Galactus vs Monarch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptainStoic
Galactus has just consumed a star half the size as our star, who wins this?

iceman24567
If the Sentry can stalemate him Monarch one shots him with ease no expression.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by iceman24567
If the Sentry can stalemate him Monarch one shots him with ease no expression.

Ha ha ha! Good one................ but seriously.

iceman24567
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
Ha ha ha! Good one................ but seriously. I am serious you a few of you guys throw that around like it's a high showing so like i said if the Sentry can stalemate him Monarch can one shot him with relative ease eek!

CaptainStoic
I am serious you a few of you guys throw that around like it's a high showing so like i said if the Sentry can stalemate him Monarch can one shot him with relative ease eek!

Do you know what fore-shadowing means??? Listen buddy, The Sentry has yet to tap into his true power, and when you see this, I will be the first to ram it down your throat. Let me spell it out for you, because you seem to have missed the point. Now pay attention, Sentry lost his memory, and therefore is inept at using his powers to their full degree.
When Marvel decides to put him at full power we will see just how powerful he truly is.

This is not about Sentry it's about Galactus vs Monarch... as we all know Galactus is rarely at the same power level, it is quite possible that Sentry fought Galen and stalemated him at a lower level.

But can we get back on topic?

iceman24567
I was on topic you were the one that went on with your Sentry bull. The Sentry went all out against the Hulk we saw what he could do and it was not impressive Monarch koed 50 Captain Atoms and alot of herald level characters he is 10 times what Then Sentry is so like i said if The Sentry can stalemate him Monarch can crush Galactus with one finger. How is that for ramming actual feats down your throat?

Southern_Rebel
I'd say Big G would have to be at more than half power to beat Monarch....meaning G would have to consume a little bit more than just that star to win this fight....IMO.

CaptainStoic
I was on topic you were the one that went on with your Sentry bull. The Sentry went all out against the Hulk we saw what he could do and it was not impressive Monarch koed 50 Captain Atoms and alot of herald level characters he is 10 times what Then Sentry is so like i said if The Sentry can stalemate him Monarch can crush Galactus with one finger. How is that for ramming actual feats down your throat?

You still don't get it do you? I'll just let time show you the error of your ways.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Southern_Rebel
I'd say Big G would have to be at more than half power to beat Monarch....meaning G would have to consume a little bit more than just that star to win this fight....IMO.

Ok lets bump Galactus' power level up to two stars 10x the size of our star.

iceman24567
You still don't get it do you? I'll just let time show you the error of your ways. How about basing your posts on things characters actually do instead of what you want Marvel to let them do. I will let life show you the errors of your ways because reality is a *****.

Southern_Rebel
Ok lets bump Galactus' power level up to two stars 10x the size of our star.

Who knows?? How much does Galactus need to eat...precisely...to reach 75% to 100% power levels?

Mindset
Galactus wins, he'll just eat Monarch shifty

iceman24567
Ok how about this Galactus was stalemated by 1 million exploding suns Monarch is a big bang. A million exploding suns < big bang.

Mindset
Ok how about this Galactus was stalemated by 1 million exploding suns Monarch is a big bang. A million exploding suns < big bang.

Ok, how about Monarch's released energy, not an actual attack from him, destroyed the universe and a Monitor easily shielded himself from it.

Monitors > Galactus?

CaptainStoic

So are you saying that Galactus would win? Monarch blew up when his containment was ruptured correct? Galactus survived the destruction of the previous universe, so could he survive if Monarch went boom. Yes? No? Or is Monarch way out of Galactus' league?

Superboy Prime
Monarch goes Bing Bang on Big G. Big G gets in a cosmic egg(somehow >&gtwink and lives. If he dies he lives as the next Eternity.

Right?

iceman24567
So the Sentry has to blow up to be the equivalence of a million exploding suns too right? Monarch's energy is a big bang and The Sentry's energy equals a million exploding suns though we haven't seen it so it looks like hyperbole to me. Monarch's energy > The Sentry's energy. So a Monitor shielded himself from a big bang is that a low feat for a big bang or a high feat for that Monitor?

Superboy Prime
To be honest I think using the extremely vague, off panel Sentry " feat " (which I don't consider a feat but stupidity) is not a way to judge a fight between the two.

Endrict Nuul
The Sentry is not in this God damn fight!!!! and he didn't stalemate Galactus.

Southern_Rebel
If Monarch's energy is a big bang...then, is he as powerful or more so than Imperiex Prime? Prime is the big bang more or less.

Mindset
So the Sentry has to blow up to be the equivalence of a million exploding suns too right? Monarch's energy is a big bang and The Sentry's energy equals a million exploding suns though we haven't seen it so it looks like hyperbole to me. Monarch's energy > The Sentry's energy. So a Monitor shielded himself from a big bang is that a low feat for a big bang or a high feat for that Monitor?

If the Monitor can shield himself so could Galactus.

iceman24567
Originally posted by Mindset
If the Monitor can shield himself so could Galactus. Has Galactus ever done that? Just because a cat can catch a mouse it doesn't mean a dog can no expression.

Endrict Nuul
Wait......Galactus doesn't have shields?

Mindset
Has Galactus ever done that? Just because a cat can catch a mouse it doesn't mean a dog can no expression.

A dog can catch a mouse. smile

Also I'm pretty sure him or one of his heralds has created energy forcefields.

iceman24567
A dog can catch a mouse. smile

Also I'm pretty sure him or one of his heralds has created energy forcefields. That have resisted a big bang like attack? You have no on panel evidence to your claim no expression. ?Do you know how powerful a big bang is?

Mindset
It destroyed the universe, it's pretty self explanatory how strong it is.

Yet Monitors were being beaten or at the very least hurt by attack much weaker than even planet destroying attacks, yet a Monitor easily shielded himself from the blast.

Also you seem to think Monarch is able to destroy universes w/o himself being destroyed.

id369
If the Monitor can shield himself so could Galactus.

If a ****ing plant can shield itself, so can Galactus. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Superboy Prime
lol

iceman24567
Originally posted by id369
If a ****ing plant can shield itself, so can Galactus. roll eyes (sarcastic) On the same note if a million exploding suns can stalemate Galactus a ****ing big bang can too. See i can play that game. eek!

Sirius77
Originally posted by id369
If a ****ing plant can shield itself, so can Galactus. roll eyes (sarcastic)

You're forgetting that was that moniters universe to protect. Perhaps he had some kinfd of influence over it. We really dont know the circumstances. We dont know what he did.

Superboy Prime
I don't think he did anything. His shields just saved it by the looks of it. It looked to me like he wasn't even aware that it survived.

Dark-Jaxx
...Is he serious or just fvcking with you guys?

Mindset
Who are you talking about?

Endrict Nuul
On the same note if a million exploding suns can stalemate Galactus a ****ing big bang can too. See i can play that game. eek!

He didn't stalemate Galactus.......Where's the fight to prove it?

Superboy Prime
No where .Just Spide's words. Which I wouldn't take for granted.

Endrict Nuul
Who are you talking about?

iceman24567 with his Sentry stalemating Galactus crap.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
No where .Just Spide's words. Which I wouldn't take for granted.

I know....

Mindset
Iceman is either joking, trolling, or is an idiot.

Endrict Nuul
Iceman is either joking, trolling, or is an idiot.

Maybe he needs to be report for all 3....

Superboy Prime
I think he is drunk or stoned.

Sirius77
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
iceman24567 with his Sentry stalemating Galactus crap.

He wasnt being serious. He was making fun of the people who do believe that.

King_Mungi
He didn't stalemate Galactus.......Where's the fight to prove it?

Apparently he did, Spider-Man referenced it in the first Sentry mini

iceman24567
He didn't stalemate Galactus.......Where's the fight to prove it? Since that so called stalemate is a actual feat for a few really delusional people on here i used it as an examples. You won't find the fight until Marvel actually makes it real on panel in some legit way and not a stupid Peter Parker rant smile

Endrict Nuul
Either way the joke doesn't belong in this thread anyways.

iceman24567
Either way the joke doesn't belong in this thread anyways. I wasn't a joke do you see me laughing no expression. Seriously i can't help but to point out these off the wall statements like the Sentry thing when it's obvious Monarch shouldn't win against a fed Galactus.

Endrict Nuul
edit.

quanchi112
Galactus wins.

Mindset
I wasn't a joke do you see me laughing no expression. Seriously i can't help but to point out these off the wall statements like the Sentry thing when it's obvious Monarch shouldn't win against a fed Galactus.

But some people will think you actually know what you're talking about and end up being misinformed.

iceman24567
But some people will think you actually know what you're talking about and end up being misinformed. Hmm interesting.

Mindset
Then I'll have to tell them they are idiots, and it will ruin there self esteem, which will eventually lead to them committing suicide.

So what you're doing is basically murder.

Superboy Prime
But some people will think you actually know what you're talking about and end up being misinformed.

Yep.

iceman24567
Then I'll have to tell them they are idiots, and it will ruin there self esteem, which will eventually lead to them committing suicide.

So what you're doing is basically murder. Oh noes the Cia will stop hunting Bin Laden and come after me osama Happy Dance

Superboy Prime

So what you're doing is basically murder.

Mad world...

MightyEInherjar
Couldn't Galactus theoretically 'eat' him like he did the Dreaming Celestial? Wouldn't this fight be directly up Galactus' alley? I mean, consuming and manipulation insane amounts of energy is kind of his entire existance...

Sirius77
Pretty much...

Mr Master
Also,
Galactus contains the energies of an infinite Star within him,
proven when he was disembodied and returned to his natural state on panel.
(may explain why he's destined to become the next totality of Eternity)

Johnny (while possessing herald level omniscience)
stated that Galactus actually embodied an entire Cosmos.

Plausible?

Heck yea,
an alternate Galactus ripped his chest open and spewed out a Universe.

A future-self of 616 Galactus, as we all know, (Black Celestial arc)
was in the process of not only absorbing his respective future-Timeline,
but according to Reed, ALL of History as well (meaning all Creation)

This was further corroborated by the Guardians of the Galaxy in their run,
as they also stated that Galactus was consuming "ALL Existence"

(and Present 616 Galactus > any other counter-part)

It seems Galactus' need to feed is only consequential while he's in his armor btw.

Just sayin fellas, a bit of comparative scenarios concerning "big bangs" ... smile

Mr. Slippyfist
Galactus drops some time on his dome piece.

guy222
Galactus FTW

In regards to Tiamut and Galactus. We all know wat happened when Tiamut awoke 500,000 yrs later

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by guy222
Galactus FTW

In regards to Tiamut and Galactus. We all know wat happened when Tiamut awoke 500,000 yrs later

So what happened Guy?

guy222
Uatu and Galactus fear the Greatest Celestial(Earth-616)

Gaiman's Eternals, I highly recommend

Tenebrous
Originally posted by Mr Master
Also,
Galactus contains the energies of an infinite Star within him,
proven when he was disembodied and returned to his natural state on panel.
(may explain why he's destined to become the next totality of Eternity)

Johnny (while possessing herald level omniscience)
stated that Galactus actually embodied an entire Cosmos.

Plausible?

Heck yea,
an alternate Galactus ripped his chest open and spewed out a Universe.

A future-self of 616 Galactus, as we all know, (Black Celestial arc)
was in the process of not only absorbing his respective future-Timeline,
but according to Reed, ALL of History as well (meaning all Creation)

This was further corroborated by the Guardians of the Galaxy in their run,
as they also stated that Galactus was consuming "ALL Existence"

(and Present 616 Galactus > any other counter-part)

It seems Galactus' need to feed is only consequential while he's in his armor btw.

Just sayin fellas, a bit of comparative scenarios concerning "big bangs" ... smile

I'd also like to reference the scan in Annihilation #5 that shows that Annihilus' plan to detonate Galactus would result in a blast that would destroy the 616 universe, and the negative zone as well. It didn't happen on panel per se, but the motivations and actions of the characters subsequent to that reveal implicitly mean that it would have happened if annihilius had his way.

Bentley
Galactus wins.

Utrigita
Originally posted by Tenebrous
I'd also like to reference the scan in Annihilation #5 that shows that Annihilus' plan to detonate Galactus would result in a blast that would destroy the 616 universe, and the negative zone as well. It didn't happen on panel per se, but the motivations and actions of the characters subsequent to that reveal implicitly mean that it would have happened if annihilius had his way.

I would like to inform people to keep in mind that that Galactus was only being feed with enough energy to keep him alive and to be used as a planetary weapon, and still according to Annihilus he contained enough energy to destroy as Tenebrous say both the Negative Zone and the 616 Universe.

guy222
Would've loved to see Galactus squash the Bug

Utrigita
Me too, but I saw something that was just as good Galactus vaporizing at least three starsystems and a Watcher big grin

How are you friend???

Sundipped
Monarch barely had enough to stalemate Prime and still got his armor ripped off. What makes people think he's a good match for Big G?

guy222
Originally posted by Utrigita
Me too, but I saw something that was just as good Galactus vaporizing at least three starsystems and a Watcher big grin

How are you friend???

Doin good, my friend

Been waiting on ur PMs smile

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Sundipped
Monarch barely had enough to stalemate Prime and still got his armor ripped off. What makes people think he's a good match for Big G?

Well in some of his showings Galactus has lost to far less than every Captain Atom on a hundred parallel earths. Which is why I thought that he could win a few.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by MightyEInherjar
Couldn't Galactus theoretically 'eat' him like he did the Dreaming Celestial?

Yeah, just because he could eat Monarch doesn't mean he won't get indigestion.

Galactus eats Monarch....then monarch blows up inside.

Monarch wins.

Endrict Nuul
Could Galactus feed/suck out Monarch's cosmic power?

Mindset
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

Monarch wins.

Or not

quanchi112

Monarch wins. Monarch couldnt defeat Galactus.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Sundipped
Monarch barely had enough to stalemate Prime and still got his armor ripped off. What makes people think he's a good match for Big G? SMP BEAT Monarch.

Bentley

Monarch wins.

Errr... No. Galactus can eat universes.

Also, Ultimate Nullifier FTW.

guy222
Its not like Galactus just whips out the UN.

Still taking Big G

Mindset
He could just whip it out shifty

Bentley
Against Monarch he might, there are several battles in which Galactus starts drawing the UN.

(And by many I mean like, two, but they have happened -likely outside canon, who cares, he still wins)

guy222
I agree, he does win

Mr Master

Its not like Galactus just whips out the UN.

True, he doesn't use it often but ...

Galactus can summon, or nullify the UN itself with a thought:

http://img139.imageshack.us/img139/847/18214174jy9.th.jpg

Mindset
Why does the un look like shit?

WrathfulDwarf
Or not

Or yes

Originally posted by quanchi112
Monarch couldnt defeat Galactus.

He could try...

quanchi112
Or yes

He could try... He would try and he would fail imo.

Bentley
In your opinion and based in facts.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
SMP BEAT Monarch. Prime is friggin awesome thats why.

horrorwolf
Galactus.

Mindset
Or yes

He could try...

Yes, he could try, so could a retarded quadriplegic, the result would still be the same.

Bentley
I'd pay for a comic where Galan whips out the UN against a retarded quadriplegic.

Not that it has anything to do with this thread.

Utrigita
Doin good, my friend

Been waiting on ur PMs smile

embarrasment

Sorry buddy there has been so much lately

guy222
Take ur time, my friend

Always open for ya

The Great Galen
G blinks him away, Galen wins 10/10

grey fox
The monarch in a total stomp.

Bentley
Originally posted by grey fox

Nah.

starlock
Galactus for the win

quanchi112
The monarch in a total stomp. Are you serious?

Sundipped
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
SMP BEAT Monarch.

I said he barely had enough to stalemate Prime but yeah I give Prime the win. Point was he had a hard time vs. SMP so Big G would be even harder.

horrorwolf

laughing laughing laughing

embarrasment

OneDumbG0
Bump.

Aster Phoenix
Galactus has just consumed a star half the size as our star, who wins this?

Which Monarch?

Utrigita
Galactus for the win.

Eon Blue
Monarch.

guy222
G

King KAM
how and the hell does the guy from Venture bros. plan on hurting galactus?

Symmetric Chaos
Crash the cocoon into him.

BradBalboa
Monarch wins !!

Aster Phoenix
Arena Monarch takes him.

Mindset
Originally posted by Aster Phoenix
Arena Monarch takes him.

How?

Galactus eats Monarch.

Aster Phoenix
How?

Galactus eats Monarch.

Normal Monarch maybe. But in Area he was on a whole new level of power.

Mindset
Normal Monarch maybe. But in Area he was on a whole new level of power. No he wasn't.

Aster Phoenix
Yes he was, he was absorbing Captain Atoms and Firestorms left and right and tossing Supermen around like they were nothing. No one in that book could even come close to touching him.

Mindset
Yes he was, he was absorbing Captain Atoms and Firestorms left and right and tossing Supermen around like they were nothing. No one in that book could even come close to touching him. That's because they were weaker than him, he was no stronger than in Countdown.

Aster Phoenix
That's because they were weaker than him, he was no stronger than in Countdown.

Yes he was, in Countdown he was PIS'ing to SBP.

Mindset
Yes he was, in Countdown he was PIS'ing to SBP. That doesn't change the fact he wasn't stronger in Arena.

Aster Phoenix
That doesn't change the fact he wasn't stronger in Arena.

Yes it does.

Mindset
Shut up

Aster Phoenix
Grow up

Mindset
I can't, I have a gland problem.

Aster Phoenix
In any event, if it's Arena Monarch then he wins. Of course if Galactus breached his armor it would destroy the marvel U.

Mindset
In any event, if it's Arena Monarch then he wins. Of course if Galactus breached his armor it would destroy the marvel U. One universe does not the entire Marvel verse make.

Aster Phoenix
One universe does not the entire Marvel verse make.

I never said it did. I said it would destroy the Marvel U, meaning Universe. Uni indicating one.

Your thinking of a Multiverse, Multi indicating more then one.

Class dismissed.

Mindset
I never said it did. I said it would destroy the Marvel U, meaning Universe. Uni indicating one.

Your thinking of a Multiverse, Multi indicating more then one.

Class dismissed.

Actually, Marvel Universe can mean all of Marvel, like DCU is all of DC.

Why do you think they designate universes with numbers, 616, etc?

Class is in session.

Aster Phoenix

Mindset

Aster Phoenix
I know what the uni prefix means, what does that have to do with DCU meaning all DC content, likewise for Marvel?

Do you know what omniverse is? Marvel has an omniverse yet it only contains Marvel universes.

Yes Universes, see that little s you put on the end indicates more then one. Thats why I didn't put one.

Mindset
Yes Universes, see that little s you put on the end indicates more then one. Thats why I didn't put one.

I know this argument doesn't matter, and I'm just arguing for the sake of it, but anyway. smile

Marvel Universe has been said for the totality of all Marvel.

Aster Phoenix
I know this argument doesn't matter, and I'm just arguing for the sake of it, but anyway. smile

Marvel Universe has been said for the totality of all Marvel.

Well I prefer to be grammatically correct.

Mindset
Well I prefer to be grammatically correct. Well comics don't.'

Universe can mean totality of existence.

Badabing
Well I prefer to be grammatically correct. dur

Aster Phoenix
Well comics don't.'

Universe can mean totality of existence.

Well for your future reference, when I say Universe I mean it in the correct way.

Mindset
Well for your future reference, when I say Universe I mean it in the correct way. So you mean totality of existence in Marvel when you say Marvel Universe? smile

Aster Phoenix
So you mean totality of existence in Marvel when you say Marvel Universe? smile

No I go by dictionary definition. When I say the Marvel Universe, I speaking of the word Universe in it's proper singular meaning.

kakuzu
I'm leaning towards Monarch. If full power galactus however I think he can take this. All he would really need to do is get rid of his armor.

Mindset
No I go by dictionary definition. When I say the Marvel Universe, I speaking of the word Universe in it's proper singular meaning. Look up the dictionary definition.

Can you tell I'm bored?

Aster Phoenix
Originally posted by kakuzu
I'm leaning towards Monarch. If full power galactus however I think he can take this. All he would really need to do is get rid of his armor.

Which would then result in the obliteration of that universe.

Aster Phoenix
Look up the dictionary definition.

Can you tell I'm bored?

It's friday night, go to the bar and pick up women.

Mindset
It's friday night, go to the bar and pick up women.

Underage.

Studying.

Broke.

Symmetric Chaos

Can you tell I'm bored?

2.b. The human race.

pwnt

Aster Phoenix
Underage.

Studying.

Broke.

Stand outside the bar and pick up women. wink

Mindset
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
2.b. The human race.

pwnt

There are humans in multiple universes in comics.

I win.

kakuzu

Can you tell I'm bored?

Lol I like the honesty.

Mindset
Lol I like the honesty. Lol, in about 30 minutes I have to start studying again. sad

Symmetric Chaos
There are humans in multiple universes in comics.

I win.

But not all of them. I win.

Mindset
You can't win I already won.

Stop trying to cheat.

Symmetric Chaos
You meant to say you lost. Cheater.

Priest
Yes he was, he was absorbing Captain Atoms and Firestorms left and right and tossing Supermen around like they were nothing. No one in that book could even come close to touching him.
Wow well that's impressive.. Galactus probably would have trouble tossing one Superman around.

kakuzu
Originally posted by Priest
Wow well that's impressive.. Galactus probably would have trouble tossing one Superman around.

Galactus did kind of blast Superman out for three pages on their last encounter. Besides that Superman doesn't use his speed on big beings. He would on Doomsday, Mongoul but when it came to Anti Monitor he got pimp slapped into the moon and left a crater.

Symmetric Chaos
Galactus did kind of blast Superman out for three pages on their last encounter.

IIRC, noncanon.

Priest
Galactus did kind of blast Superman out for three pages on their last encounter. Besides that Superman doesn't use his speed on big beings. He would on Doomsday, Mongoul but when it came to Anti Monitor he got pimp slapped into the moon and left a crater.
True, I'm sure if Clark used a speed blitz on Glalactus he can deffinalty have Galactus on the ropes..I doubt Galactus would be able to see Superman if he was using super speed.
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
IIRC, noncanon.
Thats right, in a real comic superman would probably knock Galactus into a wall. 13

kakuzu
I'm just stating Superman doesn't know when to use his super speed in battles. He will use it on Shaggy man when he is the general and smarter and doesn't even feel his hits. He won't try it on a weaker version of galactus. However galactus has had training with fast people lol. Think of how much he tries to swat surfer.

Priest
I'm just stating Superman doesn't know when to use his super speed in battles. He will use it on Shaggy man when he is the general and smarter and doesn't even feel his hits. He won't try it on a weaker version of galactus. However galactus has had training with fast people lol. Think of how much he tries to swat surfer.
Hey buddy i was just messing around.
Galactus would turn Superman into a bacteria if he wanted to. When it comes to beings like Galactus, regardless of how much speed you have, it really woulden't make a difference. Superman would get curbstoped by Galactus either way.

Originally posted by Priest
^ This statement was just a ploy to make to make fun of Asther's comments of how "arena Monarch" is so powaful.

kakuzu
Lol the thing is Galactus should be so much stronger then he is. Like for one he gets knocked down by kicks from Hulk. Celestials on the other hand don't even notice Thor knocking on them. I just think they should make him more like the celestials.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>