Predators

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
http://screenrant.com/archives/oh-god-aliens-vs-predator-3-is-1459.html

darthmaul1
First off they should get Adam Baldwin back to reprise his role of Garber and he could be with the now weyland yutani corp. Maybe bring in Jake Busey to play peter keys son? still have it on earth but on a remote tropical island where they have the preds pod from AVP-R and the frozen but now thawed alien queen from AVP. with her now producing eggs. there is the usual catasrophy to allow the aliens to run a muck and a predator ship that looks like the derilic craft in alien and aliens with a spacejockey on board are transporting eggs to other hunting grounds, they scan earth for the heat and conflict they crave and see the aliens are running a muck on the island they cloak and land but the scientist notice the atmospheric disterbance and go to the ship and place a homing device on it. (need some filler here) in the end the ship crashes on LV-426 and the last thing you see is the alien queen moving to the back of the ship and the camera pans back to reveil all the eggs and since there is a homing device on it this is how weyland yutani knows where the ship is and to bring back the life form.

exanda kane
$129M is a good gross, especially considering the budget. I have no idea where the guy got that impression from.

steverules
AvP in space sounds like a good thing, I hope we just get some good 'ol aliens and predators ripping each other to pieces and no damn humans

FistOfThe North
I'd watch AvP-3.

Sure, why not. I'll catch the Sat. morn matinee, with some popcorn and soda and relax and watch it.

Besides. i wanna see what those corporate suits are gonna do about/with the last Predator's slavaged plasma shoulder canon. And maybe/hopefully we'll get to see more of the Predator home planet, too.

steverules
Pretty simple...they will use the plasma gun and get ass raped by the predators in the end

BruceSkywalker
I like the AVP movies. Having this one in space makes a lot of sense. I'mm sure they'll find a way to bring everything together.

steverules
They'd need to do something about the plasma gun

BruceSkywalker
Originally posted by steverules
They'd need to do something about the plasma gun

The gun may be in AVP 3 or maybe another Pred will have another plasma gun. I would love to see another Predalien in part 3.

steverules
Would be cool, maybe there will be another, or more than just one

BruceSkywalker
I hope so.. I'd love to see a Pred with two plasma cannons and two wristblades.

steverules
In the game of the new film, you get to use two plasma guns, not sure about the wrist blades though...there may have been two

coolmovies
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

crystallake
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
I'd watch AvP-3.

Sure, why not. I'll catch the Sat. morn matinee, with some popcorn and soda and relax and watch it.

Besides. i wanna see what those corporate suits are gonna do about/with the last Predator's slavaged plasma shoulder canon. And maybe/hopefully we'll get to see more of the Predator home planet, too.

Agreed - I'm curious to see where they go with the plasma cannon myself. And as for the Predator home planet thing, it would be awesome if it played a larger part in AVP-3. Supposedly there's a documentary about the behind-the-scenes work on the Predator home planet on the 2-disc version of the AvP-R DVD; if there was already a lot of work done, it might be able to be carried over to "jumpstart" similiar work on AvP-3, I would think.

steverules
The fact that they have the gun kinda reminds me of the Predator: Concrete jungle game

steverules
Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Predator_%28franchise%29#Rumored_sequels

BruceSkywalker
I 've heard this. I've also heard that wrestler John Cena may be taking over the role of Dutch.

steverules
I'd love to see Harrigan and Dutch togtether taking on Yautja's, Cena as Dutch could be a good idea

BruceSkywalker
I think Pred 3 could work. I good script and lots of action will definitely help.

exanda kane
Awful.

steverules
I liked both original predator movies...I hope this one can do good as well

Kazenji
That second movie they did has some story from Predator: concrete jungle (No not the game) Novel/Comic

And that Predator 3: The Deadlier of the Species mentioned above is the almost the samething minus it being in winter.

steverules
Well originally I think concrete jungle was going to be a movie

Kazenji
It would've good if they did use the story 100%, Get to see a predator invasion force invading New york.

steverules
Yeah I woulda preffered that...but I dunno if we would have ever seen the alien skull on the ship, and that was a cool scene

ragesRemorse
Yeah I woulda preffered that...but I dunno if we would have ever seen the alien skull on the ship, and that was a cool scene

yeah, but worth as much as the quality of a good movie? NO

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by darthmaul1
First off they should get Adam Baldwin back to reprise his role of Garber

Baldwin???....,NO, immediate FAIL!! sick sick

here's a thought. how about aliens versus predator 3 be about aliens fighting predators with some space marines thrown in?

This is the easiest god damn mother fvcking movie to make. The recipe is known and the recipe is well liked. ALIENS/COLONIAL MARINES-----PREDATOR/KILL SHIT. how hard is it to mash all these mother fvckers together ? i mean really. Alright, a space freighter crash lands on a planet. Fvck there are aliens EVERYWEHERE!!!!, Colonial marines answer the distress beacon and get caught up in between an alien on alien war where they have to save civilians, and then they make shiit dead while the aliens are making each other and the marines deader. OK now was that hard?

I MEAN FVCK FVCKKKKKKKK. no, we have to put ONE mother fvckin predator up against dozens of aliens in the backdrop of a dawsons creek episode. Hollywood is fvkcing retarded as the syntax and grammer i used to write this rant. Anything from here on out ever involving aliens or predator will be epic garbage. AvP2 was honestly one of the worst failures i have ever sat through. It was offensive as a fan of the fvcking movies and extended lore, but even worse...,it was offensive as a movie fan. Hollywood bent me over and systematically placed their giant penis directly in my ass and neglected to use any sort of lubricant while the steady stroking was taking place. I didnt even get a reach around...all i got was shitty effects and darkness. I puke spit and crap on everyone responsible for the steaming pile of failure that was AvP2 and the two incredible franchises which died with it. mad mad mad

steverules
Originally posted by ragesRemorse
yeah, but worth as much as the quality of a good movie? NO

Was still a cool scene, plus I liked the movie....it's a love/hate movie

crystallake

here's a thought. how about aliens versus predator 3 be about aliens fighting predators with some space marines thrown in?

This is the easiest god damn mother fvcking movie to make. The recipe is known and the recipe is well liked. ALIENS/COLONIAL MARINES-----PREDATOR/KILL SHIT. how hard is it to mash all these mother fvckers together ? i mean really. Alright, a space freighter crash lands on a planet. Fvck there are aliens EVERYWEHERE!!!!, Colonial marines answer the distress beacon and get caught up in between an alien on alien war where they have to save civilians, and then they make shiit dead while the aliens are making each other and the marines deader. OK now was that hard?

I MEAN FVCK FVCKKKKKKKK. no, we have to put ONE mother fvckin predator up against dozens of aliens in the backdrop of a dawsons creek episode. Hollywood is fvkcing retarded as the syntax and grammer i used to write this rant. Anything from here on out ever involving aliens or predator will be epic garbage. AvP2 was honestly one of the worst failures i have ever sat through. It was offensive as a fan of the fvcking movies and extended lore, but even worse...,it was offensive as a movie fan. Hollywood bent me over and systematically placed their giant penis directly in my ass and neglected to use any sort of lubricant while the steady stroking was taking place. I didnt even get a reach around...all i got was shitty effects and darkness. I puke spit and crap on everyone responsible for the steaming pile of failure that was AvP2 and the two incredible franchises which died with it. mad mad mad

Ugh, this is the same damn complaint I hear every time somebody wants to whine about AVP2 - "it didn't have colonial marines"! Seriously, that complaint is just as common as "it only had one Predator!" What the hell? PREDATOR only had one damn Predator!!! As for the marines thing there's two problems with this - #1, they're NOT trying to remake "Aliens" again. Do that, and all you get is a crappy knock-off of a movie we've already seen, with a Predator thrown in. They were trying to take the franchise in a different direction with AVP2, and I applaud them for that. Getting back to smaller, more claustrophobic horror was a good choice over always opting for "bigger and better". And, that brings us to problem #2: money. Sure, it's easy to say "here's the easy answer to the problem" when you don't have to worry about a budget! AVP2 was only made for like $30 million, which is pretty good considering what they got out of it - and the profit it turned at the box office. To make a movie with your scenario, they'd need a budget of like $200 million - and do you really think an AVP3 movie is going to make enough money to turn a profit on a budget that large, even if it's awesome? That's a HUGE risk, and not one that I think most studios are willing to take - it's the same reason we see less and less big-budget sci-fi movies nowadays.

It's easy to be a fanboy and complain "this is the ultimate movie", but sadly, there's more to making a movie than just having an idea; it's a business, too. Don't misunderstand me - I'd LOVE to see a movie with an a$$load of Predators trashing an entire planet of Aliens, but I don't think it's gonna happen. If all I can get is a $30 million dollar AVP movie... well, as long as it's got Predators and Aliens (and Predaliens) whuppin' the crap out of each other, like AVP2 did, then I'm happy.

steverules
I liked AvP: R I dunno why so many people said it was bad, I liked it alot

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by crystallake
Ugh, this is the same damn complaint I hear every time somebody wants to whine about AVP2 - "it didn't have colonial marines"! Seriously, that complaint is just as common as "it only had one Predator!" What the hell? PREDATOR only had one damn Predator!!! As for the marines thing there's two problems with this - #1, they're NOT trying to remake "Aliens" again. Do that, and all you get is a crappy knock-off of a movie we've already seen, with a Predator thrown in. They were trying to take the franchise in a different direction with AVP2, and I applaud them for that. Getting back to smaller, more claustrophobic horror was a good choice over always opting for "bigger and better". And, that brings us to problem #2: money. Sure, it's easy to say "here's the easy answer to the problem" when you don't have to worry about a budget! AVP2 was only made for like $30 million, which is pretty good considering what they got out of it - and the profit it turned at the box office. To make a movie with your scenario, they'd need a budget of like $200 million - and do you really think an AVP3 movie is going to make enough money to turn a profit on a budget that large, even if it's awesome? That's a HUGE risk, and not one that I think most studios are willing to take - it's the same reason we see less and less big-budget sci-fi movies nowadays.

It's easy to be a fanboy and complain "this is the ultimate movie", but sadly, there's more to making a movie than just having an idea; it's a business, too. Don't misunderstand me - I'd LOVE to see a movie with an a$$load of Predators trashing an entire planet of Aliens, but I don't think it's gonna happen. If all I can get is a $30 million dollar AVP movie... well, as long as it's got Predators and Aliens (and Predaliens) whuppin' the crap out of each other, like AVP2 did, then I'm happy.

laughing out loud You dont even know what the fvck you are talking about. However, i cant blame you. Some people just have no taste in movies and some people just like being fed SHiiT. You liek the taste of shiit, dont you sir? I mean, instead of not making a good movie, due to budget. They make a shiit movie on a shoestring budget...,in what drug enduced fantasy land does this sound like a good idea?

you call me a fan boy..,yes, i i am a fan of good fvcking movies. EXCUSE THE MOTHER FVCKING shiit out of me. I enjoy alien, ALIENS, PRedator and even predator 2 for what it attempted. I will even give a pass to alien 3. Alien 3 created great atmosphere, but failed under shiity effects and a studio strangle hold. I EVEN enjoy AvP, by anderson, it was entertaining, in a cult b movie sort of way. BUT IN NO MOTHER FVCKING UNIVERSE can you or anyone else tell me that AvP2 had ANY god damn redeeming qualities. IT was insulting, thats how bad it was.

I dont want an entire platoon of fvcking predators...,but atleast give me more than ONE, you silly dim witted presumptuous hose brain. FVCK. i mean, what is wrong with sticking to what works? IF you knew anything of what you are talking about. You would then know that the COLONIAL MARINES are an integral aspect of the Alien and alien vs predator universe. In the comics and novels there is always marines with aliens...,it is apart of the god damn chemistry. I want action, buddy. If im paying to see aliens vs predator. I dont want to see a high school soap opera with even worse acting. I want intense mother fvcking action. Not something that is sparsed with short integrals of choppy, disorienting,to dark to see what the fvck is going on CLOSE UP SHOT action sequences.

No, Anderson had the same budget, he did a great job with he was given. HE knew what he was doing. When the aliens were on screen. I felt as though i was watching a xenomorph. When a predator was on screen. I felt as though i was seeing a god damn cosmic hunter. If you can honestly respect a studio which gives amateur directors the responsibility of producing a fan film, from an industry which was built on the loyalty "fanboys". With nothing but a spaghetti noodle and a shitty super 8 camera...,then you are everything that is wrong with the movie watching audience. THIS MOVIE IS BALLS> STAY AWAY and let these franchises die.

ragesRemorse
OH yeah, one more point. You say the scenario i give would cost 200million dollars. Do me a favor. use your internet computer machine and search the budgets for alien, aliens and predator. You know what, let me save your dumbass some trouble. the budget for ALiens alien and predator...,combined, are less than 30 million dollars. So, you know what the morale is?

GOOD FILMAKING!!!!!!!! yeah, you got ass raped by fox. They have no care or standards of what was produced. They knew you would go see it no matter what the quality was. As long as the main actors were teenagers...,thats your so called "new" direction. Appealing to the god damn generation that didnt grow up with, and support these two franchises for 20+ years. GTFO!!!!!

ragesRemorse
Was still a cool scene, plus I liked the movie....it's a love/hate movie

yeah, i give you that. P2 definitely had its points, regardless.

darthmaul1

steverules
I'd like them to have a sort of closing, end AvP 3 with a leading into alien sorta thing

crystallake
I mean, instead of not making a good movie, due to budget. They make a shiit movie on a shoestring budget...,in what drug enduced fantasy land does this sound like a good idea?

You originally said that it would be "simple" to make a film where a space freighter crashes into an entire planet of Aliens. You throw a platoon of Colonial Marines and a large group of Predators into that mix... yeah, that's gonna be a big budget film. I really don't think a film like that could be made for $30 million. If I'm given the choice between no movie at all, because Fox won't risk the truckloads of cash it would take to bring your vision to life, or a smaller, more intimate AvP movie, much like the original "Alien", which had no "planet full of Aliens" or colonial marines - I'm gonna take the smaller film and enjoy it. Would I love a massive, big-budget AvP bonanza? Absolutely - especially since I'm not the one paying for it! But since nobody else seems to be stepping up to that multi-million dollar plate and takin' one for the fanboy team (of which I include myself, admittedly big grin), I'm happy to enjoy the smaller film with the action I like, rather than sulking and saying I want my dream movie or nothing at all.

BUT IN NO MOTHER FVCKING UNIVERSE can you or anyone else tell me that AvP2 had ANY god damn redeeming qualities. IT was insulting, thats how bad it was.

Judging from the other posters on here, I would say there's plenty of us who found redeeming qualities in AvP:R - the $128 million dollars it made at the B.O. would tend to agree with me, too. wink

Originally posted by ragesRemorse i mean, what is wrong with sticking to what works? IF you knew anything of what you are talking about. You would then know that the COLONIAL MARINES are an integral aspect of the Alien and alien vs predator universe. In the comics and novels there is always marines with aliens...,it is apart of the god damn chemistry.

I'm willing to concede the point on the comics, only because I'm not familiar enough with them to argue about them, but as for the films - the colonial marines were central to ONE movie - "Aliens". That's not exactly "integral to the universe" of the franchises. It may be an important part of the chemistry in the comics, but for the franchises that movie-going audiences are familiar with and love... not as much.

Originally posted by ragesRemorse As long as the main actors were teenagers...,thats your so called "new" direction.

Viewing AvP:R as just a stand-alone film, the teenager element fits perfectly, because it was in sync with the "modern horror setting" they were trying to give the film. Do I want to see them do it again in AvP 3? Not necessarily - we've already seen it now. I was just saying that I applauded for trying something different, rather than sitting down and saying "How can we make the exact same movie audiences have seen before", which is what much of your "dream movie" seems to be.

crystallake
I'd like them to have a sort of closing, end AvP 3 with a leading into alien sorta thing

I wouldn't mind having a "closing chapter" like the one darthmaul1 described... except that I'm kind of hoping they'll make more than just 1 last AVP movie! How about darthmaul1's scenario as, say, AVP 10? stick out tongue

darthmaul1
after they went with mine for AVP3 idea then they would be free to do what ever they want, it wouldn't be an end of the series by any means

ragesRemorse
You originally said that it would be "simple" to make a film where a space freighter crashes into an entire planet of Aliens. You throw a platoon of Colonial Marines and a large group of Predators into that mix... yeah, that's gonna be a big budget film. I really don't think a film like that could be made for $30 million. If I'm given the choice between no movie at all, because Fox won't risk the truckloads of cash it would take to bring your vision to life, or a smaller, more intimate AvP movie, much like the original "Alien", which had no "planet full of Aliens" or colonial marines - I'm gonna take the smaller film and enjoy it. Would I love a massive, big-budget AvP bonanza? Absolutely - especially since I'm not the one paying for it! But since nobody else seems to be stepping up to that multi-million dollar plate and takin' one for the fanboy team (of which I include myself, admittedly big grin), I'm happy to enjoy the smaller film with the action I like, rather than sulking and saying I want my dream movie or nothing at all.

Judging from the other posters on here, I would say there's plenty of us who found redeeming qualities in AvP:R - the $128 million dollars it made at the B.O. would tend to agree with me, too. wink

I'm willing to concede the point on the comics, only because I'm not familiar enough with them to argue about them, but as for the films - the colonial marines were central to ONE movie - "Aliens". That's not exactly "integral to the universe" of the franchises. It may be an important part of the chemistry in the comics, but for the franchises that movie-going audiences are familiar with and love... not as much.

Viewing AvP:R as just a stand-alone film, the teenager element fits perfectly, because it was in sync with the "modern horror setting" they were trying to give the film. Do I want to see them do it again in AvP 3? Not necessarily - we've already seen it now. I was just saying that I applauded for trying something different, rather than sitting down and saying "How can we make the exact same movie audiences have seen before", which is what much of your "dream movie" seems to be.

Anderson made AVP for almost the same price as AVP2. There was more than one predator in that movie. Infact...,i counted three. I dont want "truckloads" of predators. I want more than one. Having A single predator take down a horde of aliens greatly takes away from the threat of the Alien character. The Aliens in AVP2 felt like disposable insects, much like the awful cast of the human characters.

You say there cannot be Colonial Marines because that would be, essentially remaking ALiens? But...,It is entirely ok to re-create the claustrophobic tone set in Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 and predator? I thought AvP did a much better job at introducing the Predators and aliens as characters. The intimate sense of doom was much more apparent in the original AvP. AvP2 tried to be much more in your face and balls to the wall action, but the hands and eyes behind the camera lacked vision and technical skill. AvP2 wanted so badly to be more like ALIENS than Alien, so i do not see your point in preferring the intimate claustrophobia that AvP2 set. This is probably just a breakdown in personal preferences, but AvP2 was even riddled with silent homages to Aliens.

As far as the Colonial Marines. They offer a most perfect and competent excuse for the presence of humans. Personally, it sickens me that this franchise is trying to keep a series going in chronological order. There is absolutely no reason for these movies to follow a specific timeline. With no characters following over to each movie, it does nothing for the series but quell the possibilities. This is why we were presented with such a ridiculous premise in AvP2. The predators crashland in the middle of dawsons creek without being noticed. A single predator decides he is going to play rambo and leaves a PLANET of predators to go it alone. They dont have to be colonial marines, but at least a force that is more imposing than teenagers or scientists.

Of course the teenager element fits perfectly, thats the demographic the filmmakers and producers were appealing to. You applaud them for trying something different? They did NOTHING different. They loosely followed the formula set by cameron, scott and Mctiernan. The only thing which was different about AvP2 was the setting...THAT IS IT. Anderson did the same thing, but at least he was better able to capture the presence of the Alien and Predator. My dream movie is a competent story with intense action. Not Aliens mixed with Predator...,but even so, would that be such a bad thing? There is nothing you can do with these franchises that has not already been perfected. The people paying to see these movies only want to see aliens and predators fighting, nothing revolutionary. As a fan, i dont want to see choppy, dark action as filler between a teenage soap opera.

41 million US gross is a success for a movie of this budget. I'm glad it was a success in sales. I wouldnt mind seeing another attempt in the series, but as we all know. Sales gross by no means has anything to do with the quality of the film and little to say in the audiences reception.

Lord Shadow Z
I think Predator 2 was just as good as the first, it had different ideas but at least we got to see more of the Predator in action. Also they kept the original soundtrack which helped it enormously.

A Predator 3 would be welcome but you have to give it to either Mctiernan or to Stephen Hopkins (director of the 2nd) for it to work. I mean, you give part of the franchise to idiots and they came up with AVP.

vintageSW77
the Alien and Predator franchise much like Elm St and Halloween etc should be put to bed now

steverules
after they went with mine for AVP3 idea then they would be free to do what ever they want, it wouldn't be an end of the series by any means

I don't think there is much point going over 3 movies...but thats just my opinion, they probably will make more than 3

steverules
It will never be put to bed, they know it'll make money so they'll probably make a 5th alien movie and there will probably be a Predator 3, heck I'd watch them...I don't always listen to the critics because some of the movies they criticise are actually quite good...but only some of them.

BruceSkywalker
I don't think there is much point going over 3 movies...but thats just my opinion, they probably will make more than 3

If 3 is as successful as the first two were than yeah I'd have to agree with you Steve

crystallake
Anderson made AVP for almost the same price as AVP2. There was more than one predator in that movie. Infact...,i counted three. I dont want "truckloads" of predators. I want more than one. Having A single predator take down a horde of aliens greatly takes away from the threat of the Alien character. The Aliens in AVP2 felt like disposable insects, much like the awful cast of the human characters.

You say there cannot be Colonial Marines because that would be, essentially remaking ALiens? But...,It is entirely ok to re-create the claustrophobic tone set in Alien, Aliens, Alien 3 and predator? I thought AvP did a much better job at introducing the Predators and aliens as characters. The intimate sense of doom was much more apparent in the original AvP. AvP2 tried to be much more in your face and balls to the wall action, but the hands and eyes behind the camera lacked vision and technical skill. AvP2 wanted so badly to be more like ALIENS than Alien, so i do not see your point in preferring the intimate claustrophobia that AvP2 set. This is probably just a breakdown in personal preferences, but AvP2 was even riddled with silent homages to Aliens.

As far as the Colonial Marines. They offer a most perfect and competent excuse for the presence of humans. Personally, it sickens me that this franchise is trying to keep a series going in chronological order. There is absolutely no reason for these movies to follow a specific timeline. With no characters following over to each movie, it does nothing for the series but quell the possibilities. This is why we were presented with such a ridiculous premise in AvP2. The predators crashland in the middle of dawsons creek without being noticed. A single predator decides he is going to play rambo and leaves a PLANET of predators to go it alone. They dont have to be colonial marines, but at least a force that is more imposing than teenagers or scientists.

Of course the teenager element fits perfectly, thats the demographic the filmmakers and producers were appealing to. You applaud them for trying something different? They did NOTHING different. They loosely followed the formula set by cameron, scott and Mctiernan. The only thing which was different about AvP2 was the setting...THAT IS IT. Anderson did the same thing, but at least he was better able to capture the presence of the Alien and Predator. My dream movie is a competent story with intense action. Not Aliens mixed with Predator...,but even so, would that be such a bad thing? There is nothing you can do with these franchises that has not already been perfected. The people paying to see these movies only want to see aliens and predators fighting, nothing revolutionary. As a fan, i dont want to see choppy, dark action as filler between a teenage soap opera.

41 million US gross is a success for a movie of this budget. I'm glad it was a success in sales. I wouldnt mind seeing another attempt in the series, but as we all know. Sales gross by no means has anything to do with the quality of the film and little to say in the audiences reception.

I still don't agree with some of your points, but it seems like this is going to eventually boil down to a "agree to disagree" scenario, and that's fine - I prefer the dark violence of AVP:R, whereas you seem to prefer the triple-Predator action of AVP. To each their own. Perhaps they'll combine 'em in AVP3, and we'll both be happy. big grin

The one thing I DO agree with you on, though, is your point about the AVP movies following a chronological order. It doesn't really bother me - I kinda liked how AVP's cliffhanger tied directly into the action in AVP:R - but this franchise IS one of the rare ones that has the ability to have completely seperate stand-alone episodes, and it would be fine. If one episode was set in present-day Antarctica and the next epidsoe was set 100 years in the future, I don't think anyone would particularly mind, since both the Predators and the Aliens seem a bit "future/timeless". While I don't have a problem with the way they've followed chronological order so far, I don't think the filmmakers should feel shackled to that concept, if they come up with an idea that goes somewhere else.

darthmaul1
Just tie in the avp series to alien the way i suggested and then they could be free to go to what ever planet in what ever time
Predator 2 wasn't connected with the first Predator with the exception of seeing Anna's picutre and the mention of the 2 survivors and that the predator was there 10 years ago

steverules
Well they wanted Arnold in the sequal but he turned them down

crystallake
By the way, I just finally picked up my copy of AvP:R on DVD yesterday - it's still awesome. big grin I actually think the Unrated version is better than the version I saw in the theater; they added about 15 minutes of time back into the movie, and it really helps to flesh out some of the scenes, like the Predator discovering the wreckage of the ship on Earth. I don't know why they cut some of this stuff out of the theatrical release - it's really a better movie this way. Still, I'm glad I've got it now! Happy Dance

crystallake
I'd love to see a Predator 3, but I don't know if it needs to have Dutch make a return. I know the Alien movies have a recurring character in Ripley, but other than that, it doesn't seem necessary - Predator 2 didn't have anyone from the first Predator film, and AvP:R didn't have anyone from the first AVP movie, and neither of them felt out-of-place or lacking for me because of it; they were both cool movies that managed to stand on their own merits.

I think the Predator/Alien/AVP franchises all really lend themselves to "stand-alone" stories - why mess that up by unnecessarily returning to a character who's been gone for 20 years?

Smasandian
I just hope Cena is not in it.

It would never see it if thats the case.

And if the second director was involved. Predator 2 was garbage.

Smasandian
I have no idea why they dont take the idea from the games.

That would of been more iinteresting than the first AVP, and the second.

BruceSkywalker
By the way, I just finally picked up my copy of AvP:R on DVD yesterday - it's still awesome. big grin I actually think the Unrated version is better than the version I saw in the theater; they added about 15 minutes of time back into the movie, and it really helps to flesh out some of the scenes, like the Predator discovering the wreckage of the ship on Earth. I don't know why they cut some of this stuff out of the theatrical release - it's really a better movie this way. Still, I'm glad I've got it now! Happy Dance

I'm buying my copy of AVP: R on saturday. In the unrated version is the added time in deleted scenes or while watching the movie you see the 15 minutes during the film?

Also of note. Although the video game would make for a possible film, I think that a fresh brand new story based in outer space should be part 3

BruceSkywalker
I will see Pred 3 anyway, whether it is a reboot or continuation. Its been a while since I've heard anytime about who will star, but I'll see it nonetheless.

darthmaul1
it's only like 8 minutes longer not 15 and it does make some of the scenes make more sense, like the smaller ship crashing and how there are only 2 or 3 preds on it.
and it is intergrated into the movie.
i think the pred that shows up after may be the dead preds father.
it is still quite dark on my tv i can't even make out the hawkins on the grave stone because i have the brightness turned down to get rid of the red squares around the tiefighters in star wars.

ragesRemorse
Originally posted by Smasandian
I have no idea why they dont take the idea from the games.

That would of been more iinteresting than the first AVP, and the second.

exactly, thats what im saying. The avp2 game was a very cinematic game.

ragesRemorse
I still don't agree with some of your points, but it seems like this is going to eventually boil down to a "agree to disagree" scenario, and that's fine - I prefer the dark violence of AVP:R, whereas you seem to prefer the triple-Predator action of AVP. To each their own. Perhaps they'll combine 'em in AVP3, and we'll both be happy. big grin

The one thing I DO agree with you on, though, is your point about the AVP movies following a chronological order. It doesn't really bother me - I kinda liked how AVP's cliffhanger tied directly into the action in AVP:R - but this franchise IS one of the rare ones that has the ability to have completely seperate stand-alone episodes, and it would be fine. If one episode was set in present-day Antarctica and the next epidsoe was set 100 years in the future, I don't think anyone would particularly mind, since both the Predators and the Aliens seem a bit "future/timeless". While I don't have a problem with the way they've followed chronological order so far, I don't think the filmmakers should feel shackled to that concept, if they come up with an idea that goes somewhere else.

I prefer dark violence over mindless action too. Not saying there is anything wrong with the latter, but the aliens and predator series are known for building the tension to an intense release. I dont think this was accomplished in the slightest in AvP;R though, it was attempted. You're right though, no sense in arguing further.

I'm sure the producers want to keep the movies proceeding in a seamless timeline. They probably feel the audience couldnt accept anything otherwise sad

steverules
I was rather confused as to how it became this huge ship with most likely more than 2 predators plus one elder predator...to being a smaller looking ship with 2 predators.

I was wondering why that pred seemed upset about that other pred being dead..what makes you think they are related DM1?

steverules
I hope it's something set on the predator home planet

darthmaul1
The smaller ship is shown detatching from the bigger one in the unrated edition
and it just makes more sense that the 2 predators are related either the son dies and the father comes to the rescue or the younger brother dies and the elder one come to the rescue

ragesRemorse
I was rather confused as to how it became this huge ship with most likely more than 2 predators plus one elder predator...to being a smaller looking ship with 2 predators.

I was wondering why that pred seemed upset about that other pred being dead..what makes you think they are related DM1?

dude, dont even think on that one, it makes as much sense as the predator going out of his way to discreetly dispose of the alien bodies

Menetnashté

When I saw that scene I figured they were related as brothers it would seem. There's an even longer scene with the two on the DVD

crystallake
Originally posted by BruceSkywalker
I'm buying my copy of AVP: R on saturday. In the unrated version is the added time in deleted scenes or while watching the movie you see the 15 minutes during the film?

The added AVP:R footage is cut back into the film; it's not set out as seperate deleted scenes. The movie makes more sense this way.

I did notice, though, that there's a special feature where you can set it so that the movie automatically notates each time a scene is something that was cut out of the theatrical release.

ragesRemorse
im sure many of you have seen this. It is a CGI fan made movie of aliens VS Predator.Aside from some dodgy voice acting It is actually really decent quality, considering when it was made. There is two 25 minute parts. The creator was told to stop all further fan made films because he used licensed sounds. Not sure why, he wasnt distributing, but all fans should check these out.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zR2H9m59EFo&feature=related

darthmaul1
dude, dont even think on that one, it makes as much sense as the predator going out of his way to discreetly dispose of the alien bodies

The predator is removing all traces of the aliens cause they don't want any one else to know about them.

ragesRemorse
The predator is removing all traces of the aliens cause they don't want any one else to know about them.

yeah, and that doesnt make very much sense.

steverules
I dunno why they don't want humans knowing about the aliens...I guess they know that no good can come from them knowing or something

BruceSkywalker
The added AVP:R footage is cut back into the film; it's not set out as seperate deleted scenes. The movie makes more sense this way.

I did notice, though, that there's a special feature where you can set it so that the movie automatically notates each time a scene is something that was cut out of the theatrical release.

Cool, I look forward to watching it

ragesRemorse
I dunno why they don't want humans knowing about the aliens...I guess they know that no good can come from them knowing or something

well, if it were because they are responsible for the creation of the Aliens, it still wouldnt make any sense...,unless they had gone out of their way and actually made that a competent part of the story.

He doesnt want to alert anyone to suspicious activity or evidence. Yet, he skins and hangs his first human victim. Then suddenly, halfway through the film he decides it is no longer necessary to dispose of the Alien bodies or witnesses.

steverules
That was odd, maybe he just ran outta that...acid stuff he had, whatever the hell that was...would be a good stain remover

Menetnashté
He didn't want anyone to find traces of the aliens existence in fear that humans would attempt to clone or test on it, from what I can tell. However leaving a skinned person in a tree doesn't have anything to do with aliens period, no saliva, no broken rib cage, no traces of aliens can whatsoever be traced to it.

steverules
Predators are clever enough to never leave evidence behind....well sometimes

High Priest
it will be crap just like the others

steverules
If set in space...then I have hope

skywalker833
AVP 3 would be awesome.

steverules
I actually liked requiem

coolmovies
its out today on dvd and blue ray

steverules
Yeah downloaded it ages ago...blu-ray version un-rated

Kazenji
IMO they still need more work on the Story and acting side of things with these films but apart from that Requiem was good far better movie then then the first film.

Csdabest
I think people are mad because of the Names behind the movie. Alone this movie is amazing. I love part 2. I dont see why people are soo pissed. yeah it could have been better. But its alright as it is.

Kazenji
I'm guessing people are expecting way too much from these films and hoping one day James Cameron or some more well known director will take over.

jalek moye
I hope it's something set on the predator home planet
but if they did that, it ruin the mysterious aspect of them. and make them less badass/scary by seeing too many of them doing not hunting things

steverules
Yeah...but still I would like to see a bit more of the predator home planet

steverules
How could requiem have been better? I dunno what faults there were? Though I guess the acting kinda sucked

Combat_Guru
Co-signed smile

coolmovies
I used to like the alien serias now that the AVP are out the whole serias is washed out . I do like arnies Predtor and the four alien films the AVP movies suck

steverules
I didn't like alien 3 nor the 4th

coolmovies
The Directors cut of 3 was good everything about AVP2 was crap a big mess

steverules
What didn't you like?

Mairuzu
AvP in space sounds like a good thing, I hope we just get some good 'ol aliens and predators ripping each other to pieces and no damn humans lol with no dialog

steverules
I guess thats asking too much sad

Kazenji
If they ever do restart with this series after the third one, I hope they start using the comics for the stories.

steverules
Or the games big grin

Kazenji
Yea that Avp 2 (PC) would be good for a movie if they did it right.

steverules
I liked the capcom AvP game, but dunno if that would make for a good story line

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by exanda kane
$129M is a good gross, especially considering the budget. I have no idea where the guy got that impression from.

um.....no thats shit

steverules
Yup, most movies make more than that

coolmovies
The Alien serias needs an own fourm

steverules
They gave one to other fim series with only 4 movies so there wouldn't be any harm in that

Stewie_Griffin
I love what has been done with the franchise so far so I'd like to see a third movie but it needs to be at least over two hours with a hell of a lot more action.

Kazenji
Originally posted by Stewie_Griffin
I love what has been done with the franchise so far so I'd like to see a third movie but it needs to be at least over two hours with a hell of a lot more action.

And a director who knows what he's doing not a bunch of unknown ones.

Stewie_Griffin
I liked what the Strause brothers did with AVP2 os I want them to come back for the third movie. Truthfully, even though the movies could be better in certain aspects, neither movies deserve all of the flak that they get.

steverules
I just wanna see predators and Aliens go all out...hell I don't care if they do it in a steel cage or a gay bar as long as I get too see a decent fight

Stewie_Griffin
The fights were pretty good in the second movie but they can definitely be better. It seems like everytime they fight the loser of the fight is killed too easily.

cruel jedi
im not sure about another 1 number 2 was alright but im not going to hold my breath on AVP3 being any good no expression

Stewie_Griffin
I think number 2 is the best thus far, it had a pretty good plot, an alright cast (a little inexperienced though for the most part), and some great action. Still, for AVP 3 I think the action should be improved upon and so that it looks even more animalistic.

Wolfie
I hated the first one. I thought it was insulting to the fans of both series.

The second one, however, I did like. It was just all-around better.

After the ending to the first one, I don't know where they could go from there.

cruel jedi
thats wat i thought erm

Stewie_Griffin
The first one had a good story that just wasn't executed the right way. If it had been under the guide of the Strause brothers all along, both movies would be better received. Not to mention that the first movie's cast delivered their lines as if they were still reading them off of the paper (for the most part). I'll always like the movie, but it has a lot of flaws.

steverules
I never liked the acting in AvP, I found it to be terrible and dull

Stewie_Griffin
AVP:R had acceptable acting though and I thought that it had some good acting.

Nemesis X
Dude, the AVPR movie sucked so bad, it should have been in the bad movies list right next to Meet The Spartans laughing

Nemesis X
The movie sucked. Though it would be cool if they made a Alien vs. Predator vs. Terminator like the one in the comics and hopefully it wont suck like the last AVP film.

Nemesis X
A Predator 3, are you serious? That would be an awesome flick. How's about if the movie started by showing the Predator homeworld where the main character (a Predator I mean) gets thrown into a pit of Aliens because he commited a crime that disgraced his people. Hours later, the Predator kills all the Aliens and is sent on a mission to reclaim his honor. The twist in the movie, a rogue Predator doesn't like him and he tries to kill him.

what do people think?

GGS
No

steverules
Usually predator films are just....a predator killing a buncha people then getting killed by a human in the end. I'd like to see more of the predator home world...if a predator 3 was made, then do the usual predator landing on earth. I'm tyring to think of what could make a good pred storyline but I haven't got much.

steverules
AvP is more acceptable as a movie due to the history and the fact that they are the movie industies two biggest alien creatures. Ever since the alien skull was in that predator ship there's been alotta AvP stuff like movies and comics. The AvPvT was just a one of thing that most likely won't be made into a movie, it could be good but I doubt it will ever be done just simple due to the fact that AvP is just such a long running thing and AvPvT was like I said...a one of thing.

Placidity
Man AvP >>> AvPR....

Aliens running around on local streets, yeah right, which genius came up with that.

Stewie_Griffin
It was better to have an infestation than to have a limited amount of Xenomorphs.

Nemesis X
I've been thinking for a while and no they probaly should not make a new Predator movie. For all we know, Predator 3 is just going to be a remake of the first Predator film made by some guy who just wants to make quick cash for making such a crappy movie.

ragesRemorse
yeah, the aliens and predator franchises have become a bastion for shitty directors to come along and squat their, stupid , dumbass idea's on a once renowned film franchise. But, now, it has become a sorry joke, fukin aliens vs predators in the middle of dawsons' FUKING CREEK!!!! who thought that was a good idea?

Kazenji
yeah, the aliens and predator franchises have become a bastion for shitty directors to come along and squat their, stupid , dumbass idea's on a once renowned film franchise. But, now, it has become a sorry joke,

So so true.

kodak

big grin

ragesRemorse
First movie just barely passed

The second was the worst, most embarrassing, insulting sorry excuse for a movie that has ever come out of Fox studio's. Dawson's Creek and two badass science fiction monsters is not a good combination. AvPR was a piecea hunka shit that will always reek.

The aliens and predator franchise has become a joke. The moment that they turned down James Cameron and ridley Scott for alien 5 to do AvP INSTEAD The alien franchise died. Predator has a chance of succeeding if it distances itself from the xenomorphs.

Darth Martin
AVP thumb down

AVP: Requiem thumb up

coolmovies
they all suck

darthmaul1

Biff Tannen
Enough with AvP, I just want to see Predator 3 already...

gentmax
I thought the great thing about the Predator movies was the 'Thrill of the Hunt". As well as the "is there something out there?" and "what the hell is that?" The predator creature is no different than you or me, traveling to another continent to hunt dangerous game. IMO if they take it to their homeworld, it will take some of the suspense out of it.

NonSensi-Klown
It'd be a good movie if Will Smith was the main character.

steverules
Will Smith in a predator film...haermm Would be interesting

Markus Corvinus
I'll be glad when they finally release some news regarding AVP3, I'm a big fan of the series, and I more than welcome a third movie.

Menetnashté
The first AVP was a disappointment. The second one had potential until they through in the crappy little side stories for all of the people. Though I think that the second movie had more connecting it to the other Alien and Predator movies. The third one can be good, but they've got to get half decent acting and an interesting plot. I don't want to see two total fights like in AVP and I don't want to see Dawson's Creek like in AVP2.

Markus Corvinus
The first AVP, to me, was a good movie, but could've been a little better. The second, was a vast improvement, and I felt that it was much more true to the Xenomorphs and Yautja. I expect the third movie to take it up another level.

MildPossession
The film makers don't think there will be an Alien Vs Predator 3, just another single sequel for Alien, or Predator. They said this a few weeks ago, and this topic was made in April yes? So might not be happening.

Markus Corvinus
Ah well, as much as I like the franchise, I can't say I'm heartbroken. Truthfully, although it'd be cool to see a third one, if you look at it from a certain standpoint, what can they do with the Aliens fighting the Predators on Earth? Afterall, they already nuked a town, and will have to explain why to the United States, and I doubt they could come up with a bunch of lies for that.

deathbycorn
The AVP movies are so sad compared to the original Alien and Predator movies.

They need to make a good 3rd Predator and a good 5th Alien to do justice to both franchises.

Markus Corvinus
As much as I love the AVP series, I do understand why others dislike it. In any case, I disagree about making an Alien 5. I say that they start over and add their own twist on the Alien mythology, without making it suck. A Predator 3 is needed though, and I hope they don't ruin what was started by the first two movies.

Kazenji
Even better do a restart of the AVP movies later on and try and get some more well known directors attached.

Markus Corvinus
Possibly, and I'd say apply to a bit more fantastical element, where the Yautja and Aliens aren't killed so easily.

steverules

Markus Corvinus
AVP porn...not a bad idea, I like the way you think.

In all seriousness, if a new franchise comes up, no hybrid this time. One thing you never want to do is repeat what was already done. Then you have to add on the fact that fans aren't interested in seeing the same thing again & again.

Kazenji
What sort of hybrid do you mean ?

MildPossession
When the first Alien Vs Predator movie stuff was going around, Takashi Miike was rumoured to be the director. That would have been GOODDDDDD.

Markus Corvinus
Originally posted by Kazenji
What sort of hybrid do you mean ?

The Predalien. What I was saying that if they restarted the franchise, don't have another hybrid appear because it'd be like they were following in the footsteps of the previous franchise, instead of going their own route. However, whenever we do see another Predalien, I hope it can surpass the badassness that was Chet.

darthmaul1
just do a 3rd AVP and tie it in with the alien franchise with the ship on LV_426, then they would be free to put the aliens and preds on what ever planet and time they want.

if they do start up the alien movies again just start it from the end of Aliens and pretend alien 3 and resurection never happened.

JayJohn85
Well I think they got definite potential....Remember checking out the timeline on a website didnt seem to be much predator activity around the time us hummies where hitting space so you could do a third one on how the preds had an alien outbreak on there good old home planet thus wiping themshelves out....This in turn explain why humans havent encountered them when we became space faring species

JayJohn85
Man it difficult to read your posts with that highly distracting avatar.

Markus Corvinus
Will Smith is one of the BEST actors out there, but he should not be in a Predator film.

deathbycorn
Originally posted by JayJohn85
Man it difficult to read your posts with that highly distracting avatar.

I wish it wasn't so pixelated big grin

big gay kirk
what they should do is just start again from scratch, like with spiderman and batman etc... ignore what went before, don't make it any kind of sequel, and follow the old comic storyline (or that of the novels...)

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>