Eddie Brock Is Going To Return!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Arachnid1
I'm serious! He's going to return during Slott's Spider-Man vs Thunderbolts arc for BND!!!! eek! eek! eek! eek!

Yoshi Paradise
closedeyes It was expected.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Yoshi Paradise
closedeyes It was expected. Yes, it was, but I'm just as happy as I would have been if I didn't expect it. I actually expected you to go like

ZOMG NO WAY! YES! EDDIE BROCK IS BACK! YAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!

You were a lot calmer than I expected.

Yoshi Paradise
I knew it was going to happen, but I didn't know when.

If Marvel really wanted Gargan to stay as Venom, then they would have already killed off Eddie Brock instead of keeping him alive for some reason.

Arachnid1

If Marvel really wanted Gargan to stay as Venom, then they would have already killed off Eddie Brock instead of keeping him alive for some reason. I knew he's be back because he has to big a fan base to kill off.

Yoshi Paradise
During the Spider-Man vs Thunderbolts arc, will Venom (Eddie Brock) look different from his usual appearance?

Arachnid1
During the Spider-Man vs Thunderbolts arc, will Venom (Eddie Brock) look different from his usual appearance? I don't know. No pictures have been released yet.

Unfortunately, Scorpion is gone forever. sad

Yoshi Paradise
Oh, okay.

Well, at least we'll see the Scorpion in video games, cartoons, and maybe a Spiderman movie. thumb up

steverules

If Marvel really wanted Gargan to stay as Venom, then they would have already killed off Eddie Brock instead of keeping him alive for some reason.

stick out tongue I believe it was me who first said that Happy Dance I passed on some knowledge

Now eddie will be Venom right? Is there a link?

Neo Darkhalen
About time, but as Yoshi said it was inevitable.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by steverules
stick out tongue I believe it was me who first said that Happy Dance I passed on some knowledge

Now eddie will be Venom right? Is there a link? I got the info from the CBR forums. I don't think I want to go searching for it again, but I'll try.

BruceSkywalker
HIP HIP HOORAY...Will Eddie/Venom be like his "lethal protector" role?

Toku King
Finally! Now hopefully, the original Venom'll be back!

harri
so what issue?

Spider-Chris
wut happened to scorpion

Yoshi Paradise
I think he died.

Neo Darkhalen
Is it such a loss.

Yoshi Paradise
Originally posted by Neo Darkhalen
Is it such a loss.

Says the person who thought Gargan was a sorry excuse for Venom. stick out tongue

Micheal_Myers
Gargan was a sorry excuse for Venom....lol...Eddie ftw!

Neo Darkhalen
I meant would it be such a loss if he dies. embarrasment stick out tongue

Arachnid1
Says the person who thought Gargan was a sorry excuse for Venom. stick out tongue He was a horrible Venom, but he was an outstanding Scorpion.

Menetnashté
where exactly is this all coming from?

VenomCarnage21
(Venom mini-series announced going on 3 years ago...and counting) OMG! Angel Medina is doing the art for an upcoming Venom mini...featuring EDDIE BROCK! THE ORIGINAL VENOM IS COMING BACK!

(Spider-Man 3 Movie) OMG! Marvel is bringing Eddie Brock back as Venom to promote the new movie! Like how they featured GG and Doc Ock heavily during the promotion of the 1st two Spidey movies! They just HAVE to bring Eddie/Venom back now!

(The Last Temptation of Eddie Brock) OMG! Eddie Brock is coming back AND he'll get the symbiote again! Venom reborn!

(Thunderbolts preview that showed the Venom symbiote arguing with Gargan) OMG! The symbiote is losing patience with Gargan! It's gonna leave him and return to Eddie!

(Killer Movies Forum now) OMG! I have news and no credible proof or link that Dan Slott is bringing back Eddie Brock as Venom during Brand New Day! I base this on nothing! And you guys all believe me!

I've heard it ever since Marvel Knights Spider-Man. If you have no proof, its bullshit.

Even more so, I did a search on CBR, Marvel.com, Newsrama, and Google. There is no proof or annoucement. Bull-Pissing-Shit...

Arachnid1
Originally posted by VenomCarnage21
(Venom mini-series announced going on 3 years ago...and counting) OMG! Angel Medina is doing the art for an upcoming Venom mini...featuring EDDIE BROCK! THE ORIGINAL VENOM IS COMING BACK!

(Spider-Man 3 Movie) OMG! Marvel is bringing Eddie Brock back as Venom to promote the new movie! Like how they featured GG and Doc Ock heavily during the promotion of the 1st two Spidey movies! They just HAVE to bring Eddie/Venom back now!

(The Last Temptation of Eddie Brock) OMG! Eddie Brock is coming back AND he'll get the symbiote again! Venom reborn!

(Thunderbolts preview that showed the Venom symbiote arguing with Gargan) OMG! The symbiote is losing patience with Gargan! It's gonna leave him and return to Eddie!

(Killer Movies Forum now) OMG! I have news and no credible proof or link that Dan Slott is bringing back Eddie Brock as Venom during Brand New Day! I base this on nothing! And you guys all believe me!

I've heard it ever since Marvel Knights Spider-Man. If you have no proof, its bullshit.

Even more so, I did a search on CBR, Marvel.com, Newsrama, and Google. There is no proof or annoucement. Bull-Pissing-Shit... Like I said. I'm trying to find reliable proof of it. CBR posters usually aren't wrong on this kind of stuff. I know I believe it.

EDIT:
Superhero Hype

There. I found it. So much for your "Bull-Pissing-Shit" theory, huh?

BTW, I wouldn't make a thread on this kind of stuff unless I was damn near sure.

Neo Darkhalen
Does not matter if you were not sure, it has given us a topic to talk about on here.

VenomCarnage21
Originally posted by Arachnid1
Like I said. I'm trying to find reliable proof of it. CBR posters usually aren't wrong on this kind of stuff. I know I believe it.

EDIT:
Superhero Hype

There. I found it. So much for your "Bull-Pissing-Shit" theory, huh?

BTW, I wouldn't make a thread on this kind of stuff unless I was damn near sure.
Jesus Christ! That news clearly is outdated! 1st, the post doesn't say anything about Slott or BND! 2nd, that link clearly says "Eddie Brock to return in SENSATIONAL Spider-Man, NOT ASM! Lastly, this news is from EARLY 2007! Its about "The Last Temptation of Eddie Brock", a 2-part story, that DID NOT BRING BACK OLD VENOM!!!

What the hell is wrong with people?!? You make up this bullshit, I call you out on it' so you dig up some old unrelated news and call ME full of it!

Get the **** out of here with this crap...

harri
ok that may be bullcrap but who in the blue hell are u?

Neo Darkhalen
Jesus Christ! That news clearly is outdated! 1st, the post doesn't say anything about Slott or BND! 2nd, that link clearly says "Eddie Brock to return in SENSATIONAL Spider-Man, NOT ASM! Lastly, this news is from EARLY 2007! Its about "The Last Temptation of Eddie Brock", a 2-part story, that DID NOT BRING BACK OLD VENOM!!!

What the hell is wrong with people?!? You make up this bullshit, I call you out on it' so you dig up some old unrelated news and call ME full of it!

Not all of us.

Arachnid1

First off, up yours buddy.

Second, stfu and wait a while. I just made a thread on it. If its true or not, I tell you in a second, and even then, I'll either be proved wrong or right in the Spidey vs Thunderbolts arc.

Neo Darkhalen
Wow I have never seen A1 get like this.

Arachnid1
Wow I have never seen A1 get like this. I'm fine. Just this dude I don't even know comming in here and spouting all kinds of sh*t from his first post. I mean christ, it that hard to just prove me wrong without acting like a total jerkoff? Seriously. Just give me some f***ing time to verify it. Its what I've been trying to do since I made the thread. erm

Neo Darkhalen
I agree he should not speak to you like that, at the end of the day regardless of if Eddie does come back, you have provided us with a topic.

Arachnid1
I agree he should not speak to you like that, at the end of the day regardless of if Eddie does come back, you have provided us with a topic. Topic that I hope to god is true. With Gargan dead, theres no better time for Eddie to come back.

harri
lol who the hell is that guy? aggresive idiot! man some geeks!bash

Yoshi Paradise
hmm I wonder why there's always animosity whenever I'm offline.

Anyway, I would laugh uncontrollably if another one of Spiderman's villains gets the symbiote instead of Eddie Brock.

harri
nowing marvel these days i wouldn't be surprised!

Neo Darkhalen
hmm I wonder why there's always animosity whenever I'm offline.

Anyway, I would laugh uncontrollably if another one of Spiderman's villains gets the symbiote instead of Eddie Brock.

Would that be annoyed/shocked laughter or regular laughter?

Yoshi Paradise
It depends on the villain chosen to get the symbiote.

Neo Darkhalen
Fair point.

Menetnashté
It depends on the villain chosen to get the symbiote.
Mysterio!

Yoshi Paradise

Neo Darkhalen
that would be...interesting.

ankur29
they could have bought eddie back , returned gargan as scoprion(which i think they should do) and let spiderman be with his recent build up of story & powers without resorting to BND!

VenomCarnage21
I have all the right to assume the worst. I mean, who makes a topic stating a fact and NOT posting any proof? You don't create a thread saying "Spider-Man 4 WILL feature Kraven the Hunter" and then say "I don't have a link, just wait til 20XX and you'll see whether I'm right or wrong."

And I still can't get past the link you provided being a link about a story arc that came out in 2007 and posting it as if that link confirmed Eddie Brock was coming back as Venom in the here-&-now. You have no proof to provide, fine. But don't get so desperate that you'll scavenge any website for an unrelated link just to save face. BTW, I was one of the 1st people on SHH to post that info regarding "The Last Temptation of Eddie Brock", the story arc you chose to base the "BND/Venom" claim on, which has nothing to do with said claim.

Now, if you do have some proof, that's fine. I won't apologize (just so you know ahead of time) because you should have posted proof to begin with, and apologizing or congratulating you for something you should have done by default is bass ackwards. But as far as where you stand, your claim that old Venom is coming back without proof is about as credible as when wikipedia said Eddie Brock would get the symbiote back BEFORE the theatical release of Spider-Man 3...

Now, I'll chill with the attitude, but I stand where I am. Now I'm off to create a thread called "Master Chief Is Going To Be In Smash Bros. 4!!! - I have no proof!!!" and I expect 3 pages of posts.

Neo Darkhalen
I can see your point VC21 but do you two really need to bash one another?

Yoshi Paradise
laughing out loud It happened again.

Neo Darkhalen
Ha laughing out loud

VenomCarnage21
I never bashed anyone, just the idea of...ya know, this is getting nowhere. I never bashed him, nor did I say Eddie Brock won't return, but this topic could have & would have worked if the title was "Spider-Man vs. the Thunderbolts - Eddie Brock COULD Return as Venom" and it was a speculation topic. My issue isn't that I don't believe Eddie COULD become Venom again, but how he chose to annouce this 'fact' and convienently decided NOT to give us proof. Either we just accept it because he tells us to, or wait until the event itself (which we could have done anyway, further proving why this should have been a speculation topic and not an "officially true" topic)

I guess no one else minds seeing a "Eddie Brock Is Going To Return!!!!" topic and after reading the 1st post, getting slapped in the face after having their hopes up. But since you guys don't mind, I'll let you cats continue to blindly go along with this. Heh..."Eddie Brock is coming back! I'm definately, probably sure." What the...? That didn't accomplish anything! We're BACK WHERE WE STARTED! I wanna go home...

harri
i understand were that aggresive guy is coming from if you had put false evidence on the thead that was wrong and i think you should probaly apoligize, however on the other hand if the aggresive guy is wrong i think he should apoligize to you ok? smile

Neo Darkhalen
I never bashed anyone, just the idea of...ya know, this is getting nowhere. I never bashed him, nor did I say Eddie Brock won't return, but this topic could have & would have worked if the title was "Spider-Man vs. the Thunderbolts - Eddie Brock COULD Return as Venom" and it was a speculation topic. My issue isn't that I don't believe Eddie COULD become Venom again, but how he chose to annouce this 'fact' and convienently decided NOT to give us proof. Either we just accept it because he tells us to, or wait until the event itself (which we could have done anyway, further proving why this should have been a speculation topic and not an "officially true" topic)

I guess no one else minds seeing a "Eddie Brock Is Going To Return!!!!" topic and after reading the 1st post, getting slapped in the face after having their hopes up. But since you guys don't mind, I'll let you cats continue to blindly go along with this. Heh..."Eddie Brock is coming back! I'm definately, probably sure." What the...? That didn't accomplish anything! We're BACK WHERE WE STARTED! I wanna go home...

Once again fair point, TBH most of us are so fed up of Gargan that anything regardless of if it is a lie about Eddies return, we get hyped up about it, after all thats all we have; since we are on the subject who's bright idea was it to get rid of eddie in the first place?

Ptr_Grifin
I am a little skeptical of this. The topic was posted on April 1st. But the thread started has kept posting as if it weren't an April fools joke.

ScarletSpeed
big grin thank **** for that laughing out loud, Hope he comes back all Lethal Protector stylesmile

Arachnid1
Originally posted by harri
lol who the hell is that guy? aggresive idiot! man some geeks!bash Nah, its cool. I kind of lost my temper too.

EDIT:

I guess no one else minds seeing a "Eddie Brock Is Going To Return!!!!" topic and after reading the 1st post, getting slapped in the face after having their hopes up. But since you guys don't mind, I'll let you cats continue to blindly go along with this. Heh..."Eddie Brock is coming back! I'm definately, probably sure." What the...? That didn't accomplish anything! We're BACK WHERE WE STARTED! I wanna go home... BTW, sorry for loosing my temper there. I'm usually not like that. Just let me find a newer source.

Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
I am a little skeptical of this. The topic was posted on April 1st. But the thread started has kept posting as if it weren't an April fools joke. This isn't an april fools joke. I truely think eddie is going to return. I'm just looking for some verification.

Also, I never noticed I posted this april 1st. laughing out loud

Yoshi Paradise
petpet It's okay, Arachnid.

Anyway, if Eddie Brock gets the symbiote back, I'll be anxious to see if Venom will have a slightly different appearance.

Arachnid1

Anyway, if Eddie Brock gets the symbiote back, I'll be anxious to see if Venom will have a slightly different appearance. Don't see why. It still bonded with Spiderman so if it rebonded with eddie, the results should be the same.

Anyway, if I don't find a source by tommorrow evening, I'm giving up. I already have a hunch as to what happened, but I'm not sure about it yet so wait.

Yoshi Paradise
Yeah, but Marvel might do something different this time.

I wouldn't want them to, but it's possible.

Arachnid1
Yeah, but Marvel might do something different this time.

I wouldn't want them to, but it's possible. I guess, but I still doubt they would.

Anyway, I'm going to get off now. I have two science packets for my text book, som vocab (a lot actually), a folder project to complete, and an essay to rewrite. Its all due tomorrow. God, tonight is going to suck.

Yoshi Paradise
Knowing Marvel, they would be willing to try anything.

Anyway, good luck on that homework thumb up

Arachnid1
Knowing Marvel, they would be willing to try anything.

Anyway, good luck on that homework thumb up Thanks. Later.

Yoshi Paradise
See you later.

Neo Darkhalen
Don't see why. It still bonded with Spiderman so if it rebonded with eddie, the results should be the same.

Anyway, if I don't find a source by tommorrow evening, I'm giving up. I already have a hunch as to what happened, but I'm not sure about it yet so wait.

They better go back to the 80's/90's look, he looks awful with those weird tube things in his arms and his eyes shaped within the aliens eye mask, Venom should revert back to his old look.

Menetnashté
Yeah the eyes inside the alien mask looks to spawn-esque.

Neo Darkhalen
I was never much for them.

BruceSkywalker
Hopefully Eddie?Venom will also have his own comic book again..

Arachnid1
Good news and bad news.

Bad=

Well, my time limit has been up for a while, so I give up. 616 Venom is not coming back.

Good=

Eddie Brock Venom is returning. His ultimate version anyway.

steverules
I have to go slit my wrists...I want 616 venom but nooooo...they ruin it and don't bring him back those bastards...GOSH!

Ptr_Grifin
This isn't an april fools joke. I truely think eddie is going to return. I'm just looking for some verification.

Also, I never noticed I posted this april 1st. laughing out loud

I thought so. I wasn't calling you out because you seemed serious enough. I really hope he returns as well.

Anyway, if Eddie Brock gets the symbiote back, I'll be anxious to see if Venom will have a slightly different appearance.

Hopefully he will get the classic spider back on his chest as well as the regular eyes. Other changes would be interesting though. I wonder if Eddie does get it back, will he be skinny because of the cancer?

Before Eddie gave up the symbiote he did eat the original Carnage symbiote. I imagine that gave him a strength boost. Plus it had been on scorpion a while, and I think that MacGargan is stronger than a normal human, maybe it will give him another boost?

Arachnid1
I have to go slit my wrists...I want 616 venom but nooooo...they ruin it and don't bring him back those bastards...GOSH! He's not comminf back. Ultimate Venom is.

Speaking of comming back, I see you've returned Steve.

Dammit. Why did you come back? stick out tongue

Yoshi Paradise
Steve came back this past Monday, and his 18th birthday was today (Tuesday).
Originally posted by Ptr_Grifin
Hopefully he will get the classic spider back on his chest as well as the regular eyes. Other changes would be interesting though. I wonder if Eddie does get it back, will he be skinny because of the cancer?

Before Eddie gave up the symbiote he did eat the original Carnage symbiote. I imagine that gave him a strength boost. Plus it had been on scorpion a while, and I think that MacGargan is stronger than a normal human, maybe it will give him another boost?
If 616 Eddie Brock ever gets the symbiote back, I hope that he'll regain his muscular build, along with other enhancements.

The Spider symbol on his chest would be required, of course.

Arachnid1
I hope your birthday was hell steve. HELL!

Also, I seem to remember you saying you'd kill me if I didn't make a birthday thread for you.

NO BIRTHDAY THREAD FOR YOU STEVE! MUHUAHAHAHAHHAHAAH!!! Happy Dance

Yoshi Paradise
Well, Bruce made him a birthday thread, which is why Steve spared your life. wink

Anyway, what kind of enhancements do you think that Eddie Brock will get if he ever gets the Venom symbiote back?

Arachnid1
Well, Bruce made him a birthday thread, which is why Steve spared your life. wink

Anyway, what kind of enhancements do you think that Eddie Brock will get if he ever gets the Venom symbiote back? Dammit! Every time I think I've won something against steve, something swoops in and grabs victory from the jaws of defeat!

Damn you steve. Damn you.

I don't think eddie will get any enhancements. I think he'll be the same as always. There are some villains you never change. Ever. Green gobin and Ock to name a few. Venom is with them too.

steverules
He's not comminf back. Ultimate Venom is.

Speaking of comming back, I see you've returned Steve.

Dammit. Why did you come back? stick out tongue

Well I came back so I could win over and over against you...pwn you like I always do, seems this time I won again and I didn't even have to say anything...better luck next time arachnid, though I doubt it'll help you ever beat me I'm just to damn good Happy Dance How is life as urine dust these days? stick out tongue And my birthday was very good

Neo Darkhalen
how this place goes off topic so fast. stick out tongue

steverules
Well now we know Eddie's (616) not coming back, there's not much else to do

Neo Darkhalen
True, but damn I was so hyped for that.

steverules
Me to...I'm not gonna give up hoping he'll return some day

Neo Darkhalen
Me to...I'm not gonna give up hoping he'll return some day

Of course, as Yoshi said it is an inevitability.

Phantom Zone
closedeyes It was expected.

Of course getting red of Eddie is like getting rid of Stever Rogers it cant be permanent. Eddie to Venom is what Steve is to Cap.....he cant be replaced.

Arachnid1
Well I came back so I could win over and over against you...pwn you like I always do, seems this time I won again and I didn't even have to say anything...better luck next time arachnid, though I doubt it'll help you ever beat me I'm just to damn good Happy Dance How is life as urine dust these days? stick out tongue And my birthday was very good I will win someday steve. Just wait. shifty

Neo Darkhalen
I just realised, in the new timeline Harry still alive, that means he never saved Norman and he never went to Europe, which means he would be dead and as such he no longer runs the thunderbolts, however since he never went to europe, he never got captured and imprisoned when he returned which means Marvel Knights never happened which means Gargan never received the Symbiote, because Norman was never around to set up marvel knights and use Gargan as a pawn and because of that he never found the symbiote, which I guess in a sense must mean Eddie still has the symbiote.

And even if he is still alive the only reason he returned was because of Harry going mad and then getting killed off.

In this timeline Eddie may have never had his change of heart either, so Venom (Eddie Brock) may indeed return but not for a while.

Menetnashté
I'm pretty sure Spidey just isn't married anymore and aunt may is alive, only change...otherwise thousands of things would change and it'd be ridiculous.

Neo Darkhalen

symbiosis
Although I'd like for that to be true, Spider-man, Harry, or Norman had no effect on why Brock gave up the symbiote. Plus I think you've probobly given more thought on how all this affects Venom than any of the marvel writers.

Neo Darkhalen
Does this mean Carnage is still dead?

symbiosis
yeah spider-man didn't have anything to do with that either. The sentry would have ripped him in half regardless, if spider-man were there or not.

Neo Darkhalen
I hate all of this timeline nonsense.

I mean if the MK issues never happened then we can never be sure that he gave away the symbiote hell, for all we know Venom may never have exsisted...(I know it's Venom, but how Marvel are now I don't know, it seems like they would get rid of him for sales.)

symbiosis
I know. I hate all of this new timeline crap too! I hope they find a way to erase all this crap and go back to the way things were.... at least then we knew who was dead and who was alive. Maybe OMD and BND will turn out to be some dream world, maybe the skrulls captured spider-man and this is what they have done to all the superheros they've captured to distract them from realizing that they have been captured!

Neo Darkhalen
Yeah the skrulls are gathering info from Spider-Man and as a side effect he is in a sleep, doubt that would be true but it would explain how Spider-Man got mugged in the first BND, without his spider sense going off.

symbiosis
I also doubt it, but who really knows with Marvel anymore!

Neo Darkhalen
Marvel love there inconsistency's and now they have photoshop....wow i can do negative effects, lets make Mr. Negative.

VenomCarnage21
Eddie Brock Is Going To Return!

AND I have proof! Something this thread severly lacked!

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20196484,00.html

Brock might NOT be this new...errgh...Anti-Venom, but he is coming back, Venom or not.

Neo Darkhalen
Anti-Venom????

Bad Ash231
Anti-Venom????

BruceSkywalker

Brock might NOT be this new...errgh...Anti-Venom, but he is coming back, Venom or not.

I hope that this a ruse to cover up the fact the Venom/Eddie will be than ever.

Magic_attack

Be careful not to break your arm patting yourself on the back. smile

Neo Darkhalen
Originally posted by Bad Ash231

No..............................no no Anti.............no.

Arachnid1

Brock might NOT be this new...errgh...Anti-Venom, but he is coming back, Venom or not. Technically, Eddie Brock did return. And I had proof. Of his ultimate version anyway. eek!

Neo Darkhalen
Meh don't care about Ult. Venom, VC21 has brought the real news, the good news.

Arachnid1
Meh don't care about Ult. Venom, VC21 has brought the real news, the good news.

It looks like you don't even like the Anti Venom. erm

Neo Darkhalen
No i don't, at first i thought he was talking about regular Venom but then....Anti.....ugh

Arachnid1
No i don't, at first i thought he was talking about regular Venom but then....Anti.....ugh Maybe thats not even Eddie. He did say he doesn't know if its Eddie. Just that Eddie is returning.

Neo Darkhalen
I don't know, this Anti Venom could be something good, but what with Marvel recently, it's hard to be enthusiastic about him, i look forward to Anti's debut, but you think they would have named him better.

Arachnid1
I don't know, this Anti Venom could be something good, but what with Marvel recently, it's hard to be enthusiastic about him, i look forward to Anti's debut, but you think they would have named him better. At least he still has Venom in the name. Better anti venom than something new and lame like Destiny or Desruction.

Neo Darkhalen
Indeed, and he's not exactly a child of Venom so it makes sense, sort of, just what is the Anti of Venom?

harri
i think it's kaven the hunter but i also think eddie will be back as venom against the green goblin!

Toku King
I'd love to see Eddie Brock as Venom and the original Green Goblin fight. Now there's a fight for the ages.

harri
venom i think will win, but knowing marvel they will fight for like 1 page!

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Toku King
I'd love to see Eddie Brock as Venom and the original Green Goblin fight. Now there's a fight for the ages. That would be a good fight but no way marvel would let the green goblin loost to venom. To them, Goblin is villian numero uno. Venom comes in third.

Plus, Goblin would probably outsmart venom anyway. Then again, maybe he won't have too. pumpkin bombs explode and the Venom suits weakness' are fire and sonics.

But in a straight out fist fight, Venom woul win no doubt. Goblin is an experianced and talented fighter, but in the end, he's only on spidermans level in terms of strength.

harri
don't know since venom is so popular with kids and all that. they will prob make them fight to a stalemate like with the hobgoblin.

Toku King
That would be a good fight but no way marvel would let the green goblin loost to venom. To them, Goblin is villian numero uno. Venom comes in third.

Plus, Goblin would probably outsmart venom anyway. Then again, maybe he won't have too. pumpkin bombs explode and the Venom suits weakness' are fire and sonics.

But in a straight out fist fight, Venom woul win no doubt. Goblin is an experianced and talented fighter, but in the end, he's only on spidermans level in terms of strength.

With standard equipment, I'd give it the Green Goblin 6/10. Straight up h2h, I'd say Venom 6/10.

Neo Darkhalen
Venom would pwn the Goblin and we all know it.

Magic_attack
Venom takes a majority over GG.

Neo Darkhalen
If Spider-Man can do it then a better Spider-Man can definitely do it.

Magic_attack

That is how I look at the fight.

I know the pumpkin bombs and flight are in GG's favor, but GG has the same advantage over Peter. And Peter is just Venom-lite.

Did Peter ever fight GG with the black suit (venom)?

Micheal_Myers
Venom could take Green Goblin, with or without weapons. Green Goblin rules, and Venom is kinda over rated, but there is no denying that he is tougher than GG.

Magic_attack
Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
Venom is kinda over rated,

Oh my god. you just said ....

RUN. I will try and hold them off. Venom Fanboys are glaring at that statement while foaming at the mouth. RUN

*For the people with no sense of humor* That was a joke. The statement that Michael made is his opinion. There happens to be a lot of Venom fans on this board. So I made a statement about Michael making a mistake by letting everyone know what he thinks of Venom. The joke isnt that funny, but it was the best I could come up with on such short notice.

Micheal_Myers
I love long explanation. Lol. Venom is easily my favorite Spidey character. But it takes an idiot to not see how over rated he is.

Magic_attack
Originally posted by Micheal_Myers
I love long explanation. Lol. Venom is easily my favorite Spidey character. But it takes an idiot to not see how over rated he is.

I like Venom too, and I also agree some people on the forums seem to take their favorite characters a little to far.

Bad Ash231
Originally posted by Magic_attack
I like Venom too, and I also agree some people on the forums seem to take their favorite characters a little to far.

Neo once went completely ape shit when I said something bad about Venom and warned me about the wrath of Venom fanboys. laughing out loud

Magic_attack
Neo once went completely ape shit when I said something bad about Venom and warned me about the wrath of Venom fanboys. laughing out loud

Neo is a good guy, and I know he likes his Venom. smile

Neo Darkhalen

I love you really. stick out tongue

hug please tell me you never took it seriously?

Magic_attack
I love you really. stick out tongue

hug please tell me you never took it seriously?

cool

Arachnid1
If Spider-Man can do it then a better Spider-Man can definitely do it. Not when the person this better spiderman is fighting is both smarter than him, and has advantages speed and equipment wise. Theres also the fact that he can fly. Goblin wins, and we all know it.

Neo Darkhalen
No the better Spider-Man ala Venom, would easily defeat the GG, let's be honest Venom could just camouflage himself, the goblin would wonder where he was and then Venom would snack on his brain.

Arachnid1
No the better Spider-Man ala Venom, would easily defeat the GG, let's be honest Venom could just camouflage himself, the goblin would wonder where he was and then Venom would snack on his brain. A few smoke bombs would reveal his location. Plus, GG could just fly high into the sky and what for venom to sling a web out to give away his position. GG would win.

Neo Darkhalen
How would they, Venom has natural camouflage, plus the power of Spider-Man, plus other tricks under his sleeves, Venom would pwn GG.

Venom is also fast so how will GG make a hit with smoke in the air.

harri
I think venom would take it 10/10, i'm not just saying this but i do think venom is better, he's stronger,faster,more careful and is much much better! but that's just my opinion. But i think if they do fight none of them would win, draw

Magic_attack
I think venom would take it 10/10, i'm not just saying this but i do think venom is better, he's stronger,faster,more careful and is much much better! but that's just my opinion. But i think if they do fight none of them would win, draw

Dammit harri. mad

Neo Darkhalen
Of course he would.

Arachnid1
How would they, Venom has natural camouflage, plus the power of Spider-Man, plus other tricks under his sleeves, Venom would pwn GG.

Venom is also fast so how will GG make a hit with smoke in the air. As a smoke bomb on the ground. Or something close it (mist). Not so it would effect venom, but it would give his position away. And even if this didn't work, he could just fly high into the air and rain down bombs untill Venom gives his position away by attacking. Then, he would bomb him.

And it doesn't matter if he has the power of spiderman because goblin would outsmart him.

Goblin is smarter

Goblin is more cunning

Goblin is faster (its been stated in comics by venom himself that spiderman was faster than him. He just had a strength, no spider sense, and camoflauge advantage)

Goblin has his weakness

Goblin is just plain out better.

BTW, Goblin is more careful. He doesn't just go straight to hunting the prey (spiderman) from the begining. He attacks his mind and comes up with all his own little plans to completely destroy spiderman. Venom is a risk taker, but Goblin actually uses his mind.

GG holds all the cards. GG would wtf pwn Venom. GG>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Venom

Neo Darkhalen
In the beginning Venom was faster, what did he get dumbed down or something?

Last i checked he was still faster then Spider-Man.

Arachnid1
In the beginning Venom was faster, what did he get dumbed down or something?

Last i checked he was still faster then Spider-Man. He's not faster. The reason he was always able to get the drop on spiderman was thanks to camafluage and no spidey sense.

He may have started out with more speed, but I know for a fact that they thats no longer true (if I had to guess, its probably to try to match their proportions. Since venom is huge, they made him slow. Sicne spiderman is small, they made him faster than Venom. Just a guess though). To answer your question, I guess he did get dumbed down.

AngryManatee
Reaction-wise Venom is not quite as fast as Spider-Man, but actual speed he's got to be at least as fast as him to effectively stalk spidey around a city for hours without being left behind and without being seen. Not to mention he's performed feats that show him being as fast or faster than spidey.

Not to mention Venom wouldn't be going for the whole "We're gonna torture you some before killing you because we hate you so much" bit with GG. He could just as easily slip a tendril aroung GG's neck and strangle him. If GG has a hard time fighting Spidey, he's gonne just get raped by Venom.

Arachnid1
Strangle green goblin with a tendril? He can have fun with that. A tendril does not have the strength to do that. Venoms hands, sure, but not a tendril. Also, I already stated Goblin would loose in hand to hand combat, but he's not dumb enough to try to go hand to hand with Venom.

I say goblin would win because of his many advantages over Venom. If he uses his powers right, he would win.

As for the reaction thing, maybe your right there. That part was my mistake. Spiderman is more agile than Venom.

Toku King

And if Spider-Man can outsmart Venom then GG can do it better.

Neo Darkhalen
He never really out smarts him, not in the first lot of comics anyway, he uses the symbiote as his own weakness in them.

Magic_attack
GG isn't outsmarting Venom better than Peter. roll eyes (sarcastic)

harri
venom can kill gg with a tendril....i'm sure of it

Arachnid1
And if Spider-Man can outsmart Venom then GG can do it better. I was thinking the same thing.

He never really out smarts him, not in the first lot of comics anyway, he uses the symbiote as his own weakness in them.

Originally posted by Magic_attack
GG isn't outsmarting Venom better than Peter. roll eyes (sarcastic) Goblin is just as smart of not smarter than Peter, and the only way Peter beats Venom is by outsmarting him. I'm sure there were a bunch times where Peter couldn't exploit Venoms weakness so instead, he outsmarted him.

GG is like a smarter, more ruthless peter. Peter would never try to kill or do anything too brutal to Venom, but GG would make it hell. He would make sure he really hurt his enemies.

They wouldn't use the same tactic to beat Venom over and over again, because that would get borring.

GG would outsmart Spiderman.

venom can kill gg with a tendril....i'm sure of it No tendril is ever going to strangle anyone with superstrength. Especially Goblin. Plus, it would be stupid of Venom to go that close. He goes that close, and he'll take a bomb to the face.

Neo Darkhalen
He does have a tendency to get that close, taking a shotgun blast to the face and holding to support beams in the middle of the fire and coming out uninjured, as for goblin and peter on the same level....yeah why not, he built his glider and Peter built his webshooters.

Arachnid1
He does have a tendency to get that close, taking a shotgun blast to the face and holding to support beams in the middle of the fire and coming out uninjured, as for goblin and peter on the same level....yeah why not, he built his glider and Peter built his webshooters. This isn't just a fire. Its a bomb exploding right next to him.

Also, the fire was probably having an effect on him while he was holding the support beam. That, or the fire wasn't even touching him.

Neo Darkhalen
All i know is that he is there holding the metal beams, saying HOO-HA while the flames burn around him.

Arachnid1
All i know is that he is there holding the metal beams, saying HOO-HA while the flames burn around him. HOO-HA?

Never heard Venom say that before. Its so out of character. Thats more of a Spidergirl thing to scream laughing out loud

Also, I dont think flames burning around him would affect him too much. I always though he has to be directly touching the flames for it to have any real effect on him.

Symbiotic
HOO-HA?

Never heard Venom say that before. Its so out of character. Thats more of a Spidergirl thing to scream laughing out loud

Also, I dont think flames burning around him would affect him too much. I always though he has to be directly touching the flames for it to have any real effect on him.

Surprisingly enough, the earlier writers thought "hoo-ha" was a really cool thing to say and used it all the time. hysterical It sounds funny now, but it was actually a part of the Venom character. Here's the time Neo mentioned:

Neo Darkhalen
he said it quite a few times in the 90's.

Toku King
Originally posted by Symbiotic
Surprisingly enough, the earlier writers thought "hoo-ha" was a really cool thing to say and used it all the time. hysterical It sounds funny now, but it was actually a part of the Venom character. Here's the time Neo mentioned:

................Wow.

Symbiotic
................Wow.

confused

kiekan
HOO-HA?

As was stated before, writters frequently had him saying "Hoo-ha" in the 90's.

Fire affects the symbiote even when in close proximity. He doesn't have to be touching the flames for them to have an effect.

Arachnid1
Originally posted by Symbiotic
confused I see london. I see france. I see aunt mays boobs. droolio

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>