Magical Mystery Tourney Pool A: Devil Lance and Laminator X v.s Zeitgeist and Akuki

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Fuzzy Hawkeye
http://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l130/Red_Atom/mmt4.jpg

Wednesday, April 9nd 12:00, ending on Wednesday April 16th 12:00
Pool A
Round: 1 Devil lance and Laminator X v.s Zeitgeist and Akuki
Arena: " went for simplistic this round, so the arena will consist of a bubble of energy roughly one mile in diameter. This bubble sits in a pocket dimension and no one can go outside of it aside from the already established BFR rules. The energy will be of an unknown type of energy that none of the combatants will be able to absorb and allow them to grow stronger.

The energy can not hurt anyone and simply will act as a forcefield. Also everyone gets minimal flight capabilities in the sphere because there is no floor in it. So everyone gets a small antigravity aura that allows them to travel at 250 MPH in any direction in the energy bubble." - Newjak

Judges: Jason, Illadelph, Cresh

Prep: 15 Seconds, in a location outside of the battlezone, adversaries may not harm one another in this 15 seconds.

Devil Lance:

Magneto

and Shamperion (Shaman/Hyperion)

Laminator X:

Cassandra Sombra (Cassandra Nova/Cloak)
Loki

Match Amalgamations

Madrox/Maxima

--------------------------------

Zeitgeist(Smurph):

Jor-El/The Ray
Meggan/Firestorm
Animal Man

Akuki:

Nova (Frankie Raye)/Supergirl
Dr. Doom/Ultimate Superskrull
1st age Spawn

--------------------

Note: When doing a cross amalgamation for a match, you are still required to field at least ONE single. Smurph's team has to rewrite their write up, so write ups will be posted tomorrow, and the match will proceed from there. Happy participating. - Red

Fuzzy Hawkeye
Akuki/Smurph's write up:

Fuzzy Hawkeye

Devil Lance
first off Akuki and Smurph you scans aren't working for me

Secondly there are several major flaws with your plan

1. You really expect that any would would beleibe that you could do that prep in 15 seconds ?
Seriously you're going to be able to
create 5 suits (what they're just going to magically appear in thin air)
Have your team put them on
Age Supergirl to her prime (which really wouldn't make that much of a difference hes pretty much as strong as she is going to get right now plus the only way she would get significantly stronger is by absorbing solar energy which is not what you're doing you are just aging her
Have Meggan duplicate nimal Man's Phsyology and duplicate herslef
Somehow have Jor-el duplicate himself even though he doesn't have the power to do so

You really think you could do all that in 15 seconds I don't I doubt that you could create 5 suits and have your team put them on in 15 seconds

2. If you copy AM's phsyiology you still won't have access to the red so you won't be bale to use AM's powers.

3. How the heck is Jor-el sudde;y able to copy powers> Like you have him doing to AM

4. Teleporting inside some one is an OHKO which are banend in this tourney, As is brining back team mates from the dead.

Now on to why my team shall win

Once your team is tired out facing Loki's allusion my team will strike

ULT SS's Armor will be rendered moot by an EMP pulse from Magneto rednering your extra powers pointless.

The Maxima army + Cassandra Nova will mind rape your team seeing as how most of your team has no resistance to TP attacks

Shamperion will take ou Supergirl with Magic

Meggan will go down to TP, as will Ult SS/Doom

Magneto or The Maxima army will take out Jor-el seeing as how Magneto can just reflect anything Ray sends at him

and Maxima can just fry him with TP attacks

Frankly theres not much your team can do to ours

batdude123
Looks like someone copy and pasted incorrectly...

Akuki
Ok there's a lot of problems with the plans that DevilLance and Laminator put forward, so let me just cover a few of them.

1. They self BFR'd their entire team in the opening of the match by putting themselves inside cloak's darkness dimension. It's a separate dimension, and they're hanging out in there for an extended period of time. I think that can clearly be stated to be self BFR. Being in the dimension also has extremely bad repercussions for everyone except Dagger.

2. The issue of creating and putting on the suits really isn't an issue for us. Spawn's abilities allow for the instant creation of items without knowing exactly what they are so long as he has the necessary energy source. Since Dr. Doom is inside the armor, he'll also have all of those powers, as well as his brilliant mind allowing him to master and create the items almost instantly. Also since his speed will be increased to lightspeed, that will allow him to create his items at a much faster pace. Item creation simply isn't an issue for us. Plus Dr. Doom also has the power cosmic to aid him, and he's shown the ability to instantly create complex items in the past with it:
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/1690/9itemcreationls7.jpg

Your also underestimating the abilities of someone moving a lightspeed whose been taught by the Flash and Superman. Putting on clothes and dressing other people at near instant speeds isn't that difficult. Here's just one example of a fast clothes switch:
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/hitokiri7303/Supergirlv405-25.jpg
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/hitokiri7303/Supergirlv405-26.jpg

3. Is there any rule against bringing back team-mates from the dead? I certainly wasn't able to find one in the rules posted in the main thread. If you can provide proof through link to a ruling then I'll accept it, but nothing I've seen indicates it's illegal. Teleporting inside someone is also not necessarily a one hit k.o. There are plenty of ways to block it, and if you have the necessary regen you can recover from it.

4. The idea that you'll be able to hide from us is also pretty laughable. You said yourself that magical senses were the only way to detect your illusion. Well guess what? Our entire team will have magical senses at the beginning of the match. We'll have Spawn's highly impressive mystical senses, as well as Dr. Doom being able to use his mystical training to detect the illusion. In fact, Dr. Doom's armor allows him to detect magic before it is cast, allowing me to tell that it is a supernatural illusion we are facing.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/hitokiri7303/drsstrangeanddoom21.jpg

5. Magneto's attack isn't going to work on us for a couple of reasons:
a) The anti-assasination suit automatically grants us access to an individuals shields and powers, so we can just use magneto's own forcefield to defend against his attack.
b) If your specifically targeting targeting Dr. Doom your every in worse luck. With his forcefield up he's completely immune to Magneto's powers(and of course obviously the forcefield will be up when he's entering combat)
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/2121/xa98p30qq0.jpg
Also Dr. Doom has shown the ability to absorb the power of Magneto's attacks and turn them against him:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/champions16p15.jpg

6. Your plan for mentally attacking our team is also a very bad idea. First of all Doom has a ridiculously good record against mind control and has shielding in his helmet adapted from magneto's own helmet when it was at it's best. In addition, there are also Spawn's own highly powerful telepathic abilities which will help shield us. I'm sure Smurph can also mention some of his characters powers which will help to shield us as well.

Basically your emp plan has absolutely no chance of working.

So in summary, you BFR'd your entire team starting out, our team has an overwhelming advantage in terms of power and resistance to your own abilities, our durability and regen is ridiculously high, and we can down every single member of your time with about a single shot. All in all not a pretty picture for your team.

Fuzzy Hawkeye
Yeah, Smurph's pm was actually fowarded, so it was already quoted. So I had no ay of actually being able to properly post the links, we'll straighten it away when he's on later.

Devil Lance
Originally posted by Akuki
Ok there's a lot of problems with the plans that DevilLance and Laminator put forward, so let me just cover a few of them.

1. They self BFR'd their entire team in the opening of the match by putting themselves inside cloak's darkness dimension. It's a separate dimension, and they're hanging out in there for an extended period of time. I think that can clearly be stated to be self BFR. Being in the dimension also has extremely bad repercussions for everyone except Dagger.

2. The issue of creating and putting on the suits really isn't an issue for us. Spawn's abilities allow for the instant creation of items without knowing exactly what they are so long as he has the necessary energy source. Since Dr. Doom is inside the armor, he'll also have all of those powers, as well as his brilliant mind allowing him to master and create the items almost instantly. Also since his speed will be increased to lightspeed, that will allow him to create his items at a much faster pace. Item creation simply isn't an issue for us. Plus Dr. Doom also has the power cosmic to aid him, and he's shown the ability to instantly create complex items in the past with it:
http://img504.imageshack.us/img504/1690/9itemcreationls7.jpg

Your also underestimating the abilities of someone moving a lightspeed whose been taught by the Flash and Superman. Putting on clothes and dressing other people at near instant speeds isn't that difficult. Here's just one example of a fast clothes switch:
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/hitokiri7303/Supergirlv405-25.jpg
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/hitokiri7303/Supergirlv405-26.jpg

3. Is there any rule against bringing back team-mates from the dead? I certainly wasn't able to find one in the rules posted in the main thread. If you can provide proof through link to a ruling then I'll accept it, but nothing I've seen indicates it's illegal. Teleporting inside someone is also not necessarily a one hit k.o. There are plenty of ways to block it, and if you have the necessary regen you can recover from it.

4. The idea that you'll be able to hide from us is also pretty laughable. You said yourself that magical senses were the only way to detect your illusion. Well guess what? Our entire team will have magical senses at the beginning of the match. We'll have Spawn's highly impressive mystical senses, as well as Dr. Doom being able to use his mystical training to detect the illusion. In fact, Dr. Doom's armor allows him to detect magic before it is cast, allowing me to tell that it is a supernatural illusion we are facing.
http://i41.photobucket.com/albums/e254/hitokiri7303/drsstrangeanddoom21.jpg

5. Magneto's attack isn't going to work on us for a couple of reasons:
a) The anti-assasination suit automatically grants us access to an individuals shields and powers, so we can just use magneto's own forcefield to defend against his attack.
b) If your specifically targeting targeting Dr. Doom your every in worse luck. With his forcefield up he's completely immune to Magneto's powers(and of course obviously the forcefield will be up when he's entering combat)
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/2121/xa98p30qq0.jpg
Also Dr. Doom has shown the ability to absorb the power of Magneto's attacks and turn them against him:
http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o106/bigbran1/champions16p15.jpg

6. Your plan for mentally attacking our team is also a very bad idea. First of all Doom has a ridiculously good record against mind control and has shielding in his helmet adapted from magneto's own helmet when it was at it's best. In addition, there are also Spawn's own highly powerful telepathic abilities which will help shield us. I'm sure Smurph can also mention some of his characters powers which will help to shield us as well.

Basically your emp plan has absolutely no chance of working.

So in summary, you BFR'd your entire team starting out, our team has an overwhelming advantage in terms of power and resistance to your own abilities, our durability and regen is ridiculously high, and we can down every single member of your time with about a single shot. All in all not a pretty picture for your team. http://img109.imageshack.us/my.php?image=classicxmen19story211sa2.jpg
http://img172.imageshack.us/my.php?image=classicxmen19story212ug8.jpg

and Doom has admitted that with his Powers Magneto has a distinct advantaage over him so much so that Doom considers it to be unfair
http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?image=f4houseofm03003mj6.jpg

And your team will be resistant to our telepathy please maybe possibly Doom will be resistant to it but everyone else will be.

Plus you'll be going up against an army of Maxima's which is >>> than any of your defenses

Lastly Shaman's + Loki's magic>>>>> Spawn's + Doom's

They won't be able to see past our illusios with Loki and Shamperion working together

also how will your team communicate your plane to eachother in 15 seconds

My team can communicate through telepathy at the speed pf though yours can't

Laminator_X
Problems with Zeitgeist & Akuki's ideas:

1: Their powerup plans are highly-optimistic across the board. They assume everyone will be able to use the Ult. Super-Skrull's suits as well as the Ult. Super-Skrull did. USS was ancient and had tons of experience with this sort of thing. Most of their characters will only have basic facility with any copied powers.
The assertion that merging with the Ray makes Jor-El the equivalent of superman fails when you consider that the Ray has nowhere near the amount of energy required for that. During the Final Night storyline, the Ray had to go all out to light and heat a single town, and he exhausted himself in the attempt. I know the Sun, it's a good friend of mine. The Ray is no Sun. Similarly, aging Supergirl is not enough to power her up to Clark's level. It's not just age, it's also spending all those years building up energy.

2: They are betting quite a bit on Meggan-Storm using copied Animal-Man abilities to self-clone. This is no small feat. It takes time, concentration, and can have some serious drawbacks; such as when his daughter (same powers) did it in the Children's Crusade she and her clone couldn't both remain conscious while on the same plane of existence.

3: Their attack plan plays into ours perfectly. They laid out a basic "power-up and git-em" strategy of pure aggression. Their all-out attack is precisely what we were prepared for.

4: As DL pointed out, their whole plan is over-complicated for the allotted prep-time.

5: They can't rely on Spawn resurrecting people bacstop them in this match. It takea a lot of effort and power to accomplish, and 1st Age Spawn's power is finite (note the counter in the scan). He could only do it a few times before running down, even if he had the time and concentration required in the middle of a battle, which he won't.

6: They seem to have formed a plan with Forerunner's powers in play (mentioned by name in their write-up), and then didn't field her.

Now to their criticisms of our plan:

1: They assert that DoomperSkrull's mystic powers will enable them to bypass our illusory feint. This is potentially possible, but their own writeup does nothing to suggest that level of scrutiny or caution on their part. Doom's armor will detect the magical energy certainly, but with Loki and Shamperion seemingly in the fight, that's nothing out of the ordinary.

2: They claim that the Ult.Super-Skrull's armor will allow them to avoid Magneto's assault via copying Magneto's own powers. However, this would only make sense if they knew it was coming. Mags will be sucker-punching them upon exiting the cloak. Even is some of them did have Mag-shields up, a flawed premise since they claimed to be relying on intangability for defense in their write-up, they will be nowhere as good at using those powers as Magneto is.

3: There's nothing in their response addresses the brute fact that an army of Multiple-Maximas could take their team all by themselves. Doomper Skrull and to some extent Spawn might do well against a single telepath, but not dozens of them, and certainly not while simultaneously being bludgeoned or torn apart with TK. Meggan is an open door to mental attacks. They'd be lucky if she didn't forget who she was and join the Maxi-mob. Meanwhile we've got several seriously powerful characters on deck ready to trounce anyone who somehow manages to stand up to her.

Zeitgeist
Z: Post 1 (Of Four ... Or Eight?)

Huzzah! I have arrived! Sing my praises!

Etc.

I'll break this post up into a couple of sections.

1. Why Did We Show Up For Battle? Our Opponents Defeated Themselves.

Fact- Retreating from battle counts as self-BFR, auto-expulsion. Their plan is illegal.

Fact- Those who hide in Cloak see their worst nightmares, and all their darkness within their souls. Their brains are screwed, and they are left as shells.

Fact- Even worse than this, they're probably dead, because all the light is sucked out from them. The more darkness (or evil) inside of them, the worse the effects are.

Fact- My opponents chose to hide:

Maxima
Loki
Cassandra Nova
Magneto

Inside of Cloak.

Fact: Dagger can repel the effects. The one of the pair they don't have. Cloak murders the whole team.

So, not only is their plan illegal, it's also EXTREMELY deadly, and EXTREMELY inept.

Not to mention, Cloak CAN'T hold all of them, and their "Maxima Army". Which doesn't exist anyways, because they're so broken that they can't pause to even attempt to work out. They probably won't even understand the plan, they'll be so psychologically damaged.

Moving on...

2. All Dressed For Battle, And Little To Pwn

Power Reserve of 3x Meggan
Shape Shifting
Empathy
Power Reserve of Spawn
Ray's power set
Black Bolt's huge power set
Animal Man's powers
Nova's Power Set
Doom's Armor
Kryptonian:
Strength
Durability
Heat Vision
Speed
Intelligence
Reflexes

+ All of our opponent's powers

... That is the power set for Every Single Member of our Team (of which has 12 fielded members).

In addition, I've greatly increased the speed, strength and reflexes of my Meggan/Firestorm clones and Animal Man. And gave them telepathy, invisibility, and some other nifty stuff.

I've greatly increased Meggan's power supply, meaning she can oneshot ANY CHARACTER on the other team,

I've greatly increased Jor-El (and Supergirl's) solar absorption capacity and rate of solar absorption. And boosted them in the beginning prep, beyond what they already get from their respective amalgams. They're both constantly sundipped.

And Akuki amped his own characters pretty considerably as well.

And they say an army of Multiple Maximas could take our team?

HA. crylaugh

Take note that every member of our team can now also duplicate themselves at will.

3. Let's Humor Them, Shall We?

Even if someone could believe that you COULD show up for battle and not be killed by Cloak, let's show why you'd die anyways.

We can destroy you up close in combat (Kryptonian speed/strength, Spawn's teleportation, Meggan's shape shifting, etc.)

We can destroy you from afar (Meggan's power reserve > anything the opponent has)

We can outmaneuver you (Kryptonian speed/strength, can exist as light, Meggan's elemental powers, intangibility)

We can encase you (Firestorm puts unbreakable promethium around the enemies)

We can suffocate you (Meggan's elemental powers)

We can outnumber you (Animal Man's duplication)

We can win in a quick-draw (Forerunner's speed + Kryptonian speed + Meggan's speed + Maxima's speed + Hyperion's speed + The Ray's speed)

We are immune to TP (Blackbolt/ Kryptonian/ Doom/ Forerunner/ Animal Man/ Maxima/ Cassandra Nova/ etc.) all mean very, very high resistance.

We can block electrical attacks on the suit (Meggan/Magneto/Super Speed/Black Bolt/The Ray all mean that electrical attacks can be outmaneuvered or absorbed. Meggan herself can wield electricity and such extremely effectively).

Thanks for playing. smile

Zeitgeist

Zeitgeist
Animal Man proving he can duplicate without problems-
http://img3.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lotsaanimalmen1pc.jpg

Forerunner's speed/reflexes
http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/jason-todd/?action=view&current=Jimscomics019-1.jpg
http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/jason-todd/?action=view&current=Jimscomics020-1.jpg
http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/jason-todd/?action=view&current=Jimscomics021-1.jpg

We'll have this super speed... meaning we'll be taking out the enemies via a simple omnidirectional explosion before they can do anything about it.

I want to be clear on this. We don't need the Skrull suits to win. We can match everything that the opposing team can put out in numbers, and we can trump their:

Strength
Speed
Energy Projection
Maneuverability
Durability
Healing
Versatility

Etc.

We can, and are prepared to:

Encase them, suffocate them, teleport into them, vaporize them, beat them to death, etc.

Meggan, on her own, can become three times as powerful as she normally is, with the speed/reflexes of Forerunner compounded with her own. Hell, she can reach these levels and still duplicate herself many times over without the use of the suit.

I'm barely touching on what she can do.

The same goes for Jor-EL. Kryptonians are extremely resistant to telepathy, and turning to light would make it all that much harder to mindrape him, for the same reasoning that Iceman is hard to mentally attack when he is spreading his consciousness through that of water vapor. He's a pumped up Kryptonian, they have no way of locating him, and he can attack any of them at a moments notice. Complete blitz.

Animal Man's defaulted to grab the stats of Forerunner's race- but he doesn't need to. Or he can take extra. The visual abilities of a fly have given him additional hyper reflexes. The claws of a Wolverine with Forerunner's strength would tear apart the enemy. Keep in mind, Forerunner also has invisibility, telepathic abilities of their own, and he could easily pick up another nifty abilities. He has in the past. Additionally, he could duplicate himself again and again.

They have no way to counter any of our methods- telepathy is moot, and we'll move faster. Magnetism is moot, and we'll move faster. Raw strength is moot, and they would never even reach us, save Jor-El and Supergirl, who would rip them apart up close.

Meanwhile, they have no way to counter our numerous methods that can take them out. Everything from internal teleportation and suffocation to simply blasting them apart.

Devil Lance
Originally posted by Zeitgeist
Animal Man proving he can duplicate without problems-
http://img3.imageshack.us/my.php?image=lotsaanimalmen1pc.jpg

Forerunner's speed/reflexes
http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/jason-todd/?action=view&current=Jimscomics019-1.jpg
http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/jason-todd/?action=view&current=Jimscomics020-1.jpg
http://s167.photobucket.com/albums/u131/jason-todd/?action=view&current=Jimscomics021-1.jpg

We'll have this super speed... meaning we'll be taking out the enemies via a simple omnidirectional explosion before they can do anything about it.

I want to be clear on this. We don't need the Skrull suits to win. We can match everything that the opposing team can put out in numbers, and we can trump their:

Strength
Speed
Energy Projection
Maneuverability
Durability
Healing
Versatility

Etc.

We can, and are prepared to:

Encase them, suffocate them, teleport into them, vaporize them, beat them to death, etc.

Meggan, on her own, can become three times as powerful as she normally is, with the speed/reflexes of Forerunner compounded with her own. Hell, she can reach these levels and still duplicate herself many times over without the use of the suit.

I'm barely touching on what she can do.

The same goes for Jor-EL. Kryptonians are extremely resistant to telepathy, and turning to light would make it all that much harder to mindrape him, for the same reasoning that Iceman is hard to mentally attack when he is spreading his consciousness through that of water vapor. He's a pumped up Kryptonian, they have no way of locating him, and he can attack any of them at a moments notice. Complete blitz.

Animal Man's defaulted to grab the stats of Forerunner's race- but he doesn't need to. Or he can take extra. The visual abilities of a fly have given him additional hyper reflexes. The claws of a Wolverine with Forerunner's strength would tear apart the enemy. Keep in mind, Forerunner also has invisibility, telepathic abilities of their own, and he could easily pick up another nifty abilities. He has in the past. Additionally, he could duplicate himself again and again.

They have no way to counter any of our methods- telepathy is moot, and we'll move faster. Magnetism is moot, and we'll move faster. Raw strength is moot, and they would never even reach us, save Jor-El and Supergirl, who would rip them apart up close.

Meanwhile, they have no way to counter our numerous methods that can take them out. Everything from internal teleportation and suffocation to simply blasting them apart.

But Animal ma doesn't even know Forerunner exists and even if he did as shown in Countdown to Adventure Animal Man is really expereienced in his powers and itt akes him a while to pick out which creature he wanst to pick out longer than 15 seconds thats for sure.

So I really don't think you're going to get forerunner's powers

secondly Meggan can coyp Buddy akers apperance/dna/etc etc all she wants but she still can't copy his connection to the red without that she is powerless in his body

on to telepathy you say Krptonians are resisatnt to it so I guess the times a weak Telepath like Maxwell Lord has gotten into Superman's head do not count, or when Manchester black mindraped Supes, or Fernus?

Your team won't just be going up against one telepath they'll be going up against an army of Maximas + Cassandra Nova+ Shaman who is a fiarly strong telepath in his own right.
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i48/A_Flight8/AlphaFlight111-09.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i48/A_Flight8/AlphaFlight111-10.jpg

and Sham's powers are magic based which will hurt the kryptonians

The kryptonian defenses aren't enough to withstand that

Zeitgeist
Originally posted by Devil Lance
But Animal ma doesn't even know Forerunner exists and even if he did as shown in Countdown to Adventure Animal Man is really expereienced in his powers and itt akes him a while to pick out which creature he wanst to pick out longer than 15 seconds thats for sure.

So I really don't think you're going to get forerunner's powers Yup.

If only this was some sort of tourney where my character's actions were based entirely off of my knowledge, and not theirs... dang....

secondly Meggan can coyp Buddy akers apperance/dna/etc etc all she wants but she still can't copy his connection to the red without that she is powerless in his body Buddy Baker's connection to the red is ingrained within his DNA... his physiology changed when the alien explosion gave him his powers.

If she can copy the Silver Surfer, she can copy friggin Buddy Baker.

on to telepathy you say Krptonians are resisatnt to it so I guess the times a weak Telepath like Maxwell Lord has gotten into Superman's head do not count, or when Manchester black mindraped Supes, or Fernus? Right, Maxwell Lord... how long did that take him? Clearly you'll be able to reproduce 10 years of extremely careful handiwork in mere seconds. Not that you'd have those seconds prior to being vaporized, but, hey, I'll humor you.

Superman wiped the floor with Black the moment things got serious. And the main attack was via TK... not TP.

And Fernus >> Your team...

Your team won't just be going up against one telepath they'll be going up against an army of Maximas + Cassandra Nova+ Shaman who is a fiarly strong telepath in his own right.
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i48/A_Flight8/AlphaFlight111-09.jpg
http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i48/A_Flight8/AlphaFlight111-10.jpg

No. They'll go up against everybody who survives the multitude of heavy attacks that hit them right out of the starting gate.

and Sham's powers are magic based which will hurt the kryptonians

The kryptonian defenses aren't enough to withstand that Meggan wipes the floor with Shaman before he knows what hit him.

Kryptonian defenses, mixed with the Ray's defenses.

And that's ignoring that they'll be compounded with all of your powers and all of our powers... meaning you won't even scratch the surface.

Laminator_X
Looks like it's about time to wrap up.

First off, using huge type and prefacing your assertions with "Fact:" does not make them any more valid. It just makes them noisier.

But enough about style, on to substance.

Our enemies strategy is a mishmosh. It relies on a great deal of cross-character boosting, equipping, and coordination to a degree that would make Rube Goldberg smile. Super-speed helps, but some things can't be rushed, especially the some of deeply personal powers they're throwing around. It's simply too much to successfully co-ordinate in 15 seconds, especially given how much they're banking on the Meggan/Firestorm combo, merging one of the flakiest powerhouses with one of the most easily befuddled ones.

They also can't seem to decide exactly whom they are fielding. Blackbolt? What?

In contrast our prep is simple and easily orchestrated. Brief TP conference, one spell. Hide. Unlike our opponents whose strategy is a house of cards made from sketchy optimistic assumptions, our foundation is sound.

Their assertion that withdrawing into Cassandra's cloak constitutes some kind of BFR forfeit is no less flawed. While she is invisible and immaterial, she is present. The rest of the team is within a pocket dimension she carries within her. That hardly constitutes some sort of ring-out, especially since we are actively engaging you.

The claim that they would be devoured by the Thing in the Cloak fails to hold water as well. Cloak has done exactly this sort of battlefield-taxi maneuver, without Dagger present, in the Runaways, House of M/HoM Avengers, Civil War (a huge group), and most recently in the first issue of Secret Invasion. His passengers complain about the ride, but they don't fall out as lifeless husks unless he willfully drains them. Every single member of our team has the mental/spiritual stamina to withstand/ignore the nightmares for a short while, particularly if Cassandra is holding back.

Zeitgeist
Originally posted by Laminator_X
Looks like it's about time to wrap up.

First off, using huge type and prefacing your assertions with "Fact:" does not make them any more valid. It just makes them noisier.
Actually, including videos, obnoxious color and any such dramatized font earns your team an extra point for noise factor. Amendment made by Red a few weeks ago. Check it out, it's in the rules.

As for Fact, that's not an attempt at validity (no such attempt need be made), rather than just a statement. Of fact.

They also can't seem to decide exactly whom they are fielding. Blackbolt? What?
laughing out loud

My bad. The drawn up plan prior to this one looked much different, and included Blackagar, but.... clearly he's not here. And not needed to win. Ah well.

Laminator_X
You can do {color=obnoxious} ? wink

Continued and completed (I was editing my above, but ran over the edit time limit):

Much of their counter-argument hinges on the idea that a surprise attack from Magneto backed by an ocean of TK from the Multi-Max brigade could do nothing to degrade their Power-copying suits. If they were on-gaurd specifically against it that might be true, but that's hardly the case here.

Also take note that their counter-arguments seem to hinge on thinking that Animal Man might be able to out-duplicate Madrox, or that all Kryptonians are as strong-willed and powerful as Supes. These are hardly worth considering. Their only real attempt at addressing the Army of Maximas was to suggest that they wouldn't fit inside the Cloak, a claim which has no basis whatsoever.

Any who do put up a resistance will still have to deal with our reserve. For instance. Cassandra Sombra could take the Ray-Jor-el combo off the field with ease. It would cost her the use of the Cloak for the rest of the battle, but her mutant powers (including a lesser intangability of her own) intact. Shamperion and Loki are no less potent or versatile.

Finally, as the judges weigh these two visions of how this battle might go, they will hopefully notice the degree to which our opponents strategy is full of inter-character power-meshing all working perfectly with no practice, highly optimistic about speculation about certain power interactions, complex sequences of events, and many interdependencies that could easily come unravelled should even one of those assumptions falls through.

In contrast, our plan is simple and easily executed at our characters' normal capacities. Our only assumption was that the other side would come out swinging, which they did. Everything else flows from there.

Zeitgeist
And about the actual points...

Our enemies strategy is a mishmosh. It relies on a great deal of cross-character boosting, equipping, and coordination to a degree that would make Rube Goldberg smile. Super-speed helps, but some things can't be rushed, especially the some of deeply personal powers they're throwing around. It's simply too much to successfully co-ordinate in 15 seconds, especially given how much they're banking on the Meggan/Firestorm combo, merging one of the flakiest powerhouses with one of the most easily befuddled ones. Our plan, as I clearly laid out, doesn't rely on cross-character boosts. And how is it too much to coordinate in 15 seconds, when we can have our entire prep planned out before the 15 seconds start, and we are in complete control of out characters? Coordination is hardly necessary.

In essence our plan is this:

Meggan+ Spawn recreate Super Skrull's suit
Characters put them on. Speedsters put them on others.
Meggan/Animal Man/Jor-El all go through the clone making process, and the power copying process
Remaining time is spent sharing and absorbing energy

When the majority of your characters leave human thought in the dust, that's not a lot to ask, nor is it generally convoluted or illogical.

Meggan/Firestorm's personal faults matter little in a tourney situatino.

And we're certainly not banking on her. She's just one of the many characters whom you can't keep up with or counter.

In contrast our prep is simple and easily orchestrated. Brief TP conference, one spell. Hide. Unlike our opponents whose strategy is a house of cards made from sketchy optimistic assumptions, our foundation is sound.Your plan is blown as soon as Meggan releases a blast and Jor-El blitzes.

Loki's thought process can't keep up with the speed of our attack, and the illusion will reveal itself when the characters remain standing there, don't die, or any such obvious foolery.

There are no "sketchy optimistic assumptions" that would collapse our plan, and your inability to offer one por ejemplo is the obvious result of that.

Their assertion that withdrawing into Cassandra's cloak constitutes some kind of BFR forfeit is no less flawed. While she is invisible and immaterial, she is present. The rest of the team is within a pocket dimension she carries within her. That hardly constitutes some sort of ring-out, especially since we are actively engaging you. Your entire team has run away to a separate dimension. That's by the book, self BFR.

And, just curious, how are you trying to reason that your team starts the battle in a separate dimension?

Your entire team would have to enter Cloak once the battle starts... meaning we kill you before you have an opportunity to run away and BFR yourself.

The claim that they would be devoured by the Thing in the Cloak fails to hold water as well. Cloak has done exactly this sort of battlefield-taxi maneuver, without Dagger present, in the Runaways, House of M/HoM Avengers, Civil War (a huge group), and most recently in the first issue of Secret Invasion. His passengers complain about the ride, but they don't fall out as lifeless husks unless he willfully drains them. Every single member of our team has the mental/spiritual stamina to withstand/ignore the nightmares for a short while, particularly if Cassandra is holding back. Take notice, judges, that he can't name a single group comprised of NEARLY the number of mass murderers with PLENTY of darkness within them. Cloak wouldn't be able to resist. Not only are they attempting to have the NORSE GOD OF EVIL do extremely precise trickery that he can't keep up with while in the absolutely worst place for evil to be, they are also filling it with 40 Maximas, Magneto, and even having Cassandra Nova there would be extremely detrimental (what would Cloak do if there were tons of darkness within himself?).

They eliminate themselves definitely mentally and most probably entirely before things even get rolling.

Not that the Cloak plan is legal, and not that they can start there, but, hey, let them kill themselves. Saves us trouble.

Zeitgeist
You can do {color=obnoxious} ? wink Well, I have tried. It was some hellish shade, like magenta got drunk.

Much of their counter-argument hinges on the idea that a surprise attack from Magneto backed by an ocean of TK from the Multi-Max brigade could do nothing to degrade their Power-copying suits. If they were on-gaurd specifically against it that might be true, but that's hardly the case here. Meggan on her own can match Magneto's speed. And, as you stated in your prep, the Maximas will only come out after Magneto. Regardless, a single power blast would deter your forces easily enough for Firestorm, Meggan, Jor-El, Supergirl and Spawn to one-shot the rest.

And again you seem to believe that our plan hinges on the suits. Hardly. It just makes the whole thing a little bit funnier.

Also take note that their counter-arguments seem to hinge on thinking that Animal Man might be able to out-duplicate Madrox, or that all Kryptonians are as strong-willed and powerful as Supes. These are hardly worth considering. Their only real attempt at addressing the Army of Maximas was to suggest that they wouldn't fit inside the Cloak, a claim which has no basis whatsoever. Animal Man:
a) does not have a set limit on dupes
b) does not require kinetic energy expenditure to dupe
c) is sharing his powers with 11 other people, who can all dupe as fast as him

So I think it's safe to say that we can outdupe Madrox.

As for Kryptonians, we don't need Superman level resistance to defeat the Multi-Maxis. We have an army of Kryptonians, and the army of Meggan/Firestorms can take out most of them herself.

Any who do put up a resistance will still have to deal with our reserve. For instance. Cassandra Sombra could take the Ray-Jor-el combo off the field with ease. It would cost her the use of the Cloak for the rest of the battle, but her mutant powers (including a lesser intangability of her own) intact. Shamperion and Loki are no less potent or versatile. Cassandra Sombra can take out an army of duplicating Ray/Kryptonians moving at ligh speed, in light particle form or humanoid form?

Ha.

Shamperion and Loki get blitzed.

Finally, as the judges weigh these two visions of how this battle might go, they will hopefully notice the degree to which our opponents strategy is full of inter-character power-meshing all working perfectly with no practice, highly optimistic about speculation about certain power interactions, complex sequences of events, and many interdependencies that could easily come unravelled should even one of those assumptions falls through. And yet, judging by how SuperSkrull's suit can handle an entire planet full of Superhumans at once, and we have not claimed to utilize strange tactics at all out of the realm of our character's normal power sets, this whole paragraph of yours is for naught.

In contrast, our plan is simple and easily executed at our characters' normal capacities. Our only assumption was that the other side would come out swinging, which they did. Everything else flows from there. In contrast, your plan is underwhelming, illegal, suicidal, impossible, and simply falls short of anything close to the required.

Akuki
Couple of points I want to address here:
1. The idea that you'll be able to hide from us. To be honest it's pretty ridiculous, the scans power suits very clearly demonstrate that the suits automatically provide the wearer with the full sensory abilities of every single superhuman in range. That means the we should be able to locate you nearly instantly, especially considering how many individuals in this match possess magic sensing abilities.
2. Since the suit is essentially a mixture of Dr. Doom's armor and the anti-assasination suit, all of our characters would be protected by both Dr. Doom's anti-mind control defenses, and by the fact that his forcefield makes him COMPLETELY IMMUNE to Magneto's powers. That little snippet you posted earlier was from House of M and as such wasn't canon.
3. There's one particualr point a lot of you are missing. Dr. Doom with the power cosmic as well as everything else means for the most part just about everyone is completely screwed. The man already has the experience with it, so he can come out of the gate full power with it.
One particularly fun attack we can hit you with the moment you emerge is the vibration rays. Basically it slows you down so much that you can no longer move, turn you into living statues.
http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/483/5vibrationrayshh5.jpg
http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/1365/6vibrationraysfw6.jpg

llagrok
Go Akuki! Go for the win!

illadelph12
Wait, is this battle already over?

illadelph12
Hmm...

Devil Lance and Laminator X's plan of hiding their forces inside of Cloak was a major mistake, not due to the issue of self-BFR, but due to the issue of the properties of the Darkness Dimension and that your team is 3-4/8's villains.

Beyond that it comes down to offensive firepower, which Akuki/Smurph trump your team in, and your hindering yourselves even more with the Darknness Dimension part of your plan.

Poorly conceived in my opinion.

Judges Vote:

Akuki and Smurph

Ha-Son
Team Smurph/Akuki's offense was way too strong for team Laminator. It seemed as team laminator really didn't have any effective defense against Smurph/Akuki's attacks other than hiding inside cloak. Hiding yourself in a pocket dimesion just means you pretty much BFR'd yourselves.

Judges Vote:

Team Smurph/Akuki

Fuzzy Hawkeye
two votes out of a possible 3, Smurph/Akuki win this round.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.