Blue Beetle vs....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Soljer
Who, in your opinion, would be a good match for an 'unleashed' Blue Beetle (Jamie Reyes)?

Thus far, he holds back almost all of the Scarab's powers, but claimed that, when dealing with the Spectre, that the Scarab was relaying him planet-busting options or some such.

At another point, it was claimed that a standard infiltrator could take on Jamie and a Green Lantern without much problem.

So, to those fans who've read Blue Beetle ( a pretty good run, one I'd recommend to anyone who hasn't yet read it), where'd you place him?

Sam Z
Is it still going?

Soljer
Originally posted by Sam Z
Is it still going?

Blue Beetle? Yeah. Issue 25 just came out this past week, I believe.

Sam Z
Thanks.

DestinyGuy678
well it was revealed kid devil managed to kill him, but based on kid devlis current feats I wouldnt put them on the same level

TricksterPriest
Originally posted by Soljer
Who, in your opinion, would be a good match for an 'unleashed' Blue Beetle (Jamie Reyes)?

Thus far, he holds back almost all of the Scarab's powers, but claimed that, when dealing with the Spectre, that the Scarab was relaying him planet-busting options or some such.

At another point, it was claimed that a standard infiltrator could take on Jamie and a Green Lantern without much problem.

So, to those fans who've read Blue Beetle ( a pretty good run, one I'd recommend to anyone who hasn't yet read it), where'd you place him?

To be honest, it's really hard to tell how good the Scarab armor is. We know it's potentially GL level or equivalent, but AFAIK, it hasn't really demonstrated that it can beat a ring for a majority.

I'd go low herald for now.

CaptainStoic
I think Darkhawk would be a good match for him.

Deathstroke
I was just wondering the same thing the other day. I'll have to think about it a bit.

golem370
Iron Lad- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iron_Lad or Guardian- http://en.marveldatabase.com/James_Hudson_%28Earth-616%29

Soljer
I, personally, could see him getting the better of Current Iron Man. And as others have mentioned, an unleashed infiltrator is supposed to be Lantern level or higher....

So....

Bump.

Symmetric Chaos
ExtremisIronMan is probably the perfect match.

A fight between Jamie and AdamStrange would be pretty cool too.

SevenShackles
Kang.

Deathstroke
I was thinking current Iron Man would be a pretty good match also.

Sam Z
Blue Beetle? Yeah. Issue 25 just came out this past week, I believe. Was awesome.

But IM should be a good match.

Superherovandal
I really doubt that BB could take any of the human GL's for a loop.

Juntai
Blue Beetle is awesome. He needs a respect thread.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Juntai

someone just pm'ed me about making one..heh!

Deathstroke
I second this.

*looks at Mungi*

King_Mungi
*looks in the mirror*

****!

DestinyGuy678
I like the ironlad match up, but if blue beelte truely has a eapon that can take out the spectre - ironman cant do much

HE might be one of the strongest child heroes in marvel/dc comics..still dont get how id devil kills him

Symmetric Chaos
Originally posted by DestinyGuy678
I like the ironlad match up, but if blue beelte truely has a eapon that can take out the spectre - ironman cant do much

The options would have taken out the city they were in. The Scarab was just getting desperate.

HE might be one of the strongest child heroes in marvel/dc comics..still dont get how id devil kills him

Huh?

Superherovandal
I doubt highly BB could actually do anything to the Spectre. It probably just was trying to think of ways it could possibly effect Spectre.

DestinyGuy678
I said he might be one of the strongest child heroes, in teen titans though it's revealed he is killed by an adult kid devil

Deathstroke
Originally posted by Superherovandal
I doubt highly BB could actually do anything to the Spectre. It probably just was trying to think of ways it could possibly effect Spectre.
Yeah, the anti-magic bubble didn't seem to work too well when he tried it.

DestinyGuy678
Originally posted by Deathstroke
Yeah, the anti-magic bubble didn't seem to work too well when he tried it. he has an anti-magic bubble!...but the spectre isnt magic is he?

Symmetric Chaos
Yeah, he is.

But the Scarab's idea of anti-magic is energy disruption/control so it wouldn't matter if he was especially magical.

DestinyGuy678
I always thought the spectre was a spiritual entity rather than a magical one, anyway

what about him vs. x-23 or gentle (or all of the new x-men)

Juntai
Originally posted by King_Mungi
someone just pm'ed me about making one..heh! You got all the issues?

King_Mungi
You got all the issues?

Yes

Juntai
Yes Sweet, he's done some really impressive things. Hell in one issue, he even took on Lonar of the New Gods. Who if you go back to issue 3 of the 89 series of NEW GODS, was considered among the best fighters of the New Gods.

Not to mention the way he handled the future Bart from the Titans of Tomorrow.

I've collected it all as well, and Jaime is easily one of the best characters to come out in the last several years.

King_Mungi
I have a few apperances he made in Teen Titans, had a few good showings there

Juntai
I have a few apperances he made in Teen Titans, had a few good showings there Yah, like the Lobo issue, and the one I mentioned about Bart. I believe I have all of his appearances.
He was also in an issue of Brave and the Bold with Batman.

DestinyGuy678
Yah, like the Lobo issue, and the one I mentioned about Bart. I believe I have all of his appearances.
He was also in an issue of Brave and the Bold with Batman.

...so is he getting a respect thread or not?

Galan007
Blue Beetle = droolio.

As for this thread,
Going all out -- I see Jaime around Lantern level, personally.

DestinyGuy678
would jakeem thunder make a good match up against the blue beetle?

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/5000/4893/139575-jakeem-thunder_400.jpg

Symmetric Chaos
lulz

Soljer
would jakeem thunder make a good match up against the blue beetle?

http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/5000/4893/139575-jakeem-thunder_400.jpg
Absolutely not.

Either Jamie would eviscerate him before he ever got to say the word, or the Thunderbolt would blink Reyes out of existence.

There's no middle ground.

DestinyGuy678
Absolutely not.

Either Jamie would eviscerate him before he ever got to say the word, or the Thunderbolt would blink Reyes out of existence.

There's no middle ground. ok I Have a question about that character though

I Have one issue and it says that his power is limited or something by the new laws of magic, do you know what those are?

Soljer
ok I Have a question about that character though

I Have one issue and it says that his power is limited or something by the new laws of magic, do you know what those are?

Where is the issue in question? The Thunderbolt is an imp, is it not? It shouldn't fail prey to laws of magic; imps do not use magic.

DestinyGuy678
Where is the issue in question? The Thunderbolt is an imp, is it not? It shouldn't fail prey to laws of magic; imps do not use magic. oh...but in the issue Jakeem is stressed ou tafter he witneses many people left homeless after some sort of catastophy. Alan Scott tells him that they cant be everywhere and help everyone, but jakeem doesnt by that so he goes on this whole tour of granting eveyrones wishes and giving them everything they want, soon people get t obe spoiled and rather than be grateful beocme angry when he refuses to grant a few trivial requests (such as getting them tv's)

then the mob attacks him and he is saved by alan scott when he tells the people that there is a crisis they need to see to. alan then goes on to lecture jakeem telling him that the new world of magic affected how supernaural energy workd in the world

it created a balance (after he used thunderbolt to create 32 homes for homeless people, somewhere else in the world 32 homes were destroyed)

I wanted to know if you new anything about this "new age of magic"

the issue is called JLA Classified #28 featuring Jakeem Thunder and The Thunderbolt

DestinyGuy678
despite that it could be a god fight between the two if blue beetle truely does have nough power to vaporize the spectre he could take on thunderbolt especially since his power is now apparently limited

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.