Off to Borders to get some Star Wars stuff. Advise.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Light_Sith
To help you advise, I will tell you what I am fond of and what I dislike.

I have a few SW novels and enjoyed POD and Dark Rendezvous in particular.

Reason being that they were straight to the point: One was about a Sith, the other about a powerful Jedi and a Sith.

I do not like these EU books that are filled with lowly creatures that do not use the force and I have no interest in their space battles.

I have never bothered with these comic books, but now is probably the time. Given that I enjoy reading about the adventures of Sith Lords, what should I look for on the shelf?

With the Sith in particular, I am interested in Sidious and Krayt. Any nice comic books on these guys?

Right, that will do.

Fire away.

Oh, and I did not enjoy Shadows of the Empire. The Xizor character was pathetic - bought one of those muscle-toning things that you get off of those infomercials.

Lord Knightfa11
you want dark horse's knights of the old republic. it has all of the events that lead up to the destruction of taris with some neat references to revan and malak. it has appearances of damaghoul, alek plays a big role, and my new favorite jedi, zane carrick

its a funny comic book, but it doesnt deal with much all powerful sith lords like nihilus or sideous or krayt...

Light_Sith
Couldn't go to th bookstore today, but no matter.

I may well buy the comics that shed some light on Revan.

What about Jedi v Sith for Bane and Zannah?

Light_Sith
I always wondered if Sidious had met the spirits of the ancient Sith, like Bane.

I would like to find a comic book type thing on the subject.

Wookiepedia's article on Sidious is faulty at the minute.

Gideon
Originally posted by Light_Sith
I always wondered if Sidious had met the spirits of the ancient Sith, like Bane.

I would like to find a comic book type thing on the subject.

Wookiepedia's article on Sidious is faulty at the minute.

While it remains uncertain as to Sidious's contact with Bane, he has been in touch with the spirits of the Ancient Sith many times.

Light_Sith
Originally posted by Gideon
While it remains uncertain as to Sidious's contact with Bane, he has been in touch with the spirits of the Ancient Sith many times.

This is what I will probably go for then.

Any recommendations?

truejedi
here's some advice.
don't buy, go sit, read the book. lol, i did that for ROT recently, because i wasn't paying 27 dollars for 300 pages. I guess they let you read because they expect you to get so interested that you buy it and take it home to finish it. I got so interested i came back another day and finished it up...

Light_Sith
I do that a lot but if there are any decent novels on badass Sith I would rather buy them.

Blue_Hefner

Get a better life

Light_Sith
Originally posted by Blue_Hefner

Get a better life

These "lives" that people talk of are over rated.

Lord Knightfa11
Originally posted by Light_Sith

I may well buy the comics that shed some light on Revan.

not much light is shed on revan, however malak makes several impacting appearances and talks about his master often. it shows how he lost his hair, and also much about his "jedi apprentice" personality.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Hoodedjediandalek.jpg

this is a frame of revan and malak that was in this comic book.

Light_Sith
Originally posted by Lord Knightfa11
not much light is shed on revan, however malak makes several impacting appearances and talks about his master often. it shows how he lost his hair, and also much about his "jedi apprentice" personality.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Image:Hoodedjediandalek.jpg

this is a frame of revan and malak that was in this comic book.

I am going to buy this on Amazon.

I have not seen it on the shelves in the past month. I have seen Jedi v Sith (these are "short stories" perhaps?) and many "guide" books.

I suppose it would be worth my while to buy the "essential guide to characters" or what not.

nikinik897
Ok, if you want Sith, you'll get Sith.

Darth Bane's novels, takes place during the Sith Era/Sith Wars. I'm only familair with the second one, Rule of Two, where he makes the Rue of Two.

Comics are not the way to go if you want Sith.

Final Blaxican
And the Bane books are not the way you want to go if you want "quality".

Lord Lucien
Originally posted by nikinik897
Ok, if you want Sith, you'll get Sith.

Darth Bane's novels, takes place during the Sith Era/Sith Wars. I'm only familair with the second one, Rule of Two, where he makes the Rue of Two.

Comics are not the way to go if you want Sith. Lol, "You will Rue this Two!"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.