John Constantine Vs Dr Doom.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

HueyFreeman
a week prep

Bouboumaster
lol, Doom.

tjcoady
A week prep for both?

I love John, but he's not winning this if it's double sided prep.

guy222
doom

Endrict Nuul
mooD

Sado22
john is bi sick

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by tjcoady
A week prep for both?

I love John, but he's not winning this if it's double sided prep. I am not so sure. John has outwitted the first of the fallen on several occassion. Imagine if he played him against doom. Doom couldn't even get his mother soul back from mephisto. He might have similar problems with the first.

Galan007
Originally posted by HueyFreeman
I am not so sure. John has outwitted the first of the fallen on several occassion. Imagine if he played him against doom. Doom couldn't even get his mother soul back from mephisto. He might have similar problems with the first. Good point.

Mindset
I am not so sure. John has outwitted the first of the fallen on several occassion. Imagine if he played him against doom. Doom couldn't even get his mother soul back from mephisto. He might have similar problems with the first.

I don't see how that will help him.

Galan007
I haven't followed Constantine for a while -- is he still under Lucifer's protection?

tjcoady
Originally posted by Galan007
I haven't followed Constantine for a while -- is he still under Lucifer's protection?

The First of the Fallen killed off the other two Lords of Hell. Hell doesn't really have Constantine's back anymore.

The current Andy Diggle run is really establishing the point that Constantine has burned off a lot of his allies- it's a major focus of what Diggle's doing right now... which makes a lot of sense. Constantine shouldn't have all that many friends left.

tjcoady
I am not so sure. John has outwitted the first of the fallen on several occassion. Imagine if he played him against doom. Doom couldn't even get his mother soul back from mephisto. He might have similar problems with the first.

The First of the Fallen outright refuses to deal with Constantine anymore, unless it's an abject and total surrender from Constantine. Even if John could get the FoF on his side, it would require him to give up a hell of a lot.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by tjcoady
The First of the Fallen outright refuses to deal with Constantine anymore, unless it's an abject and total surrender from Constantine. Even if John could get the FoF on his side, it would require him to give up a hell of a lot. True but he did it before with the whole ellie incident. As opportunistic as John is would bet that he could convince a lot more than the first of how much of a prize dooms soul would be.

tjcoady
True but he did it before with the whole ellie incident. As opportunistic as John is would bet that he could convince a lot more than the first of how much of a prize dooms soul would be.

I could see that happening. But John would need something to show the FoF that he couldn't get Doom's soul on his own. The way I see the First of the Fallen reacting is him just asking Constantine why he should need John's helping in snaring Doom?

I could see John convincing the FoF that Doom's concocting a plan to invade hell, and the First of the Fallen (excuse the pun) falling for it, and attacking Doom with no provocation.

But I don't really see this stratagem working too well.

His best shot in terms of attacking Doom through proxy would be, in my opinion, utilizing the Swamp Thing, who still owes John one or two debts (after Millar's run on Swamp Thing).

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.