Canon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Luminatus
This is from SW.com but I can't post links yet.

I know there are other quote sas well of Lucas saying the EU and the movies are two different worlds.

So, how can G-Can work? If we use G-Canon, everything Lucas says, as absolute fact, that basically means G-Canon isn't related to any other canon at all doesn't it?

Lord Knightfa11
this is teh expanded universe, so of course stuff after 6 is cannon. this incorporates stuff from all three of the above worlds, not just lucas's as said in that quote. and if i understand correctly, this was asking if lucas would in fact make a VII movie. *shoots cory* it has always been known that lucas didnt write the books/games.

this is the expanded universe so everything from books and games and movies are canon.

Luminatus
I know that.
I'm questioning the "Canon Hierarchy" of G-Canon > all and whatever G says effects everything below it.
According to Lucas himself, the EU is a whole differen shebang than the movies. So, why does what he says effect the "other world" as he calls it? (or maybe it was other universe...)

Ushgarak
You said it exactly yourself- according to GL the EU is a whole different world.

All that stuff about G-canon etc, is a way of regulating canon inside the EU, that's all. The EU treats his word as God. The reverse is not so- he does not treat what the EU says as being of any difference tio his creation.

Bu all this is handled in the noted thread at the top of the page which talks about canon policy. Debates on this are extremely ugly, so closing.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.