Your Lightsabers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Julie
How many lightsabers do you own?
I would like to go out and buy one of those nice really really expensive ones but for now I have to stick with the cheap ones...I have 2 of Darth MAul's lightsabers...
2 Qui gon Jinn's lightsabers...
and I guess you could count the 3 lightsabers that are pens and came with cearal

LanceWindu
I have a Dooku one from cereal

And I have a light-up Darth Maul saber.

I want more though

Julie
yea mee too...I want to eventually get a blue one.....maybe Anakin's that lights up and makes the sounds...I haven't opened one of Qui gon's

LanceWindu
I want one that makes sounds too.

Maybe Dooku's

mah
I have an Anakin AOTC one, light-up, sounds.

LanceWindu
Lucky.

How much did it cost?

mah
think it's 39 dollars.

LanceWindu
*whistles*

Too much money for me.

I only got $16.

I would have $30, but I rented some movies yesterday

mah
ah, actually its at 23$ on amazon.com. I payd crap-loads more for it when I bought it (holiday in spain). 48Euros or something...darn!

LanceWindu
But then I'd probably have to buy batteries.

Captain REX
I have a miniature Anakin AOTC lightsaber. Lights up, make sounds. Bought it at Disneyland. Gave it to my 3-year-old cousin out of the kindness of my heart. big grin

Julie
What a nice guy.....I think I want to get the light up Anakin one....becuase it's blue and I don't have a blue one yet...perhaps for Christmas.

Julie
give me one good reason why I should buy the really really expensive lightsaber instead of the cheap one.

Ushgarak
You can look down on the people with the cheap ones.

Dexx
so far i can't get a reson to buy any of them....
nope..i don't own one

Julie
*gasps*...you don't even have one of the free ones that came out of the cinnimon toast crunch.????? Wow....ask for a cheap lightsaber for Chirstmas.

Dark Lord Djas
Most of the lightsabers I have are ones that I have made. Made them just to make them I guess. I have: Obi-Wans, Darth Vaders, Darth Mauls, Lukes, Qui-Gons, and Yodas. But most of them I made like two or three.

Dexx
like i said julie..i find no purpose in buying such a thing.
Must say..i'm not familliar with that cinnimon toast crunch, nor have i seen many sabers round here. the states are big..but not that big. I'm O-U-T-S-I-D-E smile

Mujaffa
waiting for lukes lightsaber and hand to come falling from the sky..

General Kaliero
I have Luke's green, Anakin's, Dooku's, Anakin's "Jedi Training", Vader's, and Trebor's/Plo Koon's. Then there's the ones in my siggy, which I hope to make at some point.

Arien
i have only one. its luke skywalker's green light up pen. except my lil sis broke it, so it doesnt light up anymore. <tear>
anyway, i plan to buy more asap.

Julie
I got Obi-wan's lightsaber for CHristimas....BTW how do I go about making a lightsaber??? anybody have a good web site suggestion?

GordonSkywalker
I used to collect lightsabers after Phantom Menace came out. Me and a group of guys invested in them for our own Jedi Club. All together, we had two Darth Mauls,two Qui Gons,one Obi Wans, and another that was a cheap white imitation. Later, I used an electronic battery-operated Qui Gon saber and a small red saber.My apprentice used a blue(Obi Wan) saber during our training matches....Those were the days! laughing out loud

Julie
I see....well...Dexx, Cinnamon Toast Crunch is a wonderful cereal sure to rot one's teeth out.
as for lightsabers I am about a third of the way towards making one...I covered a wrapping paper roll with tin foil and filled it with small rocks for weight

GordonSkywalker
I see Kmart is selling "Attack of the Clones" lightsabers. I mean the real big ones that come in a box as opposed to the handheld ones that aren't as big. I was showing off with one just the other night!

Julie
the large ones are usually around 20 aren't they?
Eventually I may buy some more lightsabers but for now I will just have to make do with my old qui gon one....I don't think I have an anakin lightsaber yet though I do have a blue obi-wan one....all that differs is the label

GordonSkywalker
Yeah, the big ones do cost that much. The smaller ones are 1/3 of that price, I think.

Julie
the smaller nonlightable ones....are about $6 full price

GordonSkywalker
Yes, that's what I figured. Somewhere about that. Which reminds me...my former student might still have the lightsaber I gave him when he became my apprentice. Should I be WORRIED??? (Thinks for a minute or three!....)....NAHHH!

Julie
YOu had an apprentice????? intriguing.....and scary:-)

GordonSkywalker
yes well it was some time ago.

Julie
when was the last time you purchased a lightsaber? Would you ever pay $250 for one?

GordonSkywalker
Not on a lightsaber, not that much! The last one I got was about a few months ago maybe. I don't remember actually.

Julie
I haven't gotten any recently either....but I did buy some action figures last night

Captain REX
I had three sabers. One was a Luke's green saber, but the blade ripped off and the battery thingy busted. One was a rainbow-bladed pseudo-lightsaber from D-Land, which was more like a flashlight. And the last one was a neon yellow-bladed lightsaber from California Adventure (next to D-land) and was more realistic until I accidentally smashed it against a fence and the pieces went EVERYWHERE.

Captain REX
Speaking of custom lightsaber handles, Julie, there are a lot of people who build them out of spare parts, whether they be the stuff they use to make the sabers of the films or pipes from their kitchen sink welded to a metal weight.

Here's an example. I added a blade because it was from the Force Hunter story I wrote.

Speaking of that, I need to post the rest of it here for you guys...

Julie
nice.....uh...I'll stick to aluminum foil for now.....maybe if my family ever changes the pipes in the sink I'll steal some...but for now it's rocks and wrapping paper rolls for me

GordonSkywalker
I would never have the patience to make one of my own. So I haunt the aisles at KMart!

Julie
eh well mine's only half done and has stayed that way for quite some time:-)

GordonSkywalker
Hopefully you have more patience to finish it than I would. I hate putting things like that together. I prefer to go to Roses and KMart and fiddle with the ones there.

Julie
yes that would be easier...but this is more fun...er that is when i get time to work on it

GordonSkywalker
I wonder if anyone sells lightsaber-making supplies anywhere around here.....

Dark Lord Djas
You can make lightsabers out of parts found in everyday places. I make them all the time. If you go on a search engine you can find plenty of sites that will tell you how to make one.

GordonSkywalker
Ah, thanks, Dark Lord.

Dark Lord Djas
No problem. The search engine I used to find them was google, some tell you how to make lightsabers of famous characters, others tell you how to make lightsabers that they designed, and others tell you how to design sabers.

GordonSkywalker
Most excellent. I can see we're going to get on famously.

Julie
eh I'm probably too lazy to ever search for those sites...too much to do now anyway

GordonSkywalker
Yes I prefer taking shortcuts myself.

Julie
shortcuts...I was thinking of just not going at all:-)

GordonSkywalker
Ah I see. Well I might check out the sites myself. After all, why not?

Julie
building a lightsaber...or a costume would be cool...and it can't hurt to simply take the time to check out what others have done in all their spare time

GordonSkywalker
Yes I agree as usual.

Julie
Hey where's your avatar?

GordonSkywalker
Which one? I changed it to the one currently shown a few days ago.

Julie
it changes so often...I wonder what will be the next one...though neo is a nice avatar

GordonSkywalker
You like the Neo? Well I think it makes for a fresh breath of air not to be using a Star Wars avatar for once.

Julie
true.....there are so many to choose from.....and it goes to show that some people are well rounded at least in their likes

GordonSkywalker
Neo is cool. I rather like using him as my avatar, especially with the guns he's holding....a cool picture all around. cool

Julie
guns......yeah they're cool

GordonSkywalker
I like them. But only in the movies.

Julie
lightsabers are cooler than guns though evil face

GordonSkywalker
I used to carry a lightsaber around with me whenever I would go walking in my neighborhood. I concealed it within my coat so no one knew they were in the presance of a jedi warrior. big grin

Julie
WHY??? roll eyes (sarcastic) .....just in case I suppose.....that's cool...I usually only carry it around the house....and hit inanimate objects

GordonSkywalker
I tried that once...much funner to whack my ex-apprentice!

Julie
I see...well....hmmm....did the former apprentice have a lightsaber too???

GordonSkywalker
Of course he was armed! We had some pretty intense fighting sessions. He went for the jugular as the saying goes, He adopted a more aggressive stance than I did. Yes those were the days.

Julie
well...at least it wasn't you beating on an unarmed being.....at least there was some fighting back going on

GordonSkywalker
He's not the one you should have worried about. wink

Julie
did he ever beat on you???

GordonSkywalker
He was faster and more aggressive in hitting me over the head or in the stomach with the saber I gave him. He did not know the meaning of the word "practice session".

Julie
ouch.,,,,you poor thing...well you have to fight back...I suppose...

GordonSkywalker
It hurt something awful when he got me in my stomach! Needless to say I eventually cancelled his apprenticeship to me but that was just one of the reasons why.

Julie
oh I see....well....abusive apprentices are probably bound for the dark side anyway

GordonSkywalker
Yes but in his case I think he went to the stupid side. He now works with-or for- his shady brother who hates me for some reason.

Julie
ouch.....the stupid side....that's probably worse than the dark side....

GordonSkywalker
Far more annoying anyway. wink

Julie
so true....best to stick to the light.....besides the lightsabers are much nicer colors for the good guys

GordonSkywalker
Yes I need to get a new one soon. My old one no longer feels right.

Julie
what color is your lightsaber ...and what makes it just not feel right?

GordonSkywalker
Oh I threw my old one out last week. It was the one-I think-I used when training with my ex-student. It was a red color I believe.

Julie
oh did you break it over his head or something?

GordonSkywalker
Not quite but the thing jammed up on me when I needed it so I decided to junk it and am now looking for a better one.

Julie
I see....well don't be too quick to junk a lightsaber...remember obi wan's advisement to Anakin..."This weapon is your life":-)

GordonSkywalker
Good advice Julie. I had a near run-in with the kid today but ended up just ignoring him as I passed by his house. He ain't got my loyalty I'll tell you that.

Julie
that's good....avoid fights where possible...or even unpleasant confrontations

GordonSkywalker
Yeah as I would really not like having to cut him down. Let him go through life and make his own mistakes instead of any interference from me.

Dark Lord Djas
I have lightsaber battles with my friends. There isn't anyone I have found yet that could beat me. cool

Julie
I see....I don't know anyone who has a lightsaber w/in normal friends realm.....but that does sound like fun....I'd be afraid to break my lightsabers though

Mujaffa
why do you ppl buy it...it's so childish...blink

GordonSkywalker
Because it is FUN!!

Mujaffa
blinkit's fun....it's fun to make out with ur girl..

GordonSkywalker
I don't have a girl Mujaffa, so I have to get kicks some other way. Besides I like lightsabers. eek!

hap41

hap41
I have expensive Darth Vader sabre, expensive Darth Maul sabre, expensive Anakin sabre, expensive Obi-Wan sabre, expensive orange one (which is Qui-Gons handle with orange blade) and 2 cheap ones, purple and green.

GordonSkywalker
I have a big expensive(?) Qui Gon lightsaber I keep in my room.

yerssot
they're all expensive sad

GordonSkywalker
I spent something like $50 or $60 when the Episode I lightsabers came out in Kmart and Roses. They are expensive.

Julie
actually the cheapest ones can be had for $3.00 on sale...and $6.00 normally, but then again this doesn't include sound or lightup.....pipes work so I've been told:-)

GordonSkywalker
I bought multiples of every one they had. For me and my friends.

Julie
cool....you must be a easy guy with the cash flow

GordonSkywalker
I bought all but one out of my own pocket.

Julie
what's happened with the one?????

GordonSkywalker
A friend gave me his money to get one for him. So I went and bought an extra one but with the money he gave me for it. Ungrateful child.

Celsius
i mader my own out of wood, it doesn;t look as flash, but the feeling is there. smile

Celsius
you know all the fanfilms people make, half of those peole make their own sabers.

yerssot
yes, and you have quite a few sites which give you advice for that

Celsius
yep, but the advice they give you is really specific. like on one of the sites this dude says that a really good way of making a hilt is out of a 1950's camera flash. where the hell are ya gonna get that!?

yerssot
dunno, that's the problem with americans making those sites: people in OTHER countries need to get these things too!

Celsius
AMEN 2 THAT!!! and i see that u r in a country that like bubble gum.

YUM YUM BUBBLE GUM,
HEY, YUM YUM!

Celsius
im kidding! laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing Happy Dance big grin eek! laughing

Julie
I have to decorate mine, but I have a papertowel roll covered in tin foil so far..... big grin

Celsius
as soon as i get the chance ill take a picture of mine. and post it. from a few feet away it looks awesome.
MIST and i are planning to make a movie. but the problrm is.... WE DON'T HAVE A FRIGGIN CAMERA....... yet. we've found some really good programs for adding the blade intencsity. it looks COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
OOOOOOOOOOL. heh heh.

DeepThought
Heres the one I made.. I had plans for others, if I can ever get the time..

Made out of aluminum bar, all stuff you can do on a lathe (everything the same all around the circle) Minus the button box. Modelled off Luke's ROTJ, the way I would've preferred it wink

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid69/p9ab55ab16695d9724421d45d0d51849e/fbb2c9f5.jpg

Rogue Jedi
nice. very nice dt.

Celsius
indeed. if you wanna look at mine, look at yerss's trivia page, i posted it there, i cant repost it cuz i lost the pic. sorry.

cookies2006
Did u know that the saber colors represent ur inner self.?.

Celsius
do they?

Baylin
Nah that's rubbish! I didn't bleed purple last time I cut my self!

cookies2006
On kotor the jedi council said blue means ur like a soldier,yellow means ur more of a mind user person, and green is a mix of both. All the other colors are just upgraded lightsabers.

JixQuillan
I've been collecting lightsabers since I was about seven. I gone through 2 Luke Skywalker lightsabers amd am on my third now, my cousin broke my Qui-Gon Jinn lightsaber, I also have an Episode 1 Obi-Wan lightsaber, a Darth Maul flash and sound, and of course, an Anakin Skywalker lightsaber. All of my sabes are the electronic versions.

I just found out that they're going to re-release the Luke Skywalker and Darth Vader lightsaber and I'm ecstatic! Now all I need is the summer job to pay for these things...

JixQuillan
I'm trying to find out how electronic lightsabers work, so that i can customise my own. I like to customise. I customise figures, and im working on lightsabers. My main goal right now is to make a Darth Maul lightsaber the lights up and makes sound. But the thing I dont get is, if they we're gonna make a Darth Maul lightsaber why not make it light up as well? I thought about that for a while and decided that they would have trouble lighting both ends, well duh! Make two Darth Maul lightsaber halves and have them attach together. Maybe someday they'll get brains and do that.

Mist
i have qui gons lightsaber, darth mauls lightsaber (broken in half) and two wooden ones i made myself on a lathe. making them one a lathe is fun cause you can customize your own and just paint it watever colours.
i have seen darth vader for $250 (real). i might buy it

Celsius
Not if i get there first MIST. stick out tongue

Mist
Jix, what are you talking about? my darth maul saber lights up both ends, just doesnt make sounds. qui gons does both.

JixQuillan
Yeah I know I wanna make the one with sounds light up too cause it only flashes. I'm gonna use like Radio Shack wires and lightbulbs.

SlayerChick1188
I'm too broke to afford a lightsaber, so I ended up buying a light up sword from disney instead for $6. laughing out loud very ghetto!

Rogue Jedi
has anyone seen the lightsabers at masterreplica.com? 500 & 600 dollars a piece?!

SlayerChick1188
yeah! those are amazing! (too bad ill have to stick with the plastic variety...)

Mist
$500 for a bit of metal and plastic.
shame on them

cookies2006
they are really kool though. U can get really good deals at ebay. Just type in sw lightsabers.

Rogue Jedi
but they are real movie props, yes?

Julie
not always...I'm sure there are all sorts of things....like old toys people have no use for.....things they picked up at a sale and want to turn a profit on,...etc....lightsabers come in all shapes and sizes

LaLaOrange
my friend pete bought a just the grip part of the lightsaber for like 200 dollars...he doesn't even do anything with it...it just sits around his room...it doesn't do anything...i don't get it...

Baylin
There's just some things that some people arnt ment to understand wink
I personally would have a collection if I had the space to display them. The reason, I dont know probably just because I can! big grin

Celsius
Its a collectors item. It isn't supposed to do ANYTHING except sit there and make the person that bought it feel happy knowing that they own an expensive piece of Star Wars memorobelia (sp). I personally plan to buy one soon. big grin Cant wait!!

Julie
well who can argue with logic like that?

Julie
I recently got a coloring book with activities and it had a id the lightsaber game....I think I did just ok on it......Obiwan and guigon's threw me off....

Julie

_CYCLOPS_
My brother found a place around where he works in Grand Island, New York that sell actual Lightsabres (minus the ability to cut through stuff) for about $160. I am on those like a fat kid on a cupcake

venomfan
sorry this aint about lightsabers but yall might think its funny, you guys know those cheapo ninja swords you can buy every were right? well i bought one and snuck up on my buddy shinobi(i have a real ninja costume) style....then at the right moment i attacked! man that piece broke the second i lifted it!I didnt get my stealh kill. i was very sad....

Julie
there's finese for you....tisk tisk....stick to the lightsaber....it might do more...though as far as stelth goes I'd say a lightsaber rates fairly low.....

xeous
So...where do you go about buying one of these sabers? Are they junk or are they cool? SHOW ME A PIC please.

venomfan
lol. my ninja buddies would kick my ass, for always blowing there cover.

Gotwa
'ninja buddies' ? Or do you mean hopeless Shinobi fans? stick out tongue

venomfan
uh yeah......sure roll eyes (sarcastic)

Julie
yes but with a lightsaber in your hands you could handle your friends...hopeless or not

venomfan
well us being far from hopeless, yes a lightsaber would be rad, especially one like Duku's

eleveninches
I read somewhere before that some scientists somewhere actually were planning on creating a lightsaber-type weapon, but they realized that it would be way too unstable for any human to use, and would immediately swing down really powerfully towards the earth when turned on (something to do with the earths magnetic field or something like that). It has been explained how lightsabers work, but it would take incredible force powers for a jedi to control it. This could explain why only jedi use lightsabers and they are not used by any other forces in the SW universe except for jedi and dark jedi.

angiethedragon
Im guessing these scientists know what the lightsaber blade is made of, if you notice in Empire Strikes Back Han Solo uses the lightsaber so i don't think just jedi could use it, think about it if that were so a jedi or dark jedi wouldn't be able to use a lightsaber inside an ysalamiri field, have those scientists that you mentioned tried building one according to the schematics of a lightsaber? with the crystals and what ever, it would be very difficult to make a lightsaber without the light going on for infinity, that's why only jedi make them but doesn't stop other people from using them

Julie
yes...doesn't stop them from hurting themselves with one:-0

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>