ironman vs supergirl

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spidey-dude
who wins here ?

Originally posted by spidey-dude
ok stark gets one day prep to study supergirl the fights in NY

Bouboumaster
Supergirl, lol

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Bouboumaster
Supergirl, lol why

Badabing
I reopened this to see if there's any viable way Stark can win w/o prep.

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Badabing
I reopened this to see if there's any viable way Stark can win w/o prep. ok stark gets one day prep to study supergirl

Lumby
i doubt it

spidey-dude
Originally posted by Lumby
i doubt it why ? if he gets prep maybe he can find out that kryptonite could do some damage to her and it to one of the weapons in his armor to shoot at her

carver9
Theres no telling what stark has in his weaponary that could hurt supergirl. We know that magnetic powers hurt them and iron man has that in his suit. We know that his repulsor ray will hurt her because it hurt superman. We know that his strength is capable of stunning her and he has superhuman reflexes and speed that might could give him a chance of keeping up with her but does he have a weapon that could put her out. Naah, I give this to supergirl 8/10 but ironman gives everyone a good fight, he has the right powers to do so.

spetznaz
Question:
Would you like to be in a powered suit facing a Kryptonian who really doesn't know how to control her powers and tends to basically do things at full amp? Someone whose speed levels alone (let alone the other set of abilities) makes her able to do a lot of damage very fast.

I am not knocking Stark ....him and his suit are quite capable. However, even with the Extremis and its amped abilities (and even with that 'spider-sense' thing), Supergirl is a character that I personally wouldn't want to face.

One day of studying Supergirl would simply make Stark arrive to the same conclusion that others in DC came to .....that Supergirl is stronger and faster than Superman (in reality she is not, as was later revealed, but appeared to be stronger and faster because, unlike Superman, she simply does not hold back. Thus her going at full throttle makes her appear more powerful)

Stark dies.

tjcoady
I get the points above, but, as I've said before, Stark is really underrated on these forums.

How long would it take a guy like Stark to figure out how bad a trait super-hearing is when you can deploy hypersonics, as Stark does regularly? Cyborg has messed up Kryptonians with that technique before, and Superman's been brought down by concentrated sound in the upper levels of hearing before- there's tons of examples, but the one I can think of off hand is from Dark Knight Returns, which I know is non-canon, but it provides an excellent case-in-point.

Stark's never beaten Thor before, but his repulsor rays have definitely shaken him up really badly, and that was in the days before his upgrades. Pretty sure he could hurt Supergirl with a couple of high powered blasts.

Stark has pretty powerful magnetic abilities in the Iron Man armor, and Dr. Polaris and others have wounded the Man of Steel with such attacks.

Stark has done stuff like trapping the majority of the energy from the mutant Collective within Zero-Point energy. Wonder what that would do if you shot an organic being with it?

Stark is one of the smartest characters in comics, with insane amounts of battlefield experience. He's certainly not as tough, strong, or fast as Kara, but he certainly is much smarter, much more adept in combat, and much, much more used to his suit and what he can do than Kara is with her powers. I've seen her do stuff like accidentally overshoot her mark and circle the globe a few times over and other mistakes in that vein.

All in all, while Supergirl is probably straight up powerful enough to take the majority of wins, Iron Man is being a little underrated here. I say he could he take a few, with a little luck on his side.

gogogadgetgo
Originally posted by spetznaz
Question:
Would you like to be in a powered suit facing a Kryptonian who really doesn't know how to control her powers and tends to basically do things at full amp? Someone whose speed levels alone (let alone the other set of abilities) makes her able to do a lot of damage very fast.

I am not knocking Stark ....him and his suit are quite capable. However, even with the Extremis and its amped abilities (and even with that 'spider-sense' thing), Supergirl is a character that I personally wouldn't want to face.

One day of studying Supergirl would simply make Stark arrive to the same conclusion that others in DC came to .....that Supergirl is stronger and faster than Superman (in reality she is not, as was later revealed, but appeared to be stronger and faster because, unlike Superman, she simply does not hold back. Thus her going at full throttle makes her appear more powerful)

Stark dies.

answer: no, no, no and no

but give ironman the thor buster and he'd give supergirl a run for her money. he'd lose all the time but he'd still make her work for it all

tjcoady
didn't notice the prep time- I doubt Stark would realize this after a single day, but he could whip up a red sun generator in about an hour.

SevenShackles
Originally posted by tjcoady
didn't notice the prep time- I doubt Stark would realize this after a single day, but he could whip up a red sun generator in about an hour.
Red sun generator + Thor-Buster armor = slaughter.
but doubt it would happen. be cool to see tho.

eek! supergirl wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.