He-Man versus Thor

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master-Borg
Fight takes place outside of Castle Greyskull.

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/17000/16423/62517-he-man_400.jpg vs http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2268/113598-thor_400.jpg

Gecko4lif
thor wins if he can keep his distance

He-man is far out of his league in h2h

guy222
thor

Lord Feron
Originally posted by Master-Borg
Fight takes place outside of Castle Greyskull.

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/17000/16423/62517-he-man_400.jpg vs http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2268/113598-thor_400.jpg

never knew it but they look really similar

Grinning Goku
He-Man could be stronger. Could Thor win via BFR in this instance?

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Grinning Goku

Doubtful that such tactics would work on a similarly mystically-enchanted He-Man.

He-Man has him in strength likely, but he's got a variety of low durability showings. His sword, at its zenith, is like Mjolnir-lite in its versatility, and can absorb lightning and such. So it would end up as a brawl.

Which I still think Thor wins, btw.

celestialdemon
If this was just a battle of strength, He-Man would definitley win. But in an overall battle, I'd say Thor wins.

nimbus006
Don't know much about He-man.

Anyone have any scans to help make an informed decision?

I'll check his respect thread.

DigiMark007
Yeah, that's the best place to go.

Not many people have access to his actual comics, so knowledge about him is limited. Much as I like him (I helped make the thread) he's probably a touch overrated on the forums. His feats don't really match his rep sometimes...the high-end stuff is there, but there's a lot more low-end feats than other top tiers (Thor among them). The respect thread doesn't give a great indication of that, of course, because it highlights what he's capable of.

Part of the reason is that, even more than most comic characters, He-Man's might was generally a direct plot device depending on what needed accomplished for the story....and not just with strength. If it happened in a comic in the era when a lot of his comics were coming out, he'd match and probably beat Thor because of the "Most Powerful Man in the Universe" moniker. But he would job a lot more often than Thor as well to serve the story.

Like Superman does sometimes, but even moreso.

Bentley
To job more often than Thor!

zomfg

nimbus006
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Yeah, that's the best place to go.

Not many people have access to his actual comics, so knowledge about him is limited. Much as I like him (I helped make the thread) he's probably a touch overrated on the forums. His feats don't really match his rep sometimes...the high-end stuff is there, but there's a lot more low-end feats than other top tiers (Thor among them). The respect thread doesn't give a great indication of that, of course, because it highlights what he's capable of.

Part of the reason is that, even more than most comic characters, He-Man's might was generally a direct plot device depending on what needed accomplished for the story....and not just with strength. If it happened in a comic in the era when a lot of his comics were coming out, he'd match and probably beat Thor because of the "Most Powerful Man in the Universe" moniker. But he would job a lot more often than Thor as well to serve the story.

Like Superman does sometimes, but even moreso.

Just got through some of the scans in there.

Yeah, some stuff is impressive, but nothing i saw led me to believe He Man could beat someone like Thor for a majority.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Bentley
To job more often than Thor!

zomfg

Thor jobs?

stick out tongue

...I mean, other than when the Avengers needed him to, or he'd end conflicts too quickly for them to seem like a worthwhile team.

Sado22
when i was a child i had a crush on teela embarrasment

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Sado22
when i was a child i had a crush on teela embarrasment

When I was typing a response to you, I had a crush on Teela.

no expression

Batman-Prime
draw

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by celestialdemon
If this was just a battle of strength, He-Man would definitley win. But in an overall battle, I'd say Thor wins.

I agree

darthgoober
Doubtful that such tactics would work on a similarly mystically-enchanted He-Man.

He-Man has him in strength likely, but he's got a variety of low durability showings. His sword, at its zenith, is like Mjolnir-lite in its versatility, and can absorb lightning and such. So it would end up as a brawl.

Which I still think Thor wins, btw.
I don't know Digi, Thor's got his share of low showings in the durability department too. He-Man's probably got more of course, but He-Man's Power Vest should more than make up for the difference if he remembers that he's wearing it. In a "both at their absolute best" contest Thor would probably win due to having higher showings from his hammer than He-Man has with his sword, but in a "in character" melee I see He-Man taking it because of his superior speed showings and the lethal edge of the Power Sword(unless we're talking about Thor with the Odin Power that is).

darthgoober
BTW I'm always seeing people ask for strength feats for He-Man that concretely place him in the cl 100+ category so I figured I'd post this one before I forget about it...

http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/5564/072yx0.jpg
http://img182.imageshack.us/img182/7296/082qu6.jpg
http://img511.imageshack.us/img511/4302/092qp8.jpg

Sam Z
Hi Goob long time no see.

Badabing
I know nothing about He Man except for the cartoons. embarrasment I am thinking that Thor with Odinpower (at least for now) would be too much for He Man. I'm open to thoughts about that from Goob or anyone else who's read He Man comics.

darthgoober
Originally posted by Sam Z
Hi Goob long time no see.
Hey Sam how's it going?

Originally posted by Badabing
I know nothing about He Man except for the cartoons. embarrasment I am thinking that Thor with Odinpower (at least for now) would be too much for He Man. I'm open to thoughts about that from Goob or anyone else who's read He Man comics.
You'll get no argument from me. Classic Thor vs He-man would be an awesome battle that He-Man would most likely take after a long fight, but Thor with the Odin Power is a bit much.

Badabing
Originally posted by darthgoober
Hey Sam how's it going?

You'll get no argument from me. Classic Thor vs He-man would be an awesome battle that He-Man would most likely take after a long fight, but Thor with the Odin Power is a bit much. Okay, I was trying to figure out his powerset. I think you explained some stuff to me about He Man a while back. I got the impression that Greyskull could amp He Man up to a very high degree. I just wasn't sure it would approach skyfather levels.

Sam Z
Hey Sam how's it going?

You'll get no argument from me. Classic Thor vs He-man would be an awesome battle that He-Man would most likely take after a long fight, but Thor with the Odin Power is a bit much. Its going OK, what about with you?

darthgoober
Okay, I was trying to figure out his powerset. I think you explained some stuff to me about He Man a while back. I got the impression that Greyskull could amp He Man up to a very high degree. I just wasn't sure it would approach skyfather levels.
It arguably can, but the thing is that the amp is pretty much to strength(and possibly durability) only. Greyskull doesn't do things like increase the strength of blast from the Power Sword or anything so even though He-Man might be able to stalemate/beat Thor w/Odin Power in an arm wrestling match, he'd still be to far behind in all other categories to have much of a chance unless Thor starts racking up some low showings.

Its going OK, what about with you?
It could be better, but as I recently learned it could be a Hell of a lot worse too so I'm not complaining.

Sam Z
Just found out about bad news, are you back on KMC then?

Badabing
It arguably can, but the thing is that the amp is pretty much to strength(and possibly durability) only. Greyskull doesn't do things like increase the strength of blast from the Power Sword or anything so even though He-Man might be able to stalemate/beat Thor w/Odin Power in an arm wrestling match, he'd still be to far behind in all other categories to have much of a chance unless Thor starts racking up some low showings.

It could be better, but as I recently learned it could be a Hell of a lot worse too so I'm not complaining. Thanks Goob, that clears things up for me.

I'm glad things aren't totally bad for you.

darthgoober
Just found out about bad news, are you back on KMC then?
Yeah, but not nearly as much as I used to be. I'll be confining my online time to periods when I'm alone at the house so it doesn't become the biggest priority I have going again.

Thanks Goob, that clears things up for me.

I'm glad things aren't totally bad for you.
cool

Sam Z
Thats good.

Damn women!! lol

Faceman
Not an easy fight for the Thunder God at all. I agree with the majority on He-Man being stronger. While I would say that Thor has range on He-Man, a better weapon and experience fighting tougher opponents. Not tougher than He-Man, but tougher than the opponents He-Man battles on a regular basis. He-Man has some great feats, but I see him as too one dimensional for someone with Thor's powers.....

Adam_PoE
(classic) Thor vs. He-Man

He-Man vs. Thor

Thor & Valkyrie vs. He-Man & She-Ra

He-Man vs. Thor

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
(classic) Thor vs. He-Man

He-Man vs. Thor

Thor & Valkyrie vs. He-Man & She-Ra

He-Man vs. Thor

Pffft!

Lies!

DigiMark007
I don't know Digi, Thor's got his share of low showings in the durability department too. He-Man's probably got more of course, but He-Man's Power Vest should more than make up for the difference if he remembers that he's wearing it. In a "both at their absolute best" contest Thor would probably win due to having higher showings from his hammer than He-Man has with his sword, but in a "in character" melee I see He-Man taking it because of his superior speed showings and the lethal edge of the Power Sword(unless we're talking about Thor with the Odin Power that is).

Debatable. I tend to see He-Man's average (which factors in the low showings) what I'd consider him at for matches. At their absolute best, He-Man may have a higher upper limit but I still feel like Thor has better high-end showings in terms of on-panel feats.

darthgoober
Debatable. I tend to see He-Man's average (which factors in the low showings) what I'd consider him at for matches. At their absolute best, He-Man may have a higher upper limit but I still feel like Thor has better high-end showings in terms of on-panel feats.
But you also have to keep in mind that He-Man's strength is based on need, and because of that his low showings don't mean quite as much as they do for most characters. He's not as strong against weaker characters as he is when he faces off against a heavy hitter, which is why two fights against different characters of vast strength differences isn't really a contradiction(because he's actually weaker against the weaker character).

That's why I never give He-Man the win in a forum fight because of his strength. If he faces off against Wolverine he's not going to be anywhere near as strong as he is against Hercules.

Also, you have to keep in mind that his series's from Marvel and DC were both heavily influenced by things like his cartoon and his Golden Books. But if we look at his more recent stuff from Image(which is set before the Marvel and DC era's) we can see just what the characters from the MOTU series are really capable of when the silliness is removed and things are more realistic(or as realistic as they can be in a comic).

Sado22
when i was typing a response to you, i rekindled my crush on Teela love

DISCRIMINATION!
close thread banned

zeel

ya He-man is prolly stronger but thor has taken down tougher then even He-Man.

Thor is a powerhouse that has magical abilities spells and a magic al hammer.

thor 6/4 mabey 7/3

zeel

He-Man is WAY stronger then thor but he dont have the versitilaty that thor does. Id like to see He-Man actually put up a fight against Zeus a skyfather.

in a fist fight, thor is toast.

Merlyn
whats so good about current thor? (ie. whats he done to put him above he-man?)

Galan007
Originally posted by Merlyn
whats so good about current thor? (ie. whats he done to put him above he-man?) He beat the Destroyer..

I think that's his best 'feat', so far?

Priest
Originally posted by Galan007
He beat the Destroyer..

I think that's his best 'feat', so far?
Combat feat, yes.
Bringing the Gods back feat towers over that erm

Galan007
How would that help Thor beat He-Man though? stick out tongue

Priest
Originally posted by Galan007
How would that help Thor beat He-Man though? stick out tongue Well ur missing out on the coolness then crackers
Nice edit stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.