Punisher VS Ultimate Punisher

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sado22
so whose more badass?

TheGame17
Originally posted by Sado22
so whose more badass?

the ultimate punisher sucks!! he hasn't really beaten anybody. on top of that, his story isn't as sad..

MAX punisher is the best version hands down. I heard someone say that he's not canon though.. Why is that??

steve8687
Originally posted by TheGame17
the ultimate punisher sucks!! he hasn't really beaten anybody. on top of that, his story isn't as sad..

MAX punisher is the best version hands down. I heard someone say that he's not canon though.. Why is that?? Because MAX fallows a completly different origin story, this is punisher placed in the real world, without superhero's.

The Ghosty
Theres an Ultimate Punisher??

I read everything Ultimate, but I don't remember him.

jgiant
He was in like one issue of spiderman i believe, he is a ex-cop or something along those lines. A real pusy boy in comparison to the real frank.

The Ghosty
I remember...a bit.

Sado22
honestly, i think frank is the exception to the "max is not canon routine". his origins are the same, all the people he talks about or refers to or incidents he talks about are also canoncial and his portrayal is kickass (and true to his character) meaning canonical. on top of that, MAX punisher never does anything canonical frank hasn't done.

hence i'm willing to write off Punisher MAX as canonical. IMO though.

Soljer
honestly, i think frank is the exception to the "max is not canon routine". his origins are the same, all the people he talks about or refers to or incidents he talks about are also canoncial and his portrayal is kickass (and true to his character) meaning canonical. on top of that, MAX punisher never does anything canonical frank hasn't done.

hence i'm willing to write off Punisher MAX as canonical. IMO though.

"I wish it were canon, so I'll pretend like it is."

Sado22
and then there is the bit where i mention that:
-frank hasn't done anything noncanonical
-all his backstory is canonical
-his age is canonical
-the side characters and other flashbacks are also canonical

but you obviously couldn't comprehend all that in one go now could you? its okay....they have cure for people like you wink

~Sado

TheGame17
Originally posted by Soljer
"I wish it were canon, so I'll pretend like it is."

it seems believable that it is canon..

jgiant

hence i'm willing to write off Punisher MAX as canonical. IMO though. The origins are different, as slight as they may be they are still differences. 616 did 4 tours in Nam' MAX 3. Frank is in an entirely differnet universe, with no superhero's, there is Nick fury, not no one else. Its just frank put in a different world, i'd say he is pretty much the same guy tho.

Phone
sado give up

its not canon

TheGame17
Originally posted by Phone
sado give up

its not canon

that seems pretty stupid! its the same exact character. it's just a different world..
its the same guy with the SAME abilities and experience. why the hell isn't it canon?? cuz it doesn't have the EXACT same details as the 616 punisher??
In that case, The ultimate punisher isn't canon then...

Soljer
Originally posted by TheGame17
that seems pretty stupid! its the same exact character. it's just a different world..
its the same guy with the SAME abilities and experience. why the hell isn't it canon?? cuz it doesn't have the EXACT same details as the 616 punisher??
In that case, The ultimate punisher isn't canon then...

laughing

No shit the Ultimate Punisher isn't canon.

Not to six one six. That's what people refer to when they say 'canon.'

They really mean 'canon to the six one six verse.'

Ultimate Punisher is canon to the Ultiverse, Punisher MAX is canon to his own universe.

But the three aforementioned universes are separate. Entirely different.

Sado22
look, i didn't say he IS canon. i said i'm willing to consider it canon since:

@jgiant, correct me if i'm wrong but max is written by Ennis right?

the ultimate is a different unniverse altogether. its canon only to its own unniverse, not to 616. the ultimate unniverse is entirely different for the most part of it and that's why i never said its canon considering that frank has a different back story etc.

the only thing with MAX is what i've said above.

jgiant
@jgiant, correct me if i'm wrong but max is written by Ennis right?
You are correct sir.

grey fox
Pretty sure Max punisher interacted with Wolverine.

Phantom Zone
Originally posted by grey fox
Pretty sure Max punisher interacted with Wolverine.

616 Wolverine? Dont think there is a max version of Wolverine.

grey fox
Originally posted by Phantom Zone
616 Wolverine? Dont think there is a max version of Wolverine.

Punisher shot him in the face, balls and then Ran him over with a Steamroller.

Phantom Zone
Punisher shot him in the face, balls and then Ran him over with a Steamroller.

I think that was 616 Punisher...I think theres a differnce between Punisher Max. For there to be proof that Punisher Max did this he would have to refer to the incident in a Punisher Max comic.

Sado22
*crosses fingers* evil face

jgiant
Punisher shot him in the face, balls and then Ran him over with a Steamroller. Marvel Knights

TheGame17
Originally posted by Soljer
laughing

No shit the Ultimate Punisher isn't canon.

Not to six one six. That's what people refer to when they say 'canon.'

They really mean 'canon to the six one six verse.'

Ultimate Punisher is canon to the Ultiverse, Punisher MAX is canon to his own universe.

But the three aforementioned universes are separate. Entirely different.

Still don't get it. its the same character so i don't think it makes a difference what universe he's in cuz his abilities and feats are the same in each universe..

Kazenji
Originally posted by jgiant
The origins are different, as slight as they may be they are still differences. 616 did 4 tours in Nam' MAX 3. Frank is in an entirely differnet universe, with no superhero's, there is Nick fury, not no one else. Its just frank put in a different world, i'd say he is pretty much the same guy tho.

Also Microchip was at the start of the MAX series and he just happen to be in the last series (1987 - 1995)

Sado22
actually frank commented on how he was supposed to be dead. heck, micro even explained that he wasn't and had survived all this time.
that was a cool arc by the way
"Lynus liberneim..............deceased!" laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.