Who's The Greatest Solider Ever.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thadarknite84
Big Boss (in his prime, during the time of Operation Snake Eater)

The Punisher

Nick Fury

Deathstroke

Solid Snake

Null (Aka Grey Fox, Cyborg Ninja)

Captain America (without the SSS or his shield)

Crossbones

Everyone has 24 hours of prep time

Only hand guns, explosives, and combat knives are permitted

Battle takes place in the jungle

Who will win?

psycho gundam
cap without anything, c'mon.

Kento
Cap without the SSS is just a scrawny kid isn't he? So I'll take Deathstroke though I would like to say Solid Snake.

Endrict Nuul
Cap with ease.

Soljer
Originally posted by Kento
Cap without the SSS is just a scrawny kid isn't he? So I'll take Deathstroke though I would like to say Solid Snake.

Cap's lost the SSS more than once; he never simply reverted to a scrawny kid.

But even if he did; he defines 'Greatest Soldier.'

Lord Feron
Um is this a joke, Solid Snake in the jungle? Lol everyone else better run for the hills with the exception of maybe Big Boss.

golem370
Vlad the Impaler

Kento
Originally posted by Soljer

But even if he did; he defines 'Greatest Soldier.' Oops my mistake then. I thought he meant Cap before he got the SSS. Then yea I'd probably go with Captain America then.

Etrigan
Snake or Cap.

grey fox
Big Boss

psycho gundam
captain america before the neutering

Ha-Son
Originally posted by grey fox
Big Boss

Sam Z
None of the above. Title is misleading

Grinning Goku
Originally posted by thadarknite84
Big Boss (in his prime, during the time of Operation Snake Eater)

The Punisher

Nick Fury

Deathstroke

Solid Snake

Null (Aka Grey Fox, Cyborg Ninja)

Captain America (without the SSS or his shield)

Crossbones

Everyone has 24 hours of prep time

Only hand guns, explosives, and combat knives are permitted

Battle takes place in the jungle

Who will win?

Why would you take away Cap's enhancements and not Slade's?

horrorwolf
Guile from Street Fighter 2

shifty

thadarknite84
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Why would you take away Cap's enhancements and not Slade's?

Captain America is still peak human but w/o the SSS so he does not have limitless stamina in this fight. I think that it would be very unfair, for Cap to have that advantage.

King_Mungi
No mention of Sgt. Rock?

Mindset
Nick Fury

Sado22
regular human beings will always be better than enhanced losers.
Frank Castle and Solid Snake for the win.

TricksterPriest
.................Snake is a eugenenically engineered clone of Big Boss that was altered with genome therapy. erm

Mr. Slippyfist
Master Chief...

shifty

Sado22
i meant big boss. my bad, loser mad

Sam Z
Your very immature.

Kutulu
WTF where is Rambo in all this?

jrodslam
Fury or Punisher.

Daredevil1
Captain America is still peak human but w/o the SSS so he does not have limitless stamina in this fight. I think that it would be very unfair, for Cap to have that advantage.

Actually no without the "SSS" Cap is not the next step of human evolution.

redhotrash
My write in would be Zealot from the Wild CATS, shes been fighting in wars as a hobby for hundreds of years.

Bentley
Deatstroke's enchantments are nastier than the SSS.

Sado22
i was JOKING with TP since we both go way back in the game versus thread. we've been at each others throat since back then and i'm just joking about the past. you don't get the joke.....too bad.
what are you trying to prove after coming to this side of KMC after several months and passing judgements, sam? if i remember correct, you're the same guy who was calling cloud an idiot in similar situation: you showed up way later, didn't know what was going on and started calling him a fanboy. only he wasn't and was joking with me.

and in case you were wondering, my overly enthusiastic "hellos" were also jokes. you're like a teenager who takes himself way too seriously.
grow up, sam erm

~Sado

Sam Z
thumb down

Sado22
what i was wondering my self. John Rambo and Snake Pliskin for the win.

thadarknite84
Originally posted by Sado22
what i was wondering my self. John Rambo and Snake Pliskin for the win.

Now I know that's a joke

iceman24567
Slade destroys them all...He is immortal class 10+ strength, super reflexes and super smart his attributes makes him beat things guys it's not even fair.

Juntai
Cloud Strife shifty

Mr. Slippyfist
Saiyans... shifty

Juntai
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist
Saiyans... shifty Nice one..

How about Sgt Rock?
Or Sgt Slaughter?

Mr. Slippyfist
SS... droolio

Or Bush... shifty

Sado22
pervaiz musharaf shifty

thadarknite84
Originally posted by iceman24567
Slade destroys them all...He is immortal class 10+ strength, super reflexes and super smart his attributes makes him beat things guys it's not even fair.

So you think that he's better than Null or Solid Snake? I don't think so.

Dark-Jaxx
Big Boss dealt with a being who has ridiculous durability and punches harder than a rocket, and shoots lightning and shit.

Either him or his "son".

Symmetric Chaos
RhadamanthNemes

Dark-Jaxx
Wait a minute...WTF is a solider?

llagrok
G.I Jose big grin

Mr. Slippyfist
Kratos... shifty

CaptainStoic
Originally posted by Soljer

But even if he did; he defines 'Greatest Soldier.'

thumb up

Dark-Jaxx
John Shepard wins.

iceman24567
So you think that he's better than Null or Solid Snake? I don't think so. Yes? Snake takes on people who are barely super human Slade takes on the Justice League and The Teen Titans.

thadarknite84
Yes? Snake takes on people who are barely super human Slade takes on the Justice League and The Teen Titans.

So Vulcan Raven, Cyborg Ninja, and Vamp are not at the superhuman level? MGS is my game, don't go there unless you know what you are talking, and you don't.

Dark-Jaxx
Big Boss took on Volgin, who in terms of power was ridiculous.

Kento
Vamp Vamp? When did Snake take on Vamp? confused I don't remember this.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by Kento
Vamp? When did Snake take on Vamp? confused I don't remember this. He didn't.

thadarknite84
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
He didn't.

You are right, he didn't. but my point was that these are the kind of peoples Sake has to deal with. I mean, come on. There is not too much of a difference between the Ninja and Vamp.

Dark-Jaxx
Other than Vamp is immortal, right?

To be completely honest, both Big Boss and Snake won their fights due to a jobber aura surpassing the greats like Link and Liu Kang.

iceman24567
So Vulcan Raven, Cyborg Ninja, and Vamp are not at the superhuman level? MGS is my game, don't go there unless you know what you are talking, and you don't. I played most of the games i know exactly what im talking about i just beat Sons of Liberty again last month how do these guys compare to people like Kid Flash, Raven, Wondergirl , Green Lantern Kyle and Firestar? They don't like i said they are barely super human it seems you know nothing.

thadarknite84
Yes? Snake takes on people who are barely super human Slade takes on the Justice League and The Teen Titans.

So you bring up the JLA huh. Well unlike some members who need there powers in the league because without them. They would get their ass handed to them by some members like Batman. Everyone on either Fox HOUND, Dead Cell, or the Cobra Unit are the best of the best in all areas of their profession. And that also means h2H fighting as well. And they don't need their abilities, because they would still be a problem.

Dark-Jaxx
No, Captain America is barely superhuman, you named powerful characters, that isn't fair.

And Slade has been beaten by the team of Batman, Robin, and Nightwing. Three humans. Real strong humans, but humans. People who Volgin would solo.

Big Boss ftw.

iceman24567
So you bring up the JLA huh. Well unlike some members who need there powers in the league because without them. They would get their ass handed to them by some members like Batman. Everyone on either Fox HOUND, Dead Cell, or the Cobra Unit are the best of the best in all areas of their profession. And that also means h2H fighting as well. And they don't need their abilities, because they would still be a problem. What does that mean exactly? The point is Slade takes on super powered beings who can punch buildings down or can out run lighting. Snake takes on mechs with rpg rounds. Hand to Hand Slade would destroy anybody here with prep he probably would too. Snake is cool and all but Slade is much more.

iceman24567
No, Captain America is barely superhuman, you named powerful characters, that isn't fair.

And Slade has been beaten by the team of Batman, Robin, and Nightwing. Three humans. Real strong humans, but humans. People who Volgin would solo.

Big Boss ftw. So you don't smell jobbing? Superman has lost to Batman whats your point? All characters at their best would still lose to Slade.

Dark-Jaxx
Yeah, I know they job to him, but my fanboyism does not allow me to see reason. stick out tongue

thadarknite84
Other than Vamp is immortal, right?

To be completely honest, both Big Boss and Snake won their fights due to a jobber aura surpassing the greats like Link and Liu Kang.

Jobber aura? Really you'll have to do better than that. All you did is make an excuse for why they overcome instead of giving credit when it's due. It's because of pure skill. It's the same for most superheros out there with no superpowers. That's story, you act like it didn't happen or I could say the same thing about almost every comic book. Like way do the good guy always win, right? So you really have no point at all, I'm sorry to say so but that's the case. Originally posted by iceman24567
I played most of the games i know exactly what im talking about i just beat Sons of Liberty again last month how do these guys compare to people like Kid Flash, Raven, Wondergirl , Green Lantern Kyle and Firestar? They don't like i said they are barely super human it seems you know nothing.

I've beat all of them more than 8 times each, what's your point? If you want to bet to see who knows more about the MGS series you'll lose.

Dark-Jaxx
Snake beats who he does due to PIS, to advance the plot.

There is no way Big Boss should have beaten Fear, End, Pain, Fury, or Volgin.

iceman24567
Jobber aura? Really you'll have to do better than that. All you did is make an excuse for why they overcome instead of giving credit when it's due. It's because of pure skill. It's the same for most superheros out there with no superpowers. That's story, you act like it didn't happen or I could say the same thing about almost every comic book. Like way do the good guy always win, right? So you really have no point at all, I'm sorry to say so but that's the case.

I've beat all of them more than 8 times each, what's your point? If you want to bet to see who knows more about the MGS series you'll lose. Who cares the subject of the thread was who would win in a fight not how much you want to want Metal Gear. Slade wins goodnight.

thadarknite84
Who cares the subject of the thread was who would win in a fight not how much you want to want Metal Gear. Slade wins goodnight.

Goodnight as Snake is standing over him.

iceman24567
Jobber aura? Really you'll have to do better than that. All you did is make an excuse for why they overcome instead of giving credit when it's due. It's because of pure skill. It's the same for most superheros out there with no superpowers. That's story, you act like it didn't happen or I could say the same thing about almost every comic book. Like way do the good guy always win, right? So you really have no point at all, I'm sorry to say so but that's the case.

I've beat all of them more than 8 times each, what's your point? If you want to bet to see who knows more about the MGS series you'll lose. My point was i know enough about Metal Gear to proof my points you claimed that i knew nothing about and i proved you wrong goodnight have funny with your miss-conceptions.

thadarknite84
No you have no point and the Ninja, Vamp, or even The Boss are far better than Slade.

thadarknite84
Snake beats who he does due to PIS, to advance the plot.

There is no way Big Boss should have beaten Fear, End, Pain, Fury, or Volgin.

Your forgetting that Naked Snake was trained by The Boss who is far above all those people you just named and N.Snake defeated her in combat, so why should he not be able to defeat the rest of them. He is known as the greatest living solider of the 20th century for a reason. That is why they cloned him, right? Liquid, Solidus, Solid are all really just a new better version of Big Boss. Everything they are is credited to him.

thadarknite84
My point was i know enough about Metal Gear to proof my points you claimed that i knew nothing about and i proved you wrong goodnight have funny with your miss-conceptions.

Slade is nothing compared to the Ninja. Not only did he stop a 50 foot tall Metal Gear from stepping on Snake. With his back turned, the Ninja turned around and cut a bullet in half that was already fired from Snake's gun. He can also deflect rapid fire from automatic weapons with a blade with extraordinary speed and accuracy. And he was able to do this even before he had cybernetic enhancements.

Dark-Jaxx
The Boss is not above Volgin.

thadarknite84
The Boss is not above Volgin.

huh

What are you talking about? She already put him down in less than three moves with ease and took away his gun at the same time. And when Volgin accused her of helping Snake, she was insulted by his accusations and Volgin backed off. And when did you ever see Volgin boss her around. He knew better than that. The Boss known and feared by the Russians. To the world she is a legendm Mother of the US Special Forces. And Created the Cabra unit, leading them and the alinessies to victory in WW 1 & 2. Her cobat skills are extraordinary. She and N.Snake created CQC. She toss Snake off a bridge with one arm with no problem. If Volgin and the Patriots didn't set her up. She would have completed the mission her self

thadarknite84
My bad about the spelling, but you should get the point and if not, well I guest I can't help you. And anyway I think in this battle that Big Boss or Cap could take it.

Dark-Jaxx
huh

What are you talking about? She already put him down in less than three moves with ease and took away his gun at the same time. And when Volgin accused her of helping Snake, she was insulted by his accusations and Volgin backed off. And when did you ever see Volgin boss her around. He knew better than that. The Boss known and feared by the Russians. To the world she is a legendm Mother of the US Special Forces. And Created the Cabra unit, leading them and the alinessies to victory in WW 1 & 2. Her cobat skills are extraordinary. She and N.Snake created CQC. She toss Snake off a bridge with one arm with no problem. If Volgin and the Patriots didn't set her up. She would have completed the mission her self She took him down. I can get a scan of Batman doing the same to Wonderwoman. But notice how he was completely uninjured by it. When has Volgin ordered Boss? How about when he ordered her to cut out Snake's eyes? He respected her, and viewed her as a valuable asset to the unit, he did not fear her. CQC is BASIC H2H combat, nothing special.

thadarknite84
She took him down. I can get a scan of Batman doing the same to Wonderwoman. But notice how he was completely uninjured by it. When has Volgin ordered Boss? How about when he ordered her to cut out Snake's eyes? He respected her, and viewed her as a valuable asset to the unit, he did not fear her. CQC is BASIC H2H combat, nothing special.

You act like you know what you are talking about and you don't. And Volgin doesn't fear her? So why did he back down when she stepped to him, after he accused her of helping Snake. And when he was put down by The Boss. He got up and did nothing about it. It's funny that if it were someone else he would've acted differently. But not to The Boss... I wonder why. All he said is "I see why they call you The Boss". And he can't even defeat Snake in h2h, what makes you think he could defeat The Boss. She was known as the greatest solider in the world. And the only reason Snake is so good is because she trained him. And CQC in the hands of either her or N.Snake is a problem. You really can't tell me nothing about the MGS series.

Dark-Jaxx
You act like you know what you are talking about and you don't. And Volgin doesn't fear her? So why did he back down when she stepped to him, after he accused her of helping Snake. And when he was put down by The Boss. He got up and did nothing about it. It's funny that if it were someone else he would've acted differently. But not to The Boss... I wonder why. All he said is "I see why they call you The Boss". And he can't even defeat Snake in h2h, what makes you think he could defeat The Boss. She was known as the greatest solider in the world. And the only reason Snake is so good is because she trained him. And CQC in the hands of either her or N.Snake is a problem. You really can't tell me nothing about the MGS series. Like I said, he respects her and views her as a powerful asset. He backed up and gestured her to stop, then gave her an order, which she was going to oblige. Put down by Boss? He was uninjured, and simply got up, and proceeded to beat the living shit out of Snake. Snake was a more pressing matter than Boss was. Can't beat Snake in H2H? Yeah, due to PIS, you can't deny that shit, Volgin literally punches harder than an RPG rocket, has durability far surpassing anyone else in MGS, has a constant charge of 10,000,000 volts of electricity running through his body, and can use it with versatility. Snake on the other hand, is a normal human with CQC skills. Wow, I can see why it is completely logical for Snake to beat him. Oh, and Snake endgame>Boss. You don't know near as much aboust MGS as you would like to believe.

thadarknite84
Like I said, he respects her and views her as a powerful asset. He backed up and gestured her to stop, then gave her an order, which she was going to oblige. Put down by Boss? He was uninjured, and simply got up, and proceeded to beat the living shit out of Snake. Snake was a more pressing matter than Boss was. Can't beat Snake in H2H? Yeah, due to PIS, you can't deny that shit, Volgin literally punches harder than an RPG rocket, has durability far surpassing anyone else in MGS, has a constant charge of 10,000,000 volts of electricity running through his body, and can use it with versatility. Snake on the other hand, is a normal human with CQC skills. Wow, I can see why it is completely logical for Snake to beat him. Oh, and Snake endgame>Boss. You don't know near as much aboust MGS as you would like to believe.

He punchs harder because he put bullets between his Knuckles that explode on impact. And I know MGS inside and out. Please don't make me make you look bad. And Volgin didn't tell her to stop, all he did is give a reason for why he thinks that she helped him. You don't really know your facts do you?

thadarknite84
And Snake is more than a man with CQC skills. By you saying that only proves that you can't even begin to know and understand MGS. You're making your self look bad.

Dark-Jaxx
He punchs harder because he put bullets between his Knuckles that explode on impact. And I know MGS inside and out. Please don't make me make you look bad. And Volgin didn't tell her to stop, all he did is give a reason for why he thinks that she helped him. You don't really know your facts do you? He didn't have them on when he punched through the tank. Volgin put his hand in front of him, he gestured her to, and then gave her an order, which she complied with.

Snake has CQC skills, but he was a normal human in Snake Eater, he has soldier skills, but skills hardly compare to someone with superhuman strength, durability, stamina, and powers over electricity like Volgin.

thadarknite84
Wrong again. Volgin had electricity around his hands when he punch the tank and He doesn't have have superhuman strength, durability, and stamina. He has near superhuman strength, and you never see him lift anything over a ton, so where are you getting your information from? And having powers doesn't always put you ahead over someone with pure skill and will. Snake was trained by the best. He has extraordinary military skills in almost every area. Big Boss defeated Null (the man later known as Grey Fox) more than once. And Null would take Volgin out with ease.

thadarknite84
And another thing, with all that "superhuman strength and powers". Volgin couldn't even break N.Snake by making him give up information. And Big Boss only had one eye when he defeated him in h2h combat. Like I said, pure skill and will.

Dark-Jaxx
Wrong again. Volgin had electricity around his hands when he punch the tank and He doesn't have have superhuman strength, durability, and stamina. He has near superhuman strength, and you never see him lift anything over a ton, so where are you getting your information from? And having powers doesn't always put you ahead over someone with pure skill and will. Snake was trained by the best. He has extraordinary military skills in almost every area. Big Boss defeated Null (the man later known as Grey Fox) more than once. And Null would take Volgin out with ease. And electricity, is going to let him punch through a tank hull easier, how? He had the durability to get shot up by Snake, have the Shagohod explode while in it(not a big explosion, but still), get shot up by snake again, be struck by lightning and caught on fire, and finally died when all the sniper rounds wrapped around him went off and punctured his chest. Hell, it takes durability to even have 10,000,000 volts running through your body! He has the stamina, because a normal human would not be able to last that long with extreme conditions like that without giving into fatigue. Volgin would b!tch Null.

complexbrother
Rambo

thadarknite84
And electricity, is going to let him punch through a tank hull easier, how? He had the durability to get shot up by Snake, have the Shagohod explode while in it(not a big explosion, but still), get shot up by snake again, be struck by lightning and caught on fire, and finally died when all the sniper rounds wrapped around him went off and punctured his chest. Hell, it takes durability to even have 10,000,000 volts running through your body! He has the stamina, because a normal human would not be able to last that long with extreme conditions like that without giving into fatigue. Volgin would b!tch Null.

Liquid was in the MG when it exploded and a Hind D, does that means he has super durability, no. You don't understand Volgin's powers do you? Why would you need durability to have 10,000,000 volts running through his body? He is not hurt by his own electricity, that's his power, to channel and control. Lightning from the sky is from a different source all together. And what do you think would happen if lightning with force behind it, struck a wall? Would it not break? And Null would do Volgin in with no problem. You can keep trying and every point you try to make will get put down fast. You might do better talking to someone who has not played all of the MGS games.

iceman24567
I doubt big Boss or the Ninja can beat The Teen Titans and they are light weight compared to the Justice League.

thadarknite84
I doubt big Boss or the Ninja can beat The Teen Titans and they are light weight compared to the Justice League.

I think they can with enough prep.

Superherovandal
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
.................Snake is a eugenenically engineered clone of Big Boss that was altered with genome therapy. erm he got all the "recessive" genes. So he was supposed to be weaker. THough I have to say in genetic terms I have to say that's total bull. A dominant gene isn't always better for the creature. Some of the bad diseases are dominant genes. Dominant genes don't necessarily have better attributes than recessive genes all the time. Those geneticists must have had a rudimentary knowledge of genes if they thought that.

Pyron_Knight
A. If he was in those things when they exploded, yes it does mean he has super durability.
B. We don't know if he was. We never see him in the things exactly when they explode. Sadly, Liquid's big death-defying feats are all off-screen.

...he couldn't even lay a hand on Volgin....he couldn't even hurt Volgin if he tried.

Then stop debating yourself. Anyone who thinks The Boss can beat a serious Volgin doesn't know anything about Metal Gear Solid.

Pyron_Knight
Counting every feat Snake has in canon (TTS isn't canon) Snake IS nothing more than a man with CQC. He isn't superhumanly strong or durable or fast.

MGS is Kojima's game, son.
You're no better than the rest of us.

spidey-dude
best soldier ever is cable

Daredevil1

Actually without the SSS he loses his limitless stamina and his peak potential stats.

thadarknite84
Originally posted by Pyron_Knight
Counting every feat Snake has in canon (TTS isn't canon) Snake IS nothing more than a man with CQC. He isn't superhumanly strong or durable or fast.

MGS is Kojima's game, son.
You're no better than the rest of us.

Kojima crated MGS, yes. I mastered it, inside and out. Gray Fox would kill Volgin. You know nothing and you proved that by coming out of your mouth, saying that The Boss can't defeat Volgin. Are you f***ing crazy. The Boss gave Snake a more harder time than Volgin ever did. If he can't even take out Snake where the hell do you come up with the idea that he can defeat The Boss. That's like saying Saget can beat Ryu's master in combat. Why do you think Snake is so good in the first place?

jgiant
They all have advancements, the only true human is the punisher, and that makes him the ultimate badass in this. As for soldier, i might have to give it to Cap. since he is more like the personification of the greatest solider, punisher is a different kind of soldier, a soldier of the streets.

thadarknite84
Originally posted by jgiant
They all have advancements, the only true human is the punisher, and that makes him the ultimate badass in this. As for soldier, i might have to give it to Cap. since he is more like the personification of the greatest solider, punisher is a different kind of soldier, a soldier of the streets.

Hot sig.

Pyron_Knight
Interesting. A man with a metal exoskeleton against a guy who controls 10,000,000 volts of electricity....
This could only end well for the moving conductor. big grin

Because..you know, she can't.
She's not as strong or as durable.
The guy took a lightning bolt without even falling down.....she died from a single gunshot wound.
Hell, Volgin has a bullet hole in his forehead in the final battle and is still ready to fight.

Excuse me....when Snake left his first match with Volgin, he was running doubled-over in pain the entire time. Even after he escaped the hangar.
He showed no signs of pain after his fight with The Boss.
Also, he defeated the Boss one-on-one with just a gun an dknife. He had an RPG-7 on his side against his second time with Volgin and STILL couldn't beat the Colonel.

And Snake never defeated Volgin...your point?

Skill.

tjcoady
The Unknown Soldier from Astro City.

Superherovandal
Then stop debating yourself. Anyone who thinks The Boss can beat a serious Volgin doesn't know anything about Metal Gear Solid. considering that when he questioned her and she got kinda angry and came in his general direction that he quickly moved away from her in a fearful sort of way kinda implies that he thought Boss would kill him.

Pyron_Knight
He didn't want to upset her. She's a legend and a huge trump card in his schemes.
Fact is, we saw what The Boss can do. It doesn't even approach the level of strength or durability Volgin possessed.

Superherovandal
We also know that it was her mission to lose to Snake. She knew she had to. And for basically most of the mission she was pwning Snake effortlessly. and suddenly she loses to him? Seems more likely she lost on purpose. and it seemed alot more like he was scared of her than what you are saying.

Pyron_Knight
Ugh...not this again.
Naked Snake or rather Big Boss, is established as the greatest soldier of the 20th Century. Fact.
He's defeated people stronger, faster and far more powerful than The Boss. Fact.
The Boss has perhaps slightly above human strength. Real humans, not comic book humans. She demonstrated no speed or durability to put her on the level of the people Big Boss and later Solid Snake would face.
Hell, MGS2 Raiden is more impressive than her. He not only defeated a bullet-dodger twice, he took on Solidus in sword combat. Solidus "I can deflect every bullet fired at me by a Vulcan cannon" Snake. But Raiden was too fast for him.

The Boss has skill and preactically nothing else going for her.

Superherovandal
Yet she was the Greatest Soldier of her time and even after He beat her Snake still didn't think he was as good as her. That probably means he thought she didn't fight with her all.

Superherovandal
Anywho getting back on topic i see either Big Boss, Cap, or Snake taking this.

Mindset
Deadpool shifty

spidey-dude
cable and cap

thadarknite84
Interesting. A man with a metal exoskeleton against a guy who controls 10,000,000 volts of electricity....
This could only end well for the moving conductor. big grin

Because..you know, she can't.
She's not as strong or as durable.
The guy took a lightning bolt without even falling down.....she died from a single gunshot wound.
Hell, Volgin has a bullet hole in his forehead in the final battle and is still ready to fight.

Excuse me....when Snake left his first match with Volgin, he was running doubled-over in pain the entire time. Even after he escaped the hangar.
He showed no signs of pain after his fight with The Boss.
Also, he defeated the Boss one-on-one with just a gun an dknife. He had an RPG-7 on his side against his second time with Volgin and STILL couldn't beat the Colonel.

And Snake never defeated Volgin...your point?

Skill.

Do you even understand just how fast Gray Fox is ? Null doesn't have or need a exoskeleton for your statement to mean anything. Because even before he had the exoskeleton. Gray Fox was still too fast, too skilled, and he was considered the perfect soldier.

Ugh...not this again.
Naked Snake or rather Big Boss, is established as the greatest soldier of the 20th Century. Fact.
He's defeated people stronger, faster and far more powerful than The Boss. Fact.
The Boss has perhaps slightly above human strength. Real humans, not comic book humans. She demonstrated no speed or durability to put her on the level of the people Big Boss and later Solid Snake would face.
Hell, MGS2 Raiden is more impressive than her. He not only defeated a bullet-dodger twice, he took on Solidus in sword combat. Solidus "I can deflect every bullet fired at me by a Vulcan cannon" Snake. But Raiden was too fast for him.

The Boss has skill and preactically nothing else going for her.

Yes again with your non sense. The Boss is the true perfect soldier. every member on her Cobra Unit is on par with members of the FOX Unit, FOX HOUND, and Dead Cell. And The Boss was still the best of them (with no powers). And Snake is not just good because of skill. It's because he was train by The Boss. And you say that N. Sake never defeated Volgin. So in the take hanger where Volgin and Snake engaged each other in h2h combat, Snake didn't beat him? Who was calling for help in that fight? Not Snake that's for sure. If it wasn't for The Boss, N. Snake wouldn't be man he is. It's the same reason why Solid, Solidus, and Liquid are so good. Their skills are credited to Big Boss, who learned everything from The Boss. Anybody Solid Snake took on, The Boss would defeat. And Raiden is not as good as she is. The Fear is just as fast as Vamp. Do think The Fear would defeat The Boss? No. Gene is also as fast as Vamp, and he is good because he has The Boss's gens in him. Gene too, would lose to The Boss. And when Snake defeated her, she was passing the torch to him. It was her mission to give her life for her country. If she wanted to. N. Snake would've been dead long ago. As I said before. Make sure you know what you are talking about before you say something to me about MGS.

jgiant
Hot sig. Thank you good sir, Pittman is definatley my favorite sigmaker. Yours is pretty badass as well.

Pyron_Knight
And that's why both Snake and Gene beat him?
Null's only weapon was a knife - a metal instrument. He tries to stab Volgin and is electrocuted to death.

I'd really like to see The Pain vs. Vulcan Raven...he and his hornets be annihilated in seconds.
Ocelot by MGS1 is a good enough shot to kill The Fear no problem.
Pscyo Mantis can kill ay of them save The Sorrow.
Liquid might lose to The Boss.

I don't see what being smart has to do with losing.
The evil mastermind, instead of engaging in an honor-duel or some complex, over-elaborate scheme of doom for the hero, just commands his troops to shoot the hero.
Smart if you ask me.

We don't even know if Solidus knew his father at all and Solid had already surpassed BB when he was still a rookie.

She'd lose to Cyborg Fox. She'd lose to Mantis. She might even lose to Liquid.

LOLOLOLOLOOL
4TEg32t30yA

That's Vamp being fired on directly by a Navy SEAL with an automatic weapon and he's able to avoid every single round just by twirling.
Show me the Fear moving at this speed.

Um, why wouldn't he?

And Solidus could've killed Raiden long before too...but he didn't.
It doesn't matter what culd've. What happened was THe Boss got killed by Naked Snake because he is a better soldier.

Milkie
Deathstroke

thadarknite84
And that's why both Snake and Gene beat him?
Null's only weapon was a knife - a metal instrument. He tries to stab Volgin and is electrocuted to death.

I'd really like to see The Pain vs. Vulcan Raven...he and his hornets be annihilated in seconds.
Ocelot by MGS1 is a good enough shot to kill The Fear no problem.
Pscyo Mantis can kill ay of them save The Sorrow.
Liquid might lose to The Boss.

I don't see what being smart has to do with losing.
The evil mastermind, instead of engaging in an honor-duel or some complex, over-elaborate scheme of doom for the hero, just commands his troops to shoot the hero.
Smart if you ask me.

We don't even know if Solidus knew his father at all and Solid had already surpassed BB when he was still a rookie.

She'd lose to Cyborg Fox. She'd lose to Mantis. She might even lose to Liquid.

LOLOLOLOLOOL
4TEg32t30yA

That's Vamp being fired on directly by a Navy SEAL with an automatic weapon and he's able to avoid every single round just by twirling.
Show me the Fear moving at this speed.

Um, why wouldn't he?

And Solidus could've killed Raiden long before too...but he didn't.
It doesn't matter what culd've. What happened was THe Boss got killed by Naked Snake because he is a better soldier.

Snake surpassed a BB that was already in his late 50s. Smart? Try a coward instead. Volgin is only tough when somebody is chained up. Snake took everything Volgin had to give and said nothing. Why? Because The Boss trained him not to break. And The Boss would not lose to Cyborg Ninja, Mantis, or Liquid. She is way too skilled. She was supposed to lose to snake or her mission would've been considered a failure by the US. She was not permitted to come back alive either way. She had to die. And N. Snake doesn't feel that he surpassed The Boss neither, he said that in MGPO. So your wrong in thinking that BB is better. You don't understand why The Boss is the best. You talk about Vamp's speed. How do you think Raiden was able beat him then. Nothing is absolute, and power can't always trump Skill. Snake or The Boss can do the same thing also. The Boss, Solid Snake, and BB all have no powers. Only exceptional skills. If you understood MGS. You would know that skill>>>>>powers all the time. And don't wast your time posting videos of MG2 or any MGS game. You can't imagine how many times I've seen them through playing the games.

Pyron_Knight
..this matters?
Ocelot is at his prime in MGS1 and 2. He's old as shit.

No, a coward would have killed Snake with his back turned. Volgin fought Snake and then just decided it be smarter to shoot him.
Smart.

Snake wasn't chained up when Volgin punched him out for impersonating Raikov. Volgin did all that with ease too.

Because he can resist torture?

Why do you fanboys think The Boss is PC Karate Kid or Batman?
She knows a few moves...that DOES NOT mean she can beat people leageus stronger and faster than her.
Cyborg Fox can dodge around shots from an autocannon and hold up MG REX'S leg.
The Boss has NOTHING on that level of power and her pitiful "BASIC" (as she herself said) skills won't save her.

And the area was going to be bombed...so she was gonna die either way.
Fail.

Symbolic hero worship for his mentor.

Maybe because she's not. Not even close.

As Vamp said, Raiden's muscles were different so he couldn't predict his moves.

Not like THe Boss could take PSG-1 rounds to the forehead and come back anyway.....

Skill >>>> powers in the MGSverse. Not versus debates on here.

I don't give a shit how skilled you are. If you hit with basic human strength you are not killing someone who survives RPG-7 rounds hitting them.

thadarknite84
..this matters?
Ocelot is at his prime in MGS1 and 2. He's old as shit.

No, a coward would have killed Snake with his back turned. Volgin fought Snake and then just decided it be smarter to shoot him.
Smart.

Snake wasn't chained up when Volgin punched him out for impersonating Raikov. Volgin did all that with ease too.

Because he can resist torture?

Why do you fanboys think The Boss is PC Karate Kid or Batman?
She knows a few moves...that DOES NOT mean she can beat people leageus stronger and faster than her.
Cyborg Fox can dodge around shots from an autocannon and hold up MG REX'S leg.
The Boss has NOTHING on that level of power and her pitiful "BASIC" (as she herself said) skills won't save her.

And the area was going to be bombed...so she was gonna die either way.
Fail.

Symbolic hero worship for his mentor.

Maybe because she's not. Not even close.

As Vamp said, Raiden's muscles were different so he couldn't predict his moves.

Not like THe Boss could take PSG-1 rounds to the forehead and come back anyway.....

Skill >>>> powers in the MGSverse. Not versus debates on here.

I don't give a shit how skilled you are. If you hit with basic human strength you are not killing someone who survives RPG-7 rounds hitting them.

Snake didn't fight back because he thought The Boss would join in and help Volgin. In their second fight Volgin ordered Ocelot to shoot Snake because he was losing and he's a coward. Because a real man would've pulled the trigger himself. And their second battle take a lot away from anything Volgin did to Snake earlier. And you only seen The Boss use a few move because she didn't have to do much to get the job done. That's what CQC is all about. Thank for this comment "And the area was going to be bombed...so she was gonna die either way. Fail". Thank you. You've only prove my point that her mission was to give her life in order to stop the cold war from becoming a hot one. Snake was supposed to kill her while Ocelot (ADAM) got the real microfilm containing the data of the Philosopher's Legacy. He was supervising The Boss's mission. And BB being in his late 50s matters a lot. Solid would have no chance against a younger BB. And you're wrong about your comment "Skill >>>> powers in the MGSverse. Not versus debates on here" and that's because of characters like Batman, who prove that skill>>>>>Powers. Yes Raiden is difficult for Vamp to predict. But that doesn't mean the Snake or The Boss couldn't beat Vamp. If Snake can fight against the Ninja he can take on Vamp so can the Boss. She is a lot better than Raiden. Try a little harder next time.

Pyron_Knight
The Boss was getting ready to leave and did leave shortly after Volgin began pummeling Snake.

I don't believe he had a gun on him at this point.

So she had absolutely no reason to hold back because she was gonna die and serve her purpose either way.

Says who? He's beaten people stronger and tougher than Big Boss.

I didn't realize A>B>C logic was allowed here.
Nevermind it's not even that simple since there's no proof The Boss is on par with Solid Snake.
Snake has the feats to show he's superior to The Boss. Feats like destroying multiple Metal Gears, taking down a HIND-D that destroyed two F-16s and more. The Boss? She used some basic hand-to-hand combat.

thadarknite84
The Boss was getting ready to leave and did leave shortly after Volgin began pummeling Snake.

I don't believe he had a gun on him at this point.

So she had absolutely no reason to hold back because she was gonna die and serve her purpose either way.

Says who? He's beaten people stronger and tougher than Big Boss.

I didn't realize A>B>C logic was allowed here.
Nevermind it's not even that simple since there's no proof The Boss is on par with Solid Snake.
Snake has the feats to show he's superior to The Boss. Feats like destroying multiple Metal Gears, taking down a HIND-D that destroyed two F-16s and more. The Boss? She used some basic hand-to-hand combat.

The Boss is the reason the USA and it's allies won WW1&2. She gave birth to the US Special Forces. She is a legend. And logically Snake would not defeat BB in his prime. In MGS3 BB has gone through more punishment than Solid has ever faced before and comes out on top. Everything that Snake is, he gets it from BB. Snake is BB, just younger basically. You really show disrespect to BB by even thinking that Snake would defeat him if he is in his prime. Do you understand just who the**** BB is? And BB is a creation of The Boss in a way. BB knows better than me, you, or anyone that he wasn't better than The Boss. To think that Solid Snake is beyond The Boss is a joke.

Troop
Rogue Trooper.

Superherovandal
The Boss is the reason the USA and it's allies won WW1&2. She gave birth to the US Special Forces. She is a legend. And logically Snake would not defeat BB in his prime. In MGS3 BB has gone through more punishment than Solid has ever faced before and comes out on top. Everything that Snake is, he gets it from BB. Snake is BB, just younger basically. You really show disrespect to BB by even thinking that Snake would defeat him if he is in his prime. Do you understand just who the**** BB is? And BB is a creation of The Boss in a way. BB knows better than me, you, or anyone that he wasn't better than The Boss. To think that Solid Snake is beyond The Boss is a joke. I think that Big Boss eventually does surpass The Boss. Just not in MGS3. Probably after defeating Gene and the Fox unit.

thadarknite84
Originally posted by Superherovandal
I think that Big Boss eventually does surpass The Boss. Just not in MGS3. Probably after defeating Gene and the Fox unit.

Maybe. If anything, he had a better understanding of what he wanted in life.

Superherovandal
Snake surpassed a BB that was already in his late 50s. Smart? Try a coward instead. Volgin is only tough when somebody is chained up. Snake took everything Volgin had to give and said nothing. Why? Because The Boss trained him not to break. And The Boss would not lose to Cyborg Ninja, Mantis, or Liquid. She is way too skilled. She was supposed to lose to snake or her mission would've been considered a failure by the US. She was not permitted to come back alive either way. She had to die. And N. Snake doesn't feel that he surpassed The Boss neither, he said that in MGPO. So your wrong in thinking that BB is better. You don't understand why The Boss is the best. You talk about Vamp's speed. How do you think Raiden was able beat him then. Nothing is absolute, and power can't always trump Skill. Snake or The Boss can do the same thing also. The Boss, Solid Snake, and BB all have no powers. Only exceptional skills. If you understood MGS. You would know that skill>>>>>powers all the time. And don't wast your time posting videos of MG2 or any MGS game. You can't imagine how many times I've seen them through playing the games. when Snake first beat BB he was a rookie so it wasn't exactly a fair fight for him either. he was facing the greatest soldier as a rookie.

thadarknite84
Originally posted by Superherovandal
when Snake first beat BB he was a rookie so it wasn't exactly a fair fight for him either. he was facing the greatest soldier as a rookie.

you're forgetting that he was in no different position than BB was in when he took on the "Virtuous Mission" and "Operation Snake Eater". That was BB's first jungle infiltration mission without any weapons or food. And the odd were always against him. The difference is that Solid Snake faced less hardship than BB and he had more help.

carnage52
snake grey fox or boss

ScarletSpeed
The best "SOLIDER" is Solid Snake...cause he is the only one you can relate the word SOLIDER to,

now the best SOLDIER is Grey Foxsmile

Marvelknight
Originally posted by ScarletSpeed
The best "SOLIDER" is Solid Snake...cause he is the only one you can relate the word SOLIDER to,

now the best SOLDIER is Grey Foxsmile

You would put him over BB as well?

Apolloknight
Boss.

End of story.

Marvelknight
Originally posted by Apolloknight
Boss.

End of story.

Agreed.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.