Bishop vs. Human Torch

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aries_04
Can Bishop absorb HT's fire? I dont remember seeing him absorb pure fire

Endrict Nuul
Nope, Bishop burns....

redhotrash
Its possible I suppose. Hes absorbed pure electricity before. Hes absorbed energy from snow falling on him even. Im not sure if hes fought Pryo though, which would be the best way to determine this. On the other hand, hes had some kinda lowish showings lately, I wouldnt be surprised if he got overloaded by a full on HT blast. If he fought smart, he'd shoot Johnny and kill him as HT is firing on him. He might get overloaded, but Torch would be dead.

Rutog98
Well, he's absorbed plasma from Thunderbird 3 and had no problems at all with it as well as lightning. I don't think that Torch will be able to hurt him. I think it comes down to H-2-H. Bishop wins.

SevenShackles
bishop absorbs then shots him when he attempts his pathetic excuse for H-2-H

guy222
bumprav

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Nope, Bishop burns....

Well said.

Metalmanx
I think Bishop can take it.

Priest
Bishop can't take cyclops, how would he be able to handle Torch going all out?

Metalmanx
...Two very different forms of energy, maybe?

Endrict Nuul
Your telling me if Johnny went super nova on Bishop causing him to over load... he can take that???? Yeah right!!!!

Johnny wins this.

vansonbee
Johhny overload Bishop

8/10 for Human Torch

Metalmanx
Can he be overloaded? Sure, of course he can. I never once doubted that.

What I think is being missed here, is that as soon as Bishop absorbs even some energy from Torch, he can redirect it back as powerful energy blasts. Unless his flames now block/deflect various wavelengths of energy, Bishop has a damn good chance at this.

vansonbee
Originally posted by Metalmanx

What I think is being missed here, is that as soon as Bishop absorbs even some energy from Torch, he can redirect it back as powerful energy blasts. Unless his flames now block/deflect various wavelengths of energy, Bishop has a damn good chance at this.

your right about that, I don't think he can deflect Bishop energy blasts, but he only has energy blasts when Torch attacks him. Human Torhc is attacking with full force, Bishop won't survive the assault

Endrict Nuul
Originally posted by Metalmanx

Thats how come Bishop he takes 1-2 wins.

As soon as Johnny figures it out and goes nova its a 8-9/10 win for him.
And theres the fact that he flys and Bishop doesnt.

rougeredmage
nope nope nope.

if someone punches bishop he absorbs the kinetic energy yes but he also feels the pain. for example in the recent cable series he was beaten up and actually blead. thus i am saying that bishop will absorb some of the heart energy from Human torches blasts....... however he will also burn and keep on burning.

thus my arguement.... bishops powers absorbs some but not all the energy. thus his power will not protect him from a nova level blast.

Metalmanx
Then a stalemate could be argued. Torch goes Nova, which I've NEVER seen to be instantaneous, Bishop is damaged but absorbs plenty of energy before Torch gets up to full throttle, Bishop fires lethal blast of energy back at Torch, Torch dies while Bishop also dies.

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Your telling me if Johnny went super nova on Bishop causing him to over load... he can take that???? Yeah right!!!!

Johnny wins this. course he could if he absorbs it annd sends it back, and bishop could take cyclops cause cyclops went all out for once and it was kill him, bishop wouldve been fine since he was just sending the energy right back out.

Scoobless
Meh, Torch just needs to make the air so hot around Bishop that he passes out.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.