Dr. Doom versus Apocalypse

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Master-Borg
http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/2000/1468/138968-doctor-doom_400.jpg vs http://image.comicvine.com/uploads/item/8000/7612/128594-apocalypse_400.jpg

Ha-Son
Doom wins.

llagrok
Apocalypse is a stronger magician 313

Priest
Doom

Xplosive
Apocalypse

Rorschach
stop hotlinking. weegee

grey fox
LIEEEEEEEEFEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDD

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by grey fox
LIEEEEEEEEFEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLDDDDDDDD

Where?

psycho gundam
why is doom sucking in his gut?

Master-Borg
How would Doom beat Apoc?

redhotrash
In a straight, unprepped, 1 on 1, spontaneous fight Apocalypse should be able to overwhelm Doom assuming Doom is wearing his standard gear. Give Doom... hell 10 minutes of prep to grab some more specialized equipment he has laying around and its another story.

horrorwolf
Apocalypse >>>>>>>>>>> Doom in any type of typical skirmish.

Give Dr. Doom some prep time (or even both equal amounts) and I guarantee that Dr. Doom would utterly pwn Apoc 10/10.

redhotrash
Agreed, Apocalypse tends to need years of prep, and even then it rarely turns out the way he wants it to.

BatmanOfGotham
Apocalypse will win. If the two fight without any prep, the winner is Apocalypse. If Doom gets prep, so should En Sabah Nur.
Therefore, Apocalypse wins in both scenarios.

Priest
Hmm, how would Apoc over come Dooms magic?

BatmanOfGotham
Originally posted by Priest
And how would Doom come over Celestial tech?
And who says Apocalypse can't dodge?

llagrok
Originally posted by Priest

With his own 313

redhotrash
When has Apocalypse used magic exactly? As far as Doom's magic, its more prep based. You dont often see him leave the house and just decide to start flinging spells. Maybe he could, but he hasnt shown it. Matter of fact when stripped naked, Dr. Doom killed a lion with his bare hands, rather than use any spells.

Mr. Slippyfist
Did you even read the latest Mighty Avengers arc?

---

Doom wins.

Am I the only one who sees this as a joke thread?

BatmanOfGotham
Originally posted by Mr. Slippyfist

Am I the only one who sees this as a joke thread?
Yea

Mindset
Originally posted by redhotrash
When has Apocalypse used magic exactly? As far as Doom's magic, its more prep based. You dont often see him leave the house and just decide to start flinging spells. Maybe he could, but he hasnt shown it. Matter of fact when stripped naked, Dr. Doom killed a lion with his bare hands, rather than use any spells.

Yea, you haven't read anything recent with Doom, have you?

tkitna
If they just bumped into each other out of nowhere, as much as I want to say Doom,,,,I cant. Apocalypse would probably take this.

The Illuminati
There is nothing that APOC has that DOOM hasn't seen a 1000x, APOC can't say the same. Doom 10/10 prep/or no prep makes no difference.

norrinradd43
I think Apocalypse takes doom down pretty hard.

redhotrash
I gave up on Mighty Avengers when it became clear the writers didnt know wtf they were doing. Through the bulk of Doom's career he has never relied heavily on magic. And regardless, if we are talking a non-jobbing Apocalypse, he should win. Apocalypse isnt meant to be harmed through convential means (physical blows, energy blasts). People seem to forget he has total control over his body's molecular structure, has telepathic abilities, and has celestial tech.
Like I said, give Doom a few minutes of prep to get his proper gear and he wins, wearing his standard armor he shouldnt be able to beat Apocalypse

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by BatmanOfGotham
And how would Doom come over Celestial tech?
The same way everyone else does.

norrinradd43
Granted Apocalypse has some bad showings but when you get down to the grassroots of what his powers are supposed to be and go off that, he is well above Doom.

Mr Marvel
In a straight, unprepped, 1 on 1, spontaneous fight Apocalypse should be able to overwhelm Doom assuming Doom is wearing his standard gear. Give Doom... hell 10 minutes of prep to grab some more specialized equipment he has laying around and its another story.

Co-signed!

Apocalypse is a genius in all, but it seems more in the field of general Intelligence rather than actually implementing an ingenious plan/strategy.

Normally Apoc is more powerful than Dr Doom however DD relies more on his Mind than Apocalypse does, and has proved far more adept at accomplishing his goals.

non-prep Apoc wins 8.5/10

w/ prep "The Good Doctor" takes 9.9/10

PS- I think DD would use Celestial Tech a lot more effectively than Apoc.

redhotrash
Doom would definately do more with celestial tech, and hes a better loser than Apocalypse. When Doom spends maybe 6 months on a plan that nearly takes over the world but fails when the entire Avengers roster gets involved, he just pulls a Dr. Claw "NEXT TIME!" and chaulks it up as a loss and moves on. Apocalypse will spend 300+ years on a plan just to be foiled by teenaged mutants and will try to save face claiming it was all intentional (yeah.. right).
Either way Apocalypse suffers from a terrible case of misuse. The guy is class 100 strength, can grow to enormous sizes, can form his limbs into all sorts of weapons, has telepathy, alien technology, can teleport, etc etc, but KMC'ers still put in him fights against streetlevelers. Apocalypse should be a team buster. Again, blame Marvel.

nimbus006
Fairly certain this has been done. Nevertheless,

Originally posted by Mr Marvel
Co-signed!

Apocalypse is a genius in all, but it seems more in the field of general Intelligence rather than actually implementing an ingenious plan/strategy.

Normally Apoc is more powerful than Dr Doom however DD relies more on his Mind than Apocalypse does, and has proved far more adept at accomplishing his goals.

non-prep Apoc wins 8.5/10

w/ prep "The Good Doctor" takes 9.9/10

PS- I think DD would use Celestial Tech a lot more effectively than Apoc.

This seems to be accurate.

Bad Ash231

Well, he's suppose to be a "master strategist in combat"... according to the handbooks.

Untrue.

I think the only time Apoc's goals have REALLY failed was in the BoA arc

Originally posted by HueyFreeman
The same way everyone else does.

You mean like how people claim that Apoc gets coffee tables thrown at him in every issue?

When Doom spends maybe 6 months on a plan that nearly takes over the world but fails when the entire Avengers roster gets involved, he just pulls a Dr. Claw "NEXT TIME!" and chaulks it up as a loss and moves on.

Doesn't Doom job to the Fantastic Four?

Why hasn't he killed them again?

Apocalypse will spend 300+ years on a plan just to be foiled by teenaged mutants and will try to save face claiming it was all intentional (yeah.. right).

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Master-Borg
I'm not sure why people have been bringing up prep....there's no prep

norrinradd43
Apocalypse trashes Doom without prep. I am also not too sure that Doom even with prep could have faught High Evolutionary as well as Nur did.

psycho gundam
how come these two never met on panel before, or did I miss that?

Master-Borg
Originally posted by psycho gundam
how come these two never met on panel before, or did I miss that? too much ego to put in one storyline

psycho gundam
Originally posted by Master-Borg
too much ego to put in one storyline yeah, your right about that.

the dialog would be great though, apocalypse has a way of humbling the best of the best just by speaking but on the flip side, doom believes he is superior to all minds on earth.

If marvel wants my money again they should make it happen.

HueyFreeman
Originally posted by Bad Ash231
Well, he's suppose to be a "master strategist in combat"... according to the handbooks.

Untrue.

I think the only time Apoc's goals have REALLY failed was in the BoA arc

You mean like how people claim that Apoc gets coffee tables thrown at him in every issue?

Doesn't Doom job to the Fantastic Four?

Why hasn't he killed them again?

Doom vs the Fantastic four is different. Your talking about a team with a member who can match Doom in intelligence. Not one member of the X-men should be smart enough to take on Apocalypse but it happens alot. Lets be real the x-men are a great team but the pinnacle of intelligence they are not.
Doom wins against 616 Apocalypse. Even without prep he always has weapons and abilities that make him dangerous. Even the last issue of Mighty is testament to that.

LORD B
with no prep,apoc comfortably

Xplosive
Your talking about a team with a member who can match Doom in intelligence.

Apocalypse is up there with pure inteligence with Doom and Richards. It's only that Marvel writes him bad in all departments.

Master-Borg
Originally posted by Xplosive
Apocalypse is up there with pure inteligence with Doom and Richards. It's only that Marvel writes him bad in all departments. Apoc is not comparable in intelligence to Reeds. Reed humiliates him in the IQ department.

psycho gundam
without prep, apocalypse make short work of doom, after all apocalypse is an amalgam of hulk, martian manhunter, and doom himself(imo) (just written to plague humanity forever, he isn't ALLOWED to win)

Mindset
Ummm, he may be an amalgam of them, but only with a small portion of what each is capable of.

psycho gundam
on an paper amalgam then

Bad Ash231
Doom vs the Fantastic four is different. Your talking about a team with a member who can match Doom in intelligence.

Doom claims to be smarter. crackers

Not one member of the X-men should be smart enough to take on Apocalypse but it happens alot. Lets be real the x-men are a great team but the pinnacle of intelligence they are not.

Happens a lot? When has Apoc been outsmarted by the X-Men?

llagrok
As far as I can recall, Apocalypse was defeated when Cyclops "Drew upon the strength of the Grey lineage" which is as PIS as it can get.

And he was killed by the Psimitar after his psychic essence had been separated from Cyclops' body? Another plot weapon.

And recently he was beaten thanks to Pulse further depowering an Apocalypse that had already drained enough blood from himself to fill several huge tanks.

Xplosive
Apoc is not comparable in intelligence to Reeds. Reed humiliates him in the IQ department.

He surely is comparable.

nimbus006
Originally posted by llagrok
As far as I can recall, Apocalypse was defeated when Cyclops "Drew upon the strength of the Grey lineage" which is as PIS as it can get.

And he was killed by the Psimitar after his psychic essence had been separated from Cyclops' body? Another plot weapon.

And recently he was beaten thanks to Pulse further depowering an Apocalypse that had already drained enough blood from himself to fill several huge tanks.

So you're trying to say Apoc should win, right?

I wouldn't doubt for a second that Doom could take 3 or 4/10, but with no time to prepare for this battle I believe Apocalypse has the power to win the majority, if written properly.

llagrok
Originally posted by nimbus006
So you're trying to say Apoc should win, right?

No no, just that the methods the x-men have used to beat him won't hold on KMC.

There's no psimitar, no summers/grey bloodline and Apocalypse hasn't been drained of blood.

HueyFreeman
Doom claims to be smarter. crackers

Happens a lot? When has Apoc been outsmarted by the X-Men? Not really outsmarted just beaten.
A. AOA just attack his and hes defeated
B. BOA Attack him
C. Stryfe loss
Each time hes beaten, he just looses. They have no plan at all. For a prep guy direct physical confrontation should already have a counter. As far as a him being as smart as reed? "Hell No".

Doom usually has access to magic, and his doom bots via his suite.

Mindset
He surely is comparable.

No

nimbus006
No no, just that the methods the x-men have used to beat him won't hold on KMC.

Yea, I completely agree.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Mindset
No

Yes.

Mindset
Yes.

Nope

Master-Borg
Yes. Reed's defeated Galactus...what has Apoc ever achieved?

Bad Ash231
Not really outsmarted just beaten.

A. AOA just attack his and hes defeated

Alternative reality. Doesn't count.

I also believe AoA Doom couldn't beat AoA Apoc...

C. Stryfe loss

Apoc was weakened.

And you know why Stryfe even attacked Apoc?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/NM95/X-MenVol2015-18.jpg

Each time hes beaten, he just looses. They have no plan at all.

Wrong. In BoA, the X-Men had a plan to defeat Apoc.

Bad Ash231
Reed's defeated Galactus...what has Apoc ever achieved?

You mean when the Watcher helped Human Torch steal the Ultimate Nullifier...?

HueyFreeman
Alternative reality. Doesn't count.

I also believe AoA Doom couldn't beat AoA Apoc...

Apoc was weakened.

And you know why Stryfe even attacked Apoc?

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/NM95/X-MenVol2015-18.jpg

Wrong. In BoA, the X-Men had a plan to defeat Apoc. You mean storm the pyramid. Since when is that a plan. His whole plan during BOA was terrible. His plan with Onslaught was bad as well and didn't work. Hes no where near on an equal field of intellect as Doom who even Thanos acknowledges as a big threat.

ashroro
Won't Doom's magical ability play a factor in this fight also? Does Apocalyspe have any defense against magic?

Bad Ash231
You mean storm the pyramid. Since when is that a plan.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/NM95/XMEN186defeatapoc.png

His whole plan during BOA was terrible.

Apocalypse's basic plan - wipe out 90% of the human race to symbolically level the playing field for mutants - is absurd, yes.

His plan with Onslaught was bad as well and didn't work.

It didn't work because of Invisible Woman.

Xplosive
Reed's defeated Galactus...what has Apoc ever achieved?

Apocalypse went toe to toe against High Evolutionary, actually got the better of him, schooled him and than you say Apocalypse intelligence is not even comparable to Reed Richards. Everything Richards can comprehend, I don't see why Apocalypse wouldn't. He would.
It's been said Richards cannot close comprehend Galactus technology, Apocalypse has good knowledge of Celestial technology and understands it, what he got. Look what he also made of Hulk (Reed couldn't even came up with something to stop World War Hulk and not even WWH couldn't do to Juggernaut what War Hulk did).
We know Apocalypse isn't close written in all departments as what he is capable and what he has.
Originally, he was the one to conquer and rule the Earth. Remember what Cable said to Thor and others. He said they don't even realize the threat of Apocalypse. Apocalypse made like they never even existed.
And if you remember, genius Kang the Conqueror (Nathaniel Richards) among all other Earth powerful beings, went after Apocalypse (because Apocalypse ruled the Earth) and failed with all his smartness and future technology to get him.
And are Celestials really so much below Galactus?
Don't tell me he can't even compare to Reed. It's the writing that can't compare because of Reed being generally much better written than Apocalypse and also being constant in writing.

psycho gundam
Apocalypse went toe to toe against High Evolutionary, actually got the better of him, schooled him and than you say Apocalypse intelligence is not even comparable to Reed Richards. Everything Richards can comprehend, I don't see why Apocalypse wouldn't. He would.
It's been said Richards cannot close comprehend Galactus technology, Apocalypse has good knowledge of Celestial technology and understands it, what he got. Look what he also made of Hulk (Reed couldn't even came up with something to stop World War Hulk and not even WWH couldn't do to Juggernaut what War Hulk did).
We know Apocalypse isn't close written in all departments as what he is capable and what he has.
Originally, he was the one to conquer and rule the Earth. Remember what Cable said to Thor and others. He said they don't even realize the threat of Apocalypse. Apocalypse made like they never even existed.
And if you remember, genius Kang the Conqueror (Nathaniel Richards) among all other Earth powerful beings, went after Apocalypse (because Apocalypse ruled the Earth) and failed with all his smartness and future technology to get him.
And are Celestials really so much below Galactus?
Don't tell me he can't even compare to Reed. It's the writing that can't compare because of Reed being generally much better written than Apocalypse and also being constant in writing. rock I 100% agree with this. apocalypse was, is, and will always be the greatest threat to humanity.

LORD B
people keep mentioning dooms magic,apoc coped okay against loki's magic.and dooms tech/armour would be nothing for apoc to overcome due to his celestial tech and techno-path abilities.

godking
Doom easy

He has beaten better men with less.

For a guy the time and resources that he had Apocalypse is a pretty big disapointment . The guy had 1000s of years to work wirk with and Celestial tech and he still failed.

Doom is a mrtal man with only his intellect magic and guts to back him up and he did much much better then apocalypse ever did.

llagrok
Originally posted by godking
Doom easy

He has beaten better men with less.

For a guy the time and resources that he had Apocalypse is a pretty big disapointment . The guy had 1000s of years to work wirk with and Celestial tech and he still failed.

Doom is a mrtal man with only his intellect magic and guts to back him up and he did much much better then apocalypse ever did.

Explain to me, what are Apocalypse's ambitions?

The Illuminati
Explain to me, what are Apocalypse's ambitions?

To talk a big game but, never ever accomplish anything with 1000's of years to attempt to do it.

stick out tongue

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by The Illuminati
To talk a big game but, never ever accomplish anything with 1000's of years to attempt to do it.

stick out tongue

Attempt... to accomplish... what?

HueyFreeman
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/NM95/XMEN186defeatapoc.png

That plan is akin to
Fantastic four vs Doom
Mr Fantastic stretch
invisible woman uses a force bubble.
Thing use superstrength and johhny roast.
if all there doing is using their powers to storm the pyramid and attack apocalypse. Thats not a plan thats storming the pyramid to use their mutant powers on Apocalypse and thats a plan beneath the likes of even Spiderman. I mena seriously I wonder if the avengers will run straight in and battle the villian in the next issue, sounds like a plan.

The worst part was that he announced on television his plan knowing they would storm his pyramid afterword. What countermeasures does he have for this
"Gambit" and a bomb.

HueyFreeman
Attempt... to accomplish... what? Thats by biggest gripe with Apocalypse, whats his biggest accomplishment-AOA and even then he didn't set that into motion.

Bad Ash231
That plan is akin to
Fantastic four vs Doom.

No, it's more like Lex Luthor using a ray gun that projects red sunlight on Superman while a bunch of normal thugs beats the crap out of him.

if all there doing is using their powers to storm the pyramid and attack apocalypse. Thats not a plan thats storming the pyramid to use their mutant powers on Apocalypse and thats a plan beneath the likes of even Spiderman. I mena seriously I wonder if the avengers will run straight in and battle the villian in the next issue, sounds like a plan.

huh

The worst part was that he announced on television his plan knowing they would storm his pyramid afterword. What countermeasures does he have for this
"Gambit" and a bomb.

You mean like someone wouldn't notice a huge f*cking pyramid floating around?

Bad Ash231
Thats by biggest gripe with Apocalypse, whats his biggest accomplishment

Villains doesn't accomplish squat.

AOA and even then he didn't set that into motion.

What are you talking about?

Master-Borg
How does Doom beat Apoc?

Apoc is stronger

Apoc is more durable

Apoc is more versatile

I guess Doom is smarter and has some magic abilities?

Mr. Slippyfist
How does Doom beat Apoc?

Apoc is stronger

Apoc is more durable

Apoc is more versatile

I guess Doom is smarter and has some magic abilities? Great logic... Apoc would beat Dr Strange as well. thumb up
Hell, throw Ancient One in there, and Apoc would surely hand him his ass.

---

And as smart as Doom? Really? Are you kidding me?
Has anyone seen what Doom has done, when they make this claim?
Or are they like me when I first came on this forum, and thought he was just a man in a metal suit... and Iron Man would kill him?

Because it seems to me...

Master-Borg
Great logic... Apoc would beat Dr Strange as well. thumb up
Hell, throw Ancient One in there, and Apoc would surely hand him his ass.

---

And as smart as Doom? Really? Are you kidding me?
Has anyone seen what Doom has done, when they make this claim? please, Doom's magic abilities is like finger painting compared to Dr. Strange.

also, I said Doom is smarter

HueyFreeman
Villains doesn't accomplish squat.

What are you talking about? Legion was responsible for the AOA not Apocalypse just like wanda being responsible for the House of M and not Magneto. Doom has accompled much ranging from SS-Galactus-Beyonder. Apocalypse height is Loki and even then he didn't really win. So yes many villians do accomplish something its just Poccy who doesn't.

HueyFreeman
No, it's more like Lex Luthor using a ray gun that projects red sunlight on Superman while a bunch of normal thugs beats the crap out of him.

huh

You mean like someone wouldn't notice a huge f*cking pyramid floating around? Thats the problem, what was his plan. Kill the majority of the population but wait in a huge pyramid without counter measures for any of the teams but a cliche bomb . Thats it. Thats not a plan, thats waiting for an ass-beating. Doom always has a plan whether its political, magical, or otherwise. To even put their intelligence in the same league is a little ridiculous.

Mr. Slippyfist
please, Doom's magic abilities is like finger painting compared to Dr. Strange.

also, I said Doom is smarter He learned everything he could from Strange in two weeks. He's also grown more powerful, and more powerful over the years. Not saying he's Strange level (although he'd fukken own current), but he's not what you're saying... not even close.

Plus, I never said anything about any power levels. You're logic is that:

Apoc is stronger - well, Doom is way closer to Apoc's strength, than Strange is (although, I feel I have to say that he's not close... because I can see you misinterpreting what I'm throwing down).

Apoc is more durable - Doom is closer than Apoc's durability, than Strange is.

Apoc is more versatile - This isn't even correct... but, I guess he's more versatile than Strange as well... confused

Using your incredibly awesomtastic logic. Doom would stand a better chance against Apoc, than Strange would. As you only picked elements of fighting that you feel would win Apoc the fight. You never said anything about magic abilities. You never said anything about blasting power. You never said anything about effectiveness... etc.

Doom whips out his anti-matter canon, and blows Apoc out of the fight. smile

Was that part addressed to you? I thought I made it clear when I cut off that part from the part I actually quoted of your awesome post. Ah... C?

HueyFreeman

And thats not the work of a genius either. An idiot could come up with the idea of using red sun against superman which is my point entirely. The plan that stopped him in BOA is something Deadpool could probably come up with.

Bad Ash231
Legion was responsible for the AOA not Apocalypse just like wanda being responsible for the House of M and not Magneto.

Not... really.

Legion kills Xavier. Apoc awakes from his sleep earlier than he did in 616 and, well, conquers the world.

That reminds me of this video...

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/257930

Doom has accompled much ranging from SS-Galactus-Beyonder. Apocalypse height is Loki and even then he didn't really win. So yes many villians do accomplish something its just Poccy who doesn't.

What the hell are you talking about.

Accomplishing WHAT?

Bad Ash231
And thats not the work of a genius either. An idiot could come up with the idea of using red sun against superman which is my point entirely. The plan that stopped him in BOA is something Deadpool could probably come up with.

Didn't the Mighty Avengers recently take down Doom by brute force?

Bad Ash231
Thats the problem, what was his plan. Kill the majority of the population but wait in a huge pyramid without counter measures for any of the teams but a cliche bomb . Thats it. Thats not a plan, thats waiting for an ass-beating.

The Avengers were actually having trouble with Apoc's pyramid. And Cap said that they could wait a couple of days for the Fantastic Four to help.

Then the X-Men shows up with two new Sentinels.

Give Apoc a break.

Doom always has a plan whether its political, magical, or otherwise.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/NM95/DrDoomSquirrels.gif

To even put their intelligence in the same league is a little ridiculous.

Not really.

I believe even Uatu the Watcher has acknowledged Apoc's intellect.

Master-Borg

I believe even Uatu the Watcher has acknowledged Apoc's intellect.

Uatu seems to have an unhealthy mancrush on Poccy though embarrasment

redhotrash
Because Doom really carries a anti-matter cannon on him at all times... Like I said, give him 10 minutes to go home and get his anti-matter cannon and yeah, but he isnt doing it with his every day gear.

psycho gundam
the same can be said about apocalypse.

thats one guy you don't want to make a "go home, get your best gear, then come back and lets duke it out" fight.

two words, celestial tech.

apocalypse is a cross-over level villian, doom isn't

Mindset
the same can be said about apocalypse.

thats one guy you don't want to make a "go home, get your best gear, then come back and lets duke it out" fight.

two words, celestial tech.

apocalypse is a cross-over level villian, doom isn't

Doom has stolen Glactus Power, SS Power, Beyonders Power... he has done more than Apocalypse.

psycho gundam
apocalypse mastered celestial technology.

apocalypse was a conqueror of civilizations since the written word and concurred multiple futures as well, doom is a flash in the pan, a mere child in comparison.

The Illuminati

apocalypse was a conqueror of civilizations since the written word and concurred multiple futures as well, doom is a flash in the pan, a mere child in comparison.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

My advise is to crack a book outside of the X-Titles once and a while.

Doom is "THE" Villain, APOC is a badguy afterthought.

psycho gundam
Originally posted by The Illuminati
roll eyes (sarcastic)

My advise is to crack a book outside of the X-Titles once and a while.

Doom is "THE" Villain, APOC is a badguy afterthought.
heh, your advise is questionable after reading the last sentance.
"afterthought"? age of apocalypse is an afterthought? cable, stryfe, sinister, x-man, warren worthington III etc lives started/ruined by apocalypse and he is an afterthought? c'mon.

Mindset

None of that compares to the things I just mentioned.

Mindset
heh, your advise is questionable after reading the last sentance.
"afterthought"? age of apocalypse is an afterthought? cable, stryfe, sinister, x-man, warren worthington III etc lives started/ruined by apocalypse and he is an afterthought? c'mon.

Yes, he is an afterthought.

Doom is the bigger named villain.

AOA is an alternate timeline.

Mr. Slippyfist
Because Doom really carries a anti-matter cannon on him at all times... Like I said, give him 10 minutes to go home and get his anti-matter cannon and yeah, but he isnt doing it with his every day gear. He whipped it out, out of nowhere in his battle with Meph.

Army of demons/Crimson Bands of Cytorak ftw. smile

apocalypse was a conqueror of civilizations since the written word and concurred multiple futures as well, doom is a flash in the pan, a mere child in comparison. He mastered it? Really? Wow... Celestial tech really... sort of... sucks.

Alternate futures? Doom is the Sorcerer Supreme in one of his futures.

And in canon... he's stolen Galactus's power. Galactus's power/Cosmic Cube/Other artifacts (although it may not be canon... not sure yet). He's stolen Beyonder's power. He's stolen Silver Surfer's power. He's stolen a Watcher's power.
All through a little bit of planning. Doom is a cosmic villain when he's in the mood for power.

However, this battle isn't about what one has done with prep... is it? Or what they have accomplished in that aspect. Hell, if you want to compare... Thanos keeps an eye on Doom at all times.

psycho gundam
all of those things he has lost right.

they are somewhat equal in the tech biz and the point about tech was secondary, the meat of the matter is apocalypse being the greater of the two villains by far (imo)

Mr. Slippyfist
all of those things he has lost right.

they are somewhat equal in the tech biz and the point about tech was secondary, the meat of the matter is apocalypse being the greater of the two villains by far (imo) Of course. Beyonder reclaimed his power (through plot).
Black Bolt shouted a full scream x whatever the machine Reed gave him amplified it by.
And he ran into Galactus's forcefield.

They aren't even close in tech... while Apoc may have assy Celestial tech (as it's assy to what Celestials can do)... he hasn't accomplished what Doom has.
Doom has actually blown apart Meph in his own realm (although he reformed because he's Meph).
He's stolen Galactus's power with a mechanism he built in like 10 minutes of planning/building.
He can steal Surfer's power with his tech.
He redirected Thor's hammer with a field.
He's one shotted Adam Warlock twice with his own blasts in his suit.
Etc.

Secondary maybe... but it's still wrong.

Heh... comics go against that.

psycho gundam
Apocalypse = conqueror

Dr. Doom = would be conqueror

those titles speak for themselves in terms of accomplishments.

(imo) sans tech, apocalypse literally crushes doom.
with tech, it may be a toss up victory that leads to a bfr.

Endless Mike
What are the conditions for this fight? Is there any prep?

Can Apocalypse resist the Ovoid Mind Transfer?

Mindset
Apocalypse = conqueror

Apocalypse conquered ancient civilizations in 616 timeline, not that much of a feat.

psycho gundam
several cultures, he is known as a god in tombs and tablets.

he concurred at least: china, north america, mexico, south america, upper africa to the middle east to india, the inhumans moon base (sort of) and various other countries in different time lines.

doom has latvaria......

Mr. Slippyfist
Apocalypse = conqueror

with tech, it may be a toss up victory that leads to a bfr. laughing out loud

Anyway, Doom has ran his own country for years.

What does Apoc rule now?

Plus, that speaks as though it's a "I don't know what they've done, but Apoc has a cool title!" to me. erm
And I don't even know where that came from. Wiki, Marvel, handbooks? Either way, it's irrelevant.

May I be so bold, as to ask what this is based on?

Plus, sans tech, Apoc is a mutant, without Celestial armor. Doom is a pimp with a scar on his face... with very potent magic skills. Doom would assrape Apoc sans tech.

psycho gundam
an immortal mutant don't forget, and one that can control all the atoms of his being, and then some.

Mr. Slippyfist
an immortal mutant don't forget, and one that can control all the atoms of his being, and then some. And?

He gets thrown in the bands, and then gets an army after him.

Doom's magic blasts have rocked Beyonder...

psycho gundam
intangibility arguably counteracts both.

Mindset
several cultures, he is known as a god in tombs and tablets.

he concurred at least: china, north america, mexico, south america, upper africa to the middle east to india, the inhumans moon base (sort of) and various other countries in different time lines.

doom has latvaria......

A god to ancient civilizations, that's not that big of a deal, pretty much anyone with powers would have been viewed as a god.

Doom has done more impressive things, get over it.

Mr. Slippyfist
intangibility arguably counteracts both. When has Apoc used intangibility? Let alone all the way back before he got Celestial Tech?

psycho gundam
he still possesses it regardless.

alright, during the onslaught fiasco, doom was fighting along side his peers and what was apocalypse doing, he was sipping pina coladas with
uatu for the majority, looking down at the mortals fight in the trenches.

all im saying is apoc is on a higher level of villany than doom.

Mindset
all im saying is apoc is on a higher level of villany than doom.

Except he isn't.

Apocalypse better be glad he wasn't fighting because he would've gotten raped.

Mr. Slippyfist
he still possesses it regardless.

alright, during the onslaught fiasco, doom was fighting along side his peers and what was apocalypse doing, he was sipping pina coladas with
uatu for the majority, looking down at the mortals fight in the trenches.

all im saying is apoc is on a higher level of villany than doom. Based on?

So, Apoc was too much of a pussy to fight Onslaught... is what you're saying?

Based on?

psycho gundam
chill, apocalypse approached the onslaught situation with a plausible plan
doom got thrashed like the rest of the heroes present.

Mindset
doom got thrashed like the rest of the heroes present.

You act like being beaten by Onslaught is a low showing.

Mr. Slippyfist
doom got thrashed like the rest of the heroes present. I'm 'chill' as you put it. I'm cooler than a cock in ice.

Doom was part of the thinkers that defeated Onslaught...

psycho gundam
no im not, i stated the attack stratagem displayed by en sabah nur was testament to his superiority as a villain thats all.

Mr. Slippyfist
no im not, i stated the attack stratagem displayed by en sabah nur was testament to his superiority as a villain thats all. Villains aren't supposed to be pussies.

That would be like saying Watcher is a better hero than Cap, because he watched Cap get slaughtered by Thanos with IG. Or is a better cosmic than Eternity, Galactus, etc.

Anyway, I'm convinced you're not serious.

psycho gundam
your analogy is off, the way you put it Adolf Hitler is a Lessar villain than
jeffrey dahmer just because jeff did it himself.

apoc used his brain in the confruntation, that speaks volumes does it not?

Mr. Slippyfist
your analogy is off, the way you put it Adolf Hitler is a Lessar villain than
jeffrey dahmer just because jeff did it himself. Hitler orchestrated everything... Apoc, and Watcher did shit all.

psycho gundam
this is getting lame fast, it's like two am and this is still continuing.
we can't convince each other who is write so I will back off till morning,

this is the first time I have ever seen you get serious in a thread, it's kind of out of character.

Mr. Slippyfist
Not even close to serious. Just short but sweet posts. smile

Also, I don't like continuing debates after the day they happened... so...

Bad Ash231
So, Apoc was too much of a pussy to fight Onslaught... is what you're saying?

Villains aren't supposed to be pussies.

lol

Apoc had his reasons for not fighting Onslaught.

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/9334/uncannyxmen3551pr5.jpg

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/7255/uncannyxmen3552ec4.jpg

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/8994/fantasticfour415cv0.jpg

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/9510/uncannyxmen3664vy0.jpg

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/6374/uncannyxmen3665cw7.jpg

Until...

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7730/uncannyxmen3663si0.jpg

And after all that happened in Cable #35, Apocalypse states that he and Watcher will see who remains after Onslaught.

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/6930/cable03523vk4.jpg

So... I can see some superiority to Doom here...

Bad Ash231
He mastered it? Really? Wow... Celestial tech really... sort of... sucks.

Sucks?

Apoc used it to turn a normal guy into a Doomsday-like being that the Avengers, including that of Thor, couldn't harm.

HueyFreeman
Not... really.

Legion kills Xavier. Apoc awakes from his sleep earlier than he did in 616 and, well, conquers the world.

That reminds me of this video...

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/257930

What the hell are you talking about.

Accomplishing WHAT? Doom has actually conquered the world before but gave it up in an old fantatic four. Hes taken the powers of the SS, Galactus and the Beyonder. Hes fought several teams and fought quite well. His track record is great even by villian standards. Your arguement against Dooms counter measures is a fight with Squirrel girl, whose reputation has always been to take down huge villians as an inside joke? Dooms built his own time machine. Apoc has what? celestial tech? Big deal, he almost never usues it properly. His intellect is also a cause for concern considering I rarely see him do anything above average for a supposed evil genius.

HueyFreeman
lol

Apoc had his reasons for not fighting Onslaught.

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/9334/uncannyxmen3551pr5.jpg

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/7255/uncannyxmen3552ec4.jpg

http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/8994/fantasticfour415cv0.jpg

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/9510/uncannyxmen3664vy0.jpg

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/6374/uncannyxmen3665cw7.jpg

Until...

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/7730/uncannyxmen3663si0.jpg

And after all that happened in Cable #35, Apocalypse states that he and Watcher will see who remains after Onslaught.

http://img250.imageshack.us/img250/6930/cable03523vk4.jpg

So... I can see some superiority to Doom here... So , um, he decided not to get involved only to later get involved to try to kill Franklin Richards. Sounds to me more like his plan failed so hes keeping out of it to save his ass.

HueyFreeman
Didn't the Mighty Avengers recently take down Doom by brute force? The entire Avengers team was taken out by Doom. What saved them - Jessica's apparent hidden powers and the Sentry - PIS in a can.

HueyFreeman
Not... really.

And then hes killed by Magneto alone. sick Its hard to argue about Apocalypse when most of the stories he has appeared in don't make any sense. I am still trying to figure out how twelve mutants make a celestial level being despite the "Each of the mutants represent different aspects of nature " bs.

Eon Blue
Originally posted by LORD B
with no prep,apoc comfortably

Bad Ash231
Doom has actually conquered the world before but gave it up in an old fantatic four.

How did he accomplish that anyway?

Apoc has what? celestial tech? Big deal, he almost never usues it properly.

And what is "properly"? The Watchers and the Cosmic Cube beings have trouble comprehending the Celestials...

Apocalypse once used his tech to forcibly teleport Bishop out of the time stream.

His intellect is also a cause for concern considering I rarely see him do anything above average for a supposed evil genius.

And what is "above average" evil genius?

So , um, he decided not to get involved only to later get involved to try to kill Franklin Richards. Sounds to me more like his plan failed so hes keeping out of it to save his ass.

Your assumption, yes.

swerve1988
APOC wins easy

llagrok
How can Huey compare the F4's fights with Doom to the X-men's fight with Apocalypse? The x-men needed to depower an already weakened Apocalypse in order to have a shot at beating him :/

He whipped it out, out of nowhere in his battle with Meph.

Army of demons/Crimson Bands of Cytorak ftw. smile

He mastered it? Really? Wow... Celestial tech really... sort of... sucks.

Alternate futures? Doom is the Sorcerer Supreme in one of his futures.

And in canon... he's stolen Galactus's power. Galactus's power/Cosmic Cube/Other artifacts (although it may not be canon... not sure yet). He's stolen Beyonder's power. He's stolen Silver Surfer's power. He's stolen a Watcher's power.
All through a little bit of planning. Doom is a cosmic villain when he's in the mood for power.

However, this battle isn't about what one has done with prep... is it? Or what they have accomplished in that aspect. Hell, if you want to compare... Thanos keeps an eye on Doom at all times.

Loki is also the sorcerer supreme in one future.

redhotrash
Are we really using alternate futures as a reference on KMC? Didnt Punisher kill everyone in 1 alternate future?
On a more realistic (comic book speaking) note, Apocalypse has had how long to study celestial tech? Dont get me wrong, I love the character, but they have dropped the ball on him big time. It just seems like the best thing to come from Apocalypse has been Mr. Sinister, who while being weaker and operating on a smaller scale than the big guy, has been at least equally as sucessful.
Dr. Doom on the other hand is one of the most respected villains on comics for a reason. He does awesome things with less resources than some other badguys, and always does them with style.
Still, like I said before, using standard gear hes outmatched here. Through his character's history he hasnt used magic consistantly like some people on here would lead you to believe.

godking
Apocalypse = conqueror

Doom conquered the world 3 TIMES with 100s of yeasr Apoc has not conquered 616 earth even ONCE.

llagrok
Doom conquered the world 3 TIMES with 100s of yeasr Apoc has not conquered 616 earth even ONCE.

When has Apocalypse ever been all about conquering the world?

godking
When has Apocalypse ever been all about conquering the world? Doom has acomplished most of his goals unlike Apocalypse.

llagrok
Doom has acomplished most of his goals unlike Apocalypse.

Apocalypse's goal isn't as easy to accomplish, he wants to separate the weak from the strong, it's not as easily accomplished as simply gaining more powers.

Apocalypse also had reality altering powers after the twelve, so it's not like he has never gotten any proper power.

dat_boi
apoc never conquered earth 616 bcuz he never saw the opportunity to for 1 for 2 in the reality in which apoc conquers the earth he thoroughly owns the world to were u can honestly say he had his own era or "age" however on another note doom is cunning enough to create his own scenario in which he could take over honestly i m gonna honestly have to say this is gonna be a stalemate apoc's got battle experience dooms got the cunning and there power levels r too close to call it

HueyFreeman

Your assumption, yes. You serious. So him helping,failing and then changing his mind is my assumption.

So I am supposed to take his word for it that he just changed his mind. roll eyes (sarcastic)

llagrok
The entire Avengers team was taken out by Doom. What saved them - Jessica's apparent hidden powers and the Sentry - PIS in a can.

You mean Doom using magic on IM and failing to stop someone who's stronger than him? Oh yeah, PIS.

Doom has actually conquered the world before but gave it up in an old fantatic four. Hes taken the powers of the SS, Galactus and the Beyonder. Hes fought several teams and fought quite well. His track record is great even by villian standards. Your arguement against Dooms counter measures is a fight with Squirrel girl, whose reputation has always been to take down huge villians as an inside joke? Dooms built his own time machine. Apoc has what? celestial tech? Big deal, he almost never usues it properly. His intellect is also a cause for concern considering I rarely see him do anything above average for a supposed evil genius.

A Doom from a future time stole the Beyonder's powers.

Can I get an example of Apocalypse's tech sucking? Because it has been pretty properly employed earlier :/

Empowering mutants, letting him beat the Inhuman family and almost gaining omnipotence :/

HueyFreeman

And what is "above average" evil genius?

Lex is an above average evil genius. So is Joker. So is alex luthor. Someone whose actions qualifies to threaten more than a group of mutants and with a generally high risk of them succeeding. Doom is a threat to the universe. Apocalypse is a planetary threat. Doom has taken the powers of cosmic Gods. Hes been all powerful on more than one occasion.

Bad Ash231
You serious. So him helping,failing and then changing his mind is my assumption.

So I am supposed to take his word for it that he just changed his mind. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wait, now I'm lost.

Apoc changed his mind about what?

HueyFreeman
You mean Doom using magic on IM and failing to stop someone who's stronger than him? Oh yeah, PIS.

A Doom from a future time stole the Beyonder's powers.

Can I get an example of Apocalypse's tech sucking? Because it has been pretty properly employed earlier :/

Empowering mutants, letting him beat the Inhuman family and almost gaining omnipotence :/ Gambit beat his programming. Gambit? Hulk overcame it in a day.

HueyFreeman
Wait, now I'm lost.

Apoc changed his mind about what?
A) He first stated he wouldn't get involved because it plays into this whole belief in "Survival of the Fittest" " B)Then he helps Cable to stop him, that fails and now C)hes back to staying out of it. Seems like hes flipping to me.

Bad Ash231
Lex is an above average evil genius. So is Joker. So is alex luthor.

Joker is an above average evil genius, but Apoc isn't?

Someone whose actions qualifies to threaten more than a group of mutants and with a generally high risk of them succeeding.

lol

HueyFreeman
geek I am at work so I am kinda only half paying attention to what I post. My bad. What I meant was the
"The villian usually has high end plans which tend to theaten more than a planet".

llagrok
Gambit beat his programming. Gambit? Hulk overcame it in a day.

Uhm, so?

Bad Ash231
A) He first stated he wouldn't get involved because it plays into this whole belief in "Survival of the Fittest" " B)Then he helps Cable to stop him, that fails and now C)hes back to staying out of it. Seems like hes flipping to me.

His plan to stop Onslaught from becoming omnipotent flopped. They wouldn't kill Franklin, which kinda pissed Apoc off. He had nothing more to offer that could help stop Onslaught.

Bad Ash231
geek I am at work so I am kinda only half paying attention to what I post. My bad. What I meant was the
"The villian usually has high end plans which tend to theaten more than a planet".

Well, there's the Twelve.

HueyFreeman
Uhm, so? Lex has put someone under mind control, so has Doom. Each tend to last more than a day. Thats the problem. Besides enhance and control other mutants his tech is good for nothing. The limits of this control doesn't seem to last very long since most mutants overcome it in a short period of time.

Bad Ash231
Lex has put someone under mind control, so has Doom. Each tend to last more than a day. Thats the problem. Besides enhance and control other mutants his tech is good for nothing. The limits of this control doesn't seem to last very long since most mutants overcome it in a short period of time.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/NM95/lex-luthor-wrong1.jpg

It's not mind control. They are brainwashed, though others might follow him willingly.

Angel was tricked into believing he had killed Iceman. This 'shocked' him back to his senses. The same happened to Hulk when he thought he killed Rick Jones. And Wolverine returned to his former self thanks to Shadow King.

Apoc's other Horsemen (not main characters like Angel, Gambit, Wolverine or Hulk) have remained at his side, mostly for a very long time.

llagrok
Lex has put someone under mind control, so has Doom. Each tend to last more than a day. Thats the problem. Besides enhance and control other mutants his tech is good for nothing. The limits of this control doesn't seem to last very long since most mutants overcome it in a short period of time.

Apocalypse didn't really try to brainwash Gambit, that was the whole idea. Gambit thought he was still fully in control. It's not like his technology failed to grant them powers.

You had nothing to say when I called you on the other bullshit. Apocalypse gaining reality warping powers, becoming strong enough to easily withstand Black Bolt's voice, etc.

Or the Doom who stole the Beyonder's powers being a different Doom.

Mindset
Doom stole Beyonders power in Secret Wars, that wasn't another timeline.

darthgoober
Apocalypse didn't really try to brainwash Gambit, that was the whole idea. Gambit thought he was still fully in control. It's not like his technology failed to grant them powers.

You had nothing to say when I called you on the other bullshit. Apocalypse gaining reality warping powers, becoming strong enough to easily withstand Black Bolt's voice, etc.

Or the Doom who stole the Beyonder's powers being a different Doom.
Actually the Secret Wars IS valid for mainstream Doom. See the Beyonder pulled Doom from the 1990's back to the time period of the Secret Wars, and then restored Doom's memories to him later on after he'd been brought back to life. That mean that Doom's current self has actually experienced(and remembers) the entire Secret War saga.

HueyFreeman
Well, there's the Twelve. Please don't mention "the twelve". That series made no sense and was terrible.

HueyFreeman

Or the Doom who stole the Beyonder's powers being a different Doom. what bullshit are you talking about. Listing stats from his handbook doesn't mean anything. Martian Manhunters stats put him above most heroes but for the most part he gets owned a lot. You can spew stats till your head pops off but for the most part he doesn't do anything but manipulate his arms and use concussive blasts. As far as the twelve goes. He took twelve mutants that out of no where equate to cosmic power. Thats around Lex and his infamous orange juice cans level of stupidity.

HueyFreeman
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y37/Nightmareman95/NM95/lex-luthor-wrong1.jpg

It's not mind control. They are brainwashed, though others might follow him willingly.

Angel was tricked into believing he had killed Iceman. This 'shocked' him back to his senses. The same happened to Hulk when he thought he killed Rick Jones. And Wolverine returned to his former self thanks to Shadow King.

Apoc's other Horsemen (not main characters like Angel, Gambit, Wolverine or Hulk) have remained at his side, mostly for a very long time. Brainwashed, mind control -your splitting hairs, the point is they never work on anyone worth a damn for any long period of time. Doom has been an issue for a number of cosmic gods. He was even a problem Akhenaten felt needed to be taken care of quickly in the end .

Mr Master
Originally posted by darthgoober

Actually the Secret Wars IS valid for mainstream Doom. See the Beyonder pulled Doom from the 1990's back to the time period of the Secret Wars, and then restored Doom's memories to him later on after he'd been brought back to life. That mean that Doom's current self has actually experienced(and remembers) the entire Secret War saga.
While I agree SW (84) is valid for 616 Doom,
because he was re-introduced into the SW saga (84) by Beyonder in 85' (not 90)
we mustn't forget that the original version of Doom that "stole" B's power,
was not the real, or original Doom,
but an impossible alternate from a non-existent future courtesy of the Beyonder.

It once again proves that Doom stealing Beyonder's power is a farce,
for Beyonder actually allowed Doom to steal his power again during that re-introduction,
this solidifies Beyonder's absolute manipulation of the entire event,
but beyond this,
we later learn that Beyonder unconsciously gave Doom what he wanted,
because it was in Beyonder's nature to give others what they desired,
I mean,
that was the whole point of SW I in the first place, to grant insects their dreams.

For Doom, that dream was Beyonder's power:

http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/6075/72324362xc8.th.jpg

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>