Thanos vs. Superman with double strength

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soljer
Nods to herochat.

Can Superman take down the Titan if he has his strength doubled?

LORD B
Originally posted by Soljer
Nods to herochat.

Can Superman take down the Titan if he has his strength doubled?
does thanos have all his regular powers?

Badabing
Nods to herochat.

Can Superman take down the Titan if he has his strength doubled? Adds Soljer to "The List". uhuh

Soljer
Originally posted by Badabing
Adds Soljer to "The List". uhuh

What did I do?

Do you think this is spite or some such? sad.

Soljer
Originally posted by LORD B
does thanos have all his regular powers?

Thanos' powers are as normal, but he lacks any extraneous equipment. He's facing Superman without access to any gadgets, equipment, or external technology.

Badabing
What did I do?

Do you think this is spite or some such? sad. No, j/k. dur

LORD B
Thanos' powers are as normal, but he lacks any extraneous equipment. He's facing Superman without access to any gadgets, equipment, or external technology.
thanos ftw via mindrape.

Soljer
Originally posted by Badabing
No, j/k. dur

Damn right dur.

TricksterPriest
I give Supes the nod over Thanos physically to begin with. He's not gonna beat a Superman with double his normal strength.

Maybe by mindrape or BFR ( can Supes travel dimensions anymore?) but not in a straight fight.

Master-Borg
Superman.

Avlon
This is a stomp.

Thanos at most is on physical level with Supes. Doubling Supes level is too much.

tkitna
While I disagree that Superman is Thanos' equal physically, doubling the boyscouts strength would be to much.

Dark-Jaxx
If Thanos still retains his other powers, he can win.

Bouboumaster
Thanos rapes him 10/10 via energy manipulation, or mindrape, or bfr, or by kickin' his ass. He fought a WM Thor with the PG, so...

Priest
Originally posted by Avlon
This is a stomp.

Thanos at most is on physical level with Supes. Doubling Supes level is too much.
Thanos stood up to Warrior maddness Thor with the powergem no expression

janus77
Thanos wins with his usual ease.
one blast knocked Galactus on his arse, nuff said no?

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by janus77
Thanos wins with his usual ease.
one blast knocked Galactus on his arse, nuff said no? Though I agree he wins, Thing knocked Galactus on his ass.

Bentley
Its stated in panel that it was a well-fed Galactus against Thanos.

Thanos wins this as he wins every fight against Supes. Drain his energy, BFR or the usual blast -not amping Supes resistance. Thanos can keep up with the power gem, Supes is going down hard.

h1a8
IMHO, Thanos is nowhere near Superman physically. Neither do I think these are either: Thor, WM Thor, and WM Thor with power gem (the gem does nothing). Thanos has great agility, good reflexes, moderate super strength (most likely less than Thor), and decent physical blunt durability (not great though). For these reasons (especially the agility and reflexes) Thanos is able to seemingly embarrass others physically.

Big misconception

1. X is just as strong as Y since he was shown to go toe to toe in a fight against Y.

This is faulty because it assumes that one cannot be hurt by less strength than their own. It is also faulty because it assumes that since X has the ability to knock Y away then X's strength is in the vicinity (or much greater) of Y's. This totally ignores the comparative strength of the attacker vs. the weight of the foe.

llagrok
The endurance boost that Thanos receives from his personal armor is pretty significant, yes?

Either way, Superman starts out with far superior strength. Not saying it would be enough though, but he's definitely far stronger here.

Unnatural-POWER
Superman is either as strong, or stronger than Thanos when they're both at normal levels.

Doubling Supermans strength, paired with his already monumental speed advantage, tips the balance in Supermans favor.

At normal levels....

Thanos wins 6-7 / 10

Superman with double strength....

Superman wins 6-7 / 10

IMO of course.

Bouboumaster
Originally posted by Unnatural-POWER
Superman is either as strong, or stronger than Thanos when they're both at normal levels.

Doubling Supermans strength, paired with his already monumental speed advantage, tips the balance in Supermans favor.

At normal levels....

Thanos wins 6-7 / 10

Superman with double strength....

Superman wins 6-7 / 10

IMO of course.

Don't agree. While amping, Thanos beats the shit out of Surfer, who would be physically on a lvl near Superman's

Galan007
Nods to herochat.

Can Superman take down the Titan if he has his strength doubled? Why does Clark need his strength doubled? It's already nigh-unlimited...

In his own words, -- "I hit shit, and it falls down!"

ermm.

Magee
Originally posted by Galan007
In his own words, -- "I hit shit, and it falls down!"

ermm. laughing I pray for the day when Superman actualy says that.

Air Legend
Thanos in a curbstomp.

Galan007
Originally posted by Magee
laughing I pray for the day when Superman actualy says that. He did..... Kinda sorta:

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6484/26547679dm6.th.jpg

kinda.

Soljer
Originally posted by Galan007
He did..... Kinda sorta:

http://img508.imageshack.us/img508/6484/26547679dm6.th.jpg

kinda.

Actually, I think you got a mis-print.....

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/4895/26547679dm6zd9.jpg

Galan007
laughing

gogogadgetgo
thanos=wm thor + power gem

wm thor + powergem > wm thor = thorx10>supermanx2

thanos still

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by gogogadgetgo
thanos=wm thor + power gem

wm thor + powergem > wm thor = thorx10>supermanx2

thanos still

Actually, I would not put stalemating WM Thor with the power gem beyond Superman. erm

Terryc250
Thanos, supes is overrated

Allankles
Normal supes can defeat Thanos (although the chances of that are probably 3/10) Double the strength Supes 7/10.

ultimatethor
Originally posted by h1a8
IMHO, Thanos is nowhere near Superman physically. Neither do I think these are either: Thor, WM Thor, and WM Thor with power gem (the gem does nothing). Thanos has great agility, good reflexes, moderate super strength (most likely less than Thor), and decent physical blunt durability (not great though). For these reasons (especially the agility and reflexes) Thanos is able to seemingly embarrass others physically.

Big misconception

1. X is just as strong as Y since he was shown to go toe to toe in a fight against Y.

This is faulty because it assumes that one cannot be hurt by less strength than their own. It is also faulty because it assumes that since X has the ability to knock Y away then X's strength is in the vicinity (or much greater) of Y's. This totally ignores the comparative strength of the attacker vs. the weight of the foe.

First of all for you to assume that normal superman is stronger than evn a normal thor in WM( no gem) who is ten times stronger than normal thor is just plain foolish. It is tantamount to admitting that superman is more than ten times stronger than thor laughing

Now on to the next thing your example. Using thanos as X and thor as Y. Indeed X going toe toe with Y does not mean that X is just as strong as Y. However if X is able to take hits from Y when Y has a weapon and is not holding back( in this case thanos taking hits from mjolnir from thor in warrior madness with power gem ) without any substantial damge speaks volumes of character Xs durability. In addition if Character X is further able to physically hurt character Y evn after taking hits from him then (depending on the durability of character Y)
though it canoot be concluded that X is as strong as Y it can be concluded after having weighed the two characters durabilty and strength lvl that X is in the physical range of Y. Considering that this version of thor is at least ten times( and that is when not adding the powergemm) more durable than the regular version of thor this is indeed an impressive feat. Now to relate it to a given character W( superman) for Character Y to be able to take hits from X who is many times stronger than character W evn with Ws strength doubled then it can also be concluded dat Y can take hits from W without any substantial damage either.

In far more simple words doubling supermans strength does not give him the advantage that many are assuming because thanos has taken far greater and still come out on top. Really this fight is no different from a normal supes thanos fight which ends in thanos winning 9/10 due to his far far far superior powerset and mind. Thanos could always go silver surfer and drain or transmute supes enrgy plus the option of mental attacks or simply blasting him into oblivion.

Bentley
Thanos drains the sun's energy and rapes Supes.

Also Thanos has lots of durability and while he is in no way stronger than Supes he is as resistant or more. WM Thor with the gem was one-shotting people all around, just like Odin, just like Tyrant, all those enemies that Thanos has gone against toe to toe. People just underestimate ugly butt.

Kid Kurdy
Originally posted by Bentley
People just underestimate ugly butt.
Yeah, true. Thanos is so underrated on KMC forums... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Bentley
Fine Thanos also has some fanboys, but they certainly don't help the character as they don't bring in debating or reason into the mix.

Now Wonder woman, thats a really underrated character!

Aster Phoenix
bump

Lord S
What a retarded thread.

What is double strength going to do? Are they having an arm-wrestling contest?

AlmightyKfish
Thanos still wins.

Supes' durability is not being amped here.

Thanos kills him with punches (ala Silver Surfer)

Badabing
We have enough active Thanos/Supes threads.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.