normal Thor shows him being able to create weather on a global scale?

Also what reasoning is behind creating thunderstorms around the world somehow lays waste to the world?

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by themadsurfer
Thor because of winds from 1000 worlds+mjolnir blows...or just the winds
Thor ain't destroyin the earth faster with weather manipulation than him hammering it.

themadsurfer
Originally posted by celeyhyga17
Thor ain't destroyin the earth faster with weather manipulation than him hammering it.

Against glory he has summoned those winds very fast and they would certainly destroy the planet 1000 faster than if storm tried, but i think you're white just because I saw your "picture" and remembered thor striking the god-butcher and the planets shattering around them...

Shabazz916
Superman just needs to fly thru the core. And the planet would blow up.

Hulk could almost do the same thing.

LeonBuco666
WB or HoTM Hulk when he takes a shit

celeyhyga17
Against glory he has summoned those winds very fast and they would certainly destroy the planet 1000 faster than if storm tried, but i think you're white just because I saw your "picture" and remembered thor striking the god-butcher and the planets shattering around them...
Welcome to KMC new guy. That's unless ure a sock, then u are unwelcome. big grin
i think you're white just because I saw your "picture"
Anyways... Are u racist?

j/k

evil face

themadsurfer
I have a question... does the hulk reach worldbreaker when he wants? because if it is I think he could be the first but only in worldbreaker state otherwise I don't think he could even do it faster than storm.

celeyhyga17
Originally posted by LeonBuco666
WB or HoTM Hulk when he takes a shit
To be more precise, it's after he takes a shiet. When his anus closes back and thunder claps the hell out of whatever planet he's shittin on.

Rage.Of.Olympus

Lol.

LeonBuco666
To be more precise, it's after he takes a shiet. When his anus closes back and thunder claps the hell out of whatever planet he's shittin on. even more precisely, its a 2 shot on the earyh, the initial impact of the shit hitting the earths crust, and then a planet busting thunder ass clap, agreed

celeyhyga17
even more precisely, its a 2 shot on the earyh, the initial impact of the shit hitting the earths crust, and then a planet busting thunder ass clap, agreed
Thunder @$$ clap...

sick

Spire

Hulk

Superman

Storm

Magneto

Green Lantern (Kyle)

Thor

Probably the guy with super speed.

themadsurfer
Welcome to KMC new guy. That's unless ure a sock, then u are unwelcome. big grin

Anyways... Are u racist?

j/k

evil face

No!!!!! I'm sorry that's not what I meant I was talking about the picture of Thor that represents you I don't even know your face hahaha sorry man...
For example I'm new and I don't have an image that represents me

Wasn't there a fight where thor's shock waves from his hits shattered planets around them, correct me if I'm wrong and sorry for the misunderstanding again!!!

LeonBuco666
Thunder @$$ clap...

sick laughing out loud

curryman
Thor's global weather-disasters could probably destroy human civilization the fastest.

If it's simply leaving the earth barren then I'm sure Superman could do a global heat-vision sweep.

janus77
Hulk's fart >>> Thor & Superman?

Sounds about right.

LeonBuco666
Hulk's fart >>> Thor & Superman?

Sounds about right. laughing out loud dont take it so seriously

JayDaDon
Thunder @$$ clap...

sick

Lol just made me think of she-hulk twerking

janus77
laughing out loud dont take it so seriously
What? It's true.

-Pr-
Originally posted by JayDaDon
Lol just made me think of she-hulk twerking

Can't unsee. Don't want to, either.

LeonBuco666
Hahahaha, the combined power of hulks smelliest fart, and she-hulks loudest twerk, thats a damn solar system buster there

curryman
^That's disgusting, but I'm pretty sure She-Hulk's thunderqueef would destroy the sanity of any man on the planet.

LeonBuco666
^i think hulk would enjoy it imo

carver9

Hulk

Superman

Storm

Magneto

Green Lantern (Kyle)

Thor

Hulk
Kyle
Thor
Superman
Magneto
Storm

Zack Fair
Superman.

FTL speed flight to space. Planet-wide heat vision. GG.

carver9
He was amped when he did the planet wide heat vision. Sorry

Zack Fair
Shut up.

-Pr-
Don't act like he couldn't do it normally.

Zack Fair
He still destroys it faster than Hulk. So its all good.

Stoic
Originally posted by Zack Fair
He still destroys it faster than Hulk. So its all good.

Depends on the level of the Hulk in question. it was hinted on that one footfall in Vegas could have destroyed the planet, sooo...

Zack Fair
Nah.

Faster than light speed means he destroys earth faster than Hulk.

No way around that IMHO.

Sin I AM
Originally posted by Zack Fair
Nah.

Faster than light speed means he destroys earth faster than Hulk.

No way around that IMHO. thumb up

And u guys are short selling storm

-Pr-
Originally posted by Sin I AM
thumb up

And u guys are short selling storm

how?

Sin I AM
how?

Planetary hurricanes, hurricanes, tornados, etc can lay the planet to waste in no time. And she doesn't have to maintain it. Just start it. Nature will do the rest

-Pr-
Planetary hurricanes, hurricanes, tornados, etc can lay the planet to waste in no time. And she doesn't have to maintain it. Just start it. Nature will do the rest

you think she can waste a planet faster than say, superman?

assuming an average storm can do this kind of thing quickly enough to compete, I mean.

Sin I AM
you think she can waste a planet faster than say, superman?

assuming an average storm can do this kind of thing quickly enough to compete, I mean.

Yes. She doesn't have to go anywhere, it will just be a chain. And Clark is fast, really fast but I just don't see him doing it before her IMO. Do you have Netflix? There's a documentary there on extreme weather....pretty scary stuff

-Pr-
Yes. She doesn't have to go anywhere, it will just be a chain. And Clark is fast, really fast but I just don't see him doing it before her IMO. Do you have Netflix? There's a documentary there on extreme weather....pretty scary stuff

Given that he can fly up in to space and just fire large blasts of heat vision that will stretch for miles, I'm not so sure she can do it, tbh.

That, and I don't think that, on average, she's powerful enough to pull off something like that, especially in terms of speed.

Edit: I don't have Netflix, no.

abhilegend
At her most powerful, storm would've wasted North America in one week if she would've kept her storms at max power and let the chain reaction do all the work. Lulz @ her wasting a planet in less time than Superman,

abhilegend
He wasn't amped when he moved Krypton though.

wolverinos

that guy is like a wooden shard in the foot.
painful? no... disturbing and unnecessary? yes.

Endless Mike
Kyle

Sixth_Winged
Wish graviton was in this thread. He'd increase gravity by 100x fold on the planet and turn everyone into paste.

cdtm
http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/8392/60651236.jpg

Yeah, pre crisis power levels, but Superman could do that. smile

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.