Gambit vs Sabretooth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master-Borg
Sabretooth murders Rogue. Gambit tracks down Sabretooth in an abandoned warehouse.

Gambit has 6 decks of cards and his staff.

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/2000/1499/47448-gambit_400.jpg

Gecko4lif
sabes had no adamantium before his death

Gambit turns him into a stain on the ground

Mr. Slippyfist
So... it's Sabedog with a powerup... shifty

snoopdogg
Gambit.

spidey-dude
if wolverine can take out gambit than remy is no match for sab.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by spidey-dude
if wolverine can take out gambit than remy is no match for sab. Oh. Never thought of it that way.

MightyEInherjar
IMO, Sabertooth is going to hunt Gambit down in the warehouse and feed him is own jambalaya.

golem370
I read the bio of Gambit can charge objects by just looking at them?

snoopdogg
Originally posted by golem370
I read the bio of Gambit can charge objects by just looking at them? I always thought he had to touch them. When he was New Son I think he could do that though.

llagrok
Gambit lost the powers gained from Apocalypse quite some time ago, yeah?

And he has to touch objects in order to detonate them.

golem370
Yeah I just read that

jinzin
Sabretooth has a pretty bad history getting owned by Gambit, but there's almost always circumstances that play into it.

Wolverine owns Remmy everyday of the week, but I think it has slightly to do with his skill level and application of dodging and agility where as Sabretooth just goes at him like a wrecking ball.

Regardless. If Sabe's healing factor is at it's best, he'll steamroll Gambit. If it's not.. Well then Gambit drops him ftw.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by jinzin
Sabretooth has a pretty bad history getting owned by Gambit, but there's almost always circumstances that play into it.

Wolverine owns Remmy everyday of the week, but I think it has slightly to do with his skill level and application of dodging and agility where as Sabretooth just goes at him like a wrecking ball.

Regardless. If Sabe's healing factor is at it's best, he'll steamroll Gambit. If it's not.. Well then Gambit drops him ftw. Now don't blow your nuts out but I have a question. If you think a medium portrayal Sabretooth can't beat Gambit why do you look down on Blade stalemateing Gambit?

Phantom Zone
Were still waiting for an explanation jin. no expression

llagrok
Regardless. If Sabe's healing factor is at it's best, he'll steamroll Gambit. If it's not.. Well then Gambit drops him ftw.

Co-sign

snoopdogg
How many times have these two fought? I just saw the one in the respect thread of Gambit that happened in issue #9.

jinzin
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Now don't blow your nuts out but I have a question. If you think a medium portrayal Sabretooth can't beat Gambit why do you look down on Blade stalemateing Gambit?

Lol, blow my nuts out?

Okay, you have to understand that when I see a fight like this here, I imagine Sabretooth trying to run in on Remmy like a freight train while he unloads a whole deck of cards on Sabretooth.

Could Sabes dodge em? Sure, if he tried, he has some nice dodging feats against machine gun fire from Punisher, and Cyclops' octic blasts.. But by-enlarge he's simply not typically portrayed like that.

It's all about stylized matchups, I don't think Wolverine or Blade for that matter would try to negotiate Remmy until he had exhausted his load.. but even then, here, he's got 6 friggin decks!.. Sabretooth would be hard pressed to stand up to that.

As for why I look down on the "stalemate". It's just not impressive when you're considering comparative examples between Blade and Wolverine. Wolverine's beat Gambit 3 consecutive times. The ONLY time gambit's even presented a challange to Wolverine was when he used the danger room to basically cheat into getting the jump on Wolvie.

I fail to see how the fight between Blade and him is even remotely supposed to impress me. Blade got the jump on Remmy, and even then was disarmed of one of his swords, and got knocked to the ground with a kick. Gambit only chucked one or two cards at him, nothing like what I imagine this fight to be at all.

If Sabretooth was in the same position, close quarters h2h, he would have railed right through Remmy and infact has with one hit.

Phantom Zone
*sigh*

jinzin
How many times have these two fought? I just saw the one in the respect thread of Gambit that happened in issue #9.

Quite a few times. But like I said, it's always with circumstances.

Let's see. Gambit jumped him twice while staying at the X-mansion.

once was while Sabretooth was still recovering from his brain injury.
The other was before the injury but when Sabretooth had his restraints on, just maxed out the danger room, and wanted Gambit/somone to kill him.

In Gambit 9, Sabretooh got chumped but he was practically already on his deathbed when Gambit even got to him.

gambit also chucked a card in his mouth and blew him out a window in New X-men, but that was after Sabretooth roughoused with Juggy and was in the middle of trying to kill somone else iirc.

Sabretooth has mentioned beating Gambit in a previous fight off panel, even referencing having tasted his blood before X-men 6.
He also one shotted him in X-men unlimited 3.

jinzin
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
*sigh* That's basically what I do every time I see you post. no expression

Of course when I read the post I'm usually like this > laughing out loud

wink

Phantom Zone
Quite a few times. But like I said, it's always with circumstances.

Let's see. Gambit jumped him twice while staying at the X-mansion.

once was while Sabretooth was still recovering from his brain injury.
The other was before the injury but when Sabretooth had his restraints on, just maxed out the danger room, and wanted Gambit/somone to kill him.

In Gambit 9, Sabretooh got chumped but he was practically already on his deathbed when Gambit even got to him.

gambit also chucked a card in his mouth and blew him out a window in New X-men, but that was after Sabretooth roughoused with Juggy and was in the middle of trying to kill somone else iirc.

Sabretooth has mentioned beating Gambit in a previous fight off panel, even referencing having tasted his blood before X-men 6.
He also one shotted him in X-men unlimited 3.

I just looked at Xmen unlimited issue 3 and I cant see Gambit or Sabretooth fighting at all in it.

Also Gambit did not throw one or two cards but loads at Blade.

snoopdogg
I always thought that Gambit went for a leg sweep and Blade flipped out of the way. It looked like it was a low kick and then Blade was shown doing a flip.

Any chance of scans of any Sabes and Gambit fights?

Phantom Zone
I always thought that Gambit went for a leg sweep and Blade flipped out of the way. It looked like it was a low kick and then Blade was shown doing a flip.

Or issue numbers because it seems you were incorrect about Xmen unlimited issue 3. There also seem to be different volumes of the Gambit series.

snoopdogg

Also Gambit did not throw one or two cards but loads at Blade. According to the narration it was a "mouth full of exploding cards".

Phantom Zone
According to the narration it was a "mouth full of exploding cards".

Ok that dont sound like one or two to me. If you look at the picture there was alot of stuff exploding so it must have been quite a few.

jinzin
I just looked at Xmen unlimited issue 3 and I cant see Gambit or Sabretooth fighting at all in it.

Also Gambit did not throw one or two cards but loads at Blade.

Loads? you mean like 1 or 2.

Which series of unlimited? there's more than one.

According to the narration it was a "mouth full of exploding cards".

which looks like one or two. And in sabretooth's case has been 1 lol.

It looks like Blade's getting kicked in the head/arm/upper torso somewhere. I imagine that's why he doesn't land on his feat like Gambit but his belly instead.

Phantom Zone
Loads? you mean like 1 or 2.

Which series of unlimited? there's more than one.

Why are you assuming that its 1 or 2, typical.

Not sure i'll have to check and im too tired right now but its obvoulsy not the one ive got.

which looks like one or two. And in sabretooth's case has been 1 lol.

There was alot of stuff exploding in the background it seemed like alot.

It looks like Blade's getting kicked in the head/arm/upper torso somewhere. I imagine that's why he doesn't land on his feat like Gambit but his belly instead.

Agreed but that doesnt mean he would have lost the fight.

snoopdogg

It looks like Blade's getting kicked in the head/arm/upper torso somewhere. I imagine that's why he doesn't land on his feat like Gambit but his belly instead. The panel before shows Gambit blocking a sword strike from Blade and it appears Gambit may have been on one knee and looking up at Blade. So I think Gambits next move was the leg sweep and then Blade rolled or flipped with it and landed on his hands and knees. Depends on how you look at it.

redhotrash
I seem to remember Gambit downing Wolverine, pinning him with his staff at Logan's throat, and saying something along the lines of "bang your dead" during some Shiar incident. Either way it depends on how both are written, and neither outcome would be ridiculous. Gambit paying Deadpool not to fight him kinda hurt his street cred.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by redhotrash
I seem to remember Gambit downing Wolverine, pinning him with his staff at Logan's throat, and saying something along the lines of "bang your dead" during some Shiar incident. Either way it depends on how both are written, and neither outcome would be ridiculous. Gambit paying Deadpool not to fight him kinda hurt his street cred. I don't remember Gambit doing that to Logan. But I have not read all their fights.

Phantom Zone
I seem to remember Gambit downing Wolverine, pinning him with his staff at Logan's throat, and saying something along the lines of "bang your dead" during some Shiar incident.

roll eyes (sarcastic) Wouldnt be suprised. Got the issue number?

jinzin
There was alot of stuff exploding in the background it seemed like alot. There's only two cards on panel. One card can cause an explosion, so that's not surprising. But it wasn't a full deck...

I also imagine the term Mouthfull was more a reference to them being a bit awe inspiring, keeping Blade from getting in a word edgewise. Not necessarily that there were multitudes of them.

Agreed but that doesnt mean he would have lost the fight. I didn't say it did, I'm just explaining why what we DID see didn't impress me whatsoever.

redhotrash
Not off hand, anyone have it maybe? Also this is a bloodlusted Gambit, not sure how that'd play into it.

jinzin
The panel before shows Gambit blocking a sword strike from Blade and it appears Gambit may have been on one knee and looking up at Blade. So I think Gambits next move was the leg sweep and then Blade rolled or flipped with it and landed on his hands and knees. Depends on how you look at it. Gambit's doing a jump kick at the end of that fight what are you talking about?

snoopdogg

I didn't say it did, I'm just explaining why what we DID see didn't impress me whatsoever. Dodging Gambits cards is pretty impressive. Not sure Sabes has done that.

jinzin
I seem to remember Gambit downing Wolverine, pinning him with his staff at Logan's throat, and saying something along the lines of "bang your dead" during some Shiar incident. Either way it depends on how both are written, and neither outcome would be ridiculous. Gambit paying Deadpool not to fight him kinda hurt his street cred.

Sorry but you remember incorrectly, that incident was before the Shiar arc with Deathbird. That's the very one where Gambit uses the danger room to get the jump on Logan (more specifically a Lady Deathstrike construct). He says that and the panel cuts away from the rest though it's safe to say Wolverine submitted.

Later during the actual Shiar arc, Gambit tries to get the jump on Logan and repeats the "bang you dead" quote only to have Wolverine throw Gambit off of him and have him dead to rights before the X-men came to save his ass.

jinzin
Dodging Gambits cards is pretty impressive. Not sure Sabes has done that. Not sure if that's more impressive than dodging punisher machine gun fire, and optice blasts.. but I guess you can think what you wish.

snoopdogg
I remember Ult. X-Men where Gambit chumped Logan. Details are vague though.

Phantom Zone
There's only two cards on panel. One card can cause an explosion, so that's not surprising. But it wasn't a full deck...

I didnt say it was a full deck. I said it must have been quite alot due to the size of the explosion. I know one card can cause an explosion but not that big. The explosions indiacate the amount of cards he must have thrown.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/BladeandGambit2.jpg

What there were only two cards on panel you mean those red lines? So why is there stuff exploding behind him? The redlines (which indicate the cards) + explosions indicate there were much more than two cards thrown.

I remember Ult. X-Men where Gambit chumped Logan. Details are vague though.

Bro dont disgrace yourself thats a different universe and that doesnt apply here. eek!

Not sure if that's more impressive than dodging punisher machine gun fire, and optice blasts.. but I guess you can think what you wish.

Whats your point? because its not Cyclops or the Punisher its crap. I dont think Blade has dodged DDs baton either, therefore Blade is crap...brilliant point thumb up

Sorry but you remember incorrectly, that incident was before the Shiar arc with Deathbird. That's the very one where Gambit uses the danger room to get the jump on Logan (more specifically a Lady Deathstrike construct). He says that and the panel cuts away from the rest though it's safe to say Wolverine submitted.

Later during the actual Shiar arc, Gambit tries to get the jump on Logan and repeats the "bang you dead" quote only to have Wolverine throw Gambit off of him and have him dead to rights before the X-men came to save his ass.

Issue numbers please so I can read it for myself.

snoopdogg
Not sure if that's more impressive than dodging punisher machine gun fire, and optice blasts.. but I guess you can think what you wish. Blade's never been in that situation so we can't assume. However he has evaded Gambit's charged throwing cards.

redhotrash
Ah Im wrong then, either way it somewhat shows Gambit is a pretty resourceful fighter. I think bloodlusted he could definately take this. Especially since Creed would play true to character and blow the opening moments by taunting him.

jinzin
I didnt say it was a full deck. I said it must have been quite alot due to the size of the explosion. I know one card can cause an explosion but not that big. The explosions indiacate the amount of cards he must have thrown.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/BladeandGambit2.jpg

What there were only two cards on panel you mean those red lines? So why is there stuff exploding behind him? The redlines (which indicate the cards) + explosions indicate there were much more than two cards thrown.

The explosion is moderately bigger than the tombstone in the background. It's not massive.
Okay three cards. It's still not enough to impress me.

Whats your point? because its not Cyclops or the Punisher its crap. I dont think Blade has dodged DDs baton either, therefore Blade is crap...brilliant point thumb up.
To me it seems as though Snoop is trying to accredit Blade as faster than Sabretooth by claiming that Blade has done something Sabretooth hasn't. All I'm saying is that Sabretooth not dodging Gambits cards doesn't mean much when he's dodged faster things.
It also isn't really a suitable thing to say given that every encounter between Gambit and Sabretooth have been circumstantial. erm

Issue numbers please so I can read it for myself. Don't know the numbers off the top of my head.

jinzin
Ah Im wrong then, either way it somewhat shows Gambit is a pretty resourceful fighter. I think bloodlusted he could definately take this. Especially since Creed would play true to character and blow the opening moments by taunting him. lol, Well that's probably true enough.

cdtm
Gambit wins, with ease.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.