Conner Kent vs Extremis Ironman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Endrict Nuul
Who wins?

suprmanvsbatman
Extremis Ironman ftw 6/10

Grinning Goku
CK

Avlon
Conner just has to touch IM ftw.

rotiart
Conner... right before he died.. was basically superman... even if you wanna call him superman light.. he still had the toughness and the strength... and the speed.... oh man the speed...

conner owns tony.. 10/10.

Endrict Nuul
... I thought he was weaker...

rotiart
Even if he was... conner's powers are inherent...

lessee.. weaker.. than superman.. .but still has...

healing factor.
near invulnerability
flight
speed
strength
heat vision...

anything else i'm missing?

if he were to rip off starks gear... stark has nowhere togo.. but down

tjcoady
Originally posted by rotiart
Even if he was... conner's powers are inherent...

lessee.. weaker.. than superman.. .but still has...

healing factor.
near invulnerability
flight
speed
strength
heat vision...

anything else i'm missing?

if he were to rip off starks gear... stark has nowhere togo.. but down

Yeah, you're missing tactical telekineses.

You're also missing the fact that he had those at only a little more than half of Superman levels.

rotiart
Originally posted by tjcoady

You're also missing the fact that he had those at only a little more than half of Superman levels.

1/2 superman > Any Iron Man.

spetznaz
Originally posted by tjcoady

A little more of Superman's levels in terms of strength/speed/what-have-you is actually more powerful than most heroes/villains out there. It is still exceedingly powerful if you think of it.

It is like having a little more than half the speed of the Flash ....that basically makes you still one of the fastest speedsters out there.

I personally do not think it was half, but using that number (or even a quarter) still gives one a really superior level of strength and speed. A tenth of Superman's powers would actually still make one very powerful.

Now, i know there are some people (names ....actually name .....withheld) who believe that IronMan can defeat Superman, but to be honest I do not think that Stark could defeat Conner.

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by spetznaz
A little more of Superman's levels in terms of strength/speed/what-have-you is actually more powerful than most heroes/villains out there. It is still exceedingly powerful if you think of it.

It is like having a little more than half the speed of the Flash ....that basically makes you still one of the fastest speedsters out there.

I personally do not think it was half, but using that number (or even a quarter) still gives one a really superior level of strength and speed. A tenth of Superman's powers would actually still make one very powerful.

Now, i know there are some people (names ....actually name .....withheld) who believe that IronMan can defeat Superman, but to be honest I do not think that Stark could defeat Conner.

It would depend on the armor, there was a time that Ironman wouldn't have dreamt of going up against Magneto, but with prep he came up with armor that countered Magneto's specific power making Erik impotent against him. Could he come up with Armor to counter Conner's powers? Absolutely.

llagrok
Connor Kent touches Iron Man and disassembles him.

spetznaz
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
It would depend on the armor, there was a time that Ironman wouldn't have dreamt of going up against Magneto, but with prep he came up with armor that countered Magneto's specific power making Erik impotent against him. Could he come up with Armor to counter Conner's powers? Absolutely.

Your statement: Could he come up with armor to counter Conner's powers?

My response: Absolutely. He can do that given sufficient prep time. With enough prep time and access to the battlefield, Stark could probably come up with something (not necessarily armor) to be able to defeat even Superman.

The only problem is that the thread posted a match between Extremis IronMan and Conner.

Not Stark with some Conner (or for that matter Kryptonian) specific prep .....simply Stark in one of his best (in my opinion his best armor if you look at ALL facets) armors.

In such a case, he loses.

It is like asking if Batman can beat Deathstroke and Captain America together, hand to hand. Well, the answer is no. Easy.
But, COULD he come up with a strategy to defeat (by whatever means) the two of them? Absolutely, and to be honest without that much level of difficulty (if anything goes) .....but that is not what was asked now, was it?

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by spetznaz
Your statement: Could he come up with armor to counter Conner's powers?

My response: Absolutely. He can do that given sufficient prep time. With enough prep time and access to the battlefield, Stark could probably come up with something (not necessarily armor) to be able to defeat even Superman.

The only problem is that the thread posted a match between Extremis IronMan and Conner.

Not Stark with some Conner (or for that matter Kryptonian specific) prep .....simply Stark in one of his best (in my opinion his best armor if you look at ALL facets) armors.

In such a case, he loses.

It is like asking if Batman can beat Deathstroke and Captain America together. Well, the answer is no. Easy.
But, COULD he come up with a strategy to defeat the two of them? Absolutely .....but that is not what was asked now, was it?

You're completely right, without prep Conner should be able to unravel Tony's suit with a touch. I wonder why they had to kill off such an amazing character.

Rorschach
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
You're completely right, without prep Conner should be able to unravel Tony's suit with a touch. I wonder why they had to kill off such an amazing character.

Lawsuit.

Innerhype
Lets not underestimate Iron Man again here ladies and gentleman

Soljer
Originally posted by Rorschach
Lawsuit.

They actually claim that the lawsuit had nothing to do with his death.

In fact, he's supposedly coming back (albeit under a different name).

Rorschach
Originally posted by Soljer
They actually claim that the lawsuit had nothing to do with his death.

They lie!

Originally posted by Soljer
In fact, he's supposedly coming back (albeit under a different name).

He'll probably show up during Blackest Night.

Entity
Lawsuit. Interesting really?confused

I had never heard of a lawsuit surrounding this? Could you please pm me the details or a link as to where I may find them? smile

Soljer
Originally posted by Entity
Interesting really?confused

I had never heard of a lawsuit surrounding this? Could you please pm me the details or a link as to where I may find them? smile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Superboy#Legal_status

Soljer
They lie!

They said he was slated to be a sacrificial lamb before the legal dispute was ever brought up.

He'll probably show up during Blackest Night.

Here's to hoping.

Entity
Stupidass legal technicalities bullshit.

Superboy Prime's ok but Conner can't be known as just superboy. I don't see how DC doesn't technically have all the rights to the super franchise where they bought it form Joe and Jerry for the $130 they paid them when he was first bought to publish or the $200,000 in the lawsuit giving DC the rights to anything created form superman after the movie came out.

Hey I'm all for getting your due credit but they sold him and DC bought him fair all around so they should get the credit in the titles but thats about all as I see it. If they wanted more they shouldn't have sold their rights to it.

Soljer
Originally posted by Entity
Stupidass legal technicalities bullshit.

Superboy Prime's ok but Conner can't be known as just superboy. I don't see how DC doesn't technically have all the rights to the super franchise where they bought it form Joe and Jerry for the $130 they paid them when he was first bought to publish or the $200,000 in the lawsuit giving DC the rights to anything created form superman after the movie came out.

Hey I'm all for getting your due credit but they sold him and DC bought him fair all around so they should get the credit in the titles but thats about all as I see it. If they wanted more they shouldn't have sold their rights to it.

Superboy Prime ISN'T okay.

One of the reasons they changed his name to Superman Prime.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.