Travis Touchdown vs. Ryu Hayabusa

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

First_Tsurugi06
Santa Destroy's Otaku Assassin takes on the avenger of the Hayabusa Village, in a strictly one-on-one sword-only duel ('cuz everyone's favorite Otaku would not last otherwise IMO). Ryu gets the Dragon Sword, and Travis gets the Tsubaki Mk III(solely because it looks the most like a Katana, which I think it played to). No Darkside Travis, no Ninpo.

Personally, I think Travis would actually put up a good fight for a while, but I don't see him catching Ryu off guard very easily. If he can land a good suplex on Ryu, then he'd have the precious moment to take the win, otherwise, Ryu probably takes this one without over-exerting himself too much.

Superboy Prime
Who is this Travis? Does he have a respect thread?

First_Tsurugi06
http://www.wiiliving.com/wp-content/uploads/2007/11/no_more_heroes_travis_touchdown_20061201.jpg

Travis Touchdown is the protagonist of the Wii's recent action title, No More Heroes (great game overall. It held me out when I waited for Smash Bros. and I still play it whenever I'm not Brawling) He's an Otaku who wins a Beam Katana in an online auction and becomes a hitman to make ends meet basically. He doesn't look very tough, but he can take a pretty good beating, and dish out some pretty bloody ones due probably to the game's overall stylistic atmosphere. He's voiced by Robin Atkin Downes, who also voiced Samanosuke Akechi.

First_Tsurugi06
Here's his arsenal

Those are three of his four beam Katanas. The Tsubaki MK III is not there, but it's basically a green katana-like blade that doesn't hae any gadgets holding the blade in place, with a tsuba in the shape of a kanji that I have yet to make out. To be short, it's the most reminiscent of a lightsaber of the four beam katanas Travis has.

But unlike Lightsabers, they don't instantly cut through any material but their own; they kind of replicate an actual blade, so parrying/blocking is possible for Ryu in this fight.

Burning thought
id say Ryu should do it rather easily, this guy doesnt look fast, or exceeding powerful and the Dragon blade is quite powerful from what ive heard

Thunder Fox
Ryu Wins but not before getting delt a good amount of damage only cause that damn saber needs to be recharge if that didnt happen my vote would got to Travis

First_Tsurugi06
Speedwise, Travis can pull off a pretty good anime-esque dozens-of-slashes-in-an-instant move before the opponent can get back on guard. He can also deflect gunfire fairly easily, so he's got some good reflexes to say the least. So if he's behind Ryu in speed, which wouldn't be a surprise either way, it's not by so much that it's completely one-sided.

Here's an example of the beatings he can take outside of gameplay (that's also the Tsubaki MK III Travis is holding):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvsRfczjsLw

EDIT: Yeah, I forgot about the whole battery thing :P. There IS an upgrade that makes it so the Beam Katana never runs out of energy though. If you think that evens the score, then you acn take that into account.

Thunder Fox
oh that is interesting then concidering he managed to take on that crazy ass sister of his and keep up with her id say Travis wins

Avlon
I'd give it to Travis. His damage soak is inhuman. I would have rated these 2 guys even until that battle with Speed buster and her ridiculously huge laser.

Otherwise than that...both characters are pretty even in the badass human category.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vzXSCLEMCsU

Csdabest
Thing is Ryu TDS can cut through energy. Which I just realized from a certain test in NGB while fighting VE.

First_Tsurugi06
Which is why it's the base Dragon Sword he has in this duel. Technically, Ryu doesn't even need the TDS, 'cuz Travis isn't really any kind of demonic essence, just a Video Game and Moe Anime fanatic who just so happens to kick ass. But rest assured, I don't think beam katanas are able to cut through every substance possible at instant contact (of course, one DID cut clean through both a human body and a large door simultaneously about three minutes into the intro, but Travis had to swing it just like any ordinary sword). Like I said, blocking/parrying isn't out of the question.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.