I'm so tired of movie-to-game adaptions.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
Honestly, they always suck. I don't understand why everytime a new comic book film (for example) comes out, they HAVE to make an extremely shitty game based off of the new film.

Just seems like a true waste when they do this.

Kazenji
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Honestly, they always suck.

No they don't when they're done right.

@st
The only ones I have seen done right in recent years are Chronicles of Riddick and Spider-Man 2, and Batman Begins was enjoyable to me.

Outbound
A lot of them are simply rushed in production so that they can be released around the same time as the movie. Its all marketing related to take our money.

Ridley_Prime
Honestly, they always suck. I don't understand why everytime a new comic book film (for example) comes out, they HAVE to make an extremely shitty game based off of the new film.

Yeah... and most don't even follow the exact same storyline as the movies either erm, and vice-versa.

Dark-Jaxx
The Spiderman and Spiderman 2 games were fun.

The Hulk one...it sucked and quite frankly didn't make sense...it had nothing to do with the movie...

@st
Originally posted by Outbound
A lot of them are simply rushed in production so that they can be released around the same time as the movie. Its all marketing related to take our money.

Superman Returns was delayed 6 months, and its one of the worst. stick out tongue

Outbound
Originally posted by @st
Superman Returns was delayed 6 months, and its one of the worst. stick out tongue

That was to be expected, Superman games suck mhm

They only make these shit games cause all the parents will go buy it for their kids and cash in on the popularity of the franchise instead of the quality of the game.

Blax_Hydralisk
Originally posted by @st

imo the game wasn't that bad...

Well it sucked arse, but the flying in that game was soooo fun. The longer you flied the faster you got, and it would show. It was so cool how you could break the sound barrier when you flew.

Kazenji

Ummm no your wrong there. there is one good one 'Death and the return of superman' for the snes/genesis

as for good movie games

-Lord of the rings games (excluding fellowship of the ring)
-King Kong
-Star Wars: Episode 3
-Judge Dredd for the snes/genesis

Ridley_Prime
Originally posted by Kazenji
as for good movie games

Now that one I liked (unlike most of the other Star Wars movie-games). Although the multiplayer wasn't much, I enjoyed playing it with my cousin. The single player was pretty good too, even if it got a little repetitive (though it was lame how every death scene involved impaling in the chest, even with Dooku).

Also... big grin

cKm7B_If7EQ

@st
Haha, yes that part was coool. stick out tongue

Blax_Hydralisk
as for good movie games

-King Kong

These were both good, yeah. I've spent at least 100 hours playing Two Towers game and Return of the King with various friends.

ragesRemorse
Ummm no your wrong there. there is one good one 'Death and the return of superman' for the snes/genesis

as for good movie games

-King Kong
-Judge Dredd for the snes/genesis

I would agree with those, especially king kong. I would also add the super star wars games for SNES, some of the most fun star wars games made

alien 3
james bond; Golden eye
james bond; Everything or nothing
Star wars; episode 1
The Warriors--damn fine game
Fast and the furios arcade

for the most part, i have to agree with the jury when it comes to movie games. When i hear about a new movie game. I expect nothing and actually go out of my way to avoid them. I have been burned time after time by giving in and devoting time to movie games. 9 times out 10 they are utter garbage. Superman returns further gives me reason to avoid movie games. A monster budget and a decent design team resulted in trash...TRASH. If a great movie game wasnt going to happen with everything that Superman returns had going for it. There is not much hope for others.

First_Tsurugi06
I enjoyed the LotR games (especially the third one), as well as Spiderman 2. Now if The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction counts (which I doubt), then I'd like to bring up that one as well.

Kazenji
The thing is also another good one even tho its more of a sequal.

MadMel
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
I enjoyed the LotR games (especially the third one), as well as Spiderman 2. Now if The Incredible Hulk: Ultimate Destruction counts (which I doubt), then I'd like to bring up that one as well.
hulk - UD wasnt based off the movie, so it doesnt count erm

Kapton JAC

Most suck, some are decent, and don't get me started on the Harry Potter Games. mad

SnakeEyes
No they don't when they're done right.

Fair enough, but my point is they are so rarely made right these days.

Originally posted by @st
The only ones I have seen done right in recent years are Chronicles of Riddick and Spider-Man 2, and Batman Begins was enjoyable to me.

I've heard Riddick was good; never played it myself.

boobsmagee
yea harry potter games, chronicles of narnia, spiderwick chronicles
so many darn movies today get games, and they come out like one day after the movie is released, half the time nothing has to do with the storyline, though i basically don't play anything other than css, tf2, and some extremely rare halo 3

most new adventure movies, and kids movies get a game
i can't think of any of the top of my head, but i know there were like six movies, where i saw a game commercial and was like wtf

sorta like if you saw that they were making a video game for the movie how to lose a guy in 30 days...that kinda suprising LOL

ragesRemorse
The thing is also another good one even tho its more of a sequal.

i forgot about the thing. I enjoyed that game a lot. Aside from a few control and story issues, that was a near great game

DarkC
GoldenEye 007 was good, King Kong for the 360 was pretty intense too.

Blax_Hydralisk
Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay was awesome.

@st
Indeed, I cant wait for the remake thats coming out, whenever the hell that is.

Kapton JAC
Originally posted by boobsmagee
so many darn movies today get games, and they come out like one day after the movie is released, half the time nothing has to do with the storyline, though i basically don't play anything other than css, tf2, and some extremely rare halo 3

i can't think of any of the top of my head, but i know there were like six movies, where i saw a game commercial and was like wtf

sorta like if you saw that they were making a video game for the movie how to lose a guy in 30 days...that kinda suprising LOL

many come out a week BEFORE the movie is released. It's just a way to make money of a crappy game. I mean c'mon The Davinci code got a game! What kind of game-play could that possibly have?

Originally posted by DarkC
GoldenEye 007 was good, King Kong for the 360 was pretty intense too.

Yes, those were both good games. I played King Kong before the Movie came out, but I wanted a game to play on my 360.

Emma718
Originally posted by boobsmagee

i'm not a fan of movie to game console games, but i am curious to know if the new Chronicles Of Narnia: Prince Caspian game is any good? is it worth buying?

ahah i have harry potter: chamber of secrets for gamecube -_-
it was so damn easy..and pretty boring as well.

ESB -1138
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
If a great movie game wasnt going to happen with everything that Superman returns had going for it. There is not much hope for others.

What did it have going for it? Superman Returns sucked balls as a movie. It was boring beyond reason. Geez...where is Doomsday or Darkseid or Bizzaro Superman? Throw in an actual villain instead of Lex. Seriously it was too slow.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by ESB -1138
What did it have going for it? Superman Returns sucked balls as a movie. It was boring beyond reason. Geez...where is Doomsday or Darkseid or Bizzaro Superman? Throw in an actual villain instead of Lex. Seriously it was too slow. Whoa whoa now, don't be dissing Lex man. mad

Although Darkseid would be the shit in a movie.

Slay
What about Superman Returns? That was released months after the movie came out, and it still sucked. Let's see your logic explain that!

Kazenji
Only thing the game had going for it was the flying apart from that craptastic shitfest.

Kazenji
From the looks of things the Toy Story 3 game is actually good.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by Hazardous

They only make these shit games cause all the parents will go buy it for their kids and cash in on the popularity of the franchise instead of the quality of the game.

Goes hand-in-hand with Superman in general, frankly. So it's more than just to be expected--it's a given, no matter the medium.

NemeBro
From the looks of things the Toy Story 3 game is actually good. Well Toy Story is so epically awesome that for the game to be shit would create some kind of time shattering paradox.

Although I actually played the Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the rescue game, and it was very surprisingly good, the Toy Story 3 game is supposed to be a kind of sequel.

Ridley_Prime
Same here. The 1st Toy Story game (which I played on SNES) was also incredible for its time.

First_Tsurugi06
Originally posted by NemeBro
Well Toy Story is so epically awesome that for the game to be shit would create some kind of time shattering paradox.

Although I actually played the Toy Story 2: Buzz Lightyear to the rescue game, and it was very surprisingly good, the Toy Story 3 game is supposed to be a kind of sequel.

Do you mean the one on the N64?

NemeBro
Originally posted by First_Tsurugi06
Do you mean the one on the N64? I played it for PS1 actually.

Kazenji
Marvel needs to tell Sega to **** off and give the Iron Man games to someone else.

Scythe
that M-rated Wolverine game was pretty neat.

Ridley_Prime
Played the demo and it was all right admittedly, but not something I would actually buy.

Scythe
I thought I got it for a bargain, I payed two dollars for it, and it has so much gore. Worthy of utilizing Wolverine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.