Armed vs. Unarmed

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

nimbus006
Team Armed

Current Thor (Mjolnir)
GL- Hal (Power Ring)
Beta Ray Bill (Stormbreaker)
Wonder Woman (Lasso)
Ronan (Ultimate Weapon)
Gamora (Godslayer)

Team Unarmed

Thanos
Silver Surfer
Superman
Black Adam (WW3)
Firestorm (Ronnie)
Nova (Fully Powered, No trans mode virus)

*Current Thor has the Odin Force right?

Galan007
Leaning towards team 2

golem370
Thanos should be able to take most if not all of the team alone.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Galan007
Leaning towards team 2

Yea, I stacked them pretty heavily due to Thor having the Odin Force.

Although, Team 1 is pretty stacked themselves, if you actually think about it.

The Pict
Originally posted by golem370

Hardly erm

nimbus006
Originally posted by golem370

No, like i said this is King Thor, or it should be at least.

guy222
Current Thor has the OdinForce

Team One

BruceSkywalker
With Thor having the Odinforce, team one will be hard to beat.

Soljer
Team two takes it.

nimbus006
Its a tough call for me, I'm leaning toward team 2 as well, but with the Odinforce, and all the powerful weapons on Team 1's side I cant give team 2 a definitive majority win.

I think Thanos could hold off King Thor for some time, but eventually he'll be beaten as he was against Odin.

This whole scenario probably depends on who defeats who first, and can give their team an advantage.

Newjak
If Thor has the Odin Force he should solo team 2 after a decent fight maybe.

Priest
Team 2, easily

Dark-Jaxx
If Thor does not have the Odinforce, team 2, which is influenced heavly by Thanos' presence. If Thor does, team 1.

Soljer
Originally posted by Newjak

I feel that Thanos and a fully empowered Nova are more than enough to stave off an Odinpowered Thor.

Especially current Odinpowered Thor, who has not shown a damned thing on the level of King or Rune King Thor.

Priest
Bring back the Gods was a pretty "Odin like" feat..

rotiart
Thor has the... "Thor Force..." :P In Thor #7 Thor dreamed that Odin referred to the Odinsleep as the Thorsleep since it isn't Odin's anymore...

So would hence the OdinForce be considered the ThorForce... or is it simply the FatherForcer... which I prefer... the FF.. :P

Anyways.. I actually see Team 2 taking it.
Team Armed

Current Thor (Mjolnir) vs Thanos... Thanos can hold off Thor until his teammates arrive. I don't necessarily agree with the matchups, but i see myself a slight edge to team two in overall power... whereas, Team 1 has a vast difference between Thor and Gamora.

LORD B
team 2

Evangel94
Originally posted by Newjak

Didn't Thanos take on Odin pretty well and survived? Current Thor hasn't shown anything on the level of that fight Odin had with Thanos.

Thor may have the odinforce still, but on probably not on the same level as Rune Powered or even King Thor. His access to the Odinforce may be limited. He hasn't displayed any feats that would indicate he still skyfather level despite being the new leader of Asgard.

The most he's done is beat up Iron Man and create a planetary lightning Storm. After the planetary lightning storm (which also had the added effect of brining back all former asgardians), he was so drained that he fell to earth and needed to go into the "Thorsleep" (or Thornap I call it) again despite being asleep for so long between Rune Thor and current Thor.

I tend to think of the current Thor in the same way I think of current Silver Surfer. Both of them are significantly stronger but whether or not they are actually truly upgraded or simply no longer holding back is up for debate.

nimbus006
Originally posted by rotiart
I don't necessarily agree with the matchups, but i see myself a slight edge to team two in overall power... whereas, Team 1 has a vast difference between Thor and Gamora.

Gamora with the godslayer is slightly below Ronan and Nova.

Since Annihilation she seems to have recieved an upgrade, and the godslayer is an extremely powerful weapon, from what Gamora has said.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Evangel94
Didn't Thanos take on Odin pretty well and survived?

Exactly, people keep saying if Thor has the Odinforce then he solos. Not quite, Thanos, although defeated did hold his own against Odin. So, Thor is not soloing Team 2.

Newjak
Originally posted by Soljer
I feel that Thanos and a fully empowered Nova are more than enough to stave off an Odinpowered Thor.

Especially current Odinpowered Thor, who has not shown a damned thing on the level of King or Rune King Thor. I see most people referring to the Thanos Odin fight but people tend to forget that most of the that fight was basically Odin knocking Thanos on his back, and Thanos being immortal because of Death getting back up. The only real thing Thanos did was basically force himself through a blast from Odin which once again he couldn't die.

After that Odin still looking fresh as a daisy stopped fighting Thanos, who looked like he had just been put through a meat grinder, cause he was destroying Asgard.

Let also not forget that Odin one shotted Surfer before that fight. Nova and Thanos are not enough to stave off an Odinpowered Thor nor would the entire team of people.

As to current Thor he did take the Destroyer armor blast point blank and came out without a scratch. That already puts him durability wise greater than anything team 2 can dish out.

But as to Thor not doing anything he did you know bring back the likes of Hela and possibly the midgard serpent. Those aren't exactly lightly powered people. So yes he doesn't have any galaxy busting feats like Odin, or anyone dark god destroying feats like he did as RKT.

But hose two feat alone should state that he is above anyone else here especially seeing as he has the Odinpower.

Eon Blue
Team two. They have Superman.

Soljer
Originally posted by Eon Blue
Team two. They have Superman.

Good point.

Odinpower or not, Thor's still a 'small god, from a small world.'

stick out tongue.

Newjak
Good point.

Odinpower or not, Thor's still a 'small god, from a small world.'

stick out tongue. True hmm

llagrok

Especially current Odinpowered Thor, who has not shown a damned thing on the level of King or Rune King Thor.

He did very well against the Destroyer.

Full powered Nova doesn't have a lot of decent feats anyways, besides his fight with annihilus.

nimbus006
His fight against the Thunderbolts and the Planetfall Weapon robot were decent showings.

Personally, I feel like his ability to resist the Transmode virus is also a tremendous feat and severely underrated, seeing as how Drax and Gamora could not.

Bentley
Thor tips scales here, Thanos has received updates since his fight with Odin, and can certainly take many powerful enemies with prep, but I see team one winning after a long fight.

Thor still has that destroyer beam feat.

Endless Mike
Since Thanos is on team unarmed, does that mean he doesn't get any of his tech/forcefields/weapons?

nimbus006
Originally posted by Endless Mike
Since Thanos is on team unarmed, does that mean he doesn't get any of his tech/forcefields/weapons?

He really doesn't employ weapons in battle, his forcefields aren't offensive type weapons... so yes he gets his usual tech.

Bentley
Forcefield is not a weapon if its part of yourself I think.

nimbus006
Originally posted by Bentley
Forcefield is not a weapon if its part of yourself I think.

Exactly, what I meant by armed is an actual artifact that is wielded and can project some sort of offensive power.

Endless Mike
Well a lot of Thanos' battle power is due to the various technological devices he keeps on him, sort of like Doctor Doom and his armor

The Fake Macoy
I'm kind of leaning towards team 2, as current Thor hasn't shown himself to be at RKT levels or Odin levels.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.