Captain Marvel vs Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master-Borg
http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2350/1415-captain-marvel_400.jpg vs http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/3000/2502/146692-silver-surfer_400.jpg

tkitna
Surfer everytime

skyfather
cm

LORD B
isnt current cm shazam?

Tron
Originally posted by LORD B
isnt current cm shazam?

Yep, and Freddy Freeman's working on becoming the new CM.

suprmanvsbatman
SS FTW

SevenShackles
Captain Marvel

Lord Prime
Marvel

zeel
freddy freeman looses, billy has a chance but looses, current marvel destroys ss with ease.

guy222
bumprav

fascistcrusader
Norrin takes it.

shokosugi
CM takes this.

UKR
Surfer turns CM into dog food without breaking a sweat. Honestly, CM's the only character I can think of who's even more boring than Superman.

Leobama
Originally posted by UKR
Surfer turns CM into dog food without breaking a sweat. Honestly, CM's the only character I can think of who's even more boring than Superman. CM is basically a superman clone without the heat vision, right?

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by Leobama
CM is basically a superman clone without the heat vision, right? yeah but with plenty of other bonuses

both have super-strength -durability & -speed and no particular weaknesses

however SS hast a far bigger list of ffensive abilities. plus his invulnerability is a notch above CM (who's "only" at supe level)

Surtur
If this is Captain Marvel, the one who became the new shazam, then surfer gets owned hard.

Normal, "im superman but magical" marvel loses just as badly.

SoulDevourer
how can even Shazam harm the surfer ??? the guy's as close as it gets to completely indestructible, Shazam would have to cut him off from the power cosmic if he's to have any chance

DigiMark007
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
how can even Shazam harm the surfer ??? the guy's as close as it gets to completely indestructible, Shazam would have to cut him off from the power cosmic if he's to have any chance

You're drinking the Kool-Aid a bit too hard, friend. Surfer's been beaten plenty of times before. He's the class of his level, but a Skyfather-level being like Shazam (the wizard, not Cpt. Marvel) would dump truck his ass back to Galactus.

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by tkitna
Surfer everytime

The Great Galen
Capt 8/10

Raoul
how can people rate superman so highly against norrin, yet so easily put down capt?

not saying marvel would win a majority, but i don't see why he couldn't give surfer a fight...

Mindset
Or maybe why Supes gives SS such a hard fight.

Mindship
Originally posted by Raoul
but i don't see why he couldn't give surfer a fight... I'd like to think he'd put up a good one before finally being taken down by SS's power + versatility.

Anything less = boring.

The Great Galen
how can people rate superman so highly against norrin, yet so easily put down capt?

not saying marvel would win a majority, but i don't see why he couldn't give surfer a fight...

IMO, I don't really see SS taking CM to be honest. Agaisnt supes, he has the advantage of exploiting Supes weakness but up agaisnt someone like CM what is he gonna do.

kgkg

not saying marvel would win a majority, but i don't see why he couldn't give surfer a fight... Superman has more fans I guess wink

logically CM should do better against Norrin than Superman since he does not have weakness that can be easily exploited like Superman.

But I don't see CM as = to Superman

darthgoober

Because people are more willing to credit Supes with the ability to "find a way". I actually think that CM would give Surfer a better fight than Supes due to his lack of exploitable weaknesses and I see a "magical lightning amped" punch from CM as being more effective than than a punch from Supes. I still give Surfer 6-7/10, but by all rights CM should do AT LEAST as well as Supes does against Norrin.

Raoul
Originally posted by Mindset
Or maybe why Supes gives SS such a hard fight.

it's called being that damn good. stick out tongue

Originally posted by Mindship
I'd like to think he'd put up a good one before finally being taken down by SS's power + versatility.

Anything less = boring.

i'd agree...

Originally posted by The Great Galen
IMO, I don't really see SS taking CM to be honest. Agaisnt supes, he has the advantage of exploiting Supes weakness but up agaisnt someone like CM what is he gonna do.

power cosmic is still more than most can handle, imo...

Originally posted by darthgoober
Because people are more willing to credit Supes with the ability to "find a way". I actually think that CM would give Surfer a better fight than Supes due to his lack of exploitable weaknesses and I see a "magical lightning amped" punch from CM as being more effective than than the punches of Supes. I still give Surfer 6-7/10, but by all rights CM should do AT LEAST as well as Supes does against Norrin.

no expression

stick out tongue

MightyEInherjar
SS 8/10.

CM is magical, and Surfer always to have a more difficult time with magical opponents (see Thor). It's a little different on the forum, but Marvel at least wins twice.

Philosophía
Because people are more willing to credit Supes with the ability to "find a way".

Yeah, all the ones backing up Supes don't actually use arguments, they just go with the 'he'll find a way' type of posts, right ? ermm

The Great Galen
it's called being that damn good. stick out tongue

i'd agree...

power cosmic is still more than most can handle, imo...

no expression

stick out tongue

I would normally agree, but CM is a character that is generally considered equals with Supes in almost every regard except with no exploitable weakness. Coupled with magical properties, IMO he would easily be able to 7/10 SS.

kgkg
IMO, I don't really see SS taking CM to be honest. Agaisnt supes, he has the advantage of exploiting Supes weakness but up agaisnt someone like CM what is he gonna do. He has defeated many character stronger/powerful than CM without exploiting weakness.

and CM is Superman he lacks the feats to claim number 1

The Great Galen

The Great Galen
Originally posted by kgkg
He has defeated many character stronger/powerful than CM without exploiting weakness.

and CM is Superman he lacks the feats to claim number 1

I said CM is generally considered equals with Supes, even if he may not be "number1"he is peers with him. I dont know which characters u r reffering to that SS has beat, but IMO I just don't see him taking the majoirty agaisnt somone like Capt.

Philosophía
When he's at the top of his game, I don't see Captain Marvel coming close to Superman personally.

Superman has the better showings in virtually every category.

darthgoober

kgkg
I said CM is generally considered equals with Supes, even if he may not be "number1"he is peers with him. A lot of people are considered his equals at one time or another does not mean its accurate CM feats are not as impressive.

To many to list some are well above CM

Raoul
I would normally agree, but CM is a character that is generally considered equals with Supes in almost every regard except with no exploitable weakness. Coupled with magical properties, IMO he would easily be able to 7/10 SS.

thing is, me personally, i think marvel is only equal with superman at the best of times... i think supes is a little bit stronger, faster and more durable when it really, really comes down to it...

The Great Galen
A lot of people are considered his equals at one time or another does not mean its accurate CM feats are not as impressive.

To many to list some are well above CM

Hey im not arguing that point, Supes is IMO>CM in every regard as well. However with SS, I tend to debate with what's been shown on-panel and not this ubber KMC version of him that does things he wouldnt normally do in battle.

The Great Galen
thing is, me personally, i think marvel is only equal with superman at the best of times... i think supes is a little bit stronger, faster and more durable when it really, really comes down to it...

Right, to be honest im not all that familar with CM as a character to be completly honest. Although from what I have seen he doesn't strike me as being a true equal to Supes. If CM had supes combat speed/MA ability and stats, IMO he would wreck SS 10/10.

Brutacus
Hey im not arguing that point, Supes is IMO>CM in every regard as well. However with SS, I tend to debate with what's been shown on-panel and not this ubber KMC version of him that does things he wouldnt normally do in battle.

Iff we go by feat that has been shown in comics doesn't surfer have much more feats than CM, making him the winner???

Just asking.

The Great Galen
What kind of feats though, and how to do they relate to a battle.

xJLxKing
Superman and CP are not on the same level. If they were he would have won at least half as many time as Superman did against CM. CM does have Magical Shield Aura, and Physical, but he lacks speed. He is strong, but he is no Superman.

Any ways SS vs CM is a nice fight. SS' magic would be as dangerous as it would be to Superman, but either way I give this fight to Cm for the fact that he has become the new Shazam(Didn't know). If that is true, he is easily Sky-Father Level. SS is not!!

darthgoober
I see Supes as being faster, but they've been marked as peers in strength/durability too often to deny the fact IMO. Sure CM lacks Supes's long list of feats, but that lack of evidence isn't really suggestive of an inferiority on CM's part because it doesn't actually provide contradicting evidence to the direct comparison's to Supes's level of strength. Juggernaut doesn't have anywhere near as many feats of pure physical strength as Thor or the Hulk, but we know he's on par with them physically because he's matched them strait up on multiple occasions. The whole "I lift often lift impossibly heavy stuff" thing just caters better to some characters than it does to others..

The Great Galen
I see Supes as being faster, but they've been marked as peers in strength/durability too often to deny the fact IMO. Sure CM lacks Supes's long list of feats, but that lack of evidence isn't really suggestive of an inferiority on CM's part because it doesn't actually provide contradicting evidence to the direct comparison's to Supes's level of strength. Juggernaut doesn't have anywhere near as many feats of pure physical strength as Thor or the Hulk, but we know he's on par with them physically because he's matched them strait up on multiple occasions. The whole "I lift often lift impossibly heavy stuff" thing just caters better to some characters than it does to others..

During most of there encounters, I'd say Supe is portrayed as his superior...and man if CM did have supes speed he would be scary.

Raoul

i disagree, respectfully, but i disagree...

sure the marvels will give him a fight, and a very tough one at that, but i think their magic is a big help, as opposed to them being truly equal when it comes to strength...

just imo, tho...

darthgoober

sure the marvels will give him a fight, and a very tough one at that, but i think their magic is a big help, as opposed to them being truly equal when it comes to strength...

just imo, tho...
That's cool. You've likely seen more encounters between CM and Supes than I have so you may very well be right(I'm not much of a CM fan), I was just putting my opinion out there mostly based on what I've heard around the forum.

Of course if you're right and Cap IS stronger and more durable than Supes by a far amount, I'd have to change my initial call from 6-7/10 for Surfer to 7-8/10.

Raoul
That's cool. You've likely seen more encounters between CM and Supes than I have so you may very well be right(I'm not much of a CM fan), I was just putting my opinion out there mostly based on what I've heard around the forum.

Of course if you're right and Cap IS stronger and more durable than Supes by a far amount, I'd have to change my initial call from 6-7/10 for Surfer to 7-8/10.

huh? cap is stronger?

darthgoober
huh? cap is stronger?
Whoops, got it "bass ackwards", reverse that statement...

Raoul
Whoops, got it "bass ackwards", reverse that statement...

oh, lol...

the best person to ask is badabing... he knows captain marvel better than anyone i know... i'll go ask him lol...

darthgoober
What are these things you speak of that he never does in battle?

ultimatethor
SS 7/10. Truly this would be a better fight than superman as marvel has no exploitable weakness. Still SS has more options is more durable and is superior offensively.

The Great Galen
Not really, with no exploitable weakness and with stats rivaling Supes he should take it 7/10. If he had supes h2h speed it would be rape.

darthgoober
Not really, with no exploitable weakness and with stats rivaling Supes he should take it 7/10. If he had supes h2h speed it would be rape.
Nah.

And...
What are these things you speak of that he never does in battle?

The Great Galen
Nah.

That's ur opinion, 6/10 for CM...if he has the wizards powers then 10/10 CM.

darthgoober
That's ur opinion, 6/10 for CM...if he has the wizards powers then 10/10 CM.
Agreed about the Wizard part, strongly disagree with the rest.

And you didn't answer my question.

Eel O'Brien
If SS can simulate the Odinforce, could he simulate SHAZAM lightning?

Otherwise, CM's invulnerability has brought him through some BIG stuff, I'm not sure how SS could hurt him?

darthgoober
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien

Otherwise, CM's invulnerability has brought him through some BIG stuff, I'm not sure how SS could hurt him?
Surfer has one of the highest power output's in the high herald tier, I can all but guarantee he'd be able to KO CM without messing with Marvel's lightning.

Raoul
i give surfer 7/10, personally. maybe 6. imo...

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Eel O'Brien

No he wouldn't be able to simulate Shazam's bolts, SS has to avoid getting hit cause a magically amped punch would be a diaster to SS.

Sasaraixx

just imo, tho...

I very much concur. Supes and Caps do not have to be equals in every department in order for them to be truly competitive with each other. As far as pure strength, I put him in a similar boat as WW. Not as strong, but strong enough. What he does have is magic to bridge the gap. I also don't think he's nearly as fast as Supes.

I give Surfer 7/10 on this one. CM lacks any exploitable weakness, making him a much tougher fight for Surfer than Supes. I just think SS is too versatile and has too many offensive options. It would be a good fight though.

Badabing
Supes & CM. They tied at arm wrestling and are about even in fights with each other. To me, they are about an overall even match with strength, speed and overall powers.

Using feats, Supes is at least = to or >>> CM. So, it just depends on your point of view. Saying they're equals is valid and saying Supes is slightly>>>>CM is also valid.

As for the thread, I have no idea how SS is against magic, let alone from a mid to high herald with magic.

Ambient
Surfer ftw.... yes

Stoic
Surfer wouldn't have anything to exploit with CM like he would with Superman correct?

Mindset
He could call him names, Bill is insecure.

Cavalier
He could hit on him, Bill is insecure.

quanchi112
Surfer wins.

Leobama
Does marvel have any range attacks? If so, are they powerful enough to seriously hurt the Surfer? If not we gotta face facts. I don't think a purely physical attacker can beat the Surfer. He has to many abilities. And from what I've read, whether it's accurate or not, that the Surfer can use the power cosmic to raise ANY of his stats if he wants. And I've also read that Galactus has bestowed more of the power cosmic upon the Surfer making him more powerful. Imo, cm is maybe on Gladiator's level, maybe and the Surfer wasn't impressed by him at. He's just too powerful.

cloud102
Currently, Captain Marvel still, because he got a power up. If it's classic versions for both, i'd still give Cap the small edge. Surfer can't exploit his weaknesses like Superman.

Leobama
So you don't think that he could use his cosmic awareness the same way that he did when he sensed a weakness in the Gladiator and be able to exploit it?

cloud102
So you don't think that he could use his cosmic awareness the same way that he did when he sensed a weakness in the Gladiator and be able to exploit it?

But what weaknesses would Cap have? Even if he could do something like that, Captain Marvel has his WISDOM of Solomon. Which is mostly the same thing.

Surtur
Originally posted by SoulDevourer

You do know Thanos physically beat him to death? In less than 15 hits, at that.

Completely indestructible? No.

However, to say that Cap at his normal levels would beat Surfer is just false. He might have no active weaknesses, but he can still be hurt by excessive force. Surfer with his superior speed, energy blasts, etc. makes easy work of him. His magic might allow him to resist such things as transmutation, but it won't give him a win.

Leobama
Originally posted by cloud102
But what weaknesses would Cap have? Even if he could do something like that, Captain Marvel has his WISDOM of Solomon. Which is mostly the same thing. Cool. I'm gonna have to do some reading on marvel. I still haven't heard if marvel has any range attacks. That could make a difference, right?

cloud102
Cool. I'm gonna have to do some reading on marvel. I still haven't heard if marvel has any range attacks. That could make a difference, right?

I know Adam has long range attacks. Calling down on magical lightning. Actually, I think both of them did that in Geoff Johns 1st JSA run. Whether or not it can KO the Surfer, I'm not sure. Depends on how powerful it is.

Sasaraixx
But what weaknesses would Cap have? Even if he could do something like that, Captain Marvel has his WISDOM of Solomon. Which is mostly the same thing.

And Wonder Woman has the WISDOM of Athena, and it wouldn't do her any good against SS. Cap may be more durable than Diana, but he could still be overcome by Surfer imo. His best bet is his magic.

cloud102
Originally posted by Sasaraixx
And Wonder Woman has the WISDOM of Athena, and it wouldn't do her any good against SS. Cap may be more durable than Diana, but he could still be overcome by Surfer imo. His best bet is his magic.

It has helped Billy out in the past. Even in Johns's run. And, yes, magic would help. A juiced up punch would probably give Surfer fits.

ultimatethor
It has helped Billy out in the past. Even in Johns's run. And, yes, magic would help. A juiced up punch would probably give Surfer fits.

Not really. SS has sufficient durability to take anything marvel can dish out. Not to mention he is faster and has forcefields. Ss also has one of the highest overall power outputs of any high tier so he could defintely ko Marvel

Raoul
Originally posted by Cavalier
He could hit on him, Bill is insecure.

he should join us on msn, he'd be ruined lol...

Leobama
Imo, calling down magical lightning and lightning punches doesn't seem to be alot to bring to the table against somebody as powerful as the Surfer.

lawest9
he should join us on msn, he'd be ruined lol... Other characters such as thor, the hulk for example have punched the surfer out before so it's not a strecth to believe that a magically charged CM can do the same.

Also the THING has kayoed him with a single punch on his first trip to earth while trying to signal galactus.

darthgoober
Originally posted by lawest9
Other characters such as thor, the hulk for example have punched the surfer out before so it's not a strecth to believe that a magically charged CM can do the same.
When has Hulk KO'd Surfer without Surfer being cut off from the Power Cosmic?

Also the THING has kayoed him with a single punch on his first trip to earth while trying to signal galactus.
That was actually rectoned out in Marvel Saga(most likely due to the ridiculousness of it). Surfer was staggered, not KO'd...

Original...

Recton...

ultimatethor
Other characters such as thor, the hulk for example have punched the surfer out before so it's not a strecth to believe that a magically charged CM can do the same.

Completely false. Regular thor has never ever koed silver surfer. Neither has the hulk. Also thing didnt even ko him as he was completely unhurt.

lawest9
When has Hulk KO'd Surfer without Surfer being cut off from the Power Cosmic?

That was actually rectoned out in Marvel Saga(most likely due to the ridiculousness of it). Surfer was staggered, not KO'd...

Original...

Recton...
Many of you make ss out to be hulk level in strenght alone but hulk did koed him in planet hulk, and if it makes you feel any better we'll say the fall on top of alicia masters roof knocked him out when he was hit by ben grimm but never the less he was out, and BTW, your scans didn't come through and marvel is good at rectonning in favor of SS, THEY ARE SO FULL OF SHIT.

Raoul

i'd never say surfer can't be put down, its not as if its never happened before...

lawest9
Originally posted by ultimatethor
Completely false. Regular thor has never ever koed silver surfer. Neither has the hulk. Also thing didnt even ko him as he was completely unhurt. NOsir it is not false particurily the fight involving the thing, read my post above for what happened.

Also thor koed him with mjolnir in the warrior madness series and the hulk did it in the planet hulk saga.

lawest9
Oh BTW, even spider-man knocked him on his ass in the original surfer series of the sixties.

carver9
NOsir it is not false particurily the fight involving the thing, read my post above for what happened.

Also thor koed him with mjolnir in the warrior madness series and the hulk did it in the planet hulk saga.

Thor hammer, wwh strength>>>>anything captain marvel has to offer or put to the table.

Raoul
Originally posted by carver9
Thor hammer, wwh strength>>>>anything captain marvel has to offer or put to the table.

facepalm

Badabing
facepalm Agreed

ultimatethor
NOsir it is not false particurily the fight involving the thing, read my post above for what happened.

Thor in that series was heavily amped and was tearing thru multiple top tiers. In planet hulk ss was disconnected from the power cosmic and greatly weakened.

Things punch itself is not what took surfer out. It was the fall. Further, that is a very low feat for surfer early in his history. Heck its his first appearance. Since then he has been protrayed far more powerful going unscathed from far worse impact than that.

ultimatethor
Oh BTW, even spider-man knocked him on his ass in the original surfer series of the sixties.

Spiderman didnt even come close to knocking him out. He did no harm to SS whatsoever. He was just a pest to surfer. Surfer didnt even use his power cosmic for most of that fight.

darthgoober
Many of you make ss out to be hulk level in strenght alone but hulk did koed him in planet hulk,
Proof that Surfer was KO'd(didn't Surfer lead the slaves out of the Arena)? Also, Surfer was completely cut off from the Power Cosmic at the time(which means he couldn't amp his strength/durability) and was still kicking the Hulk's ass in Melee until Hulk's friends jumped in to distract Surfer.

and if it makes you feel any better we'll say the fall on top of alicia masters roof knocked him out when he was hit by ben grimm but never the less he was out,
No we'll say he wasn't KO'd at all, just staggered. That was the whole reason I posted the recton...

and BTW, your scans didn't come through and marvel is good at rectonning in favor of SS, THEY ARE SO FULL OF SHIT.
Try again because they're working for me. And I can't think of any recton but this one that Surfer's benefited from in any way...

lawest9
Spiderman didnt even come close to knocking him out. He did no harm to SS whatsoever. He was just a pest to surfer. Surfer didnt even use his power cosmic for most of that fight. I didn't say he knocked him out, he did put him on his backside, point is he was knocked down by someone who is supposed to be so far below his level in strenght, go back and read the original issue and not some rectonn.

The Great Galen
Leaning towards CM.

lawest9
i'd never say surfer can't be put down, its not as if its never happened before... that is the most reasonable and fairly sensable statement yet, thank you.

Too many of these ss threads tend to be an "kiss surfer ass fest situation"

quanchi112
Leaning towards CM. Why?

The Great Galen
Originally posted by quanchi112
Why?

CM stats rival Supes, with no exploitating I don't see SS taking the majority. There about even in speed, to be hoenst I don't remember CM ever useing superspeed in battle much like with SS. In SS defense he can at least initiate blast fairly quick, but I don't think he will output enough power to KO CM. On the other hand, I think magical charged bolts or strikes will do some considerable damage to SS.

darthgoober
I didn't say he knocked him out, he did put him on his backside, point is he was knocked down by someone who is supposed to be so far below his level in strenght, go back and read the original issue and not some rectonn.
Are you talking about Spidey or the Thing in this post? Just asking because you're talking about the recon but UT was talking about Spidey...

quanchi112
CM stats rival Supes, with no exploitating I don't see SS taking the majority. There about even in speed, to be hoenst I don't remember CM ever useing superspeed in battle much like with SS. In SS defense he can at least initiate blast fairly quick, but I don't think he will output enough power to KO CM. On the other hand, I think magical charged bolts or strikes will do some considerable damage to SS. Surfer is so friggin versatile. I dont know how anyone could give billy the majority here. Surfer is more powerful and more versatile. He wins.

xJLxKing
Surfer is so friggin versatile. I dont know how anyone could give billy the majority here. Surfer is more powerful and more versatile. He wins.
Didn't Billy become the new Shazam or whatever?? If so he is easily Sky-Father Level.

quanchi112
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Didn't Billy become the new Shazam or whatever?? If so he is easily Sky-Father Level. I think this is classic Captain Marvel.

xJLxKing
I think this is classic Captain Marvel.
I don't recall the TC saying anything about classic evil face . However, if he did, then SS should beat the classic one, if its current then it goes to CM

Slaanesh
surfer will take this..he's more powerfull..more versatile..maybe faster..and he doesn't wear the gay costume..

ultimatethor
I didn't say he knocked him out, he did put him on his backside, point is he was knocked down by someone who is supposed to be so far below his level in strenght, go back and read the original issue and not some rectonn.

Huh? What r u even talking about? spideman recton? confused

Anyway as i said, Spidy didnt have even the slightest effect on SS who was holding back immensley anyways and didnt even want to use his power cosmic at all. At a point in the fight SS even stopped concentrating on spidy even turning his back on him. Considering SS weight, spidy knocking him down is possible, especially when he is heavily handicapping himself. SS was obviously unhurt though ( the main concern) and ended the fight on a whim.

Leobama
Somebody is gonna have to tell me what this "current" cm can do. I mean if all he has besides physical attacks is magic lightning and lightning punches, i can't see him winning the majority. Let's assume that he does manage to win a fight, after that the Surfer can see what he's capable of and would do anything it takes not to be beaten the same way. The Surfer is WAY more versatile than cm and has so many other attacks and ways to combat him. I mean really, just look at his bio to see what all he's capable of.

jrodslam
Honestly, i dont even see how Surfer beats regular Marvel. Yea, Surfer is gonna blast and blast, but i dont think it would cause Marvel much damage. I do think that if Cap is able to control and hurl lighting. it would be much more damaging to surfer than vise versa.

Leobama
Originally posted by jrodslam
Honestly, i dont even see how Surfer beats regular Marvel. Yea, Surfer is gonna blast and blast, but i dont think it would cause Marvel much damage. I do think that if Cap is able to control and hurl lighting. it would be much more damaging to surfer than vise versa. Really? Lightning more powerful than cosmic energy or anything that the Surfer chose to use on cm? I mean, if that's how you feel.

jrodslam
Really? Lightning more powerful than cosmic energy or anything that the Surfer chose to use on cm? I mean, if that's how you feel.

It wouldnt be just regular lightning. Also, i believe Cap to be just slightly more durable than Supes and we all know how durable Supes is. I think hed do better against a Surfer blast than Surfer would against one of his lightning bolts. Imo.

lawest9
Huh? What r u even talking about? spideman recton? confused

Anyway as i said, Spidy didnt have even the slightest effect on SS who was holding back immensley anyways and didnt even want to use his power cosmic at all. At a point in the fight SS even stopped concentrating on spidy even turning his back on him. Considering SS weight, spidy knocking him down is possible, especially when he is heavily handicapping himself. SS was obviously unhurt though ( the main concern) and ended the fight on a whim. I didn't say spidey really hurt him he just put him on his backside, thanks for acknowledging that much and the fight ended when SS turned to a child trying to ride on his surf board and he had to use his power to steady the boards balance.

lawest9
Honestly, i dont even see how Surfer beats regular Marvel. Yea, Surfer is gonna blast and blast, but i dont think it would cause Marvel much damage. I do think that if Cap is able to control and hurl lighting. it would be much more damaging to surfer than vise versa. Iagree, and remember in a JLA issue CM'S magical invulnerbility allowed him to survive being turned inside out by a weapon of massive power greater than the surfers.

panthergod
Originally posted by UKR
Surfer turns CM into dog food without breaking a sweat. Honestly, CM's the only character I can think of who's even more boring than Superman.
uh...no.

Surfer cannot transmute Cap, who has magickal durabililty from Zeus.

Cap can beat the shit out of Surfer the same way Thor always does.

Ambient
It wouldnt be just regular lightning. Also, i believe Cap to be just slightly more durable than Supes and we all know how durable Supes is. I think hed do better against a Surfer blast than Surfer would against one of his lightning bolts. Imo.
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/3995/elder2nh7.th.jpg http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9849/elder3zj1.th.jpg

He shrugs off/withstood this elder demon gods mystical attack...

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/9094/meph1qq9.th.jpg http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2748/meph2rs4.th.jpg

Again withstood mystical attack from Mephisto himself...

Its goin to take more than mystical lightning bolt to take Surfer out, im not too sure that Capt. has got what it takes...

There's been a few whos gone mano to mano against Supes even bloodied him out a bit but thats not necessarily make them his equal..
Feat wise Supes >>>>> a big margin in strength and durability than Capt...
Iagree, and remember in a JLA issue CM'S magical invulnerbility allowed him to survive being turned inside out by a weapon of massive power greater than the surfers.
What exactly has this weapon done other than turn things inside out ?????? lol That makes it greater than Surfer ?????

Anyhow Surfer ftw via massive energy discharge/Bfr...

Mindset
Originally posted by panthergod
uh...no.

Surfer cannot transmute Cap, who has magickal durabililty from Zeus.

Cap can beat the shit out of Surfer the same way Thor always does. sure

Leobama
I agree with Ambient. I know you guys think that the "magical lightning" thing would be a difference, but I just don't see it. Personally. Based on powersets between the two characters, i've gotta say that the Surfer wins the majority. I've tried to be in the middle, but the "magical lightning" thing just doesn't seem like enough imo.

Enyalus
Regarding Hulks smashing of Surfer during Planet Hulk, it's true what Goober said about Surfer being cut off from the Power Cosmic. That he was also more weakened than Hulk was from recently arriving on the planet. He was beating Hulk and the rest of the Warbound....and what I don't believe anyone has said, is that after he's done beating the hell out of them and has his obedience-disk broken, he stops fighting. That's how Hulk manages to smash him into the ground/take him out of the fight. Because he wasn't fighting back. He took the first punch from Hulk (the one that broke the disk) pretty well.

I think CM is about as strong as Wonder Woman. What makes him look equal to Supes in that area, or close to it, is that his powers are magical. He's also slower than Supes.

So, I'd give SS the edge in durability, speed, strength, and power output (blowing up planets with ease and creating black holes).

It was impressive that Billy was able to survive against a hostless Spectre for as long as he did. IMO, Superman couldn't have done that. I think this'll be a fairly drawn out fight, but that Surfer should win 7-8/10.

SoulDevourer
So, I'd give SS the edge in durability, speed, strength, and power output (blowing up planets with ease and creating black holes). I'm not sure about strength or speed (IMO he'd be on par with Supe CM or BA) but he definitely has a BIG advantage in terms of durability. SS is as close as it gets to indestructible (compared to other non-cosmic beings anyway)

Placidity
Winnah:

http://i37.tinypic.com/2w55zlg.jpg

Mindset
Originally posted by Placidity
Winnah:

http://www.elroyonline.com/files/silversurfer/silversurfer_004.jpg

Leobama
Fellas, If cm is capable of all this magic lightning and stuff where was it those times that he faced superman? Not saying that you're wrong. And if his powers are magic based hows does he not whoop superman everytime?

ultimatethor
Fellas, If cm is capable of all this magic lightning as stuff where was it those times that he faced superman? Not saying that you're wrong. And if his powers are magic based hows does he not whoop superman everytime?

Surfer isnt going to be put down by a few magical lightning bolts anyways.

Juntai
Fellas, If cm is capable of all this magic lightning and stuff where was it those times that he faced superman? Not saying that you're wrong. And if his powers are magic based hows does he not whoop superman everytime? Because Supes isn't as weak to magic as people like to think he is.

ToughMind
Originally posted by Ambient
http://img223.imageshack.us/img223/3995/elder2nh7.th.jpg http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/9849/elder3zj1.th.jpg

He shrugs off/withstood this elder demon gods mystical attack...

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/9094/meph1qq9.th.jpg http://img147.imageshack.us/img147/2748/meph2rs4.th.jpg

Again withstood mystical attack from Mephisto himself...

Its goin to take more than mystical lightning bolt to take Surfer out, im not too sure that Capt. has got what it takes...

There's been a few whos gone mano to mano against Supes even bloodied him out a bit but thats not necessarily make them his equal..
Feat wise Supes >>>>> a big margin in strength and durability than Capt...

What exactly has this weapon done other than turn things inside out ?????? lol That makes it greater than Surfer ?????

Anyhow Surfer ftw via massive energy discharge/Bfr...

Excellent post. The people in this thread who thinks CM is more powerful than Surfer need their heads seriously examined.

xJLxKing
HE IS SKYFATHER LEVEL!!

zeel
Superman has more fans I guess wink

logically CM should do better against Norrin than Superman since he does not have weakness that can be easily exploited like Superman.

But I don't see CM as = to Superman

well said post..............well said.

zeel
CM stats rival Supes, with no exploitating I don't see SS taking the majority. There about even in speed, to be hoenst I don't remember CM ever useing superspeed in battle much like with SS. In SS defense he can at least initiate blast fairly quick, but I don't think he will output enough power to KO CM. On the other hand, I think magical charged bolts or strikes will do some considerable damage to SS.

stats are not always enough. And to be honest surfer is not physically weak and can take a hit. Surfer beast cap on pure versitility.

Ill never understand with supes fans why they think that stats are enough to qualify you as unbeatable. Stats dont stop magical beings. Cap i think has a better chance then supes here but Ss takes both them down.

ss=6 cap=4

The Great Galen
Originally posted by zeel
stats are not always enough. And to be honest surfer is not physically weak and can take a hit. Surfer beast cap on pure versitility.

Ill never understand with supes fans why they think that stats are enough to qualify you as unbeatable. Stats dont stop magical beings. Cap i think has a better chance then supes here but Ss takes both them down.

ss=6 cap=4

You're entittled to that opinion, personally I don't think CM stats are = to supes but at least rival his. At any rate I give CM a 6-7/10 in this match.

Mindset
welcome back smile

The Great Galen
welcome back smile

Happy Dance

Ambient
You're entittled to that opinion, personally I don't think CM stats are = to supes but at least rival his. At any rate I give CM a 6-7/10 in this match.
So you think CM is >> Supes? Based on?

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Ambient
So you think CM is >> Supes? Based on?

?....no I said supes>CM.

Leobama
Originally posted by Juntai
Because Supes isn't as weak to magic as people like to think he is. But it does weaken him, right? If so, and cm is his physical equal, cm should destroy him, imo. Cm's strength is magic based, right?

Enyalus
But it does weaken him, right? If so, and cm is his physical equal, cm should destroy him, imo. Cm's strength is magic based, right?

I think it was explained sometime during the PC era that magic bypasses his bio aura...I haven't seen it explained any better than that.

And yes, his strength is magic-based. He's got the strength of Hercules thanks to Shazam's empowerment.

Avlon
The things that make this battle different from a fight against is that CM doesn't have senses on the level that Superman does nor his diversity.

On the flip side of that there also aren't any weaknesses that SS can try to reproduce. Surfer isn't any more resistant to magic than Supes is. If Caps start laying the magic lightning charged punches. Surfer will be ko'd. This time it's SS who is at the receiving end of weakness exploitation.

The real trick is will SS have time to pull some type of advanced technique when magic laced super strong punches are coming at him?

Mindset
Originally posted by Avlon
The things that make this battle different from a fight against is that CM doesn't have senses on the level that Superman does nor his diversity.

On the flip side of that there also aren't any weaknesses that SS can try to reproduce. Surfer isn't any more resistant to magic than Supes is. If Caps start laying the magic lightning charged punches. Surfer will be ko'd. This time it's SS who is at the receiving end of weakness exploitation.

The real trick is will SS have time to pull some type of advanced technique when magic laced super strong punches are coming at him? SS has a weakness to magic now?

Avlon
He's certainly not especially resistant to it.

The Great Galen
KMC SS has no weakness.

Nihilist
KMC SS has no weakness. he does........thanos

Rhinoceros
SS has a weakness to magic now?

Galactus has... To a degree.

-------

The way I see this fight going. I started to think about how it would go down. First I thought they would try to kick each other's asses just by hitting each other with punches and other melee attacks. If it went down to this, I'd wager Captain Marvel would win the majority.

Then I remembered that Silver Surfer's main offense is his powerful blasts, now I don't know how Captain Marvel's magical resistance handles energy based attacks, but I'd say Silver Surfer would eventually take him down. Now, I still think he'd need to keep his distance in order to KO him without getting himself into a fist fight. He'd we able to do this if he avoided Marvel right from the start, but if Marvel would be fast enough I think he could close the gap faster.

So if they both used their powers to the fullest I'd say SS beat classic Captain Marvel for a majority.

The Great Galen
If CM has supes level h2h speed I'd say he would easily destroy SS, but to my knowledge he tends to brawl out like a brick.

Red Hulk
KMC SS has no weakness. ...

Surfer doesn't have weaknesses period (unless you count machinery built to siphon the Power Cosmic), so why would you add KMC?

When he takes on an Elder God that Thanos and Galactus want to use for power, beats Loki, and battles it out with Mephisto more than once, I don't think you can count magic as a weakness.

Mindset
He's certainly not especially resistant to it. He is as resistant to magic as anything else, the why you describe it is he has a weakness to it.

The Great Galen
He did get oneshotted by Odin, and he lost badly agaisnt mephisto and was having problems agaisnt thor in 2 different occasions. I don't think its out of line to say magic infused strikes from someone on CM would certainly rock him.

Red Hulk
He did get oneshotted by Odin, and he lost badly agaisnt mephisto and was having problems agaisnt thor in 2 different occasions. I don't think its out of line to say magic infused strikes from someone on CM would certainly rock him. Odin is a combination of Cosmic Power and Magic, but to incredible degrees, oh, and he's way more powerful than Surfer.

The only bad loss I can think of against Mephisto is when Meph decided that he only holds back to keep souls intact, and later had the best showing he's ever had; against Galactus.

In the first occasion he easily hammered Thor to the ground, and after he let up his attacks (and let Thor regain composure), he decided that Thor was stronger than him...
And the second time was in a story where Thor was more powerful than Warlock/Surfer combined. Was more powerful than Maxam/Drax with the PG combined (he actually smashed the gem out of Drax), and the Infinity Watch/etc. Surfer actually didn't do too bad against him if you factor in his other showings.

Avlon
He is as resistant to magic as anything else, the why you describe it is he has a weakness to it.

So he wasn't stabbed by a magical knife?

The Great Galen
Originally posted by Red Hulk
Odin is a combination of Cosmic Power and Magic, but to incredible degrees, oh, and he's way more powerful than Surfer.

The only bad loss I can think of against Mephisto is when Meph decided that he only holds back to keep souls intact, and later had the best showing he's ever had; against Galactus.

In the first occasion he easily hammered Thor to the ground, and after he let up his attacks (and let Thor regain composure), he decided that Thor was stronger than him...
And the second time was in a story where Thor was more powerful than Warlock/Surfer combined. Was more powerful than Maxam/Drax with the PG combined (he actually smashed the gem out of Drax), and the Infinity Watch/etc. Surfer actually didn't do too bad against him if you factor in his other showings.

SS still doesn't "resist"magic as much as he does other forms of attacks, not saying he is incredibly weak to magic but it is something he has problems wit.

kgkg
SS still doesn't "resist"magic as much as he does other forms of attacks, not saying he is incredibly weak to magic but it is something he has problems wit. Few examples of this?

kgkg
So he wasn't stabbed by a magical knife? Both incidents had logical explanation. Which one are you referring to?

Mindset
So he wasn't stabbed by a magical knife? And that had more to do with the power of the knife or the fact that it was magical?

xJLxKing
And that had more to do with the power of the knife or the fact that it was magical?
It just shows he doesn't have crazy resistance because it was a magical knife. I would say he has magical resistance, but not to the point that he can't get hurt. He can!!! And CM has crazy magic, he is Shazam big grin

darthgoober
Originally posted by xJLxKing
It just shows he doesn't have crazy resistance because it was a magical knife. I would say he has magical resistance, but not to the point that he can't get hurt. He can!!! And CM has crazy magic, he is Shazam big grin
Is the knife you're referring to the one that was wielded by Dr. Strange's villain Nightmare? You are aware that Nightmare's arguably skyfather level inside his own dimension(where the encounter took place) and that Surfer was completely healed a minute or two later right...

darthgoober
Also keep in mind that it wasn't just a "magical dagger", it was a magical dagger that was also infused with some of Surfer's own Cosmic energy. It was the combination of Sorcery and Cosmic Energy that allowed the dagger to bypass Surfer's invulnerability.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>