Viking Battle for Asgard

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptainStoic
Has anyone heard anything about this game? it looks pretty good. I've read that it has RPG elements to it. It will debut on both the X-Box 360, and the Playstation 3.

Also from what I've read, it was compared to God of War for it's brutality, Dynasty Warriors because there will be thousands of NPC's on the battlefield and, Grand theft Auto because it will be an open world that can be explored in depth... the more I see of it, the more I can't wait to get my hands on it.

Here's a link to the site.

http://www.sega.com/gamesite/viking/us/index2.html

ragesRemorse
ive been amped for this game. it looks fun...,but, its Sega. I havent trusted Sega since i was a child. Sega games generally blow.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
but, its Sega. I havent trusted Sega since i was a child. Sega games generally blow.

lol yeah.. but at least it has a chance in hell since its not sonic team developing it XD

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
lol yeah.. but at least it has a chance in hell since its not sonic team developing it XD

im not sure that sonic wont make a cameo appearance. it really wouldn't surprise me. ****ing sonic mad i had enough ENOUGH mad

Phat J
i hopes its good, but i doubt its going to be. what else is coming out on the 25th?

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Phat J
i hopes its good, but i doubt its going to be. what else is coming out on the 25th?

Dark Sector

Slay
The RPG elements are minimal though. You won't be upgrading your stats or anything. You'll weapons will upgrade though, like in God of War. It's supposed to have some stealth gameplay as well.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Slay
It's supposed to have some stealth gameplay as well.

sick

Bardiel13
Originally posted by Slay
The RPG elements are minimal though. You won't be upgrading your stats or anything. You'll weapons will upgrade though, like in God of War. It's supposed to have some stealth gameplay as well.

Since when did Vikings use stealth?!

As for my two cents, I'm hyped as hell, Sega or not. Being a huge fan of Vikings, sandbox games, and epic battles, I'm bouncing off the freakin walls for this one.

Dark-Jaxx
From what I have seen, it looks perty good.

CaptainStoic
It got a crappy review... don't you hate when that happens?

ragesRemorse
There is only one game that nailed the viking gameplay and that was; RUNE VIking warlord.

I'm having mixed feelings with this game atm, it seems like it might be fun, but it's definitely not blowing my socks off, yet.

Kazenji
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
sick

And whats wrong with stealth gameplay ??

stealth gameplay can be good when done right.

Going by the gamespot review that one got a bad one 4.9- Poor

Morridini
I've heard nothing but good things about this, a God of War for those of us who don't have a PS.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Kazenji

Going by the gamespot review that one got a bad one 4.9- Poor

The problem is that Stealth,game play, is hardly ever done well. It usually results in simple and painstaking trial and error. I love me some good stealth, but not in action adventure hack and slashers. I haven't played this game, yet, so the stealth could be tiits on crackers for all i know. I am speaking in general.

RUNE was one helluva fun game, regardless of reviews.

Morridini
So far as I know (from the GT review) the stealth works so that as long as you are out of an enemy's line of sight, you can sneak up on him and kill him, not really a stealth mode, just move slower without weapons raised.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Morridini
So far as I know (from the GT review) the stealth works so that as long as you are out of an enemy's line of sight, you can sneak up on him and kill him, not really a stealth mode, just move slower without weapons raised.

well that kicks ass then

Morridini
Well this was fun, aages ago I sent in an e-mail for a contest to win this game.

Guess what showed up in the mail today!

Gonna play it later.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN

You make it sound like that matters. Sega sucks at developing games period.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by ESB -1138
You make it sound like that matters. Sega sucks at developing games period.

And Viking of Asgard only helps to prove that.

This game really isn't that fun at all.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Kazenji

Exactly. Stupid Trigger-junkies.

Along those lines, Thief 4 is scheduled for development in the upcoming months. Once Eidos finishes with Deus Ex 3.

Anyway, this looks sweet from screenshots and stuff, but probably amounts to nothing but a button-masher. I'd love to see a legit RPG set in such a game, since the settings and atmosphere seem well-done. But my guess is it would become repetitive by about hour #3.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.