Star Wars on Spike tv

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Yup, ep.s I, II, and III, will be playing back to back. Followed by ep.'s IV, V, and VII.

I'm watching ep 1 now..

FistOfThe North
Opps, Ep. VI, i meant.

Alliance
There's also Unleashed clips sprinkeld around.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Alliance
There's also Unleashed clips sprinkeld around.

I did see clips during the pod race that i've never seen before.

Elite Hunter
I love how TNT is countering the prequel trilogy with the Lord of the Rings Trilogy for the weekend.

Schecter
i'll be watching lotr then.

Elite Hunter
LTOR is always on like every 3 weeks so I'll be watching sw.

queeq
Oh oh.... LOTR vs. SW?

sithsaber408
StarWars is the winner:

Spike TV also was successful in drawing viewers away from TNT's telecast of The Lord of the Rings trilogy, which aired head-to-head Friday-Sunday nights. The three Star Wars films on Spike averaged 3,462,000 total viewers compared to 2,698,000 for Lord of the Rings on TNT. Spike TV was #1 in cable for total viewers, M18-34 (485,000), M18-49 (1,132,000), and P18-49 (1,792,000) for primetime April 4-6 with the Star Wars telecasts. In fact, the network only trailed CBS (NCAA Final Four) in all of television during the weekend in drawing M18-49 and M18-34.

http://www.theforce.net/latestnews/story/The_Force_Is_With_Spike_TV_113756.asp

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by Schecter
i'll be watching lotr then.

"Even the trees walked in that movie...!"

Neo_Version 7
I always thought that bit was somewhat biased. Oh, yeah. It was.

Schecter
Originally posted by Sadako of Girth

hehehehe

well it all comes down to a choice:

walking or whining

chik4lit
Actually, in LOTR there was walking and whining.

Schecter
touche

queeq
laughing out loud

Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud
Absolutely. While Frodo and co win in terms of constant-output of whinging and moaning, no one winges with the unbridled passion and unreserved power of the Skywalkers in short bursts.

A tough stand off, that one.

queeq
But then there's Toshi Station.

smoker4

pillow pant lol

Sadako of Girth
laughing out loud "Ooooooooooh....CAKE!!!!"
Love the new sig/avvy..!!!
Ko-Ko would've wanted them that way..... stick out tongue

Of course Queeqster, the infamous power converters rant is a big argument settler in isolation, but when you consider that Luke had shut up with his whining by the opening of "Return of the Jedi", whereas Frodo is shown to be STILL whinging and moaning long after the destruction of his ring in "Return of the King", the outcome looks less certain on the whinge front, the more I think about it.

I guess we have to give whinging to the Skywalkers for Torshe, but only by half-a-length.

smoker4
laughing out loud "Ooooooooooh....CAKE!!!!"
Love the new sig/avvy..!!!
Ko-Ko would've wanted them that way..... stick out tongue

Of course Queeqster, the infamous power converters rant is a big argument settler in isolation, but when you consider that Luke had shut up with his whining by the opening of "Return of the Jedi", whereas Frodo is shown to be STILL whinging and moaning long after the destruction of his ring in "Return of the King", the outcome looks less certain on the whinge front, the more I think about it.

I guess we have to give whinging to the Skywalkers for Torshe, but only by half-a-length.

I have to be careful though 'im heading into a very dangerous zone'

Not enough smoothness in either trilogy, although through deleted scenes we learn that luke had balls the size of small moons and needed to get his 3 way freak on at torshe and played his aunt and uncle which is kinda dark sided. (fan boy cry)

Schecter
0yGh7iNQAFw

queeq
But it's true: Luke stops whining, Anakin doesn't and neither does Frodo.

chik4lit
Then you have to look at Anakin, the perpetually crowned king of pissing and moaning.

queeq
Indeed.

Sadako of Girth
Originally posted by smoker4
I have to be careful though 'im heading into a very dangerous zone'

Not enough smoothness in either trilogy, although through deleted scenes we learn that luke had balls the size of small moons and needed to get his 3 way freak on at torshe and played his aunt and uncle which is kinda dark sided. (fan boy cry)

That was unexpected pimping, it's true.
It might have been that frustration and the constant sun that made him want to do rude things to his sister. sick

Originally posted by chik4lit
Then you have to look at Anakin, the perpetually crowned king of pissing and moaning.

But Anakin's screen-whinge-time was 6hrs+, whereas Frodo's was 12 hrs+ in special edition form.

So can we rightly compare whole halfday of constant, unabashed, unreserved, unimpeded, unrestricted twatty jaw-flapping from Frodo...? shifty

Initially I thought the Skywalkers'd be able to walk away with this one, but now Im not so convinced.

Sesse
That is life.

Owen and Beru... BOTH are children of Shmi and Clieg.

They had sex regulary and soon they had to send their small children away... This happened year after year... Older children became sand people. Younger ones are jawas.

Kapton JAC
There is something about the Skywalkers whining. Anakin did it, Luke did it, and even Cade does it

queeq
No EU!

Originally posted by Sesse
That is life.

Owen and Beru... BOTH are children of Shmi and Clieg.

They had sex regulary and soon they had to send their small children away... This happened year after year... Older children became sand people. Younger ones are jawas.

Makes sense. Bet they made a lot of deformed children.

Master_Starbuck
Originally posted by Elite Hunter
I love how TNT is countering the prequel trilogy with the Lord of the Rings Trilogy for the weekend.

Haha, TNT loses then.

Star Wars rips Lord of the Rings a new one. laughing

queeq
Prove it.

chik4lit
With a theorem?

queeq
For instance.

sithsaber408
Well, I posted the ratings for the weekend, in which Starwars beat LOTR handily... if that's what you mean.

I don't know if the poster meant that TNT looses on ratings because people prefer Starwars to LOTR (likely) or that they loose because Starwars is a better film series than LOTR.

Of course, I'd say he's right on both counts. stick out tongue

queeq
Happy Dance

sweersa
Looks like Lord of the Rings spanks the Prequels by the ratings on IMDb.

But Star Wars has more viewers on television? Maybe because Star Wars is rarely ever on regular cable networks.

I have never watched a LOTR movie in full yet. Just doesn't look like my thing...besides, there is only Return of the and it is of the Jedi, Hahaha.

Lord Knightfa11
ill have you know that return of the king was thought up long before george lucas had the idea on a trip to make a magical sci fi universe....

queeq
Like "Return of.." is such a creative title. I think there prolly already was one prior to the forced LOTR breakup into three novels.

Lord Knightfa11
Doubt it.

queeq
MOvies, just a pick:

The Return of Draw Egan (1916)
The Return of Monte Cristo (1946)
Return of a Stranger (1937)
The Return of Becky (1912)
The Return of Captain John (1912)
The Return of Carol Deane (1938)
The Return of Clara Deane (1935)
Return of Company 'D' (1911)
The Return of Crime (1913)

And many many more...

Lord Knightfa11
dem, forget it.

sweersa
It is almost like having The in the title. Star Wars was almost called The Star Wars.

lol

Lord Knightfa11
hmm. we still would have reverted to calling it star wars. for ease and the like.

queeq
TSW... hmmm.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.