Ultimates v 616 Counterparts

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

leonidas
so i've only JUST started getting into the ultimates. pretty good stuff. i'm curious about some of the relative power levels though. i'm going to list a bunch of characters. just tell me who would win a best of 10 between them and their own counterpart. first, the HEROES:

reed richards
invisible woman
thing
human torch
thor
hulk
captain america
dr strange
wolverine
colossus
cyclops
storm
daredevil
spidey
nick fury
ironman
iron fist
prof x
quicksilver

and some VILLAINS:

doom
dr ock
carnage
bullseye
green goblin
kraven
magneto
namor
omega red
sandman
sinister
sabertooth
venom
juggernaut

if you really want to help me figure some of this stuff out, just copy/paste the list and put 616 or ult beside each name to tell me who you think would win the best of 10. you can put too close to call as well if you think it's that close. also -- are there any obvious characters i've missed? and big villains? galactus is very different i think in the ult universe so wasn't sure he beared comparing.

ps -- yeah i know it's a lot of names, but, meh, no one says you gotta fill in all of them. smile

Endrict Nuul
This has been before and 616 wins.

leonidas
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul

that's nice and all, but . . . did you actually bother read what was asked?

severance
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul

Not all of them

Galan007
Reed, Captain America, and Namor, are the only 'Ultimate' versions that would beat their 616 counterparts, imo.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by severance
Not all of them

Most of them. However I haven't read any other titles except Ultimates and Ult Human.

Yowsa
Originally posted by Galan007
Reed, Captain America, and Namor, are the only 'Ultimate' versions that would beat their 616 counterparts, imo. Ultimate Cap would lose and why Reed?

Galan007
Originally posted by Yowsa
Ultimate Cap would lose. In your opinion -- but not in mine. smile

and why Reed?Feats.

leonidas
really? none of the villains could compete at all?

Yowsa
In your opinion -- but not in mine. smile

Feats. I didn't say any different that it was your opinion.

I don't read much 616 but what had Ultimate done that Reed can't or hasn't in comparison?

Galan007
Originally posted by leonidas
really? none of the villains could compete at all? Well... You listed Namor as a villain, and he would beat 616 Namor, imo. stick out tongue

I don't read much 616 but what had Ultimate done that Reed can't or hasn't in comparison? Ult. Reed has built a power suit, which duplicated the powers of the F4, and the Ultimates.

He also built a machine which turned his thoughts into three-dimensional constructs. Basically Reed enabled himself to turn his every thought into reality, with this device.

Built a device which could "bottle a Star", just to help power another machine.

And lets not forget about the "big bang gun" Reed built when he was only 19 years old.

Again,
just MO. smile

leonidas
Ult. Reed has built a power suit, which duplicated the powers of the F4, and the Ultimates.

He also built a machine which turned his thoughts into three-dimensional constructs. Basically Reed enabled himself to turn his every thought into reality, with this device.

Built a device which could "bottle a Star", just to help power another machine.

And lets not forget about the "big bang gun" Reed built when he was only 19 years old.

Again,
just MO. smile

really? ult reed has done ALL that? damn, he would have been a GREAT pick for a tournament . . . shifty

and are any of the other ult's close to their counterparts?

severance
ultimate cap his meta strength speed etc, not just peak. His tactical ability is off the scale he would def beat 616 cap

Blair Wind
really? ult reed has done ALL that? damn, he would have been a GREAT pick for a tournament . . . shifty

and are any of the other ult's close to their counterparts?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Priest
Reed, Captain America, and Namor, are the only 'Ultimate' versions that would beat their 616 counterparts, imo.
Totally Agree thumb up

leonidas
Originally posted by Blair Wind
roll eyes (sarcastic)

don't roll your eyes at me mister -- you're just sore cuz i took him first! big grin

leonidas
and in general, how MUCH more powerful are the 616 counterparts? seems the ults are weaker, but by how much?

cyberborg84
Ultimate Colossus is apparently stronger than his 616 counterpart. He's lifted a submarine (something 616 Pete hasn't done to my knowledge) and defeated Ultimate Thor in a fight (and while Ult Thor doesn't have the feats or apparent versatility of his 616 counterpart, he's still a heavyweight among the Ult bricks).

DigiMark007
You guys are missing a couple obvious ones.

In general, 616 >> Ultimate

Thing and Colossus I think would beat their 616 counterparts. Green Goblin and Namor might have a chance too.

Galan007
and in general, how MUCH more powerful are the 616 counterparts? seems the ults are weaker, but by how much? The main reason I put most of the 616'ers above the Ultimates, is because the 616 counterpars simply have more/better feats to their credit.

Akuki
Ultimate SuperSkrull beats 616 SuperSkrull

Bouboumaster
Ultimate Hulk... get his ass kicked by 616 Hulk.

Daredevil1
Cap sons U.Cap.

Cap's to fast, to skilled and way to American for U.Cap.... wink

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.