The Sentry vs Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptainStoic
Ok Gladiator just got finished talking to Tony Robbins, and is incredibly confident about what he can do. Could Gladiator beat The Sentry?

Who wins?

guy222
Sentry

joesha28
Glads..Sentry is nothing much at the moment

carver9
Good fight, undecided.

tkitna
Sentry

comicfan11
If Glads can keep his confidence at a high level (stupidest weakness ever) he can take it plus he is by bounds and leaps a better fighter.
If otherwise Sentry for a very slight majority.

kakuzu
Originally posted by joesha28
Glads..Sentry is nothing much at the moment Thank you saying that. Sentry is nothing compared to Glads either way though. He doesn't stand a chance really since he has never taken on anybody this level of power. He would loose. It so funny how some one would put Sentry but have nothing to back it up..............

Metalmanx
Gladiator, for the win.

emporerpants
glads 6/10.

quanchi112
Originally posted by kakuzu
Thank you saying that. Sentry is nothing compared to Glads either way though. He doesn't stand a chance really since he has never taken on anybody this level of power. He would loose. It so funny how some one would put Sentry but have nothing to back it up.............. Really? A weaker Hulk pounded Glads into submission while the strongest Hulk yet burned out against Sentry.

Sentry >Glads.

kgkg
Gladiator wins

quanchi112
Originally posted by kgkg
Gladiator wins Based on what?

kgkg
Originally posted by quanchi112
Based on what? feats

Endrict Nuul
Based on what?

Feats

kakuzu
Really? A weaker Hulk pounded Glads into submission while the strongest Hulk yet burned out against Sentry.

Sentry >Glads. I'm not sure whether you actually read the comic but Hulk was pounding on a weak Gladiator that had already been exposed to radiation that made him weak and was already in a fight before. Its just like Superman being exposed to Green k to the point where Batman can hurt him. Plus Sentry lost to banner. He didn't even loose to Hulk. He didn't even give Hulk that much of a fight compared to Strange. So yeah please tell me how Sentry wins this?

By the way that wasn't the strongest Hulk. I think we've had this convo before. The strongest Hulk has celestial technology built into him and could lift and entire pyramind.

Brutacus
I'm not sure whether you actually read the comic but Hulk was pounding on a weak Gladiator that had already been exposed to radiation that made him weak and was already in a fight before. Its just like Superman being exposed to Green k to the point where Batman can hurt him. Plus Sentry lost to banner. He didn't even loose to Hulk. He didn't even give Hulk that much of a fight compared to Strange. So yeah please tell me how Sentry wins this?

By the way that wasn't the strongest Hulk. I think we've had this convo before. The strongest Hulk has celestial technology built into him and could lift and entire pyramind.

Not sure who would, but euh lifting a pyramid or keep a planet to gether now what's a better feat.
So WWh was the strongest version.

kakuzu
Originally posted by Brutacus
Not sure who would, but euh lifting a pyramid or keep a planet to gether now what's a better feat.
So WWh was the strongest version. Did he even keep the planet together? I don't remember the scale being that big. Either way though Gladiator has destroyed planets with on three blows. Sentry hasn't even showed anything to destroying and island. Hulk just hasn't showed that yet. He is known for lifting 150 billion tons which he didn't even lift half of due to just the small portion and help from others. Besides that Gladiator has fought Tyrant and Ego the living planet. Sentry and Hulk combined couldn't do that.

iceman24567
Gladz wins Quanchi is insane.

quanchi112
feats Which ones?Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Feats Which ones? I dont care which one of you answers me as long as one of you does.Originally posted by kakuzu
I'm not sure whether you actually read the comic but Hulk was pounding on a weak Gladiator that had already been exposed to radiation that made him weak and was already in a fight before. Its just like Superman being exposed to Green k to the point where Batman can hurt him. Plus Sentry lost to banner. He didn't even loose to Hulk. He didn't even give Hulk that much of a fight compared to Strange. So yeah please tell me how Sentry wins this?

By the way that wasn't the strongest Hulk. I think we've had this convo before. The strongest Hulk has celestial technology built into him and could lift and entire pyramind. Care to post scans of this?

WW Hulk would beat the Gladiator senseless,but that wasnt the case with Sentry. Sentry took him head on and both of them burned themselves out.Originally posted by kakuzu
Did he even keep the planet together? I don't remember the scale being that big. Either way though Gladiator has destroyed planets with on three blows. Sentry hasn't even showed anything to destroying and island. Hulk just hasn't showed that yet. He is known for lifting 150 billion tons which he didn't even lift half of due to just the small portion and help from others. Besides that Gladiator has fought Tyrant and Ego the living planet. Sentry and Hulk combined couldn't do that. So,because Gladiator has destroyed a planet that means he wins this fight. So,I guess Terrax defeats Sentry as well based on that laughable logic. Nah,you see Sentry raped a planet destroyer with ease. So,try again because collateral damage doesnt make a convincing argument at all.

quanchi112
Originally posted by iceman24567
Gladz wins Quanchi is insane. Because I say Sentry wins? Really? Why dont you tell me what you are basing your decision off of.

kgkg
Which ones? His respect thread should have the scans

kakuzu
Which ones? Which ones? I dont care which one of you answers me as long as one of you does. Care to post scans of this?

WW Hulk would beat the Gladiator senseless,but that wasnt the case with Sentry. Sentry took him head on and both of them burned themselves out. So,because Gladiator has destroyed a planet that means he wins this fight. So,I guess Terrax defeats Sentry as well based on that laughable logic. Nah,you see Sentry raped a planet destroyer with ease. So,try again because collateral damage doesnt make a convincing argument at all.

Which ones? Gladiator knocks WW to the core of the earth. Gladiator has been seen to move so fast so many times the list goes on. He does this to Human Torch, WW, Cannonball, and Thing. If you really want me to post scans I will. But it will only make your loss all the more worse in this situation.

See if Hulk were so strong after so many years of being in comics he would have destroyed one planet. If Sentry where so strong he wouldn't have just level the entire city it would have lasted more then five minutes. Please reread the fight. Sentry was getting pwned. He was bruised up worse then any other hero that had even fought Hulk. At least Gladiator managed to deliver a blow with his eyes alone that went all the way to Hulks hearts. Sentry couldn't even give Hulk one cut. Gladiator in his weakened state did more damage to Hulk Speed freak did more damage to Hulk then Sentry did. He's a human addicted to drugs.

If you looked back, Thanos beat him with ease as well to. So Sentry didn't even do a good job. Every one says he broke the axe. NO Sentry broke the handle which I could have broken. Sentry didn't even do a good job with Terrax. In a real fight with a real threat like SS, or Gladiator he Terrax would have gotten demolished. Sentry didnt' even demonstrate the power to destroy a building in that fight. He simply grabbed the handle so what??

Last time I checked Glaidator raped a planet?? This planet had enough power to make Galactus run away being scared he might die. Sentry couldn't even beat galactus.

So can you show me one feat that Says Sentry beats Gladiator? One that doesn't show Hulk cheap shotting Glads then beating on him while he was weak? If not then you already loose the argument. Thats the only feat every one turns to.

kakuzu
If you really think Sentry wins please show a feat one feat that shows he wins. Don't say because he beat a Hulk. Alot of people have beaten Hulk. Strange has so I guess that means you think Strange pwns Sentry right? Show one feat and give one logical reason.

Endrict Nuul
Gladz wins Quanchi is insane.
Hes not insane. Hes just not ready for the real world yet, give it a few more years and than, I am sure he will be fine.

kakuzu
Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Hes not insane. Hes just not ready for the real world yet, give it a few more years and then, I am sure he will be fine.

lol.

quanchi112
His respect thread should have the scans I have seen the scans.Originally posted by Endrict Nuul
Hes not insane. Hes just not ready for the real world yet, give it a few more years and than, I am sure he will be fine. Yeah,Im pretty sane for thinking Sentry beats Glads. Trust me brah.

quanchi112
Which ones? Gladiator knocks WW to the core of the earth. Gladiator has been seen to move so fast so many times the list goes on. He does this to Human Torch, WW, Cannonball, and Thing. If you really want me to post scans I will. But it will only make your loss all the more worse in this situation.

See if Hulk were so strong after so many years of being in comics he would have destroyed one planet. If Sentry where so strong he wouldn't have just level the entire city it would have lasted more then five minutes. Please reread the fight. Sentry was getting pwned. He was bruised up worse then any other hero that had even fought Hulk. At least Gladiator managed to deliver a blow with his eyes alone that went all the way to Hulks hearts. Sentry couldn't even give Hulk one cut. Gladiator in his weakened state did more damage to Hulk Speed freak did more damage to Hulk then Sentry did. He's a human addicted to drugs.

If you looked back, Thanos beat him with ease as well to. So Sentry didn't even do a good job. Every one says he broke the axe. NO Sentry broke the handle which I could have broken. Sentry didn't even do a good job with Terrax. In a real fight with a real threat like SS, or Gladiator he Terrax would have gotten demolished. Sentry didnt' even demonstrate the power to destroy a building in that fight. He simply grabbed the handle so what??

Last time I checked Glaidator raped a planet?? This planet had enough power to make Galactus run away being scared he might die. Sentry couldn't even beat galactus.

So can you show me one feat that Says Sentry beats Gladiator? One that doesn't show Hulk cheap shotting Glads then beating on him while he was weak? If not then you already loose the argument. Thats the only feat every one turns to. Collateral damage doesnt mean anything. Terrax has destroyed a planet on panel while Sentry destroyed him on panel. smile

Hulk dragged Glads beaten body into the radiation. He dominated Gladiator. This was a much weaker Hulk than the WW Hulk by far.

Sentry burned out the WW Hulk which is pretty impressive. Glads was outright bitchslapped.

Again most of your post is rambling without a point to it. Colateral damage is a pretty weak argument imo.

Red Hulk
Collateral damage doesnt mean anything. Terrax has destroyed a planet on panel while Sentry destroyed him on panel. smile

Ya but Terrax only really has one way to destroy a planet, and he didn't use it against Sentry.

If Sentry was hit with Terrax's same attack, then it would be a basis IMO.

He's got nothing really except that one attack.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Red Hulk
Ya but Terrax only really has one way to destroy a planet, and he didn't use it against Sentry.

If Sentry was hit with Terrax's same attack, then it would be a basis IMO.

He's got nothing really except that one attack. He still has the power within him to destroy a planet. Sentry humbled him in a way that assured Terrax he had no chance. Impressive me thinks.

Red Hulk
He still has the power within him to destroy a planet. Sentry humbled him in a way that assured Terrax he had no chance. Impressive me thinks. The power he used to destroy a planet was with his axe head... IE, not what was used against Sentry.

It was stopped from being used of course, but we don't know what Terrax's 'planet destroying' attack would have done because of that.

quanchi112
The power he used to destroy a planet was with his axe head... IE, not what was used against Sentry.

It was stopped from being used of course, but we don't know what Terrax's 'planet destroying' attack would have done because of that. Regardless, Terrax knows what he is capable of and he didnt want any of sentry after their brief encounter. To punk Terrax like that is really impressive. wink

Avlon
That's not even valid proof.

Does that make Guardian more powerful than a galaxy destroyer?
Xorn more powerful than a star destroyer?
Superman and Surfer more powerful than a watcher or kismet?

Thing must be above Glads as well. lol
Iron Man and Sentry must be peers now. Tony beat both Sentry and Terrax...

Red Hulk
Regardless, Terrax knows what he is capable of and he didnt want any of sentry after their brief encounter. To punk Terrax like that is really impressive. wink Because he didn't have an axe, and had broken hands. no expression

quanchi112
Originally posted by Avlon
That's not even valid proof.

Does that make Guardian more powerful than a galaxy destroyer?
Xorn more powerful than a star destroyer?
Superman and Surfer more powerful than a watcher or kismet?

Thing must be above Glads as well. lol
Iron Man and Sentry must be peers now. Tony beat both Sentry and Terrax... What is it that you are disputing here.

Sentry>>Terrax. Terrax has the power to destroy planets. Sentry has the power to destroy Terrax....easily.

quanchi112
Because he didn't have an axe, and had broken hands. no expression So,you are saying that is wasnt impressive? erm

Cavalier
Collateral damage doesnt mean anything. Terrax has destroyed a planet on panel while Sentry destroyed him on panel. smile
This is what it's supposed to sound like when we mock ABC logic.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Cavalier
This is what it's supposed to sound like when we mock ABC logic. Who wins this fight?

Avlon
What is it that you are disputing here.

Sentry>>Terrax. Terrax has the power to destroy planets. Sentry has the power to destroy Terrax....easily.

So in that case Iron Man >>>Sentry & Terrax since he's beaten both.

Iron man must now be above planet destroying and have more power than a million suns.

Going by your logic of course.

quanchi112

Iron man must now be above planet destroying and have more power than a million suns.

Going by your logic of course. No,I never said that. I said that just because a character has destroyed a planet that doesnt mean they are more powerful than someone who hasnt on panel. Sentry is greater than Terrax which is true,regardless of Terrax destroying a planet.

Cavalier
Who wins this fight? Who cares?

Probably Gladiator.

Red Hulk
So,you are saying that is wasnt impressive? erm no expression

I never said it wasn't impressive, I said it wasn't as impressive as it would have been if we saw Sentry stand against Terrax's planet destroying powa.

Avlon
No,I never said that. I said that just because a character has destroyed a planet that doesnt mean they are more powerful than someone who hasnt on panel. Sentry is greater than Terrax which is true,regardless of Terrax destroying a planet.

Which goes against the logic that you've been using this entire thread. laughing out loud

What do you think Red Hulk has been trying to tell you?

quanchi112
no expression

I never said it wasn't impressive, I said it wasn't as impressive as it would have been if we saw Sentry stand against Terrax's planet destroying powa. Have you ever seen Terrax back down like that ever before?

Which goes against the logic that you've been using this entire thread. laughing out loud

What do you think Red Hulk has been trying to tell you? He is trying to downplay the feat and act like the result would have been different had Terrax destroyed the planet(he couldnt because they were on earth,but he doesn seem to catch on anyways). Like I have always said collateral daamge makes for a pretty shitty argument imo.

Red Hulk
Have you ever seen Terrax back down like that ever before?

He is trying to downplay the feat and act like the result would have been different had Terrax destroyed the planet(he couldnt because they were on earth,but he doesn seem to catch on anyways). Like I have always said collateral daamge makes for a pretty shitty argument imo. Ugh.

Are you serious with the second part? I don't care about the planet being destroyed, if Terrax would have hit him with the axe head, it would have been a planet destroying attack regardless of what happened to the planet... but he didn't, so it isn't a comparison of what Sentry did to a planet destroyer.

I can't... my mind is too feeble for this.

quanchi112
Ugh. Again,have you?

Do you think Terrax could defeat Sentry if he was in planet destroying mode?

Red Hulk
Again,have you?

Do you think Terrax could defeat Sentry if he was in planet destroying mode? Jesus...

He couldn't do anything anymore... he had no choice but to back down.

Let me spell it out for you:

Sentry didn't take the type of attack that destroyed a planet. If Terrax would have hit him with the axe, we would have found out if Sentry can take that type of power, but we didn't, so we don't know.

Simply put, Terrax can never beat Sentry, but we don't know what Terrax's ultimate attack can do to Sentry either (as everytime it happens, Sentry will likely stop it before it can happen).

quanchi112
Jesus...

He couldn't do anything anymore... he had no choice but to back down.

Let me spell it out for you:

Sentry didn't take the type of attack that destroyed a planet. If Terrax would have hit him with the axe, we would have found out if Sentry can take that type of power, but we didn't, so we don't know.

Simply put, Terrax can never beat Sentry, but we don't know what Terrax's ultimate attack can do to Sentry either (as everytime it happens, Sentry will likely stop it before it can happen). Uhm Ravenous took Surfer's planet destroying attack and was defeated but was fine. Suggesting that Sentry couldnt take this planet busting attack from someone such as Terrax is laughable imo. Ravnous took it and wasnt even close to death. Sentry punked Terrax in a way that was very impressive. He could have survived this planet busting attack imo.

To spell it out for you no one will ever destroy earth like some nameless planet in the 616 verse. Its common sense.

Cavalier
Uhm Ravenous took Surfer's planet destroying attack and was defeated but was fine. Suggesting that Sentry couldnt take this planet busting attack from someone such as Terrax is laughable imo. Ravnous took it and wasnt even close to death. Sentry punked Terrax in a way that was very impressive. He could have survived this planet busting attack imo. So, are you saying that because Terrax backed down, Sentry could have taken the attack?

Or is this two separate thoughts in your endless Sentry wank?

quanchi112
So, are you saying that because Terrax backed down, Sentry could have taken the attack?

Or is this two separate thoughts in your endless Sentry wank? Sentry could have taken the attack just like Ravenous survived a planet destroying attack.

Terrax knew he had no chance against Sentry. There was also no way for him to destroy the planet since they were on earth.

Cavalier
Sentry could have taken the attack just like Ravenous survived a planet destroying attack.

Terrax knew he had no chance against Sentry. There was also no way for him to destroy the planet since they were on earth. You never answered my question.

quanchi112
You never answered my question. Im saying common sense would lead me to believe that in this humbling Sentry showed Terrax that he couldnt beat him. Terrax doesnt back down that often if ever so since he does this leads me to believe he knew he couldnt beat him.

Im also saying that surviving a planet destroying attack isnt that big of a deal anyways.

Red Hulk
Uhm Ravenous took Surfer's planet destroying attack and was defeated but was fine. Suggesting that Sentry couldnt take this planet busting attack from someone such as Terrax is laughable imo. Ravnous took it and wasnt even close to death. Sentry punked Terrax in a way that was very impressive. He could have survived this planet busting attack imo.

To spell it out for you no one will ever destroy earth like some nameless planet in the 616 verse. Its common sense. Huh?

Anyway, so I'm glad we got it settled that Sentry never took the planet destroying attack. And besides, Terrax's attack wasn't just a conventional attack, it was caused by slicing through it. And comparing Ravenous to Sentry with no basis behind it doesn't change that Terrax's was different.

What does that have to do with anything? You don't have to destroy a planet to focus a planet destroying attack in one direction, unless it's focused towards the planet...

Avlon
Im saying common sense would lead me to believe that in this humbling Sentry showed Terrax that he couldnt beat him. Terrax doesnt back down that often if ever so since he does this leads me to believe he knew he couldnt beat him.

Im also saying that surviving a planet destroying attack isnt that big of a deal anyways.

Which goes back to this:

Going by your logic of course.

tkitna

First of all, its Wonderman, no WW. Second of all, are we suppossed to be impressed because he's done these things to the Torch, Wonderman, Cannonball, and the Thing? Cripes, the Thing cant even move Sentry with a punch let alone hurt him. The Torch and Cannonball? You've got to be kidding me. Simon i'll give a little credit to. He should last 3 or 4 panels with Bob.

Look at this post. I expected nothing less from you. You are the one that needs to go back and reread the comic. Explain to me why Sentry stood there taking shots from the strongest Hulk ever. Of course he was bruised up, but at least he got them with a smile.

Ah yes, it must be a horrible feat now that Thanos beat him too. Dumbest post i've read so far.

I was to quick to judge. This is the dumbest post ever. Hey everybody, Kakazuu can break Terraxs axe handle. Just thought i'd shout that out in case anybody missed it.

Sentry didnt have to do a good job, Terrax took off with his tail tucked between his legs. He knew he was whipped.

So Gladiator can beat galactus now?

Can you show me one feat that puts Galdiator above Sentry? You almost have me convinced that Glads would win though as he's beaten major powerhouses like the Human Torch, Wonderman, Cannonball (didnt he have trouble there?), and the Thing. sad

tkitna
Werent Sentry and Genis hitting each other so hard that the sheer force was enough to destroy planets? Destroying a planet isnt that big of a deal to me when it comes to these characters. Not sure why its being brought up.

Cavalier
Im saying common sense would lead me to believe that in this humbling Sentry showed Terrax that he couldnt beat him. Terrax doesnt back down that often if ever so since he does this leads me to believe he knew he couldnt beat him.
I saw Superman catch Thor's hammer and Thor lost heart.

Have I ever seen Thor be shocked like that before?

No. So clearly, Superman could take the Godblast.

quanchi112
Huh?

Anyway, so I'm glad we got it settled that Sentry never took the planet destroying attack. And besides, Terrax's attack wasn't just a conventional attack, it was caused by slicing through it. And comparing Ravenous to Sentry with no basis behind it doesn't change that Terrax's was different.

What does that have to do with anything? You don't have to destroy a planet to focus a planet destroying attack in one direction, unless it's focused towards the planet... The point is that just because he didnt destroy a planet that doesnt mean that he could have defeated Sentry with that blast. Weaker characters than Sentry have survived planet destroying carnage. Seriously. Sentry is above Terrax. Your lack of an argument hurts.Originally posted by Avlon
Which goes back to this: My logic is sound while you yourself dont even seem to have an opinion on this. Big shocker.

I saw Superman catch Thor's hammer and Thor lost heart.

Have I ever seen Thor be shocked like that before?

No. So clearly, Superman could take the Godblast. Now you are comparing a planet destroying blast to the godblast. Really? I named another character who I believe is less durable thN Sentry survived one just fine.

Seriously,Do you think he couldnt survive it or that Terrax would have won due to this attack? Your logic fails.

Cavalier
Now you are comparing a planet destroying blast to the godblast. The fact that it's a godblast is completely irrelevant to the comparison.

The point is the faulty logic.

Do you just play dumb to dodge?

quanchi112
The fact that it's a godblast is completely irrelevant to the comparison.

The point is the faulty logic.

Do you just play dumb to dodge? I have already said that a planet blast wouldnt even beat him. Unless you disagree, I have proven my case and then some.

Brutacus
Did he even keep the planet together? I don't remember the scale being that big. Either way though Gladiator has destroyed planets with on three blows. Sentry hasn't even showed anything to destroying and island. Hulk just hasn't showed that yet. He is known for lifting 150 billion tons which he didn't even lift half of due to just the small portion and help from others. Besides that Gladiator has fought Tyrant and Ego the living planet. Sentry and Hulk combined couldn't do that.

Yes he did keep the planet together, it's been stated in the comic.
And same can be said about the planet glads destroyed how big was it???

The hulk destroyed a astroid 2 time's the size of earth.

Cavalier
I have already said that a planet blast wouldnt even beat him. Unless you disagree, I have proven my case and then some. You're still not actually responding to anything that I've said, instead just quoting me and posting something completely irrelevant.

Enyalus
I think a confident Gladiator would definitely best Sentry. Strength and speed wise, he'd be superior. And he always has H2H superiority on Bob.

quanchi112
You're still not actually responding to anything that I've said, instead just quoting me and posting something completely irrelevant. You are trying to twist what I said around when you yourself agree he could survive it.

Cavalier
You are trying to twist what I said around when you yourself agree he could survive it. Ignoring the fact that you're still dodging the point about your own shoddy logic...

Where did I agree he could survive it?

WhiteWitchKing
Gladiator for the win. Sentry is less experience and much slower than Gladiator, which will be his downfall.

stormultt
IM GONNA HAVE TO SAY SENTRY CUZ.....WEL HEY THERES NO REASON IF U KNOW WHO SENTRY IS HE WINS HANDS DOWN

quanchi112
Ignoring the fact that you're still dodging the point about your own shoddy logic...

Where did I agree he could survive it? My logic is sound. I dont use words like always and never. Cant you understand that?

You dont think he could survive it?

Cavalier
My logic is sound. I dont use words like always and never. Cant you understand that?

You dont think he could survive it? Your logic dictated that just because someone didn't use an attack meant that Sentry would survive it.

I don't have an opinion on whether he could survive it or not. Try not to force a separate debate on me.

Avlon
My logic is sound while you yourself dont even seem to have an opinion on this. Big shocker.

LOL...funny that you have to tell yourself that your logic is sound when nobody else has. smile

quanchi112
Your logic dictated that just because someone didn't use an attack meant that Sentry would survive it.

I don't have an opinion on whether he could survive it or not. Try not to force a separate debate on me. No,my logic stated that Terrax didnt seem to think he had any chance against him, meaning he knows what power he is capable of. He didnt even fight him,but instead he left when sentry told him to leave.

Well,he would survive it imo. You seem to not have an opinion which much of anything you engage me in.

quanchi112
LOL...funny that you have to tell yourself that your logic is sound when nobody else has. smile Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. stick out tongue

Cavalier
No,my logic stated that Terrax didnt seem to think he had any chance against him, meaning he knows what power he is capable of. He didnt even fight him,but instead he left when sentry told him to leave.
And what bearing does this have on whether Sentry could survive the planet busting attack or not?

Quan dodges again!!!!11!

Dark-Jaxx
No,my logic stated that Terrax didnt seem to think he had any chance against him, meaning he knows what power he is capable of. He didnt even fight him,but instead he left when sentry told him to leave.

Well,he would survive it imo. You seem to not have an opinion which much of anything you engage me in. Prove he would survive it please. smile

quanchi112
And what bearing does this have on whether Sentry could survive the planet busting attack or not?

Quan dodges again!!!!11! he would based on his history. Terrax didnt even try to fight him because he knew how inferior he was. Seriously. laughing out loud

quanchi112
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Prove he would survive it please. smile Ravenous has. He was fine as well. So,why wouldnt Sentry survive when he is more powerful than Ravenous.

Dark-Jaxx
Ravenous has. He was fine as well. So,why wouldnt Sentry survive when he is more powerful than Ravenous. Less durable maybe?

A>B>C logic fails and always will, Superman is more powerful than Juggernaut, but he is not as durable.

Cavalier
Ravenous has. He was fine as well. So,why wouldnt Sentry survive when he is more powerful than Ravenous. Proof that Sentry's more durable than Ravenous?

Avlon
Proof that Sentry's more durable than Ravenous?

He won't have any. It's sad that he's the only one that can't see how wrong he is.

His pride won't let him. smile

Cavalier
He won't have any. It's sad that he's the only one that can't see how wrong he is.

His pride won't let him. smile Obviously, if you're more powerful, you're more durable.

We all know that The Doctor is more durable than The General. Common sense, really.

Enyalus
Where is it established that Ravenous is weaker than Sentry? Have they fought recently and I missed it? Ravenous was the equal/near equal of pre-upgraded Silver Surfer, capable of wielding the exact opposite of the Power Cosmic. He's no joke.

kakuzu
Yeah once you have thee power cosmic on the level of Surfer you should be automatically counted stronger then Sentry.

Red Hulk
The point is that just because he didnt destroy a planet that doesnt mean that he could have defeated Sentry with that blast. Weaker characters than Sentry have survived planet destroying carnage. Seriously. Sentry is above Terrax. Your lack of an argument hurts. Wow... you really don't even know what I'm saying even when I spell it out numerous times. no expression

kakuzu
Terrax is weak anyway. Sentry beating him shouldn't be so famous. What doesn't he lift like 75 tons? The only reason why Terrax could destroy a planet was because he controls rock anyway.

kgkg
Terrax is weak anyway. Sentry beating him shouldn't be so famous. What doesn't he lift like 75 tons? The only reason why Terrax could destroy a planet was because he controls rock anyway. This is not completely true but Terrax is a big Jobber far from weak though. Sentry beating him was a good showing not good enough to give him more wins over gladiator.

Stoic
This is not completely true but Terrax is a big Jobber far from weak though. Sentry beating him was a good showing not good enough to give him more wins over gladiator.

But Gladiator is a loose canon, I don't think he would have had as good of a showing against Genis Vell, or the Mutant Collective.... food for thought? What about King Hulk, he conceivably would have beat Kalark into dust.

carver9
Just a heads up terrax is extremely powerful. He has defeated surfer more then once, defeated morg and took his axe from him, almost killed the entire fantastic four untiil reed thought of a plan. Soloed ego the planet. Sentry defeating terrax as easily as he did is VERY impressive and should have him above the top tier bracket. Especially his showing against the collective and genis.

iceman24567
Yeah Gladz would stomp out Sentry 7/10.

carver9
Yeah Gladz would stomp out Sentry 7/10.

I never gave a winner because honestly I think that both is above top tier. Glads have feats alone that put him above every top tier (not sky father etc..) that I have seen on the forum. If well written and written by his powerset glads has the ability to mimic pre crisis supes feats.

fangirl101
Originally posted by carver9
I never gave a winner because honestly I think that both is above top tier. Glads have feats alone that put him above every top tier (not sky father etc..) that I have seen on the forum. If well written and written by his powerset glads has the ability to mimic pre crisis supes feats.
So glads can sneeze away a star system and tow a GALAXY worth of planets? He can fly so fast that he can travel multiple universes in a span of seconds in a game of tag with PC SG?
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT.

iceman24567
Originally posted by carver9
I never gave a winner because honestly I think that both is above top tier. Glads have feats alone that put him above every top tier (not sky father etc..) that I have seen on the forum. If well written and written by his powerset glads has the ability to mimic pre crisis supes feats. Wow you quoted me to type that blasphemy? NO seriously PC Superman is way above Gladz come on seriously?

carver9
Wow you quoted me to type that blasphemy? NO seriously PC Superman is way above Gladz come on seriously?

Did I ever say that he was equal to a pre crisis superman, I said that he can mimic some of there feats, which he can. Moving and destroying planets is just some of the things that he has done.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Less durable maybe?

A>B>C logic fails and always will, Superman is more powerful than Juggernaut, but he is not as durable. He is less durable and less powerful than Sentry. Sentry has Ravenous beat across the board. Sentry is just badder than Glads imo.Originally posted by Cavalier
Proof that Sentry's more durable than Ravenous? You really think Ronan could defeat Sentry? LOL.Originally posted by Avlon

His pride won't let him. smile Im not wrong.Originally posted by Cavalier
Obviously, if you're more powerful, you're more durable.

We all know that The Doctor is more durable than The General. Common sense, really. Who said that?Originally posted by Enyalus
Where is it established that Ravenous is weaker than Sentry? Have they fought recently and I missed it? Ravenous was the equal/near equal of pre-upgraded Silver Surfer, capable of wielding the exact opposite of the Power Cosmic. He's no joke. He got his ass kicked by Ronan. He wasnt the Surfer's equal. Surfer defeated him easily like he was a joke. Surfer ended it when he wanted to and wasnt in danger at any time during their second fight.

Wow... you really don't even know what I'm saying even when I spell it out numerous times. no expression I got that you wanted to downplay the Sentry.

Enyalus
A confident Gladiator made Juggernaut look like a schoolgirl prior to (or at the beginning?) of the Dark Phoenix saga. A confident Gladiator would pound WWH into submission. Superior speed, superior MA ability, and HV that's hotter than a star would ensure that. Hell, it tore through a weaker Hulk before. No reason that a fully healthy and more confident Kallark wouldn't be able to do the same to WW incarnation of the Hulk. Glads is hardly ever written at that level, though. That isn't the case with this thread - so we take Glads at his peak, which is > anything Sentry has managed to do on panel.

And Quan - Ravenous was equal to Surfer during their first fight. At their second fight, wasn't Surfer amped by Galactus? I might have to go back and reread.

quanchi112
Originally posted by Enyalus
A confident Gladiator made Juggernaut look like a schoolgirl prior to (or at the beginning?) of the Dark Phoenix saga. A confident Gladiator would pound WWH into submission. Superior speed, superior MA ability, and HV that's hotter than a star would ensure that. Hell, it tore through a weaker Hulk before. No reason that a fully healthy and more confident Kallark wouldn't be able to do the same to WW incarnation of the Hulk. Glads is hardly ever written at that level, though. That isn't the case with this thread - so we take Glads at his peak, which is > anything Sentry has managed to do on panel.

And Quan - Ravenous was equal to Surfer during their first fight. At their second fight, wasn't Surfer amped by Galactus? I might have to go back and reread. Yes,a weaker Hulk beat the piss out of Glads. What do you think a smarter,stronger Hulk would do to him? Lose? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Glads didnt lose to Hulk because of a lack of confidence. Glads hasnt beaten Thor or Hulk,so really what feats are you basing this off of?

Surfer was upgraded and easily defeated him. Ronan also beat the piss out of Ravenous at the end of Annihilation. Are you suggesting that Ronan could defeat Sentry?

Enyalus
Glads didnt lose to Hulk because of a lack of confidence. Glads hasnt beaten Thor or Hulk,so really what feats are you basing this off of?

Surfer was upgraded and easily defeated him. Ronan also beat the piss out of Ravenous at the end of Annihilation. Are you suggesting that Ronan could defeat Sentry?

I just told you the feat. And like I said, Ravenous (basically) stalemated Silver Surfer (pre-upgrade). The same Surfer who could create black holes simply by powering up and letting go. He'd give Sentry hell. It'd be a damn good fight.

And Ronan...if he has his hammer, yeah, he might be able to best Sentry 4/10 times or so. He's a much better fighter than Bob is. More stable. His hammer is incredible. Sure.

quanchi112
I just told you the feat. And like I said, Ravenous (basically) stalemated Silver Surfer (pre-upgrade). The same Surfer who could create black holes simply by powering up and letting go. He'd give Sentry hell. It'd be a damn good fight.

And Ronan...if he has his hammer, yeah, he might be able to best Sentry 4/10 times or so. He's a much better fighter than Bob is. More stable. His hammer is incredible. Sure. Sentry wouldnt just be beaten into submission like Ravenous was against the Surfer.

Id say Sentry takes Ronan ten out of ten times. Did you see how well he did against Genisvell. Ronan's formidable but not enough to best Sentry.

Enyalus
Well, Genis-Vell is above WWH, but he lost to him. So...seems his showings fluctuate.

Also, Glads destroys entire planets in three punches. Look at how badly he was being injured by WWH (prior to Worldbreaker form). A few of those punches would seriously mess up the blond prettyboy.

Brutacus

And Quan - Ravenous was equal to Surfer during their first fight. At their second fight, wasn't Surfer amped by Galactus? I might have to go back and reread.

You talk about the tv show here???
I mean the glads that made juggernaut look like a schoolgirl???

Avlon
Did you see how well he did against Genisvell.

Being bfr'd into a public toilet is doing well?

Glads at this point has better feats. However, he's got some seriously bad jobber moments as well.

Enyalus
Originally posted by Brutacus
You talk about the tv show here???
I mean the glads that made juggernaut look like a schoolgirl???

Meh, that's canon too, right? Been a while since I actually read the DPS.

quanchi112
Being bfr'd into a public toilet is doing well?

Glads at this point has better feats. However, he's got some seriously bad jobber moments as well. Genis-vell and his confrontation was pretty even. Thats damn impressive.

Sentry is greater than Glads imo. You can disagree all you want but I believe marvel has Sentry written higher than this Superman clone.

Brutacus
Meh, that's canon too, right? Been a while since I actually read the DPS.

Don't think the cartoon is canon.

Avlon
Genis-vell and his confrontation was pretty even. Thats damn impressive.

It was fine until he ended up in a toilet.

Sentry is greater than Glads imo.

Strangely enough you argue a lot with ur opinion in place of fact. That's part of the problem.

You can disagree all you want but I believe marvel

See what I mean? Here you go again.

has Sentry written higher than this Superman clone.

In status..yes...Sentry SHOULD be higher. In feats...Glads destroys him...at least up to now. Things may change at some point.

quanchi112
It was fine until he ended up in a toilet.

Strangely enough you argue a lot with ur opinion in place of fact. That's part of the problem.

See what I mean? Here you go again.

In status..yes...Sentry SHOULD be higher. In feats...Glads destroys him...at least up to now. Things may change at some point. He was bfr'd. Thats ture but before the bfr he was more than holding his own. Genisvell is pretty impressive imo.

Its my opinion,take it or leave it.

What feats are you going by? Care to enlighten me about the Gladiator. Maybe Ill change my mind.

Enyalus
Genis-Vell is a f*cking beast of the highest order.

quanchi112
Genis-Vell is a f*cking beast of the highest order. He is a beast and most give him a clear victory against Superman outside of a bfr.

Avlon
He was bfr'd. Thats ture but before the bfr he was more than holding his own. Genisvell is pretty impressive imo.

He was holding his own in the microverse which is ok. He still ended up in a toilet.

Its my opinion,take it or leave it.

Your opinion isn't comic fact in any way.

Enyalus
He is a beast and most give him a clear victory against Superman outside of a bfr.

Barring his weak first Captain Mar-vell incarnation, Genis would destroy/dominate any version of Superman. That he could only BFR Sentry reeks of PIS.

He should've been able to reduce Bob to tears, curled up in a fetal position. (He's done that to someone before via his omniversal telepathy.)

EDIT: Okay, not any version of Superman. Ya'll know what I mean.

quanchi112
He was holding his own in the microverse which is ok. He still ended up in a toilet.

Your opinion isn't comic fact in any way. I never said it was. Thats why i say imo. laughing out loud

Superman imo wouldnt fare as well as sentry against Genis-vell or WW Hulk.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.