Shadowcat Vs X-23

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

psycho gundam
In Mandripoor, a long underground martial arts tournament is about to close. the final match is between kitty pride and the wolverine clone x-23.

they are well rested before their match and both have been watching each other's matches up to this point.

killing is not illegal nor are dirty moves(vale tudo)

who wins?

psycho gundam
bump

DestinyGuy678
x-23 in my opinion, basiclaly a faster and more agile wolverine

gogogadgetgo
so, x-23 has her claws, what does shadowcat have? sword/dagger maybe?

also, full use of powers? then shadowcat. no need to use martial arts, just make x-23 intangible and pull a thor/hulk win (aka, phase her into the floor)

tkitna
Pryde

psycho gundam
bump

Juk3n
Pryde - i heer fayzing iz gud.

carver9
You all forgot that adamantium hurts kitty when shes attacked by it when fazing and wolverine found out a secret about kitty pride when he fought her. In order for her to attack him she has to make something touchable on her body. Im pretty sure x23 can also duplicate that.

llagrok
X-23, hard.

Shadowcat almost has to vomit whenever she phases through Adamantium.

guy222
x-23

ExodusCloak
Shadowcat wins, she phases the arena floor and X-23 three gets fused into it.

llagrok
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Shadowcat wins, she phases the arena floor and X-23 three gets fused into it.

She can't just "phase" the floor like that, she would need to phase X-23 into her. Phasing floors and such isn't something does a lot, or has done more than....twice?

Granted, Shadowcat should be capable of grabbing X-23's waist and phasing her. As long as she avoids the claws.

carver9
if it wasnt for the adamantium I would give this to shadowcat but x23 rips through her quite easily.

xmarksthespot
I'm pretty sure that phasing a giant bullet made of alien metal through the earth is more strenuous than phasing through a little adamantium.

The Pict
Kitty wins everytime

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
I'm pretty sure that phasing a giant bullet made of alien metal through the earth is more strenuous than phasing through a little adamantium.

thumb up

carver9

Im not going by what Im thinking, Im going by on panel evidence and on panel she has stated numerous of times that adamantium hurts her.

Im also pretty sure that a nuke is worse then kryptonite radiation but which one affects superman more.

Sabertooth even told her that he can kill her at any time due her abilities no over wheming adamantium.

Adamantium is kitties kryptonite.

The Pict
Originally posted by carver9
Im not going by what Im thinking, Im going by on panel evidence and on panel she has stated numerous of times that adamantium hurts her.

Im also pretty sure that a nuke is worse then kryptonite radiation but which one affects superman more.

Sabertooth even told her that he can kill her at any time due her abilities no over wheming adamantium.

Adamantium is kitties kryptonite.

Why does the adamantium hurt her, because of it's density? Kitty's powers have grown over the years, she just phased through 10 miles of extremely dense alien metals. Then phased it through the entire planet. She wouldn't be able to do that before, heck she used to have to hold her breath while phasing.

Besides she is one of the top martial artists in the MU with more experience than X-23, she only has to avoid the claws and touch Laura once to phase out her organs, limbs, head, phase her into the floor etc

xmarksthespot
The Kitty-proof box specifically designed by people who know her powers best to prevent her phasing hurt her, yet she still phased through it to pull out Stuff, whom she thought was her baby at the time.

The alien metal hurt her, severely weakened her to the point of feebleness, yet she still phased a ten-mile long bullet, in its entirety, made out of it through the 8,000 mile diameter of Earth.

So I'm going by what's on panel as well.

carver9
Originally posted by The Pict
Why does the adamantium hurt her, because of it's density? Kitty's powers have grown over the years, she just phased through 10 miles of extremely dense alien metals. Then phased it through the entire planet. She wouldn't be able to do that before, heck she used to have to hold her breath while phasing.

Besides she is one of the top martial artists in the MU with more experience than X-23, she only has to avoid the claws and touch Laura once to phase out her organs, limbs, head, phase her into the floor etc

So Im guessing that youre saying alien metal equal or> adamantium. So basically all radiations should hurt gladiator or superman. There havent been anything on panel stating that kitty has overcame her durability against adamantium. It was weakness given to her and it has been in her bio for years as a weakness. Again sabertooth and wolverine know about this weakness, thats why sabertooth threatened to kill her if wolverine and wolverine jumped at sabertooth to prevent that from happening.

Kitties entire career, she has great phasing feats. Hell I think it was new xmen she fazed all the way to earths close to earths core but that still never stopped her from screaming in pain when getting slashed by adamantium. And again, in order for kitty to land a lick on x23 a part of her body has to be unphased and that was something that wolverine picked up on which led to him stabbing her in the feat and that is something that x23 would pick up on.

Kittie is a great martial artist but I give the edge to x. Overrall she is faster and by far much more agile (she surprised spiderman and had him dead to right). Not only that but she has that amazing healing factor and acute senses. 7or8/10 x23. If it wasnt for the adamantium I would give it to kitty every time.

carver9
The Kitty-proof box specifically designed by people who know her powers best to prevent her phasing hurt her, yet she still phased through it to pull out Stuff, whom she thought was her baby at the time.

The alien metal hurt her, severely weakened her to the point of feebleness, yet she still phased a ten-mile long bullet, in its entirety, made out of it through the 8,000 mile diameter of Earth.

So I'm going by what's on panel as well.

read above post and alien tech dont equal adamantium. Wolverine have carved up alien tech almost his entire career. Two different substances.

llagrok

So?

She's still pretty close to vomiting every time she phases through adamantium.

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by llagrok
She's still pretty close to vomiting every time she phases through adamantium. Not every time. More when it's convenient for the writer, she didn't originally show any effects as seen in the Kitty Pryde and Wolverine series years and years ago. And even in more recent comics, for example when Wolverine stabbed through her to kill Northstar, or when he was Deathverine, nothing happened.

And X-23 doesn't even have an adamantium skeleton, just claws.

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by llagrok
She can't just "phase" the floor like that, she would need to phase X-23 into her. Phasing floors and such isn't something does a lot, or has done more than....twice?

Granted, Shadowcat should be capable of grabbing X-23's waist and phasing her. As long as she avoids the claws.

She just phased a 10 mile Bullet in her last appearance, I don't see the problem with her phasing a good chunk of the arena. It's quite likely that she'd try to cripple X-23 rather then kill her so phasing the arena so that X-23 falls a depth of 50cm should do the trick.
Pulling her into the ground may also work but the former is easier.

As for the Kitty Proof Box, not only was it dense it's molecules were fluid (span it's molecules to make phasing harder) but she still phased through it then Auntie Emma knocked her out telepathically.

Also X-23 only has adamantium claws her skeleton isn't laced with it, see when Belasco killed her and why she's much more agile then Wolverine and her bio(IRRC).

Raoul
pretty much what x and ec said, imo, kitty ftw.

carver9
Not every time. More when it's convenient for the writer, she didn't originally show any effects as seen in the Kitty Pryde and Wolverine series years and years ago. And even in more recent comics, for example when Wolverine stabbed through her to kill Northstar, or when he was Deathverine, nothing happened.

When she fought deathverine she almost got killed until she was saved and when he was slicing through her she felt every piece of it.

I know that she dont have adamantium bone but that wasnt my point, she isnt attacking her with her bones, she using her adamantium claws.

xmarksthespot
This Deathverine?
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/4314/65fightsdeath1iq4.jpg

psycho gundam
This Deathverine?
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/4314/65fightsdeath1iq4.jpg shifty

Metalmanx
Not every time. More when it's convenient for the writer, she didn't originally show any effects as seen in the Kitty Pryde and Wolverine series years and years ago. And even in more recent comics, for example when Wolverine stabbed through her to kill Northstar, or when he was Deathverine, nothing happened.

Xmarks has pretty much already said everything I was going to say. Besides, what people don't seem to get is that Kitty doesn't necessarily need to phase through X-23. She just needs to touch her at all to phase her through say...the ground.

Anyway, Kitty wins hard.

StyleTime
Originally posted by Metalmanx
Anyway, Kitty wins hard.
thumb up

carver9
This Deathverine?
http://img151.imageshack.us/img151/4314/65fightsdeath1iq4.jpg

post her defeat. You do know that he defeated her right, with the same claws that went through her.

By the way this is in her bio which on panel has been displayed numerous of times.

"While phasing, she does not physically walk on surfaces, but rather interacts with the molecules of air above them, allowing her to ascend and descend. While phased, she is immune to most physical attacks, and has inconsistent showings of some resistance to telepathy. The density of some materials (such as adamantium) can prove deleterious to her phasing, causing her to be severely disoriented or experience pain if she tries to pass through them."

I got it from here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitty_Pride

Its in every bio that she has and it has been displayed in almost every comic that she has been that involves adamantium.Thats a good showing for her but its not a regular showing. X23 would wreck her at least 7/10.

xmarksthespot
I said it's been inconsistent and cite two recent instances where nothing happens, one of them being when she fought Wolverine as Death in Wolverine #146.
You said "when he was slicing through her she felt every piece of it."
I posted a scan showing that to be false. I can post the rest of the fight to further show it to be false.

Wolverine does eventually stab her in the foot when it's solid. Hooray adamantium hurts solid things.
Which has nothing to do with the point of me citing the instance as adamantium having no effect from her when phased in a recent comic.
In recent comics she's shown no need to solidify "for leverage" as evident in her kicking the crap out of Emma Frost.

Hooray you can search wikipedia. It hasn't been shown in every comic she's been in involving adamantium, it was in an issue where Sabretooth slashed her, another apparently during a training session and an instance with Viper. I also remember X-23 passing through her in Uncanny harming both of them iirc.

And regardless of whether the weakness is taken into account she still wins. She can phase the arena, she can rush through and pull out a vital organ, she can just do this:
http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y116/anticryste/skrulldies.jpg
and pull X-23 under, all before X-23 lands a hit.

The Pict
Originally posted by carver9
post her defeat. You do know that he defeated her right, with the same claws that went through her.

By the way this is in her bio which on panel has been displayed numerous of times.

"While phasing, she does not physically walk on surfaces, but rather interacts with the molecules of air above them, allowing her to ascend and descend. While phased, she is immune to most physical attacks, and has inconsistent showings of some resistance to telepathy. The density of some materials (such as adamantium) can prove deleterious to her phasing, causing her to be severely disoriented or experience pain if she tries to pass through them."

I got it from here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kitty_Pride

Its in every bio that she has and it has been displayed in almost every comic that she has been that involves adamantium.Thats a good showing for her but its not a regular showing. X23 would wreck her at least 7/10.

Oh my....Wikipedia evidence faint

Still Kitty 10/10

carver9

Still Kitty 10/10

Its not that I was saying that wikipedia is 100% accurate I just wanted to show at least something saying it besides myself.

Creshosk
http://www.cagle.com/working/080624/fairrington.jpg

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2006/06/15/wikipedia_can_damage_your_grades/
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&rlz=1T4GGIH_enUS261US263&q=wikipedia+fails+students

llagrok

Still Kitty 10/10

It DID happen though, in uncanny x-men.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.