Cyclops vs. Batman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

MrHeavySilence
I was just wondering what other people thought seeing as how Cyclops stunned Batman with that concussive blast in "All Access," sending the dark knight immobile on the floor.

Then again, prior to that Batman had faced Scorpion, Bishop, Cannonball, and Storm..managing to beat them all (except Bishop, he just held his own)...so some could argue that he was softened up for Cyclops to knock him down.

What do you guys think?

brainchild81
Bats is great, but Cyclops would own him. Anybody got scans?

stormfront13
yeah you got scans of him beating all those people?

Feeble Force
Im not a big fan of bats but I think he can take cyclops. Bats has beaten tougher opponents.

jinzin
guess you missed the part where bats had cyclops in a headlocke and was choking him out huh?

I can post the scans if you guys want em.....?

brainchild81
We do.

Wickerman
Originally posted by jinzin
guess you missed the part where bats had cyclops in a headlocke and was choking him out huh?

I can post the scans if you guys want em.....?

indeed we do

~wickerman~

pr1983
been done before...

i have the comic, and the choking comes before cyke shoots him...

this match depends on the environment and starting distance between the two imo...

ZephroCarnelian
I agree with Pr1983

Bats is most effective up close, Cyke from afar.

If they started a distance apart, then Cykes deadly accuracy would knock Bats down before he came in close.

Up close, Bats is way out of Cykes league.

DarkCrawler
I think that Bats could use smoke granades, tear gas and other things and take him out with batarangs.

Of course, Cyke could shoot the batarangs out from the air if he would see them...

brainchild81
Bats would win, if Cyclops were just some idiot f**kup w/powers. He's not. He's a master tactician also. I really can't imagine Bats beating Cyclops without preptime. He'd destroy Jubilee though smile

pr1983
Originally posted by brainchild81
Bats would win, if Cyclops were just some idiot f**kup w/powers. He's not. He's a master tactician also. I really can't imagine Bats beating Cyclops without preptime. He'd destroy Jubilee though smile

brainchild, you or me could take jubilee... stick out tongue

brainchild81
lol. I hate Jubilee

Mainstream
lol. I hate Jubilee

everyone does laughing

KharmaDog
Bats beat Bishop? That's messed.

Mainstream
batman won't beat Bishop cuz that be a hate crime heh heh

brainchild81
Best case scenario:
Batman uses obstacles as cover, constantly moving but getting tired. Jubilee stumbles on to the battleground. Bats works his way towards her. Slim lets loose w/a kill shot that takes her head clean off by mistake. Batman escapes in the confusion. Prof X. comes in and wipes memories of Jubilee from everyone's mind. Including me.

pr1983
Best case scenario:
Batman uses obstacles as cover, constantly moving but getting tired. Jubilee stumbles on to the battleground. Bats works his way towards her. Slim lets loose w/a kill shot that takes her head clean off by mistake. Batman escapes in the confusion. Prof X. comes in and wipes memories of Jubilee from everyone's mind. Including me.

laughing

DarkCrawler
Best case scenario:

I would pay to see that in an comic.

BENITO
Batman

jinzin
k...

jinzin

jinzin

jinzin
......................................................................................................

jinzin

jinzin

jinzin
...........................................................................................................................................

jinzin
I'll be damned....he DID blast batman afterwards.....hmmm okay......well the point still stands.....batsy coulda snapped his neck in two before that happened....

stormfront13
how did batman manage to take out cyke and storm?? who wrote that

MrHeavySilence
Here's scans of how everything came to be.

MrHeavySilence
Scorpion

MrHeavySilence
lol.

MrHeavySilence

dawsey28
I have that comic, too. But did Cyclops use his full-strength blast against Bats?

http://jerome.galica.free.fr/marvel/X-Men/original/Cyclops_Animation.gif vs http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Batman/batman_Robin.gif

MrHeavySilence
o.0

jinzin
nah....but did bats use his full chi-techniques, batarangs, smoke granades, grenades, batarang grenades, sonic output device, shadow warrior tactics, bat nets, bat grappling hooks, flame thrower device etc etc etc?.

brainchild81
Originally posted by dawsey28
I have that comic, too. But did Cyclops use his full-strength blast against Bats?

The answer is no. Batman lived. I still can't tell from the pix what happened. In 1 Bats is choking him & the next he's been put down by a blast. How did Slim shoot him? Did he bounce it off something?

jinzin
it never shows what happened exactly there was a lot of super hero chaos going on at the moment....

dawsey28
The answer is no. Batman lived.

That's what I thought.

http://jerome.galica.free.fr/marvel/X-Men/original/2_cyclops_beam.gif
blowup

Cyclops wins.

http://jerome.galica.free.fr/marvel/X-Men/original/Cyclops5.gif vs http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Batman/Batman-L-BJC.gif

jinzin
and what have you to say to batmans "full chi-techniques, batarangs, smoke granades, grenades, batarang grenades, sonic output device, shadow warrior tactics, bat nets, bat grappling hooks, flame thrower device etc etc etc?."

brainchild81
He'd never get a chance to use them.

jinzin
bull**** that's what you're entire argument reisides on? hahaha

dawsey28
How could he use them if he is dead?

http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Batman/Batman-Byrne2.gif vs http://jerome.galica.free.fr/marvel/X-Men/original/Cyclops-JLee.gif

Nah... just kidding, it is possible for Batman to win. Batman has figured out ways to beat much tougher opponents. I guess you could call 50/50.

jinzin
i could.....but I won't while there is of course a chance that scott could take him out.....scott's limited to his one attack....batman's easily avoided similarly dangerous things....and he's not limited to one kind of attack......batman can take him out from a distance and up close....but scott is hella powerful....batman 70/30 possibly 60/40

brainchild81
Batman has beaten tougher opponents that were lousy tacticians. & preptime may have been used. Cyclops is no newb. Cyclops has different sized blasts. I think he could easily overwhelm Bats. It reasonably takes less time for Slim to shoot than it takes Bats to use his gadgets. I doubt that either one of these guys is gonna slip up. Slim could put him down before he uses anything. Bats ain't doing s**t from a distance but getting shot!

jinzin
cyclops has to reach up to deviate the size of the blasts....batman has so reach down to use his weapons....batman will take a small bit longer sure...but really....cyclops is no where near the tactician that batman is....and he's the one most likely to slip up......he better pray for a good lucky shot on bats...otherwise he's going down....

dawsey28
Batman has beaten tougher opponents that were lousy tacticians.

Bats has defeated tougher opponents that were very good tacticians also.

But, I agree that Cyclops is not just a one-trick pony.

http://jerome.galica.free.fr/dc%20comics/Batman/Batman-McGuinness.gif vs http://jerome.galica.free.fr/marvel/X-Men/original/Cyclopsup2.gif

jinzin
don't get me wrong he can use the blast in very tricky and creative ways......but bats can basically meet his ranged attacks easily enough.....and up close....it's not even a question...

brainchild81
cyclops has to reach up to deviate the size of the blasts....batman has so reach down to use his weapons....batman will take a small bit longer sure...but really....cyclops is no where near the tactician that batman is....and he's the one most likely to slip up......he better pray for a good lucky shot on bats...otherwise he's going down.... Bats is most likely a better tactician, but I'm not so sure about the "no where near the tactician that batman is" part. I already said it's doubtful that either one would make a mistake. Between the 2, Slim probably would make a mistake 1st, but he'd have won this fight way before he's had a good chance to f**k up.

but bats can basically meet his ranged attacks easily enough.Easily enough?
Not really. Maybe you could explain how.

jinzin
as far as the better tactician.....their different....cyclops is a good tactician in terms of leading a team of heroes taking charge and giving orders.....batman on the other hand has to be a better tactician for the safety of his life I'm sure you can already see where cyclops is falling short....aside from that batman cheats....a lot....he'll do whatever it takes...
now as for cyk taking him down before making a mistake.....
..possibly....can he hit bats?...I mean I really don't even need to go into his historical battles....he's dodging almost everything the x-men are throwing his way.... even then all batman needs to do is grab a batarang grnade chuck it while he's dodging the blast and then no more cyclops......the fight isn't gonna start out with scott using his wide beam... scotts gonna go into this one the same way he does with all his battles...batman's gonna kill him....

brainchild81
My sarcasm post:
And of course Slim can't do anything @ all to counter an unstoppable Batarang grenade. He'd never shoot it while it's still close to Batman. Cyclops is a good team leader and all but he's totally useless by himself. The solo sessions in the Danger Room mean nothing. People never underestimate Batman's opponents in VS. threads. I've never ever seen Batman get shot before.

jinzin
commmmmmmoooooonnnnn! lol

bats can throw 4 or more batarangs at any given time....or 2 batarang and two smoke grenades....

ohhhhhhh the danger room......as opposed to batman's real dangerous life.....

and batman doesn't need to prove himself to you...lol.....he's dodges automatic gun fire and gun fire on multiple occasions...

brainchild81
Batman usually uses things around him as cover. I've seen him get shot before. These are 2 quality heroes, but I don't see Batman taking out Slim w/o prep. More sarcasm: Cyclops has the worst aim and those usually nameless thugs who shoot at Bats are the greatest of marksmen. Cyclops has no danger in his life outside of the danger room. Danger Room perils are nothing compared to some mugger in an alley or Bane or the Joker. He'd never shoot another blast @ Batman as he dodges and reaches for 4 or more objects. He'd never blast the ground underneath Batman or use his blasts in any way that might slow down Bats for a second. Even if he did, a man who fires powerful blasts from him eyes couldn't possibly end this fight in a second.

jinzin
sarcasm post: cyclops is soooo powerful he could take batman .....there I'm done..

brainchild81
lol. Only I may do sarcasm posts! You owe me 5 cents now.smile In a fight:
Thanos>Cyclops>Batman.

jinzin
lol wait wait wait nobody told me about a sacrasm fee.......

and we all know the order is: JP, batman with prep time, thanos, batman without, turd, cyclops

jinzin
lol sorry (kinda) couldn't resist...

brainchild81
It's alright. In hand to hand: Bats > Cyclops. In chess: Bats > Cyclops(Most likely). If for some reason you take away the blasts and give Cyclops gadgets: Bats > Cyclops. With preptime or help: Bats > Cyclops, but in a no-prep battle: Cyclops > Bats.

jinzin
i disagree...

pr1983
i wont sarcasm post big grin

if cyke can see bats coming and has about... 20 feet bats is toast... even if bats uses cover...

cyclops is extremely accurate, he had quicksilver pissing himself at one time...

up close batman would destroy him (unless cyke uses those blasts up close)

K3VIL
Batman knocking down Cannonball and beating Scorpion is one of the greatest proof of crap writing in the comic book history, and him being able of handling the X-Menn is crapper.Ice Man or Storm alone, even the young Cannonball can put down him with ease.
Batman is simply overrated, it took Luke Cage, Iron Fist and Spider-Man to put down that enhanced version of Scorpion.

stormfront13
yeah i can't believe they published a book where bats takes down scorpion, storm, cannonball and cyke, all by himself

jinzin
well batman wasn't really beatin the xmen pre say just avoiding them like the plague.....it didn't work very long though so I don't know what you guys are griping about.....

anyways in the scorpion fight the commentary makes a point to say that batman was calculating every move......he knew just when and were to hit scorpion to take him down.....needless to say, scorpion isn't exactly known for being the greatest tactition...lol. aside from that, he fights using his emotions not his head....exactly the kind of oponent that batman can easily exploit.....and apparently did for that matter....you guys underate bats so much....go to the batman spiderman thread go a page or two back and read the batman:shadow warrior skills I posted about.....I think you'll find you have a lot more respect for the guy in the bat suit after that....

stormfront13
i think i already read that and still don't know how they would have someonme like batman hold back people like storm and cannonball, both could easily defeat them

jinzin
he didn't hold them back he used cannonballs own speed and power against him....and storm.....other than that he just dodged his way out of crap.....it was impressive..but he didn't win....no reason to think it's bad writing...

who?-kid
Originally posted by stormfront13
i think i already read that and still don't know how they would have someonme like batman hold back people like storm and cannonball, both could easily defeat them
It's very simple : the underdog always wins, especially when the underdog happens to be a very popular character. People like to read stuff like that.

Well, some people do lol...

stormfront13
well others have said that he won and took them out

jinzin
"It's very simple : the underdog always wins, especially when the underdog happens to be a very popular character. People like to read stuff like that.

Well, some people do lol..."

this coming from the guy who thinks spidey took out the x-men in a fight...

jinzin
"well others have said that he won and took them out"

just look at the pics I posted for you guys...he obviously did not win...

LordFear
Listen, I think that people are banking too much on Cyke's powers.
Optic blast is his only means of offensive weapon whereas Bats has an array of technical things at his disposal and when all else fails, his brains as a master tactician and physical prowesses comes into play.
BTW I want to point out that there is a version of Bat's armor which is similar to the movie version where his cape is flame proof and he has this neat little gadget in his utility belt which creates a temporary force field enabling him to withstand things like a small explosion or a crumbling house decending on him etc....
So if they make this confration with Bat's having some kind of insight or foresight to Cyke's ability then advantage Bruce

pr1983
Originally posted by LordFear
Listen, I think that people are banking too much on Cyke's powers.
Optic blast is his only means of offensive weapon whereas Bats has an array of technical things at his disposal and when all else fails, his brains as a master tactician and physical prowesses comes into play.
BTW I want to point out that there is a version of Bat's armor which is similar to the movie version where his cape is flame proof and he has this neat little gadget in his utility belt which creates a temporary force field enabling him to withstand things like a small explosion or a crumbling house decending on him etc....
So if they make this confration with Bat's having some kind of insight or foresight to Cyke's ability then advantage Bruce

cykes beam is pure force, i doubt batmans cape can withstand so much...

who?-kid
"It's very simple : the underdog always wins, especially when the underdog happens to be a very popular character. People like to read stuff like that.

Well, some people do lol..."

this coming from the guy who thinks spidey took out the x-men in a fight...
Never said that. He only surprised them, and was gone before they knew what was happening - he only pushed them around a bit (and backhanded Wolverine while telling jokes).

LordFear
Originally posted by pr1983
cykes beam is pure force, i doubt batmans cape can withstand so much...

Not so much the cape but the force field capability that he has at his disposal.
Again terrain is a factor because if this is a desolate area where there is little place to hide then advantage Scott but then again the sam can be said when posting pretty much any Spidey versus thread.
Spidey without corners and high rises to swing off of, he is a lame duck ready to get plucked by anybody skillful enough.

who?-kid
and what have you to say to batmans "full chi-techniques, batarangs, smoke granades, grenades, batarang grenades, sonic output device, shadow warrior tactics, bat nets, bat grappling hooks, flame thrower device etc etc etc?."
Is he gonna throw that stuff all at once at Cyke ?

jinzin
he can do two to three at any given time at once....at the least...

LordFear
A multidimensional character will always have the upper hand version a one dimensional one,Period.

jinzin
i don;t know about "period" but yeah bats definietly has the advantage...

WindDancer
Batman can easily throw a batrang at Cyclops lenses and shatter them. Thus Cyclops Optic blasts will leave him in a uncontrollable state of confusion. Batman could take advantage of Cyclops instability and render him unconsious with another batrang to the head. Batman wins!

x_danny_x
nobody beats Batman!

jinzin
lol.....indeed..

pr1983
Originally posted by WindDancer
Batman can easily throw a batrang at Cyclops lenses and shatter them. Thus Cyclops Optic blasts will leave him in a uncontrollable state of confusion. Batman could take advantage of Cyclops instability and render him unconsious with another batrang to the head. Batman wins!

firstly, if cyclops can see him throw it then cyclops can easily shoot it... and to break the lenses is going to take bullseye level accuracy, batman unfortunately doesnt have that...

jinzin
he doesn't? are you kidding....the same guy who threw a capsule into the barrel of a gun while flipping out of the way of oncoming fire? the same guy who richoceted a batarang of a statue that took out three different guys while he was avoiding fire from multiple opponents WHILE not even looking in their direction?!?!

no I think his aiming ability will suffice....

pr1983
he doesn't? are you kidding....the same guy who threw a capsule into the barrel of a gun while flipping out of the way of oncoming fire? the same guy who richoceted a batarang of a statue that took out three different guys while he was avoiding fire from multiple opponents WHILE not even looking in their direction?!?!

no I think his aiming ability will suffice....

i dont doubt batman is extremely accutrate, but he has to do it while cyclops is firing...

Cosmic Cube
Cyclops takes off his visor, Batman loses.

jinzin
"i dont doubt batman is extremely accutrate, but he has to do it while cyclops is firing"

did you not just understand that? batman was getting fired at from multiple angles and wasn't looking when he banked his batarang of a statue to hit 3 guys while avoiding fire still and not looking....

"Cyclops takes off his visor, Batman loses."

cause batman's gonna stand around to see what happens when cyclops takes off his visor...

Creshosk
"i dont doubt batman is extremely accutrate, but he has to do it while cyclops is firing"

did you not just understand that? batman was getting fired at from multiple angles and wasn't looking when he banked his batarang of a statue to hit 3 guys while avoiding fire still and not looking....

cause batman's gonna stand around to see what happens when cyclops takes off his visor... How the hell did Batman punch canonball out of his blast mode?

kgkg

cause batman's gonna stand around to see what happens when cyclops takes off his visor...
cyc can cover a large area with one shot. (Forest)

If Cyc wants a kill he will get a kill

pr1983

cyclops is unbelievably accurate, he's no common thug... it will take all of batmans agility to dodge and hope he can get close enough...

and if cyke takes off his visor, whats bats gonna do? run away? he doesnt move that fast...

Cosmic Cube

How does he know?

Regardless, when the visor is off, everything Cyclops sees gets blasted at full strength. All he has to do is catch a glimpse of Batman. Unless Batman is quicker than the human eye can track, he's as good as plastered.

jinzin
how is cyk gonna know he needs to take off his visor....it goes both ways....

brainchild81
Originally posted by x_danny_x
nobody beats Batman! lol. Sarcasm post:Of course, that's why he's undefeated. The kids are calling him "navigation", 'cause he ain't never lost! His win percentage is 100%. He's the only undefeated hero in comics.

Cosmic Cube
how is cyk gonna know he needs to take off his visor....it goes both ways....

That makes no sense. I said Cyclops could take his visor off and demolish Batman. You implied that Batman would stop him, or avoid this attack using his super speed.

kgkg
Originally posted by Cosmic Cube
That makes no sense. I said Cyclops could take his visor off and demolish Batman. You implied that Batman would stop him, or avoid this attack using his super speed.
Super Speed? what

Cosmic Cube
Originally posted by kgkg
Super Speed? what

Of course Batman has super speed. Before Cyclops could think about taking off the visor, Batman would have broken his arms, or jumped over his head.

jinzin
what I'm saying is that in the time it takes for cyclops to take off his visor he will have already fired a couple concentrated blasts and missed..how else would he have to be driven towards this kind of offense...it's completely out of character....batman being the paranoid **** he is...won't give him the chance and will hit him with one or two or three of any array of defferent devices in his arsenal.......he's been able to nail a razor batarang into guys hand has the guy was reaching for his gun.....he can do the same to cyclops...how does that imply super speed?

brainchild81
But in almost all your posts you seem to think Cyclops can't evade or blast any gadgets that Batman can throw @ him. You make Cyclops seem like an idiot. Does Slim have to be a moron for Bats to win? How come Bats gets to be smart, but all his opponents are turned into drooling idiots who stand there and wait for Bats to hit him w/his gadgets?

jinzin
I have? geee please direct me to my "cyclops is an idiot" post....

brainchild81
OK. Look @ pretty much all your posts. If somehow Bats managed to evade the 1st blast, why on earth wouldn't Slim just Blast him with a wide angle blast as he evades the 1st one? Or why couldn't Slim just continue a single non-stop blast? All he's really got to do is look @ him and it's over.

pr1983
I have? geee please direct me to my "cyclops is an idiot" post....

dude, whether you intentionally meant to or not, some of your posts conveyed the idea that bats would definately hit cyke with whatever gadgets he used...

OK. Look @ pretty much all your posts. If somehow Bats managed to evade the 1st blast, why on earth wouldn't Slim just Blast him with a wide angle blast as he evades the 1st one?

cyclops could very easily use his blasts to herd batman in a certain direction and catch him out...

Creshosk
Part of the problem with a wide area optic blast is it's height. . . It doesn't have any. . . So it would be kind of difficult to heard batman. . .

jinzin
"dude, whether you intentionally meant to or not, some of your posts conveyed the idea that bats would definately hit cyke with whatever gadgets he used..."

he probably could....

"cyclops could very easily use his blasts to herd batman in a certain direction and catch him out"

just like how bats can do the same to him with grenades?

brainchild81
dude, whether you intentionally meant to or not, some of your posts conveyed the idea that bats would definately hit cyke with whatever gadgets he used...
cyclops could very easily use his blasts to herd batman in a certain direction and catch him out... Exactly. Good post. Originally posted by jinzin
just like how bats can do the same to him with grenades? Sarcasm post:You mean the ones he can throw that travel faster than Cyclops's blasts? The one's he could throw faster than Slim can shoot because of his Super Speed?

Cosmic Cube
"dude, whether you intentionally meant to or not, some of your posts conveyed the idea that bats would definately hit cyke with whatever gadgets he used..."

he probably could....

"cyclops could very easily use his blasts to herd batman in a certain direction and catch him out"

just like how bats can do the same to him with grenades?

He probably couldn't. Cyclops isn't some amateur fighter. He won't just ignore Batman's attacks like an idiot. Cyclop's trigonometric senses and accuracy are superb. Almost everything Batman throws at Scott will get blasted. Batman himself will get blasted.

jinzin
so scott can protect himself from three different projectiles hitting three different places of his body at the same time? really....how?

Creshosk
so scott can protect himself from three different projectiles hitting three different places of his body at the same time? really....how? Training. . .

What if bats threw something that shouldn't be blasted after throwing some things that should?

jinzin
and what if he don't?

brainchild81
This was lost in my editing phase.quote: (post)

Sarcasm post:You mean the ones he can throw that travel faster than Cyclops's blasts? The one's he could throw faster than Slim can shoot because of his Super Speed?

pr1983
ok, i am goona assume people here have seen the first x-men movie...

in it there is a scene where jean is telekinetically throwing small yellow disks at cyclops...

he fires extremely fast at several targets and seems to have little difficulty destroying them... keeping in mind movie cyclops appears to be slower and less experienced than comic cyclops...

now, batman is what, peak human? he can throw a grenade or three, and cyclops with even a small blast can deflect or detonate them...

if this becomes a ranged battle, batman is a goner, bruce needs to get up close and personal, then he can bi7chslap cyke all he wants...

jinzin
cause jean was really trying to hurt him with those plates during training....oh wait that's right...it was a movie...it don't matter here......unless I can bring up whatever media I choose....in that case.....oh man....scott please forgive me....i never meant for you to die like this....

Creshosk
Wait. . we've gone from shooting batarangs to shooting things that explode?

pr1983
cause jean was really trying to hurt him with those plates during training....oh wait that's right...it was a movie...it don't matter here......unless I can bring up whatever media I choose....in that case.....oh man....scott please forgive me....i never meant for you to die like this....

huh

it was an example...

jinzin
lol...

jinzin
"it was an example..."

I know I know....I'm just saying i'd like a pic of cyc shooting several projectiles coming at him at the same time from the comics....

if you start using examples from diff media...so shall I.... fair enough?

Creshosk
"it was an example..."

I know I know....I'm just saying i'd like a pic of cyc shooting several projectiles coming at him at the same time from the comics....

if you start using examples from diff media...so shall I.... fair enough? Actually Cyke can do that. . . but it does distract him a bit because he has to focus on that. . .

Batman has the brains in this fight. . . No offense to Cyclops but Batman is supposed to be highly intelligent.

jinzin
exactly he can't do it right off the bat...lol...no pun intended....

anyways....anytime that he uses to focus will be valuble tie IN batmans favor.....

brainchild81
Originally posted by Creshosk
Actually Cyke can do that. . . but it does distract him a bit because he has to focus on that. . .

Batman has the brains in this fight. . . No offense to Cyclops but Batman is supposed to be highly intelligent. I think we all know that Bats is highly intelligent. Nobody here is doubting that, but it's not like Cyclops is some idiot who just got his powers and has no battle experience.

jinzin
nobodies doubting that either...

Creshosk
I think we all know that Bats is highly intelligent. Nobody here is doubting that, but it's not like Cyclops is some idiot who just got his powers and has no battle experience. I didn't call Cyclops an idiot. He's just not as smart as Batman is.

brainchild81
That's wonderful. You don't need to be as smart as Batman is to beat him. Is everyone who's beaten Bats smarter than he is?

Swanky-Tuna
What're you smoking, jinzin? How is he going to break Cyclops' visor while he's firing? Is he going to throw a handful of Juggernauts to walk through the beam?

jinzin
lol.....he can bust up the outer part...not the lens...but it would still do damage none the less...

Swanky-Tuna
lol.....he can bust up the outer part...not the lens...but it would still do damage none the less...
That'd be like putting your face in front of the cap of a fire hydrant then cutting it open with a lightsabre.

Creshosk
lol.....he can bust up the outer part...not the lens...but it would still do damage none the less... Yeah like swanky said. . not a good idea. . .

jinzin
yeah I know that....I'm just saying it can be done......I'm not even the one who came up with the idea to destroy his visor...so I don't know why i'm arguing this....but it can be done nonetheless.

Creshosk
yeah I know that....I'm just saying it can be done......I'm not even the one who came up with the idea to destroy his visor...so I don't know why i'm arguing this....but it can be done nonetheless. Yeah it can be done. not a good idea. But it can be done.

lifeisaglich
Think what jinzin is getting at here is that in batman's arsenal there are batarangs that explode if there are damage. So batman can throw two or decoy for cycke to destroy then he can then throw the batarang I explained above. Smoke or explosion comes right out infront cycke face, he is destracted long enough for batman to do what ever he was planning next.

jinzin
well that was one of my original points yes...before it got all crazy....

Creshosk
well that was one of my original points yes...before it got all crazy.... And that's what I was refering to with batman throwing something that shouldn't be zapped.

jinzin
batman's always 3 steps ahead....if the batarang didn't work he'd already be cooking somethin up that would..

Creshosk
batman's always 3 steps ahead....if the batarang didn't work he'd already be cooking somethin up that would.. Batman fights dirty. . . I don't know why people don't understand this. laughing out loud

jinzin
they understand it they can't all be that dumb....they just neglect it or ignore it cause it will destroy their delusional imaged they've set up for their heroes....

FieryBalrog
they understand it they can't all be that dumb....they just neglect it or ignore it cause it will destroy their delusional imaged they've set up for their heroes....

you mean the delusional image of batman built up around here? :P

batman w/ prep time vs thanos, i want a rematch!

seriously, cyclops isnt built into something huge here. but hes definitely a powerful x-man. Quick, someone post the image of cyclops leveling the entire forest.

jinzin
"batman w/ prep time vs thanos, i want a rematch!"

wait......did he he actually win that?!?!?!

mr.smiley
that's awesome cyke took him down

jinzin
are you reffering to the pics? yeah after he miraculously got outof a sleeper hold....hmmmmmmm

JWangSDC
you say miraculously like it shouldn't have happened. Kinda like how batman miraculously dodges bullets...

But the fact tha Cyke got out of the hold...isn't that more proof for Cyke's favor? I mean bat got as close as possible (sleeper hold) and somehow cyke got away... That's basically the best shot bats will ever get @ cyke. The further away he is...the more of an advantage cyke has.

are you reffering to the pics? yeah after he miraculously got outof a sleeper hold....hmmmmmmm

jinzin
"But the fact tha Cyke got out of the hold...isn't that more proof for Cyke's favor?"

well it would be...but we obviously saw cyclops in a losing position....throughout the fight....justice league members and x-men were interfering in eachother's fights throughout the whole thing for instance: green lantern was about to kill iceman but bishoop got in the way and was about to kill green lantern until flash beat him down......so it's just as safe to assume he didn't get out of that position alone....

LordFear
Can we get back on track with the subject at hand?
Bat's possesses too many options to use to disable Cyke.
A sonic scream burst would disorient Cyke long enough to do damage.
Vomit gas, tear gas and those nifty little nitro pellets that freezes anything on contact. Let's go a step further and say if Bat's is in his element as in Gotham, forget it cuz then he calls upon his creepy little friends in the cave,the real bats!!Flying at Cyke scratching and mutilating Cyke. Yes Scott can blast them but by then he is disabled.
Close combat and Scott loses. Not many other option for Scott aside from distance and Bat's just needs Scott to use that trick once and he will be hip to it. I mean c'mon I would even say Azreal and Nightwing would take Scott down.

pr1983
"it was an example..."

if you start using examples from diff media...so shall I.... fair enough?

i have an example, ill find it...

Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
What're you smoking, jinzin? How is he going to break Cyclops' visor while he's firing? Is he going to throw a handful of Juggernauts to walk through the beam?

laughing

Can we get back on track with the subject at hand?
Bat's possesses too many options to use to disable Cyke.
A sonic scream burst would disorient Cyke long enough to do damage.
Vomit gas, tear gas and those nifty little nitro pellets that freezes anything on contact. Let's go a step further and say if Bat's is in his element as in Gotham, forget it cuz then he calls upon his creepy little friends in the cave,the real bats!!Flying at Cyke scratching and mutilating Cyke. Yes Scott can blast them but by then he is disabled.
Close combat and Scott loses. Not many other option for Scott aside from distance and Bat's just needs Scott to use that trick once and he will be hip to it. I mean c'mon I would even say Azreal and Nightwing would take Scott down.

azrael and nightwing? are you kidding?

bats has to get his gadgets close to cyke...

Gryn Jabar
Batman gets blown away, then cyclops does a dance on his body all the while yelling "Marvel r0x0r!"

8bitChris
"well it would be...but we obviously saw cyclops in a losing position....throughout the fight....justice league members and x-men were interfering in eachother's fights throughout the whole thing for instance: green lantern was about to kill iceman but bishoop got in the way and was about to kill green lantern until flash beat him down......so it's just as safe to assume he didn't get out of that position alone...."

How very political...You avoided truly answering his question with a worthy reply by bringing up a completely unrelated situation to the sleeper hold and assumed it would have worked out the same way.

pr1983
Originally posted by 8bitChris
"well it would be...but we obviously saw cyclops in a losing position....throughout the fight....justice league members and x-men were interfering in eachother's fights throughout the whole thing for instance: green lantern was about to kill iceman but bishoop got in the way and was about to kill green lantern until flash beat him down......so it's just as safe to assume he didn't get out of that position alone...."

How very political...You avoided truly answering his question with a worthy reply by bringing up a completely unrelated situation to the sleeper hold and assumed it would have worked out the same way.

i dont get this... it was a sleeper hold...cyclops has martial arts training (obviously not as much as bats), but it was just a sleeper hold... anybody with a little training and strength should be able to break a hold like that...

LordFear
i have an example, ill find it...

laughing

azrael and nightwing? are you kidding?

bats has to get his gadgets close to cyke...

I believe it,
Let's look at Dick. He is a natural talent. What Bat's has to work at very hard to attain physically, Dick has an innate ability to do so.

Jean Paul, his ferocity when engaging a fight is frightning at best. He is the darker version of Bruce plus borderline psychotic.

I can't see a one dimensional guy like Cyke taking these guys down.
You have to back up your argument with much more than just " His optic blast at full level will decimate everything" That's simply not enough. You are pitting these guys against a dude who only has one thing at best as a means of getting victory and frankly that's not a full proof thing.

brainchild81
Cyclops has trained the living hell out of that one thing though. It's really all he needs because he's great @ it. He's not known for missing and one blast is all it takes. I doubt he'd miss 2x. He can also blast ceilings and floors. He could reasonably easily herd Bats where he wants to. Every gadget Bats uses is something he's gonna have to reach for and then use. Cyclops can bust out at least 3 shots in that time. And he's a DAMN good shot. You guys are relying on Cyclops missing EVERY shot and getting hit or affected by something Bats has for Bats to win. I'm saying Bats and Cyclops can both be on the top of their games and Scott will still lose. Bats only real chance is getting up close and even then, he's a much bigger target up close. Try to use some serious logic here people. Slim can fire one shot that would go through Bats AND whatever he's trying to throw. Nightwing and Az are no different.

DarkCrawler
What if Batman throws an tear gas granade or sleeper gas granade towards Cyke. He shoots them out from the air, but wouldn't the gas that is inside the granades explode into Cyke's face?

jinzin
"i dont get this... it was a sleeper hold...cyclops has martial arts training (obviously not as much as bats), but it was just a sleeper hold... anybody with a little training and strength should be able to break a hold like that..."

that's not the point.....batman had scott in a losing position....snap neck.....scotts dead....

the next pic is questionable because there's no way to tell how scott got out of it.....batman's the man at hand to hand and anyone who can apply it decently can implement on instant choking/gagging reflex and render someone out in a few moments....I've seen a girl choke a guy out nearly immediately with "just a sleeper hold" who was like 3 times her size.......

MERCILOUS
I dare someone to get out of my sleeperhold. Unless you're at least 3 times stronger than me or twice the fighter it aint happening.

LordFear
Cyclops has trained the living hell out of that one thing though. It's really all he needs because he's great @ it. He's not known for missing and one blast is all it takes. I doubt he'd miss 2x. He can also blast ceilings and floors. He could reasonably easily herd Bats where he wants to. Every gadget Bats uses is something he's gonna have to reach for and then use. Cyclops can bust out at least 3 shots in that time. And he's a DAMN good shot. You guys are relying on Cyclops missing EVERY shot and getting hit or affected by something Bats has for Bats to win. I'm saying Bats and Cyclops can both be on the top of their games and Scott will still lose. Bats only real chance is getting up close and even then, he's a much bigger target up close. Try to use some serious logic here people. Slim can fire one shot that would go through Bats AND whatever he's trying to throw. Nightwing and Az are no different.

If he is so formidable why is it that he doesn't demonstrate more prowess in the comix? Why because he would prefer the other members to look good while he looks inferior?
I am reading these posts on how Cyke is a Bullseye of some sort and I haven't seen that demonstrated often enough as to believe it.
I am going on what the current continuum version of both characters have done in the past and what they have demonstrated more often than not as to what their strengths and weaknesses are.
I don't see Cyke blasting three batarangs and one vomit gas plus nitro pellet I see Cyke falling for it and blasting the batarangs and getting caught by the other. Remember what makes Bat's a great opponent, you can't keep using the same trick against him for too long.

Lord-of-Dreams
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
I dare someone to get out of my sleeperhold. Unless you're at least 3 times stronger than me or twice the fighter it aint happening.

Bats is both triple Cyke's strength and double his skill in the ring. Bats could win this with a good plan. Unless, of course, Cyke strips the visor.

FieryBalrog
If he is so formidable why is it that he doesn't demonstrate more prowess in the comix? Why because he would prefer the other members to look good while he looks inferior?
I am reading these posts on how Cyke is a Bullseye of some sort and I haven't seen that demonstrated often enough as to believe it.
I am going on what the current continuum version of both characters have done in the past and what they have demonstrated more often than not as to what their strengths and weaknesses are.
I don't see Cyke blasting three batarangs and one vomit gas plus nitro pellet I see Cyke falling for it and blasting the batarangs and getting caught by the other. Remember what makes Bat's a great opponent, you can't keep using the same trick against him for too long.

someone post that pic of cyke taking down the sentinel in astonishing cool

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>