Dark Renezvous

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

chik4lit
Has anyone else read this? It is easily my favorite EU novel, but no one I talk to seems to have ever heard of it. It's set between Eps. I and II, and it's basically about Yoda trying to parley with Dooku. It has some great characters, and I don't know if there has ever been a better depcition of Yoda.

chik4lit
P.S. I am a retarded typist. It is Rendezvous, not Renezvous. That's not even a word.

Light_Sith
I loved it - mentioned it as one of my favourites in my recent thread.

I have heard that it is one of these books that you either love or hate.

I don't understand why anyone would hate it.

May well be the best Star Wars book I have read.

Very enjoyable read, and I am enjoyed the humour.

Darth Scythe
I read it. I liked the character of Jai Maruuk and the two droids. The heavy involvement of the planet Vjuun was pleasing too.

Light_Sith
I loved how Yoda and Dooku were portrayed, and Ventress was the icing on the cake.

Light_Sith
BTW, it is set between Episode 2 and 3.

It comes before Labyrinth of Evil.

truejedi
yeah, i loved Yoda having a sense of humor. My only problem was Yoda not being able to save his entourage while traveling with them. I know he had to save the entire space station and all that, or else everyone was going to die, but i think he should have been able to save them all. Sad way for Jedi to go, cut down by droids and shrapnel.
(i'm a jedi fanboy if its not obvious yet.)

Rampant ox
I thoroughly enjoyed it. It gave us a much needed insight into the saga's best villain, Count Dooku, which vastly increased the depth of his character, and allowed us a glimpse at the life he lead before he became a Dark Lord Of The Sith. It developed him far beyond the somewhat pointless, albeit charismatic, cameo villain we see in the movies.

George Lucas had so much potential with Dooku, especially with an actor of Christopher Lee's calibre portraying him. It sickens me how it was wasted. erm

chik4lit
Jeez, did I say it was between one and two? I cannot type today.

Anyway, the sense fo humor was definitely my favorite part. And I always like little glimpses into the Obi-Wan/Anakin relationship. There's even a little hint that Obi-Wan may have had a girl in his past.

truejedi
did we know that Dooku thoroughly disliked anakin before this book? or was jealous of him?

Light_Sith
I am not certain about that, but in Stover's ROTS novel the Count was portrayed quite a bit differently.

It was made out that he was always heading for the Darkside and further that he never truly subscribed to real Jedi values.

He was portrayed in a sociopathic light which was all very well but there was too much rationalising after the event.

Dark Rendezvous was more realistic.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.