Sarah connor chronicles canon

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ivalice
Does this overwrite T3's canon status?

Ahnold
Yes and no, Ivalice. It's a bit of a complicated situation, but essentially the makers of the "Sarah Connor Chronicles" have consciously decided to ignore the events of "T3", and regard only the events of the first two films as canon. However, "T3" is still very much canonical within the continuing movie series, with the upcoming "T4" following on from the events depicted in it; the TV show, however, will (as far as I'm aware) *not* be considered canon within the context of the film series. Hope that helps!

Ivalice
Ah ok, thanks for clearing it up smile So basically SCC is merely an alternate timeline? Ok then, we saw that in the T2 alternate ending too.

Ahnold
Yup, that's it exactly (although I don't think that the alternate ending to "T2" is considered canon at all).

Ivalice
Originally posted by Ahnold
Yup, that's it exactly (although I don't think that the alternate ending to "T2" is considered canon at all). In james cameron vision it may be because he wanted to end the franchise with 2. But i think that scene is an alternate timeline anyways.

Ahnold
Originally posted by Ivalice
In james cameron's vision it may be because he wanted to end the franchise with 2.

But i think that scene is an alternate timeline anyways.

But if your first point was true, then why would he cut the scene from the final movie? Surely, as with all films, deleted scenes cannot be considered as canon? Who knows ...

U Neek
I can't swear on it but I thought JC said he cut the alternate version from the theatrical release of the movie due to time constraints.

Also I remember him saying something like showing the black highway at night may have been a better way to end the movie because of reasons I cannot remember right now...

I'll try finding the JC interview on the T2 Special Edition DVD.

In regards to the title of the thread, hope they don't consider it canon!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.