Aquaman vs Vargas

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptainStoic
In a fight to the death who would win?

Fight takes place on a boardwalk 500 meters from the ocean.

Who wins?

CaptainStoic
I forgot to add that there will be no outside help for either fighter.

CaptainStoic
This is a great fight IMO.

BentonGrey
Well, I'm afraid that I haven't a clue who Vargas is, and his wiki page didn't really give me a very good sense of his abilities. Still, I'll say that unless he has mental resistances, Aquaman COULD pull it out.

CaptainStoic
Vargas resisted Psylocke psi powers.

King_Mungi
While Aquaman's powers worked on a White Martian

CaptainStoic
Is this the only way that Aquaman would win against Vargas? Just because his powers worked on a White Martian does not mean that they would work on Vargas, he may just be highly resistant to Psi attacks, shyt be may be psi proof. There has to be another avenue of attack other than the mind for Arthur to exploit against Vargas.

CaptainStoic
I guess Arthur gets pwned.

BentonGrey
Well, like I said, I don't actually know the character, so I can't really say if Arthur could take him hand to hand. I would tend to give it to Aquaman just because I'm biased towards him, but that doesn't actually mean anything.

CaptainStoic

BentonGrey
Well, that's the wiki entry, but as per usual, it hardly elucidates matters completely. Just how MUCH super strength and speed does he have? Is he Quicksilver fast? Colossus strong?

CaptainStoic
Well he did cut a building down with one swipe of his broadsword.

King_Mungi
White Martian > Vargas

Aquaman can lift a city block, what does he care? Basically he has every advantage, please read up on Aquaman as you even said Spider-Man was stronger then him erm

iceman24567
Aquaman wins he is above 50 tons and he has an awesome magical hand.

llagrok
Originally posted by iceman24567
Aquaman wins he is above 50 tons and he has an awesome magical hand.

What on earth led you to believe that Aquaman is stronger than Vargas?

He dropped Rogue with 2 punches.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by llagrok

sarcasm?

rougeredmage
i have never read aquaqman but i have herd that he has had a lot of rough treatment over the years...... thus i am going to go with him because i do not like the sound of this vagas chap

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by llagrok

In the water Aquaman would likely take it but on land? Vargas would scale him and gut him.

King_Mungi
Ummm...what? Aquaman dosn't get weaker on land like Namor does. Thanks to his magical hand he doesn't dehydrate erm

Mindset
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Ummm...what? Aquaman dosn't get weaker on land like Namor does. Thanks to his magical hand he doesn't dehydrate erm

He could possibly be talking about Aquaman's ability to communicate with the sea life and how his maneuverability would be >>>> that of Vargas'.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Mindset
He could possibly be talking about Aquaman's ability to communicate with the sea life and how his maneuverability would be >>>> that of Vargas'.

That's exactly what I was talking about. If Arthur somehow got Vargas into the ocean he would win. On land though, it would be a good fight for a while, but Aquaman would die.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Mindset

Aquaman has shown to control humans, birds and aliens on land. Plus as noted his speed on land

1. http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2264/aquamanspeedfeat09yn1.gif
2. http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/2624/aquamanspeedfeat10nz9.jpg

Originally posted by CaptainStoic
That's exactly what I was talking about. If Arthur somehow got Vargas into the ocean he would win. On land though, it would be a good fight for a while, but Aquaman would die.

On what grounds? Why because he beat Rogue, Beast and Psylocke?....wow.

Get back to me when Vargas rips one of the heads off of Cerebrus and throws it breaking the gates of hell or takes on the Justice League on his own.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by King_Mungi
Aquaman has shown to control humans, birds and aliens on land. Plus as noted his speed on land

1. http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/2264/aquamanspeedfeat09yn1.gif
2. http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/2624/aquamanspeedfeat10nz9.jpg

On what grounds? Why because he beat Rogue, Beast and Psylocke?....wow.

Get back to me when Vargas rips one of the heads off of Cerebrus and throws it breaking the gates of hell or takes on the Justice League on his own.

Cerberus??? listen Vargas is a genius tactician, I'm sure he would, and could replicate the same feat.

Anyone can take on the Justice League, it just gets tricky when one can actually claim victory from them.

Vargas is not human, did you read his bio? Aquaman may not be able to affect Vargas at all with his TP, in fact Vargas may not be able to be affected at all by TP assault or weren't you paying attention?

I wonder how resilient Aquaman would be, if Rogue kissed him or held onto him while touching him for a straight minute?

Rogue was able to imprint Vargas' power but even this did not knock him out. Like I said Aquaman in the ocean would beat most people, but on land, against Vargas he would surely lose.

King_Mungi
Cerberus??? listen Vargas is a genius tactician, I'm sure he would, and could replicate the same feat.

Anyone can take on the Justice League, it just gets tricky when one can actually claim victory from them.

Vargas is not human, did you read his bio? Aquaman may not be able to affect Vargas at all with his TP, in fact Vargas may not be able to be affected at all by TP assault or weren't you paying attention?

I wonder how resilient Aquaman would be, if Rogue kissed him or held onto him while touching him for a straight minute?

Rogue was able to imprint Vargas' power but even this did not knock him out. Like I said Aquaman in the ocean would beat most people, but on land, against Vargas he would surely lose.

As in the three headed dog that guards hell. Ummm...so is Aquaman he does command one of the most powerful armies on DC Earth. Also the feat Aquaman did it with pure strength and skill. Also show me evidence Vargas COULD replicate that feat

Have you seen the fight? or for that matter any of Aquaman's fights and feats? erm

Ummm..lulz? Those were examples of Aquaman taking control over non-aquatic beings. If he could take over a White Martian who is vastly superior to Vargas in any way shape or form he is pretty screwed here. Why because he blocked Psylocke? So that makes him immune to all telepathy? Please show me evidence he is immune to all telepathy then. Hell, Moon Knight blocked Psylocke before, but he isn't immune to telepathy

*Shrugs* For all we know his magical hand would heal him, which it has done so in the past. Also didn't later Rogue's powers worked later on Vargas? Also not like it matters as Aquaman's powers are completly different from Rogue so not sure even how that's relevant. As there have been several characters who wern't affected by Rogue's power

On what grounds? You havn't provided any reasoning as Aquaman has every advantage in this battle even on land erm
-----
EDIT:

You over-hype Vargas:

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=478795&pagenumber=1

BentonGrey
I do have to say that it seems to me that Aquaman is in another class mentally than Psylocke. She would have more experience in psy battles, but Arthur arguably has the most powerful mind on DC earth....especially focusing his telepathy through the hand. Heck, he was able to break into Martian Manhunter's mind without even trying. I still don't know enough to really call this, but I'd put Aquaman up against most people who aren't Superman level and expect him to hold his own.

CaptainStoic
Way to go, you actually danced around everything that I said about Vargas. I can do the same thing.... Rogue alone would dispacth Aquaman with a touch, and while there have been a few people that have resisted her touch Aquaman would not be one of them. Vargas however was. If it was written that Psylocke could not affect him via TP assault, perhaps he could remain unfazed by a greater TP manipulator... he's shown the ability to resist this form of attack, but then again you make it seem like Aquaman is in the same league as professor Xavier, when he clearly doesn't have the feats to support such a wild claim.

I know where this is going with you Mungi, so I'll keep my opinion as to who would win and you can keep yours, the fact remains that Vargas is tougher than Arthur. He is also clearly stronger than a class 50, being able to wipe the floor with Rogue in a few hits.

King_Mungi
Way to go, you actually danced around everything that I said about Vargas. I can do the same thing.... Rogue alone would dispacth Aquaman with a touch, and while there have been a few people that have resisted her touch Aquaman would not be one of them. Vargas however was. If it was written that Psylocke could not affect him via TP assault, perhaps he could remain unfazed by a greater TP manipulator... he's shown the ability to resist this form of attack, but then again you make it seem like Aquaman is in the same league as professor Xavier, when he clearly doesn't have the feats to support such a wild claim.

I know where this is going with you Mungi, so I'll keep my opinion as to who would win and you can keep yours, the fact remains that Vargas is tougher than Arthur. He is also clearly stronger than a class 50, being able to wipe the floor with Rogue in a few hits.

What points did you make? Seriously what points did you make? Ummm..lulz? Because Vargas has a resistance to ROGUE that automatically means he can beat Aquaman? Bad logic. So like I said where is your proof? and no he isn't Xavier level, but are you claiming Vargas has Xavier level telepathy defence? Proof?

And your opinion is wrong, and Aquaman is cearly stronger then class 50 and Vargas is tougher? prove it, you claim a lot but back up nothing erm

BentonGrey
I'd argue that Aquaman is DEFINITELY Xavier class or above in raw power, he just doesn't have the experience to utilize it. I have to say, breaking into a world class mentalist like MM without even TRYING to is really a huge feat. I have to say that puts him WELL above Psylocke. The whole thing with Rogue's absorption powers is rather irrelevant. It doesn't necessarily tell us anything pertinent about Vargas. After all, she couldn't absorb Juggernaut's powers because they were magical, so, since Vargas is so shrouded in secrecy, perhaps the same is true of him? Either way, it really doesn't have any bearing on the matter at hand.

Him wiping the floor with Rogue, well at least that gives us something to compare. To do so, well, Rogue was class 50 or something, right? Heck, Aquaman has gone toe to toe with class 100s on a pretty regular basis. In fact, he and his son beat an entire team (the Deep Six) who had given Orion trouble one on one. He's also tangled with Lobo and come out of it alive....I've got to say, I haven't heard anything about Vargas that makes me say "wow, Aquaman can't beat that guy."

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.