Let's suppose....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

BobbyD
Humor me on this one everyone. Let us suppose that Jesus called everyone in the Marvel and DC world to stand in line and replicate his miracles. The Presence is (naturally) excluded. I would include TOAA, but that's just a real life writer, though it shouldn't be. Is there anyone that could perform all of these???

Who could turn water into wine?
Turn 2 loaves of bread and 5 fishes enough to feed thousands?
Make the blind see?
Cure diseases?
Make a cripple walk?
Exorcise a demon? (would like to see the reactions of Mephisto, Spawn, and several others when they meet him face to face)
Walk on water?
Raise the dead?

Badabing
Batman aka the Bat-god. stick out tongue

Anyway, I'll leave this open to see where it goes. If it turns into religion bashing or a crusade then I'll have to close it.

janus77
Originally posted by BobbyD
Humor me on this one everyone. Let us suppose that Jesus called everyone in the Marvel and DC world to stand in line and replicate his miracles. The Presence is (naturally) excluded. I would include TOAA, but that's just a real life writer, though it shouldn't be. Is there anyone that could perform all of these???

Who could turn water into wine?
Turn 2 loaves of bread and 5 fishes enough to feed thousands?
Make the blind see?
Cure diseases?
Make a cripple walk?
Exorcise a demon? (would like to see the reactions of Mephisto, Spawn, and several others when they meet him face to face)
Walk on water?
Raise the dead?
Surfer could do (and has done) everyone of them except for the raising fo the dead. Galactus could do all of them.

really it should be a question of whether Jesus could do what Surfer can! yes

BobbyD
Originally posted by Badabing
Batman aka the Bat-god. stick out tongue

Anyway, I'll leave this open to see where it goes. If it turns into religion bashing or a crusade then I'll have to close it.

Understood, and thank you. It is not my intention to start a "holy war" here, but I have the same apprehension as well.

Thanks for your open-mindedness, Badabing.

BobbyD
Originally posted by janus77
Surfer could do (and has done) everyone of them except for the raising fo the dead. Galactus could do all of them.

He performed an exorcism?

nimbus006
Originally posted by BobbyD
He performed an exorcism?

He has the power to healwhich takes care of most of these miracles, and the rest are routine for him. Just a matter of simple matter manipulation, pun intended.

Others who could pull some of these off:

Firestorm
Sersi
Ronan

BobbyD
Originally posted by nimbus006
He has the power to healwhich takes care of most of these miracles, and the rest are routine for him. Just a matter of simple matter manipulation, pun intended.

Surfer rules.

Etrigan
Yeah, Surfer could pretty much pull all of these off but not in a conventional method (i.e. he couldn't just do it with touches like Jesus did.) I reckon he'd have to put his powers into play somewhere along the line. And yeah, Surfer does rule.

Doctor-Alvis
Isn't being able to do extraordinary things with a touch a power?

Etrigan
Of course it is. But I reckon Surfer would have to use powers such as telekinesis, matter manipulation and perhaps time travel to accomplish some of these feats (or at least to set up accomplishment of said feats.)

janus77
Originally posted by Doctor-Alvis
Isn't being able to do extraordinary things with a touch a power?
no, it's a mental disorder and in some countries it's punishable if not consensual or not above the age of consent.

Etrigan
Janus's post beats mine.

janus77
lol,
thanks.

Eon Blue
Dr. Strange or any other similar character could replicate the feats, in my opinion.

BobbyD
Originally posted by janus77
no, it's a mental disorder and in some countries it's punishable if not consensual or not above the age of consent.

Pfff! laughing

Endrict Nuul
Mr. Mxy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.