Dariks Boot and Nuke questions

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grey fox
Ok, I'm going to use the free downloaded program 'Dariks Boot and Nuke' to wipe out my PC , however I'm being cautious and have a few questions.

1. How long does the process take ? Some people say days others say hours or even minutes.

2. I may sell the Tower on or Store it for emergency use (I haven't decided yet), how would I go about re-installing windows (since everyone tells me the program practically renders your PC a blank slate)

3. If someone could give me a general run through of what I'll have to do i'd be grateful.

I'm not a very computer savvy person, so I may ask more questions , ok.

sweersa
Just re-format your hard drive and install windows using a windows setup installation CD. Make sure you have the drivers of your hardware on hand ready after you install windows.

If you have any questions google is your best friend.

grey fox
By driver, I assume you mean the individual programs ?

Supes Vs. Bats
Originally posted by grey fox
Ok, I'm going to use the free downloaded program 'Dariks Boot and Nuke' to wipe out my PC , however I'm being cautious and have a few questions.

1. How long does the process take ? Some people say days others say hours or even minutes.

2. I may sell the Tower on or Store it for emergency use (I haven't decided yet), how would I go about re-installing windows (since everyone tells me the program practically renders your PC a blank slate)

What is on there you want to hide?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.